ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Mr. Laz 01-23-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pants (Post 9345976)
I don't think it's an MMO. Is it an MMO?

didn't you bring this up with me one time too?

LMAO

Did you consider Diablo II a MMO? PoE is the same type game.

Imon Yourside 01-23-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9345528)
back to Diablo 3 I guess. It wont let me download.

Hang in there, you won't be disappointed.

Pants 01-23-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9346057)
didn't you bring this up with me one time too?

LMAO

Did you consider Diablo II a MMO? PoE is the same type game.

Nah, D2 wasn't an MMO by any stretch of imagination.

Mr. Laz 01-23-2013 10:16 PM

btw ... the PoE guys say that the downloader automatically resumes where it left off so you shouldn't be losing anything.

The counter starts over at 0% but the total remaining amount should drop each time.

so if you made it to 30% twice you should only really have 40% of the original amount left to download.

hometeam 01-23-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Not in the slightest.

hometeam 01-23-2013 11:57 PM

DLing POE now.. just realized I was part of the closed beta for a long time but never actually downloaded the game. Was getting nearly 3mbps down but now has slowed to a crawl :(

Setsuna 01-24-2013 01:34 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9346352)
Not in the slightest.

Well dang. Don't shoot the messenger. Geez. Fine. Whatever it is. My first time. :mad:

Mr. Laz 01-24-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9347918)
Well dang. Don't shoot the messenger. Geez. Fine. Whatever it is. My first time. :mad:

Don't sweat it, they are just being picky nerds.

Technically an MMO is tons of players all in the same world, all at the same time(WoW)

In DII you has a big social environment for everyone to share but you still created separate games for your group.

PoE is a bit different, everyone is in the same game but you don't interact directly with each other unless you are in the same party or town.

meh ... who cares

htismaqe 01-24-2013 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9347918)

That's what she said, isn't it?

Pants 01-24-2013 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9347943)
Don't sweat it, they are just being picky nerds.

Technically an MMO is tons of players all in the same world, all at the same time(WoW)

In DII you has a big social environment for everyone to share but you still created separate games for your group.

PoE is a bit different, everyone is in the same game but you don't interact directly with each other unless you are in the same party or town.

meh ... who cares

It's not even that technical really. You honestly can't really imagine the scope of MMO games until you play one.

Mr. Laz 09-18-2013 10:59 AM

We are writing tell you about an important change to Diablo III: we're going to be removing the gold and real-money auction house system from the game.

When we initially designed and implemented the auction house system, the driving goal was to provide a convenient and secure system for trades. But after much review and player feedback, it became increasingly clear that despite the benefits of the AH system and the fact that many players around the world use it, it ultimately undermines Diablo's core game play: kill monsters to get cool loot.

We're working out the details of how the auction house system will be shut down, but we wanted to share the news as soon as we made the decision in order to give everyone as much advance notice as possible. Please note that the final shutdown will occur on March 18, 2014. We will keep everyone informed as we work through this process, but feel free to check out our blog post [links to us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/] on the subject, and stay tuned to Diablo 3.com [links to us.battle.net/d3/en/] for further details.

- The Diablo III team

Gravedigger 09-18-2013 05:41 PM

It's just a move to sell copies of the expansion. They're pulling a Microsoft at an opportune time to continue the money flowing in.

jd1020 09-18-2013 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9990287)
We are writing tell you about an important change to Diablo III: we're going to be removing the gold and real-money auction house system from the game.

Little late.

After what the gold AH did to the game, the real money AH should have never gone live and the idea should have been scrapped right then and there.

Takes them this long to fix one of the dumbest ideas to ever grace a hack'n'slash rpg?

Sorry. Not getting my money.

Sofa King 09-23-2013 11:34 AM

Too late assholes.

BryanBusby 11-24-2013 06:32 AM

Kind of a necro bump, but whatever.

I got around to playing the console version of Diablo 3 and I have to say I actually liked it a lot.

The graphics look fine, the controls actually translated to a console very well (never assumed this would be a thing) and the loot system with the AH dead is great. (I originally liked the AH system before D3 came out and ended up hating it because they basically designed the loot system for high AH activity and more dollaz in their pocket.)

I actually got gear worth a **** as I progressed along the way and this game sucks a whole lot less when your focus is on wrecking shit instead of farming shit to put on the AH so you can go on the AH for gear you actually want.

Looking back on it now, it still amazes me just how much the original crew massively ****ed up on pretty much everything.

I know they plan to do a lot of changes coming up and a new expansion, but they should do a total reboot like S-E did with FFXIV.