ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***Official Draft Tyler Wilson Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263693)

SPchief 01-27-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355349)
Sorry Bob, but you're absolutely, unequivocally wrong.

ESPN.com provides splits, free of charge, and they track passes IN THE AIR (back to 2002).

Let just take 3 years from each "period" that you've chosen as your sample.

2010 - 64 attempts over 20 yards, 11 over 40 yards
2009 - 48 attempts over 20 yards, 12 over 40 yards
2008 - 62 attempts over 20 yards, 11 over 40 yards

2004 - 71 attempts over 20 yards, TWENTY EIGHT over 40 yards
2003 - 63 attempts over 20 yards, 6 over 40 yards
2002 - 48 attempts over 20 yards, 8 over 40 yards

2004 WRs were Todd Pinkston, Terrell Owens, and Freddie Mitchell. No Maclin, no Jackson.

You're wrong dude, you're just wrong.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9355646)
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful.

I give up. I can't win that coversation even though I am right and I understand that. I have no problem admitting defeat and have been more than willing to step up when I am wrong. I even did it in this thread. If you want to understand what happened, you should start here.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showt...63693&page=112

From my point of view, I see two veteran posters that were wrong and their egos were hurt.

Ban me if you want to but, know that you are banning what has been lost over time through "mob rule" on this website. Those things are creativity and thinking outside the box.

Milkman might be the best poster here but, today he was wrong.

How are they wrong? Look at the stats that have been posted.

BigMeatballDave 01-27-2013 04:28 PM

I'm right, everyone else is wrong./Blackbozo

crazycoffey 01-27-2013 04:55 PM

Just ignore him

htismaqe 01-27-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful.

It doesn't matter if you were trying to be disrespectful or not. You post inflammatory things you better be prepared to get burned.

Quote:

even though I am right

Just downright unbelievable. Nobody could possibly be this myopic.

Quote:

From my point of view, I see two veteran posters that were wrong and their egos were hurt.

Don't kid yourself. You can't touch my ego. See, I don't approach this with any. This is about having a factual and intellectually stimulating conversation about football and has been for over 10 years.

Unfortunately for you, you have a problem acknowledging facts and there's nothing even remotely intellectually stimulating about your football takes.

Quote:

Ban me if you want to but, know that you are banning what has been lost over time through "mob rule" on this website. Those things are creativity and thinking outside the box.

Still trying to paint yourself as the martyr. Sad really.

Rambozo 01-27-2013 05:22 PM

bitch bitch bitch...

Note that it's the same 5-10 people who follow me around and either bitch about my posts, post a stupid gif, or say one stupid word like "wuh?"

I'm not the thread shitter. The "mob" are the ones who shit on all the threads. You can find it anywhere anytime. Someone gives an opinion they don't like, then it's a boot party.

I have tried so many times to get this thread back on track that it's crazy.

htismaqe 01-27-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9355931)
bitch bitch bitch...

Note that it's the same 5-10 people who follow me around and either bitch about my posts, post a stupid gif, or say one stupid word like "wuh?"

I'm not the thread shitter. The "mob" are the ones who shit on all the threads. You can find it anywhere anytime. Someone gives an opinion they don't like, then it's a boot party.

I have tried so many times to get this thread back on track that it's crazy.

I'm not part of the mob nor are my respones animated GIFs or one word quips.

This thread will only get back on track once you are removed from it.

Setsuna 01-27-2013 06:54 PM

Is Rambozo blackbob? I thought he left the site months ago. Weird.

milkman 01-27-2013 07:01 PM

I'll give Bob this.

I did ask where his numbers ranked.

Though it really wasn't about that, but whether Reid offense tried to put the ball downfield, I will concede that point.

SAUTO 01-27-2013 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9356380)
I'll give Bob this.

I did ask where his numbers ranked.

Though it really wasn't about that, but whether Reid offense tried to put the ball downfield, I will concede that point.

he centered on that because it was all he had.

He knew he had lost at that point. It was all he had left to hang from
Posted via Mobile Device

htismaqe 01-27-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9356570)
he centered on that because it was all he had.

He knew he had lost at that point. It was all he had left to hang from
Posted via Mobile Device

Yep.

Marco Polo 01-28-2013 02:08 PM

During a radio interview, Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage said Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is obviously "not the number one pick in the draft."

Savage then added that the "second round (is) likely" where Wilson will end up. Again, no quarterbacks separated themselves during Senior Bowl week, each showing the positives and negatives that were apparent on tape. Wilson needs to work on his footwork when stepping into throws, which will in turn keep his vertical targets from fluttering.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9358661)
During a radio interview, Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage said Arkansas QB Tyler Wilson is obviously "not the number one pick in the draft."

Savage then added that the "second round (is) likely" where Wilson will end up. Again, no quarterbacks separated themselves during Senior Bowl week, each showing the positives and negatives that were apparent on tape. Wilson needs to work on his footwork when stepping into throws, which will in turn keep his vertical targets from fluttering.

Phil Savage is another 95 Browns lackey, he's not all that different from *****.

That being said, I do agree with the part in bold.

RealSNR 01-28-2013 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marco Polo (Post 9358661)

It'd be great to see a "before" and "after" clip from the work done at IMG Academy. I know Weinke can't do much in just one or two months, only train QBs to hit the ground running as soon as they get drafted by a team. Still, I'll bet Wilson gets a head start on his NFL career more than Glennon and others who didn't take the training opportunity.

BossChief 01-28-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9355459)
Here are Donovan McNabb's ATTEMPTS over 20 yards for every year of his career.

Code:

Year        Team        20
2011        Minnesota Vikings        14

2010        Washington Redskins        41

2009        Philadelphia Eagles        55

2008        Philadelphia Eagles        52

2007        Philadelphia Eagles        35

2006        Philadelphia Eagles        44

2005        Philadelphia Eagles        27

2004        Philadelphia Eagles        50

2003        Philadelphia Eagles        44

2002        Philadelphia Eagles        27

2001        Philadelphia Eagles        44

2000        Philadelphia Eagles        45

1999        Philadelphia Eagles        7

This is wrong.

According to espn, in 2004 (the only year I looked up so far) donovan had 71 pass attempts that traveled AT LEAST 20 YARDS IN THE AIR

Shit, he had 28 attempts that traveled AT LEAST 41 YARDS IN THE AIR that year.

In espn splits, the yardage they give towards the bottom isn't the whole play yardage, rather it only shows how far the ball traveled before being caught.

Very impressive if you ask me.

htismaqe 01-28-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9358695)
This is wrong.

According to espn, in 2004 (the only year I looked up so far) donovan had 71 pass attempts that traveled AT LEAST 20 YARDS IN THE AIR

Shit, he had 28 attempts that traveled AT LEAST 41 YARDS IN THE AIR that year.

In espn splits, the yardage they give towards the bottom isn't the whole play yardage, rather it only shows how far the ball traveled before being caught.

Very impressive if you ask me.

It came directly from NFL.com. It only shows 20+ and 40+ attempts and it doesn't state anywhere that they traveled that far in the air.

Only ESPN splits have the number of attempts broken down by how far they traveled in the air (behind LOS, 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, and 40+) and unfortunately, ESPN only has those splits going back to 2002.