ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Electronics New Apple Tablet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=222464)

Fish 01-20-2012 08:19 PM

One nice thing I've really come to appreciate from my iPad is that I never have to wait for it to start up. Just flip the cover and it's on and connected.

kcxiv 01-20-2012 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 8314381)
Yea, I am the opposite where it is like why pay more money for a laptop when I can have the much better form factor of the iPad. More comfortable to hold and use plus carry around than a laptop.

Well, i would pay a little more, but if im going to drop 500 for something i may as well bite the bullet and get a nice laptop. I only want to drop a few bills for it right now. I am not going to use my tablet for music and what not. i already have an ipod touch for my music. Like i said, i mostly want it just for late night surfing and netflix.

kcxiv 01-20-2012 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaveNull (Post 8314415)
Especially when a cheap laptop is going to come with cheap software that will land you up in the malware thread all the time.

im not getting a cheap laptop, but all the software on there, is easily removed or disabled. Thats not an issue.

I just dont know if its the Kindle of the Nook yet.

DaFace 01-20-2012 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 8314488)
im not getting a cheap laptop, but all the software on there, is easily removed or disabled. Thats not an issue.

I just dont know if its the Kindle of the Nook yet.

If you're not interested in an iPad, you might have better luck in these threads:

Anyone Getting a Kindle Fire?
Nook VS Kindle
The Android Tablet Watch Thread

DaFace 01-20-2012 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Fish (Post 8314469)
One nice thing I've really come to appreciate from my iPad is that I never have to wait for it to start up. Just flip the cover and it's on and connected.

Yup. I timed myself at 5 seconds from power button to CP loaded the other day on my Prime. It's glorious (though I wish I could type better on it without getting the keyboard).

kcxiv 01-20-2012 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8314583)
If you're not interested in an iPad, you might have better luck in these threads:

Anyone Getting a Kindle Fire?
Nook VS Kindle
The Android Tablet Watch Thread

I was to lazy to look plus i was multi tasking at the time.

Deberg_1990 02-10-2012 07:46 AM

Will Apple lower the price on the Ipad 2's once the Ipad3 comes out??

http://www.technewsworld.com/story/74395.html

Aside from hardware improvements expected to be evolutionary at best, pricing could be one of the more interesting revelations coming out of an iPad 3 launch, especially if Apple decides to continue selling the iPad 2, according to NPD Group Analyst Stephen Baker.

"Most analysts expect that Apple will keep the iPad 2 in the market at a lower price," he told MacNewsWorld.

"There's demand at the price points below (US)$500, which is what Apple is selling the iPad for now," he continued. "Apple is nothing if not aggressive to extend their product line when they think the time is right."

If Apple kept the iPad 2 alive and started selling it at a lower price, it would surprise Bajarin. "We have seen no indication of that," he said.

Nevertheless, Apple's success at keeping the iPhone 4 alive while introducing the new 4S may be a temptation to repeat the tactic for the iPad. "It's a marvel to me that Apple's able to sell old products, as it did with the 3GS and 4, and gain market share," Gartner (NYSE: IT) Vice President for Mobile Computing Ken Dulaney told MacNewsWorld

Fish 02-23-2012 03:35 PM

LOL.... the iPad competition is heating up now....

The Action Pad is now available.... from the Asian Steve Jobs angel....

http://i.imgur.com/RoYuh.jpg

|Zach| 03-03-2012 06:50 AM

The first 10 pages of this thread are comedy gold.

Pitt Gorilla 03-03-2012 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8414385)

The fail per page quotient is pretty high.

|Zach| 03-03-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 8414556)
The fail per page quotient is pretty high.

I remember even back them people kept comparing them to e-readers...and I was like wtf why? That isn't the same thing.

NewChief 03-03-2012 12:19 PM

Heh. My predictions of mass adoption in e-venture/education instead of personal usage were off for sure. They've been hugely successful in both.

Deberg_1990 03-03-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zoccer| (Post 8414385)

Heh, congrats to Apple. They basically invented a market that didn't exist. Now no one can live without a tablet it seems.

Pitt Gorilla 03-03-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8414704)
Heh. My predictions of mass adoption in e-venture/education instead of personal usage were off for sure. They've been hugely successful in both.

However, you nailed the education market.

L.A. Chieffan 03-03-2012 03:11 PM

Rumors of 3 are heating up...