ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football how shady or legit is the NFL ? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285497)

CoMoChief 01-07-2015 10:12 AM

So did the league say anything or even issue an apology after that horrible call/non-call?

Not that it would matter...I haven't kept up on the NFL because I've been slammed busy w/ work and have no life right now. What ever came of this decision? I mean it was obvious PI. The flag was thrown. Dez Bryant comes out onto the field without a helmet and starts throwing a fit (another penalty that was never called).

Then the flag was picked up like nothing happened, no statement or anything from the ref crew, and Lions faced 4th down which they did not convert. DAL ends up winning the game on the next drive.

I mean is that ref crew going to be fined? Then I saw some pic of the VP of officiating partying on Jerry Jones' party bus....but I guess it was from earlier in the season..but still I'd be pissed off if I was an owner of another team in the league. THAT is bullshit.

TLO 09-26-2021 02:27 PM

Hey BlackOP... Now is your time.

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09-26-2021 03:00 PM

I had strong suspicions even before that playoff game against the Titans, but when they wiped out that sackfumble with that forward-progress call, suspicions became outright confirmed.

I should have listened to Blackop sooner than I did.

Red Dawg 09-26-2021 03:03 PM

The NFL is not legit. There is a mountain of evidence for that since Roger the dirtbag took over.

Brady is 44 and not one word of suspicion of drugs.

Imon Yourside 09-26-2021 03:03 PM

Timely PI call

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09-26-2021 03:13 PM

I mean Tim Donaghy existed. That's not a conspiracy. He existed.

An NHL referee got fired just this past season because he accidentally had a hot mic and he said to the assistant ref "I know it wasn't much but I wanted to get a penalty on that team ASAP so I'm calling it". They fired him immediately and said he was a rogue actor, but I don't believe that. His mistake was merely in having the mic on.

But the grandaddy of them all, the NFL, that can't be rigged at all. That's what folks will have us believe.

George Liquor 09-26-2021 03:17 PM

The """""goat""""" has made a career out of controversial well timed penalty flags.

NFL officiating is WWE tier

Rausch 09-26-2021 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 15856926)
I mean Tim Donaghy existed. That's not a conspiracy. He existed.

An NHL referee got fired just this past season because he accidentally had a hot mic and he said to the assistant ref "I know it wasn't much but I wanted to get a penalty on that team ASAP so I'm calling it". They fired him immediately and said he was a rogue actor, but I don't believe that. His mistake was merely in having the mic on.

But the grandaddy of them all, the NFL, that can't be rigged at all. That's what folks will have us believe.

Players cheat, coaches cheat, and owners cheat.

But the lowest paid employees on the field don't and have no reason to.

Sure...

Pepe Silvia 09-26-2021 03:24 PM

It’s rigged. But this is the way SBs are really won.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/r5ZHq8xYKI8" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Vladimir_Kyrilytch 09-26-2021 05:01 PM

Why wouldn't the league want a dynasty to develop in cattle land, flyover country? That's why.

Mecca 09-26-2021 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch (Post 15857355)
Why wouldn't the league want a dynasty to develop in cattle land, flyover country? That's why.

They don't...Manning won 1 time in Indy..Brady won a bunch in Boston...

crayzkirk 09-26-2021 05:28 PM

In this day of high definition video and computer AI, I would think it would be easier to simply have games officiated by computers and then simply tell the zebras what to call.

There's simply too much money involved to believe that people aren't being influenced to make certain calls at times in games.