ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

Imon Yourside 11-13-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9115974)
So I held off buying this because of all the server complaints in the beginning...I mean why buy a game if you cant play the goddamn thing anytime you want? I finally decided to make the purchase because surely by now everything would be sorted out right? Wrong...got my copy this morning and havent been able to play all day. What a ****ing joke Blizzard is...

How is that online only BS working out for ya? same as us I guess, I hope Blizzard(never going to happen) Sucks the pipe on this one...Horribly executed.

Bump 11-13-2012 11:50 PM

D3 is THE biggest let down in gaming history

MTG#10 11-14-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9117300)
How is that online only BS working out for ya? same as us I guess, I hope Blizzard(never going to happen) Sucks the pipe on this one...Horribly executed.

The sad part is it was because of their server, my internet was working fine.

Imon Yourside 11-14-2012 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 9119229)
The sad part is it was because of their server, my internet was working fine.

The new Blizzard is merely a small portion of what used to be a great company, total fail now.

jd1020 11-15-2012 12:09 AM

Just seeing the name Diablo III get bumped to the front page makes my eyes bleed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! HORRIBLE GAME! HORRRRRRRRRRIBLE!

hometeam 11-15-2012 01:01 AM

I have 2 gift copys of torchlight 2 on steam maybe I should give them away :P

OmahaChief 11-15-2012 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9120212)
I have 2 gift copys of torchlight 2 on steam maybe I should give them away :P

If you are in need of a home for one of those copies I would gladly accept your generousity. I just can't take any more D3, bored out of my mind with is.

Mr. Laz 12-28-2012 07:11 PM

Diablo 3 Team Deathmatch Plans Dropped
Leave a Comment
Posted Today 6:00 AM - By Adam Rosenberg

StumbleUpon
Email

Blizzard had been planning to add a Team Deathmatch PvP option to Diablo 3 in a coming update, though a new blog post from lead designer Jay Wilson confirms that the mode has been officially shelved. The big issues seem to be the mode's lack of depth and the fact that classes are tuned and balanced for PvE play first.

As Wilson writes, "our core problem is that our Team Deathmatch mode doesn't feel like a great addition to Diablo III. It's not up to the quality that Blizzard gamers expect or that we feel you deserve, and it doesn't really fit with our goals for the rest of the game." The mode has been shelved entirely as a result, and the team is "going back to the drawing board" to work on a TDM "replacement."

That replacement, along with the still-confirmed 1v1 dueling -- coming in patch v1.0.7 "sometime after the new year" -- will be completely free additions to the core game.

jd1020 12-28-2012 11:44 PM

Should plan to drop the whole ****ing game.

KcMizzou 12-29-2012 12:08 AM

The only game that ever disappointed me more was Final Fantasy 13.

Bump 12-29-2012 10:21 AM

huge fail of a game. Activision needs to be boycotted.

Sofa King 12-29-2012 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 9247631)
The only game that ever disappointed me more was Final Fantasy 13.

Diablo 3 taught me a lesson. That lesson is to stay the **** away from Blizzard and other associated companies.

****ing terrible game. Bastards...

Bump 01-17-2013 03:19 PM

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...anchise-behind

Blizzard's Jay Wilson, game director on Diablo III, has announced that he is moving on to other projects within Blizzard.

"I've reached a point creatively where I'm looking forward to working on something new," he said in a forum post. "The powers that be at Blizzard have been gracious enough to give me that opportunity. Over the course of the next several weeks, I will be moving off of the Diablo III project and transitioning elsewhere within Blizzard. This decision was not an easy one for me, and not one I made quickly, but ultimately it's what I feel is right."

Wilson stated that the development of Diablo III would continue as planned, but Blizzard will soon be looking for a new game director. "We're looking forward to finding this person and hearing what kind of fresh ideas they can bring to the table."

He also communicated his thoughts on Diablo III's long development cycle and launch in May of 2012. "I know some of you feel we fell short of our promise to release the game "when it's ready." While we're not perfect, we try to make the best decisions we can with the information and knowledge we have at the time. That doesn't mean we always make the right decisions, but if we made a mistake then I feel we've made an exceptional effort to correct it."

The next major update to Diablo III, patch 1.0.7 is currently in development and will add a PvP dueling system as well as make many other adjustments. Blizzard recently let the community know that its promised full, separate PvP mode is being overhauled and has no current release date.

In late 2012 it was also revealed that Blizzard is working on an expansion pack for Diablo III, though no specifics are yet known.

Sofa King 01-17-2013 03:25 PM

Jay wilson shouldn't be on any staff that has anything whatsoever to do with the gaming industry. That guy is a ****ing fraud.

Bump 01-17-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sofa King (Post 9328783)
Jay wilson shouldn't be on any staff that has anything whatsoever to do with the gaming industry. That guy is a ****ing fraud.

true, I'm a little disappointed he wasn't just fired.