ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

RealSNR 01-16-2013 04:11 PM

I think people are still overrating Bucky Brooks a tad even though he has suddenly mocked Geno to KC because of Andy Reid. Remember, he's been one of those reeruns who consistently projects a LT to Kansas City so Albert can move to guard. He talked about it in 2011 AND 2012.

Former scout or not, he's still nothing more than an NFL-endorsed media whore who does zero research on the ACTUAL needs and practicalities of each team that he researches.

And sorry to say, but that's half of being a draft analyst. You can provide great analysis on players all you want, but if you can't see how they might potentially fit in on particular teams very well, then your job is ****ing worthless in the eyes of football fans.

Three7s 01-16-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9325759)

Another idiot, yay!

aturnis 01-16-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefSuspect (Post 9320622)
No.

That was his incredibly moronic comment. I pointed to three right off the bat who were successful "pro-style/pure passer" black quarterbacks. Wilson and Griffin are also very good passers, though they rely heavily on scrambling. They're certainly no Michael Vick, who was actually a terrible quarterback who happened to have a cannon arm and be able to run.

Thanks for trying, though.

RG3 is no Vick? Better check that again buddy. RG3 ran as much in his rookie season as Vick has in any single season of his career.

BossChief 01-16-2013 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9324935)
But I wish he would stop tweeting. He shouldnt do anything if it doesnt help improve his draft stock at this point. I question the people around him that are letting him tweet at this point. Take that shit away for now.

I doubt the guy bookmarking times when his critics try to point out dirt about him hurts his draft stock in any way.

Kobe Bryant and most other elite athletes do the same thing.

He is bookmarking them as motivation for when he arrives in the NFL.

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 04:39 PM

Truefan post from another board (might be the one that most motivates me to go buy some antifreeze and force-feed it to someone yet):

"I might be tempted to take the Alabama Center, he plays center, guard and tackle. A&M might not be a bad pick either, depends on the center situation. This might be the year to trade down, but not too far down and only for great compensation."

I had forgotten when I got called a moron/racist. Thanks for bumping that, aturnis. Was that really only yesterday?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-16-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9325898)
Truefan post from another board (might be the one that most motivates me to go buy some antifreeze and force-feed it to someone yet):

"I might be tempted to take the Alabama Center, he plays center, guard and tackle. A&M might not be a bad pick either, depends on the center situation. This might be the year to trade down, but not too far down and only for great compensation."

I had forgotten when I got called a moron/racist. Thanks for bumping that, aturnis. Was that really only yesterday?

Holy balls what is wrong with these people?? You sit through a shitfest 2-14 season with the worst QB play of all-time and pine for O-lineman.

Bowser 01-16-2013 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9325898)

These must be the same idiots that call in to local KC sports talk radio shows.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-16-2013 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Turd Burglar (Post 9325929)
These must be the same idiots that call in to local KC sports talk radio shows.

3 positions Turd....THREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorter 01-16-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9325731)
Lion shows good initial burst and explosion. Initiates violent first contact and wraps up to take ballcarrier down. Plus strength for position, and shows the instincts and explosiveness to be effective in space. Needs to become better at shedding blocks in the phone booth.

Glennon's lack of instincts, awareness and feel for situation on display. Minus intangibles. Shows poor burst, and lacks even average speed for position. Has a strong right front appendage, but instincts and lack of athleticism limit his ability to use it to his advantage.

Draft lion with 3rd round pick since SKov isn't available?

I. Think. So!

duncan_idaho 01-16-2013 05:01 PM

My take on the OL-piners? Many football fans are EXTREMELY conservative in their views of the game. This take is reinforced by all the talking heads they see on TV, who are either old coaches, old players, or entrenched media members. The OL piners are guys who are hardcore-enough fans to watch ESPN a lot and listen to talk radio and watch the Chiefs religiously, but they don't like change. They don't like or understand the wealth of knowledge and information available to the average joe because of the wonder that is the internet.

Side note: Can you guys imagine what Akili Smith's stock would have been perceived as by the average fan had he been around in the age of YouTube (When anyone can watch game film and most prospects have "every throw" videos available?).

Anyway, there is NO league where "new and different" is as hated as the NFL. But I would bet that the OL-piners and the BPA-available guys, these average Joe Footballfans, would have some interesting thoughts on other sports, too. The conservatism would seep in.

For example, in baseball, they would be extremely anti-SABRE. In the NBA, they'd hate the illegal defense, so on and so forth.

htismaqe 01-16-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9325759)

Bucky Brooks latest mock draft, posted yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/155114

Bowser 01-16-2013 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9326024)
Bucky Brooks latest mock draft, posted yesterday:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/mock-d...-brooks/155114

How nice would it be if we could snag Geno top overall, then take Zach Ertz/Tayvon Austin at the top of the second?

Molitoth 01-16-2013 06:16 PM

Quote:

There isn't a QB in this class worthy of a top 10 pick, plain and simple. Frankly, this is the worst class in years. I'd much rather see us take Joeckel first overall, resign Albert and kick him back inside where he belongs, and find a QB in either free agency or through a trade. Alex Smith would be a great pick up if we could get him. He's a proven QB in the West Coast system that Reid likes to run. Plus, we need to improve on both sides of the trenches. Joeckel is a great way to do that. As the old saying goes, "You can never have too many good offensive lineman"

Oh god please purge of these idiots, I beg of thee!

RealSNR 01-16-2013 06:26 PM

****. Why couldn't have Joeckel been the asshole with the fake dead girlfriend?

Pasta Little Brioni 01-16-2013 06:29 PM

The O-line is fine....****. Team ran at will on pretty much everybody when they knew it was coming. The only damn reason people say it isn't is the sacks and that's on the ****ING SHITSTAIN QB's

htismaqe 01-16-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molitoth (Post 9326276)
Oh god please purge of these idiots, I beg of thee!

You can never have enough offensive linemen!

2 hall of famers, 2 perennial all-pros, and a 1st round pick at RT.

ZERO playoff wins.

Sounds like a great plan!

milkman 01-16-2013 06:35 PM

Thanks for ****ing up the page, PGM.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-16-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9326351)
Thanks for ****ing up the page, PGM.

Edited. Sorry, the prophecies of the True Fan Nostradumbasses get to me sometimes.

milkman 01-16-2013 06:45 PM

The thing that people just can't seem to wrap their minds around when talking about drafting Joekel is that one or two things are happening if you do that.

You are either replacing a top 10 LT that walks in free agency, and thus not upgrading any position, or you are moving that top 10 LT to guard (after paying him LT money), thus using the #1 overall to upgrade the guard position.

Either scenario is an absolute waste of the pick.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-16-2013 07:00 PM

Geno is a fake prospect anyway.

OnTheWarpath15 01-16-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9326387)
The thing that people just can't seem to wrap their minds around when talking about drafting Joekel is that one or two things are happening if you do that.

You are either replacing a top 10 LT that walks in free agency, and thus not upgrading any position, or you are moving that top 10 LT to guard (after paying him LT money), thus using the #1 overall to upgrade the guard position.

I'm curious as to why people even think (starting) OL is a position of need?

Albert gave up ONE sack all year.

We had a 1500 + yard rusher.

We LOST a game in which we ran for 350 yards.

Helen Keller can see what the ****ing problem is, and it's NOT the OL.

Coogs 01-16-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 9326445)
I'm curious as to why people even think (starting) OL is a position of need?

Albert gave up ONE sack all year.

We had a 1500 + yard rusher.

We LOST a game in which we ran for 350 yards.

Helen Keller can see what the ****ing problem is, and it's NOT the OL.

Allen, Hudson, Asamoah, and Stephenson all have experience... and are young. And there is Winston too. O-line ain't the problem here. Hell, it might be our best overall position.

Gadzooks 01-16-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9326387)

With the rookie cap in place there's no better time to draft an elite LT.
It's pennies on the dollar.
Drafting a dud at QB could set the franchise back for another 17 years.

milkman 01-16-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9326486)

I guess Phiilip Rivers will have that affect on a fan's perception.

Gadzooks 01-16-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9326492)
I guess Phiilip Rivers will have that affect on a fan's perception.

AFC Championship appearance baby.:)
BTW - I highly doubt Reid goes QB in the 1st. He's a bear and he loves other bears... Geno will go to Arizona.

O.city 01-16-2013 07:21 PM

Chargers fans are afraid we're taking Geno.

RealSNR 01-16-2013 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadzooks (Post 9326486)

No trolling allowed

AussieChiefsFan 01-16-2013 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9323576)
holy shit

Brandt just said "I'm a Cassel guy!"

he thinks we should keep Cassel and play him

this guy is a ****ing straight up reerun

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9323599)
Matt Cassel lead the league in turnovers, even though he only played half a year...but we should pass on a quarterback with the top pick in the draft to replace a top 5 left tackle with a guy from a 1 read spread and keep Cassel as the starter. /drooling reerun

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 9324762)
ESPN's Mel Kiper stated on SportsCenter Wednesday that he does not anticipate West Virginia QB Geno Smith being a top-ten pick in April's draft.
Kiper doesn't even have Smith as this year's top-rated quarterback, ranking him behind NC State's Mike Glennon and USC's Matt Barkley. "My contacts in the NFL tell me that Geno Smith's not that consensus top-ten guy," Kiper said. "(And) obviously, Glennon and Barkley aren't." Kiper did say Syracuse's Ryan Nassib has "moved up a lot," potentially into the back end of the first round if a team is willing to trade up for him. Kiper has Glennon first, Barkley second, Smith third, Arkansas' Tyler Wilson fourth, and Nassib fifth in his quarterback rankings. Jan 16 - 1:57 PM

Evan Silva‏ @ evansilva Mel Kiper's top-5 quarterbacks for the 2013 NFL Draft: 1) Mike Glennon 2) Matt Barkley 3) Geno Smith 4) Tyler Wilson 5) Ryan Nassib.

:facepalm:

hometeam 01-16-2013 08:28 PM

Talking about Geno to buddy tonight. He is convinced KC will take Jokel and Geno isn't worth #1, and finally just a pulled a 'prove it he isn't worth it' on him, and his answer was that 'pro scouts' didn't think he was a #1 and that's who he listens too. Yes, he has seen every shred of video, statistical evidence (the accuracy chart, all his game tape, all the highlight vids, the stat comparisons, EVERYTHING) and still won't admit it.

I told him it was because he was scared that we would end up with Geno while Rivers (hes a traitorous chargers fan) slowly withers and dies.

kcxiv 01-16-2013 08:30 PM

im almost convinced we arent taking Geno. I want them too, but something tells me, its not gonna happen :( if he really goes by his BPA and they have someone rated better, the chiefs are screwed maybe.

NJChiefsFan 01-16-2013 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 9326698)
Talking about Geno to buddy tonight. He is convinced KC will take Jokel and Geno isn't worth #1, and finally just a pulled a 'prove it he isn't worth it' on him, and his answer was that 'pro scouts' didn't think he was a #1 and that's who he listens too. Yes, he has seen every shred of video, statistical evidence (the accuracy chart, all his game tape, all the highlight vids, the stat comparisons, EVERYTHING) and still won't admit it.

I told him it was because he was scared that we would end up with Geno while Rivers (hes a traitorous chargers fan) slowly withers and dies.

This should have been the first sentence so I could have saved some time.

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9326702)
im almost convinced we arent taking Geno. I want them too, but something tells me, its not gonna happen :( if he really goes by his BPA and they have someone rated better, the chiefs are screwed maybe.

i'm pretty sure we aren't drafting a QB in the first round...

Chiefs have never done the right thing, and their fans have never wanted them to...I won't believe they are capable of it until they actually do it

Chiefs Pantalones 01-16-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9326779)
i'm pretty sure we aren't drafting a QB in the first round...

Chiefs have never done the right thing, and their fans have never wanted them to...I won't believe they are capable of it until they actually do it

If we don't pick one #1 overall, there won't be any left that later on.

Gadzooks 01-16-2013 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9326667)
No trolling allowed

I've resisted trolling this thread for almost 4 months. I deserve some credit.
http://i50.tinypic.com/dqrifd.png

Rambozo 01-16-2013 09:36 PM

I don't think we'll take him at #1. We might trade back and take him but, I think it's going to be a linemen if we stay at #1. Dorsey was very adament about taking the best player available no matter the position and Geno just isn't the best player in this class. I like him but, there are several better players. I think it would have been more likely for ***** to take him than Dorsey. The new regime isn't backed into a corner and both Dorsey and Reid have talked about a 3 year time table.

Tribal Warfare 01-16-2013 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 9326702)

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...postcount=9576

RealSNR 01-16-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9326922)
I don't think we'll take him at #1. We might trade back and take him but, I think it's going to be a linemen if we stay at #1. Dorsey was very adament about taking the best player available no matter the position and Geno just isn't the best player in this class. I like him but, there are several better players. I think it would have been more likely for ***** to take him than Dorsey. The new regime isn't backed into a corner and both Dorsey and Reid have talked about a 3 year time table.

1. Please learn what BPA means and understand its many definitions and possibilities before superimposing Dorsey's vague draft plan onto our QB situation next year

2. You realize that regardless of "several better players" that QBs are exponentially more valuable than those guys are? And yes, that goes for pass rushers and LTs, too, especially when we already have plenty of good ones on the team

3. Geno is going to be gone if we trade back. If we trade back we're missing out on the best QB in the draft most likely, unless someone like Wilson leaps him during workouts/interviews. And I highly doubt that at this point.

keg in kc 01-16-2013 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9326779)
I won't believe they are capable of it until they actually do it

That's my philosophy. I want them to select Smith (or Wilson). But I don't believe they will. It would be the antithesis of everything they've done for basically the entire existence of the franchise.

I figure I might as well expect the worst. That way I can manage my reaction when they do it. Sucks to have to think that way, but you kind of have to with the Chiefs, and decade after decade of them drafting every position except the most important one. At least this way if I'm surprised it'll be pleasantly. Unless there's another Tyson Jackson on the board.

It'll probably be Joeckel.

Rambozo 01-16-2013 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9326957)
1. Please learn what BPA means and understand its many definitions and possibilities before superimposing Dorsey's vague draft plan onto our QB situation next year

2. You realize that regardless of "several better players" that QBs are exponentially more valuable than those guys are? And yes, that goes for pass rushers and LTs, too, especially when we already have plenty of good ones on the team

3. Geno is going to be gone if we trade back. If we trade back we're missing out on the best QB in the draft most likely, unless someone like Wilson leaps him during workouts/interviews. And I highly doubt that at this point.

I hear you man and I know where you are coming from but, I think Dorsey defined what BPA means to him pretty well in the interview with Mitch Holthus. I agree that QBs definately get pushed up draft boards and I think Geno will too. Obviously it's the most important position.

It's not that I wouldn't take a QB #1, it's that I don't think Reid and Dorsey will. I don't think they feel the desperation that we do and there are better players than Geno.

kcxiv 01-16-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 9326924)

still not sure. This franchise has broken me. They continue to do the wrong thing over and over and over again. Sometimes you just get them franchises that suck and are stuck in the mud and never will go anywhere. I Feel thats where this team will always be. I've been broken as a fan. lol

the Talking Can 01-16-2013 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9326982)
That's my philosophy. I want them to select Smith (or Wilson). But I don't believe they will. It would be the antithesis of everything they've done for basically the entire existence of the franchise.

I figure I might as well expect the worst. That way I can manage my reaction when they do it. Sucks to have to think that way, but you kind of have to with the Chiefs, and decade after decade of them drafting every position except the most important one. At least this way if I'm surprised it'll be pleasantly. Unless there's another Tyson Jackson on the board.

the perversity of drafting joeckel is mind destroying...

O.city 01-16-2013 10:17 PM

If Alberts back is bad and they decide to not take him, drafting Joeckel I guess makes sense.

That said, if his back checks out, IMO, you just re sign him and keep developing him. I don't really think he's topped out yet and he's still young.

I'm curious to see what Kiper will do, mock wise, if we re sign Albert and Bowe in free agency.

milkman 01-16-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9326995)
I hear you man and I know where you are coming from but, I think Dorsey defined what BPA means to him pretty well in the interview with Mitch Holthus. I agree that QBs definately get pushed up draft boards and I think Geno will too. Obviously it's the most important position.

It's not that I wouldn't take a QB #1, it's that I don't think Reid and Dorsey will. I don't think they feel the desperation that we do and there are better players than Geno.

The Packers are the luckiest draft team ever.

Last year's draft just lined perfectly for them.

They needed a lot of players to fix their defense, and the BPA in every round just happened to be defensive players.

Dorsey and Reid are selling a bill of goods, and everyone is just buying it.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327026)
If Alberts back is bad and they decide to not take him, drafting Joeckel I guess makes sense.

That said, if his back checks out, IMO, you just re sign him and keep developing him. I don't really think he's topped out yet and he's still young.

I'm curious to see what Kiper will do, mock wise, if we re sign Albert and Bowe in free agency.

So, drafting Allen and Stephenson last year in the second and third rounds respectively, isn't enough?

Two of the better left tackles in college football drafted high isn't enough?

And they both now have NFL experience at the LT position?

And drafting another LT one year later makes sense?

Shit O...

I thought better of you.

RealSNR 01-16-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9327045)

They needed a lot of players to fix their defense, and the BPA in every round just happened to be defensive players.

Thank.

You.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327217)
So, drafting Allen and Stephenson last year in the third and second round respectively, isn't enough?

Shit O...

I thought better of you.

Man, I'm just trying to wrap my head around all this. I'm all up for Geno, thought it would be a for sure thing by now.

I dunno waht to think.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:12 PM

Quote:

I think we can agree that BPA is a little more complicated that the best player at any position available.

O.city 01-16-2013 11:17 PM

Frankly, I don't see why this is really a discussion. If we want to go based on history and how guys draft, the only time Reid was in a situation like this, he drafted a QB.

So there we go. Done.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327242)
Frankly, I don't see why this is really a discussion. If we want to go based on history and how guys draft, the only time Reid was in a situation like this, he drafted a QB.

So there we go. Done.

Bingo.

And the guy he drafted didn't have the intangibles that Geno does.

Like this shit needs to be worked and over-worked.

It is a done deal.

Thank the maker(s).

O.city 01-16-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327248)
Bingo.

And the guy he drafted didn't have the intangibles that Geno does.

Like this shit needs to be worked and over-worked.

It is a done deal.

Thank the maker(s).

I don't like that Clark is coming out saying what he's saying about QB's at this point.

But I hope you are right.

Saccopoo 01-16-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327254)
I don't like that Clark is coming out saying what he's saying about QB's at this point.

Like I give a shit what Clark says. The guy hired Peeholi. Endorsed Crennel as head coach. Gave a thumbs up for Daboll to run the worst offense the NFL has seen in 80 years - literally.

Reid and Dorsey have drafted very good QB's when they needed to and when they had them sitting there for the taking.

This shit is a done deal.

Sorter 01-17-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9327217)
So, drafting Allen and Stephenson last year in the second and third rounds respectively, isn't enough?

Shit O...

I thought better of you.

I think he was just trying to justify us somehow taking Joekel. I know OCity wants Geno.

NJChiefsFan 01-17-2013 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9326922)

Are you sure he said those actual words, and not just BPA no matter what? There is a big difference between BPA and BPA no matter the positions. I also disagree that ***** would be more likely to pick Geno.

Also, as far as the timetable goes, that time doesn't start until you get an actual QB. You don't build the team and then drop the QB in. At least, that's a difficult way to do it. They aren't going to just wait around on that position. Dorsey also was very honest about a good team needing a very good QB.

Quote:

Do you think they are just feeding us lines, or just not explaining that BPA allows, even demands, need as a factor?

Sorter 01-17-2013 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9327428)
Are you sure he said those actual words, and not just BPA no matter what? There is a big difference between BPA and BPA no matter the positions. I also disagree that ***** would be more likely to pick Geno.

Also, as far as the timetable goes, that time doesn't start until you get an actual QB. You don't build the team and then drop the QB in. At least, that's a difficult way to do it. They aren't going to just wait around on that position. Dorsey also was very honest about a good team needing a very good QB.

Do you think they are just feeding us lines, or just not explaining that BPA allows, even demands, need as a factor?

Both.

I don't think this is meant to be as a slight to fans but more as a smokescreen.

WildTurkey 01-17-2013 12:57 AM

Quote:

I'd buy the luck opinion if they weren't so consistent. Year in and year out they continue to add good players. Besides adding guys like Rodgers and Matthews look at what they've done after the 1st round

2011:Randall Cobb 2nd/64th 2010: Mike Neal 2nd/56th, Morgan Burnett 3rd/71, Andrew Quarless 5th/154th, Marshall Newhouse 5th/169th, James Starks 6th/193rd C.J. Wilson 7th/230 2009: T.J. Lang 4th/109th, Jarius Wynn 6th/182nd 2008: Jorday Nelson 2nd/36th, Patrick Lee 2nd/60th, Jermichael Finley 3rd/91st, Josh Sitton 4th/135 2007: Desmond Biship 6th/193rd James Jones 3rd/78th Mason Crosby 6th/194th 2006: Greg Jennings 2nd/52nd.

Lots of good picks in that group especially the WR corps :drool:

NJChiefsFan 01-17-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 9327442)
Both.

I don't think this is meant to be as a slight to fans but more as a smokescreen.

I agree. And smokescreen is a better word than what I used. This leads into Eagle fans saying that's the worst thing about Andy. That he feeds you lines and then a week later makes a move that contradicts what he said. In the end I don't care about the press conferences. They can say as little or as much as they want. All I care about are results.

Quote:

Originally Posted by WildTurkey (Post 9327474)
I'd buy the luck opinion if they weren't so consistent.

I think you misunderstood what Milkman was saying. He was just using luck as a joke to make the point that the Packers drafted 5 straight defensive players last year, and that it shows an eye on need.

htismaqe 01-17-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327254)

Again...

Clark also came out and said in so many words "I'm just a fan, what do I know? I pay Dorsey and Reid to make these decisions."

You're making a mountain out of a molehill.

htismaqe 01-17-2013 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 9326982)

Kind of where I'm at.

HotCarl 01-17-2013 07:25 AM

I think they will take Smith, that is how Reid started in Philly and it's clearly our biggest position of need.

I don't think Geno Smith is worth a #1 pick in general, but I am in favor of staying there and taking him anyway. He is probably the best QB in this draft and if we move down, we'll get stuck with the third or fourth choice. Jacksonville is likely to take a QB or trade with somebody who will since their GM ruled out Tebow. We might be overpaying in terms of a few draft slots, but at least we will have our guy.

Rambozo 01-17-2013 07:27 AM

Quote:

I definately agree that luck plays a part. Hopefully, KC is due for some luck. It has been a while. It could be a smoke screen for sure but, I personally don't think it was. He was pretty specific and sincere in the interview imo.

Rambozo 01-17-2013 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9327428)

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9327225)
I think we can agree that BPA is a little more complicated that the best player at any position available.

I agree with most of this. Another thing I would point out is that BPA means something different at different stages in the draft. There is a point at which the value of positions changes.

BossChief 01-17-2013 09:58 AM

Geno Smith is good at playing football.

Rambozo 01-17-2013 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9327912)
Geno Smith is good at playing football.

Yeah but, isn't every player who is drafted? :)

DJ's left nut 01-17-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9327961)
Yeah but, isn't every player who is drafted? :)

Son, take a seat on my knee here and let me tell you a story about a man named Trezelle Jenkins...

Rambozo 01-17-2013 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9327965)
Son, take a seat on my knee here and let me tell you a story about a man named Trezelle Jenkins...

ROFL That was a long time ago. I almost forgot about that guy. LOL

You kind of make my point. The guy was good in college and that's why he was drafted in the first round.

DJ's left nut 01-17-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9327980)
ROFL That was a long time ago. I almost forgot about that guy. LOL

You kind of make my point. The guy was good in college and that's why he was drafted in the first round.

See, that's where you're wrong.

Trezelle Jenkins wasn't even good in college. He was pretty terrible, in fact.

He looked the part of a LT and that's it. He wasn't actually worth a damn at playing football even at Michigan.

Rambozo 01-17-2013 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9327983)
See, that's where you're wrong.

Trezelle Jenkins wasn't even good in college. He was pretty terrible, in fact.

He looked the part of a LT and that's it. He wasn't actually worth a damn at playing football even at Michigan.

I hear you but he did play in 28 games at Michigan. There was a lot of tape. He wasn't bad at Michigan imo.

DJ's left nut 01-17-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9327989)
I hear you but he did play in 28 games at Michigan. There was a lot of tape. He wasn't bad at Michigan imo.

He was just bigger than everyone.

His technique was terrible, his focus was intermittent at best. He was a guy that just stood around being gigantic.

I guess that makes him moderately effective at the collegiate level, but IIRC, draft guides had him as something along the lines of a 5th round pick (some higher, some even as a 7th rounder). His Michigan pedigree alone would've had him in the 5th round.

If that kid would've played at Middle Tennessee State, he'd have never gone anywhere. He wasn't a good football player, just a gigantic human being.

Rambozo 01-17-2013 10:50 AM

Ok, fair enough, 99.9% of the players that are drafted are "good" in college.

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-17-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9327017)
the perversity of drafting joeckel is mind destroying...

This. It would be a truly mind-****ing, T-Jack moment all over again.

BossChief 01-17-2013 02:33 PM

Drafting Star would be another 5-tech at the top of the draft
Drafting Joeckel minorly upgrades guard or LT, and not by a wide enough margin to be worthy of the top pick...I'd WOULD be fine if they use a 2 or 3 on the line though.
Drafting a wideout is pointless because we don't have a qb.
Drafting jones is dumb because his neck has a degenerative disease that will only get worse.

The ONLY pick that makes sense is Geno Smith and these reasons are why he will be the BPA.

HolyHat 01-17-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9328607)
Drafting jones is dumb because his neck has a degenerative disease that will only get worse.

The ONLY pick that makes sense is Geno Smith and these reasons are why he will be the BPA.

Is it Jones' neck or back that ****ed up?

Rambozo 01-17-2013 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9328607)
Drafting Star would be another 5-tech at the top of the draft
Drafting Joeckel minorly upgrades guard or LT, and not by a wide enough margin to be worthy of the top pick...I'd WOULD be fine if they use a 2 or 3 on the line though.
Drafting a wideout is pointless because we don't have a qb.

Everything you are saying MIGHT be true. What if we tag and trade Albert to someone like St. Louis for their two firsts? It's unlikely but they need a LT bad and there won't be one at #16 or #22. Also, Albert definately isn't going to want to play guard in a contract year. I could see him not signing the tag unless they promised he would play LT. What happens with Albert will be very telling of what we do with the #1 pick.

We could draft Star. Andy loves to draft linemen and we need two of them.

We won't take a WR and I agree with your summary there.

Who knows what Jone's physical will be like? I doubt we draft him anyway since we are staying in the 3-4 but, I wouldn't rule it out.

I like Geno but, he's not as good of a prospect as the other guys imo. He might not even be the best QB prospect. I could see a dark horse like Wilson coming from no where like Tannehill did last year...

No offense but, it's not as easy as you make it to be.

Imon Yourside 01-17-2013 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rambozo (Post 9328854)
Everything you are saying MIGHT be true. What if we tag and trade Albert to someone like St. Louis for their two firsts? It's unlikely but they need a LT bad and there won't be one at #16 or #22. Also, Albert definately isn't going to want to play guard in a contract year. I could see him not signing the tag unless they promised he would play LT. What happens with Albert will be very telling of what we do with the #1 pick.

Who knows what Jone's physical will be like? I doubt we draft him anyway since we are staying in the 3-4 but, I wouldn't rule it out.

I like Geno but, he's not as good of a prospect as the other guys imo. He might not even be the best QB prospect. I could see a dark horse like Wilson coming from no where like Tannehill did last year...

Tannehill? I wouldn't want him, we can do better and Geno certainly looks better.

Sorter 01-17-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KCsporting (Post 9328611)
Is it Jones' neck or back that ****ed up?

neck

Pasta Little Brioni 01-17-2013 05:20 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Resign Bowe, Albert, and draft Geno. It really is that simple.

BossChief 01-17-2013 05:26 PM

Starlite Loteui (sp) isn't a quality pass rusher as a defensive linemen.He is a beast against the run. If we want a high end run defender that isn't a good pass rusher, they overpay to keep Dorsey. It's as simple as that.

Dorsey was a MUCH better prospect coming out and has been developed as a 3-4 end by some of the best in the business.

What I'm trying to make clear as day is that there is NOBODY we can draft that gives us the value that any of the top quarterbacks give us. My preference is Geno Smith because I see him as the total package.

Plus arm
Elite accuracy (to every level of the defense)
Elite vision
Elite work ethic
Plus pocket presence
Plus experience
Played better against ranked teams
His qb rating went up each quarter
His stats improved every year
He has played in a pristine offense and air raid

I am baffled as to why the guy isn't getting a shiton more hype.

RealSNR 01-17-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9329052)
ROFL

I think Chiefs fans are so beaten and weathered from years of True Fan bullshit exercised by the dumbasses in charge, that they assume the only way to win a Super Bowl is to pull off some incredible rape trade that involves offensive linemen somehow. It's like they think getting a guy at "value" is like Risk and the NFL awards us two extra wins at the beginning of every season.

I mean, surely it can't be as simple as, "Got the #1 overall pick? Got a QB? No? Then take a QB. Boom. You're done."

warpaint* 01-17-2013 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9329052)
ROFL

I don't see him (GS) as a sure thing at all but this is as good a plan as could be executed this offseason and I would feel very good about it.

htismaqe 01-17-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Wilson? Dark horse? He's the consensus #2/3 QB in the draft already. A dark horse would be Ryan Nassib or Zac Dysert.