ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Movies (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245)

Simply Red 11-11-2013 06:30 PM

Out of the Furnace WOULD look good - but why oh why would they select Woody Harrelson as a 'tough guy' ...? -- He's a shit actor, It's the difference of me GOING to the theater to see this - or waiting and paying one dollar to rent it.

Awful.

frankotank 11-12-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 10178893)
Did you watch the original version or the director's cut? Not that it improves the acting that much, but it certainly provides a better idea of what Coppola was trying to do. It has alot of scenes the studio cut out for fear of homophobic reactions even though they are clearly about brotherly love. He was really playing with what a young adult story/movie can address but the studio just wasn't on board, and while all the actors end up with considerable career success, they were cast to sell Tiger Beat magazines, and they shot the whole thing in no time at all so not much rehearsal time. I think there is still some success in bringing a unique perspective to film (and literature with the original novel.) It is a teenage girls perspective of bad boys so it is ultra-romanticized and prone to being overwrought, but it has a genuine appreciation of the struggles boys face growing up.

no it wasn't the directors cut. it wasn't even from a movie channel...it had commercials and whatnot. this is interesting for a few reasons.
1 - I'm well aware that more times than not, the directors cut is better. (see Alien 3! this bitch barely even makes sense in the theatrical version)
2 - several times I thought Ralph Machio came across as kinda gay

I won't go out of my way to go after it.....but if the opportunity presents, I'd watch the directors cut just for kicks.

blaise 11-12-2013 10:29 AM

Mud was really good.

Pepe Silvia 11-14-2013 10:45 PM

I watched The Paperboy for the first time, very good movie.

PunkinDrublic 11-15-2013 05:34 PM

12 years a slave was excellent. There are several scenes that are hard to watch. The usher at the theater said several people walked out.

nstygma 11-16-2013 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10188573)
I watched The Paperboy for the first time, very good movie.

wasn't at all what you thought it would be, huh?

Ceej 11-16-2013 12:43 PM

Grown Ups 2 was terrible.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10191652)
Grown Ups 2 was terrible.

You needed to watch it to determine that? C'mon man!!

Hammock Parties 11-16-2013 12:53 PM

I feel kinda bad for spending money to see Ender's Game. I wish I had gone to Thor 2.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 12:54 PM

My wife picked up a Kristen Wiig movie from Redbox last night called Girl Most Likely. It was pretty flat, even beyond the normal indie understatement.

In trying to sleep last night I watched Lifeguard on Netflix. Kristen Bell plays a 29-year old suffering through a crisis of meaning in her life who moves home and becomes a lifeguard. It's decent enough, and if you want to see almost all of Kristen Bell, save for nipples and her honey pot, it's got that going for it. A gender-reversed Lolita relationship and some other sexual libertinism adds a little bit of titillation. Not great, but not terrible.

Ceej 11-16-2013 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191664)
You needed to watch it to determine that? C'mon man!!

I thought the first one was mildly entertaining.

This one, and introducing their kids was just dumb.

Hopefully Superman and RIPD are better or my fiancée might kill me.

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 12:59 PM

The only Kevin James movie I would ever watch is a snuff film.

Pepe Silvia 11-16-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nstygma (Post 10191105)
wasn't at all what you thought it would be, huh?

Not at all. Awesome cast though, so I had hope going in.

Baby Lee 11-16-2013 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191674)
My wife picked up a Kristen Wiig movie from Redbox last night called Girl Most Likely. It was pretty flat, even beyond the normal indie understatement.

In trying to sleep last night I watched Lifeguard on Netflix. Kristen Bell plays a 29-year old suffering through a crisis of meaning in her life who moves home and becomes a lifeguard. It's decent enough, and if you want to see almost all of Kristen Bell, save for nipples and her honey pot, it's got that going for it. A gender-reversed Lolita relationship and some other sexual libertinism adds a little bit of titillation. Not great, but not terrible.

Nipples Honeypot, isn't that Tony Stark's assistant?

'Hamas' Jenkins 11-16-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10191694)
Nipples Honeypot, isn't that Tony Stark's assistant?

That one's going to go :huh: because I've never seen Iron Man. I don't know if you're referring to Gwyneth, Scarlett, or someone else.

Nevertheless, if you want to see Bell getting nailed bareass on a public bathroom sink, the above recommendation stands.

ThaVirus 11-16-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191686)

How about Hitch?

Easy 6 11-16-2013 04:21 PM

Caught some new releases lately...

Pacific Rim - wow, THIS is what all monster movies should be like, i'm truly perplexed why this thing wasn't a record breaking smash, the effects, the monsters and robots, all of it... an absolute feast for the eyes.

Some of it was a bit kiddied up, too simplified, the tiny group of scientists and how they interacted with one another was cornball... but overall, this was a true visual feast, worth every penny and more that i spent, i'll eventually buy this for my collection.

Man of Steel - mixed review... TONS of sharp looking action, they didn't skimp on showing plenty of Supes mixing it up in epic battles, the waste they lay on earth is incredible, just tearing shit up left and right.

Cavill is rock solid, far better than Routh, he'll be even better in the sequel i'm sure.

Crowe had a much meatier role than i expected and did his noble best.

I love the themes they explore about aliens on earth, good ones against bad ones of their own kind, for those who've studied the actual alien presence on earth it hits right home, that theme is very strong in the lore and i have no doubt Nolan and Snyder tapped that vein.

But without going into every detail, i didn't like they way they tried to "Tarantino-up" the timeline and various things about how Zod and his crew came to be such bad people, among other things... but still, worth every penny i spent.

Fairplay 11-16-2013 04:23 PM

Watching The Purge later I heard it was good anyone else seen it yet?

Ceej 11-16-2013 04:23 PM

RIPD sucked too.

I'm currently 0-2. :sulk:

BigMeatballDave 11-16-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10192131)

I wouldn't say it's Good. It was, however, better than I expected.

Easy 6 11-16-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 10192131)

I've been meaning to pick that one up, but i just keep getting the sense that its a bit of a stinker.

Ethan Hawke has a had a strange career, he veers from big hits like Training Day to turds like Assault on Precinct 9 or whatever it was, like no other modern actor i can think of.

stevieray 11-16-2013 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10192346)
I've been meaning to pick that one up, but i just keep getting the sense that its a bit of a stinker.

Ethan Hawke has a had a strange career, he veers from big hits like Training Day to turds like Assault on Precinct 9 or whatever it was, like no other modern actor i can think of.

how do you lose Uma Thurman?

:doh!:

Easy 6 11-16-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 10192370)
how do you lose Uma Thurman?

:doh!:

Hollywood relationships, as changeable as a pair of socks.

Pepe Silvia 11-16-2013 06:43 PM

Quote:

ROFL

Easy 6 11-16-2013 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PackerinMo (Post 10192526)
ROFL

I usually agree with that, but Here Comes The Boom was actually funny and heartwarming.

Pepe Silvia 11-16-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10192531)
I usually agree with that, but Here Comes The Boom was actually funny and heartwarming.

I actually don't mind Kevin james, still found it funny.

Fire Me Boy! 11-16-2013 07:38 PM

Just got home from 12 Years a Slave. Holy balls, was that good. Oscars will be a plenty. Very difficult to watch.

Bowser 11-16-2013 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10192132)
RIPD sucked too.

My turn to scream COME ON MAN at you. That thing looked as good as watching placenta harden on a hospital floor.

Ryan Reynolds pisses me off. He seemingly is this >< close to making a damned good movie (SEE: Smokin Aces, Safe House), but then ends up in these shitpot movies. Young, good looking dude, funny, banged ScarJo for a good amount of time when she still had ALL of her magnificent girlie parts.....and he just kind of hovers in Hollywood around these movies that are anywhere from kinda good to awful. Waiting for that flick that sends him to the next level of Hollywood actor.....

Baby Lee 11-16-2013 09:31 PM

Quote:

Haven't seen any KJ movies, but KoQ was decent and his standup special actually had me laughing pretty hard.

ThaVirus 11-16-2013 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10192649)
My turn to scream COME ON MAN at you. That thing looked as good as watching placenta harden on a hospital floor.

Ryan Reynolds pisses me off. He seemingly is this >< close to making a damned good movie (SEE: Smokin Aces, Safe House), but then ends up in these shitpot movies. Young, good looking dude, funny, banged ScarJo for a good amount of time when she still had ALL of her magnificent girlie parts.....and he just kind of hovers in Hollywood around these movies that are anywhere from kinda good to awful. Waiting for that flick that sends him to the next level of Hollywood actor.....

Ryan Reynolds is one of my favorite actors but I can see where you're coming from.

He's mostly a comedy guy so I don't fault him for taking parts in these light-hearted, shit flicks. He's shown that he has some good range when it's time to get serious (Safe House, Amityville Horror, Smokin' Aces).

KCUnited 11-17-2013 12:47 PM

I watched Killing Them Softly last night. The camera work and Gandolfini's performance were both fantastic but not enough to overcome a severely tired storyline.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-18-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10192132)
RIPD sucked too.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/

Dayze 11-18-2013 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10192604)
Just got home from 12 Years a Slave. Holy balls, was that good. Oscars will be a plenty. Very difficult to watch.

I've heard this from several of my friends. Honestly, I'm not even sure what it's about, but it's getting major props by everyone I know.

ThaVirus 11-18-2013 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10201732)
I've heard this from several of my friends. Honestly, I'm not even sure what it's about, but it's getting major props by everyone I know.

I think its a superhero flick.

Dayze 11-18-2013 11:45 AM

cool. I love action flicks.

Fire Me Boy! 11-18-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10201732)

It's based on a true story, about a free black man in New York who gets kidnapped and sold into slavery.

Baby Lee 11-18-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10201820)
It's based on a true story, about a free black man in New York who gets kidnapped and sold into slavery.

And his father has a particular set of skills. Skills he has acquired over a very long career.

Dayze 11-18-2013 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10201820)

:eek:

Fire Me Boy! 11-18-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10201879)
:eek:

He ended up writing the book on which the movie is based. There will be Oscars.

You can run and tell that. Homeboy.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view4/109...e-dodson-o.gif

Nzoner 11-18-2013 12:27 PM

Watched The Place Beyond The Pines this weekend,two thumbs way up

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/G07pSbHLXgg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dayze 11-18-2013 12:46 PM

that's one I want to see for sure.

Pepe Silvia 11-18-2013 06:54 PM

You have to admit it, Ryan Gosling can act.

Fairplay 11-19-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10192346)

I liked The Purge a lot, good storyline better then your average horror flick IMO.

DMAC 11-19-2013 01:56 PM

The Kings of Summer was pretty entertaining, though strange at times.

Seemed like very witty indie flick, then suddenly snap your fingers and we are an American Pie knock off, then snap back to witty indie.

And, of course, Ron Swanson was very funny.

Lzen 11-19-2013 03:04 PM

Going to see The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire on Friday. Can't wait.

And I can't wait until December to see The second Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug.

Last Friday, we saw Elysium. It wasn't bad. I like those dystopian futuristic types of books and movies so it was right up my alley.

Fire Me Boy! 11-19-2013 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 10205418)
Going to see The Hunger Games 2: Catching Fire on Friday. Can't wait.

And I can't wait until December to see The second Hobbit movie, The Desolation of Smaug.

Last Friday, we saw Elysium. It wasn't bad. I like those dystopian futuristic types of books and movies so it was right up my alley.

The wife and I will be seeing Catching Fire this weekend. We'll see The Desolation of Smaug, too, but for December I'm most looking forward to The Wolf of Wall Street.

frankotank 11-19-2013 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 10191674)

Lol on nipples & honeypot.
the other night on mike and molly....mike snooped on mollys pc and she had written some erotica. Mike was feeling guilty and this guy says......the hell with that she gave you a detailed map to her protected wetlands. Bahahaha

Buehler445 11-19-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10205430)
The wife and I will be seeing Catching Fire this weekend. We'll see The Desolation of Smaug, too, but for December I'm most looking forward to The Wolf of Wall Street.

Dang. I had forgotten about wolf of Wall Street. Thanks for the reminder.

007 11-23-2013 07:28 AM

I don't know how in the hell there is not a thread about this movie or at least a post. I've done a search with both the google engine and CP and found nothing. Maybe I am just searching wrong but thought for sure I would easily find something with my first search.

It has been over 8 hours since I finished this movie and I am still rattled by it. It is easily the most intense and disturbing movie I feel I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it yet you absolutely NEED too.

Prisoners with Jackman and Gyllenhaal is just outstanding.

I'm not going to go any further with this because I don't want to give ANYTHING away. Just see it!!!

Lzen 11-23-2013 07:56 AM

Just saw Hunger Games 2 Catching Fire last night. It was fantastic. I really enjoyed the first movie and I think this one was even better.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-23-2013 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10213119)
I don't know how in the hell there is not a thread about this movie or at least a post. I've done a search with both the google engine and CP and found nothing. Maybe I am just searching wrong but thought for sure I would easily find something with my first search.

It has been over 8 hours since I finished this movie and I am still rattled by it. It is easily the most intense and disturbing movie I feel I have ever seen. If you haven't seen it yet you absolutely NEED too.

I'm not going to go any further with this because I don't want to give ANYTHING away. Just see it!!!

It was a good movie, but it had a ton of plot holes and issues.

hometeam 11-23-2013 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 10192119)
Caught some new releases lately...

Pacific Rim - wow, THIS is what all monster movies should be like, i'm truly perplexed why this thing wasn't a record breaking smash, the effects, the monsters and robots, all of it... an absolute feast for the eyes.

Some of it was a bit kiddied up, too simplified, the tiny group of scientists and how they interacted with one another was cornball... but overall, this was a true visual feast, worth every penny and more that i spent, i'll eventually buy this for my collection.

Man of Steel - mixed review... TONS of sharp looking action, they didn't skimp on showing plenty of Supes mixing it up in epic battles, the waste they lay on earth is incredible, just tearing shit up left and right.

Cavill is rock solid, far better than Routh, he'll be even better in the sequel i'm sure.

Crowe had a much meatier role than i expected and did his noble best.

I love the themes they explore about aliens on earth, good ones against bad ones of their own kind, for those who've studied the actual alien presence on earth it hits right home, that theme is very strong in the lore and i have no doubt Nolan and Snyder tapped that vein.

But without going into every detail, i didn't like they way they tried to "Tarantino-up" the timeline and various things about how Zod and his crew came to be such bad people, among other things... but still, worth every penny i spent.

:spock:

Hammock Parties 11-23-2013 10:13 AM

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...mphomaniac.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...-Skarsgard.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...acy-Martin.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...ia-LaBeouf.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...ian-Slater.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...Jamie-Bell.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...ma-Thurman.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...llem-Dafoe.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...c-Mia-Goth.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...nedy-Clark.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...ie-Nielsen.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...c-Udo-Kier.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...ns-Albinus.jpg

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/i/2013/10...icolas-Bro.jpg

OnTheWarpath15 11-23-2013 10:18 AM

Glad I get to follow that...

Anywho, with the anniversary yesterday, has anyone seen Parkland?

Fairplay 11-23-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10213119)

I hope there's no shower scenes like Midnight Express.

007 11-23-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10213135)
It was a good movie, but it had a ton of plot holes and issues.

Every movie has plot holes. Some people just make a living of tearing movies apart. I can't even remember the last time I truly got lost in the story like this. Felt like I was right there.

Otter 11-23-2013 03:37 PM

As a big fan of the Jackass lineage 'Bad Grandpa' was a pretty big disappointment. Why were they still role playing when they were alone in the car and motel rooms?

Dumb movie.

mikeyis4dcats. 11-24-2013 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 10213859)
Every movie has plot holes. Some people just make a living of tearing movies apart. I can't even remember the last time I truly got lost in the story like this. Felt like I was right there.

Spoiler!

shieldsnake 11-25-2013 02:40 AM

"Catching Fire" originally "Hunger Games" is a movie that is significantly better. An amazing movie to watch! If you love the first one , I guess you'll feel more a lot breath taking with "Catching Fire", the movie:)

Dayze 11-25-2013 08:15 AM

watched Lincoln this weekend.

was very good. Slow at first, but I thought the acting was great.

Though, for those who haven't seen it, I would definitely brush up on your Lincoln/Emancipation Proclimation/13th Amendment info. I was pretty lost for the first half of the movie, trying to remember all the crap I had forgotton from school lol. I would think it would be easier to follow if you had a quick crash course on it before watching it.

I thought Spader's character was really good, albeit a small one.

KCUnited 11-25-2013 09:25 AM

Watched The Lords of Salem on Friday night, holy shit, Rob Zombie loves his wife. She's like a lighter skinned Jaden Smith. Christ, that movie was horrible. I don't know what Zombie did to get in so much trouble but that movie had "I know I ****ed up, baby. Here's a movie just for you" written all over it. I actually went to bed angry at that movie.

Buehler445 11-25-2013 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10223234)

Though, for those who haven't seen it, I would definitely brush up on your Lincoln/Emancipation Proclimation/13th Amendment info. I was pretty lost for the first half of the movie, trying to remember all the crap I had forgotton from school lol. I would think it would be easier to follow if you had a quick crash course on it before watching it.

I thought Spader's character was really good, albeit a small one.

I'd agree. I pretty much knew what was happening, but both the wife and I thought it was outstanding.

Fairplay 11-25-2013 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dayze (Post 10223234)

Sally Fields was awful in it I thought, poor choice to play Mary Lincoln.

Pepe Silvia 12-02-2013 09:48 PM

I watched Identity Theft, it was meh. I liked Jason Bateman in Arrested Development but he always seems to fall flat on his face in starring movie roles.

Lzen 12-03-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shieldsnake (Post 10223153)
"Catching Fire" originally "Hunger Games" is a movie that is significantly better. An amazing movie to watch! If you love the first one , I guess you'll feel more a lot breath taking with "Catching Fire", the movie:)

The Hunger Games was the name of the first book (and first movie) and Catching Fire is the second book. Mockingjay is the third, btw. So, the new movie being called Hunger Games: Catching Fire is accurate. I enjoyed it very much and I'm surprised there's not more discussion on here about it. I rarely rate movies highly but I do with this movie. :thumb:

Baby Lee 12-04-2013 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 10205677)
Lol on nipples & honeypot.
the other night on mike and molly....mike snooped on mollys pc and she had written some erotica. Mike was feeling guilty and this guy says......the hell with that she gave you a detailed map to her protected wetlands. Bahahaha

Is it sad that I tend to blush when I watch American Pickers with my parents, and they use that term for a place with a lot of valuable antiques?

Buehler445 12-05-2013 09:42 PM

So I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley. I hadn't seen it before. And HOLY SHIT. That is a ****ed up movie. Jesus.

What does everyone else think about it? Is it great (I seem to remember people thinking it is great) or is it just another ****ed up movie?

Fire Me Boy! 12-05-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 10251336)
So I watched The Talented Mr. Ripley. I hadn't seen it before. And HOLY SHIT. That is a ****ed up movie. Jesus.

What does everyone else think about it? Is it great (I seem to remember people thinking it is great) or is it just another ****ed up movie?

Love that movie. Very Hichcockian.

Buehler445 12-05-2013 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10251338)

I think I should think it is a good movie. But my expectations were way off. I thought Damon, Law and Paltrow killed their roles. Great acting. But I definitely wasn't expecting all the homo and crazy killing. I was expecting a Rainmaker type performance.

Dayze 12-06-2013 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 10251338)

yeah, I liked that one alot.
Seen it quite a few times.

Dayze 12-06-2013 11:09 PM

I watched "The Heat" last night with Sandra Bullock and Melissa McCarthy.
Holy shit I was in tears. Very fun movie. If you're a McCarthy fan / improved lines etc, she ****ing kills it. Bullock plays a very good straight counterpart.

Very enjoyable. Sit down for a silly movie for some laughs, and you'll be entertained. If you're not.....then you've probably got crabs.

Rasputin 12-06-2013 11:17 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/rR2dKzkkP-w?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I love this seen from Big Jake.

Rausch 12-10-2013 08:03 AM

Watched Thor 2.

Ugh.

Very dismapoint.

No reason for that movie to come back to earth. Just have it take place in Asgard.

Thought the two supporting actresses were $3it.

A number of scenes (and even sound effects) seemed right out of a Star Wars prequel.

Thor and Loki played well off each other. The Loki character becomes more complex and more fun to watch.

Buehler445 12-17-2013 10:02 AM

I caught Margin Call on Amazon Prime last night. It was decent enough as long as you have a cursory understanding of the mortgage backed securities crisis.

There is a lot of good acting done in that movie.

NewChief 12-17-2013 10:35 AM

I posted this in the cutting cable cost thread, but this is probably a better place:

Do any of you use an app or website to manage your movie viewing? Something like goodreads? I always have the problem of sitting in front of the TV and can't remember the movie that I've been wanting to watch.

I'd like something that has a mobile app as well as a full website. An ability to read other's reviews and such is a bonus.

DMAC 12-17-2013 10:44 AM

Europa Report was amaa

mikeyis4dcats. 12-17-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10287031)
I posted this in the cutting cable cost thread, but this is probably a better place:

Do any of you use an app or website to manage your movie viewing? Something like goodreads? I always have the problem of sitting in front of the TV and can't remember the movie that I've been wanting to watch.

I'd like something that has a mobile app as well as a full website. An ability to read other's reviews and such is a bonus.

some people just rate a movie on IMDB/Netflix/RT so they know they've seen it.

NewChief 12-17-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats. (Post 10287233)
some people just rate a movie on IMDB/Netflix/RT so they know they've seen it.

I'm mainly interested in keeping a "too watch" list. I think I can actually do that on imdb. I'm going to play around with it.

patteeu 12-17-2013 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10287253)
I'm mainly interested in keeping a "too watch" list. I think I can actually do that on imdb. I'm going to play around with it.

Is that the list of movies that are more watch than you can handle? :)

Baby Lee 12-17-2013 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 10287972)
Is that the list of movies that are more watch than you can handle? :)

ROFL ROFL - Sometimes you actually scare me.