ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs The constant negativity is tiresome. Who is ready to join me and move on? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=271150)

Ming the Merciless 03-24-2013 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525172)
And have about te fewest wins of any team since.

Not to mention zero playoff wins since 93

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-24-2013 04:13 AM

Splatbass loved W and loves him some Obama too. Attends the flowers at Nixon's library. Watches Reagan movies with tears in his eyes. Cusses Mona Lewinski. Keeps righting Ford's tomstone. Gives LBJ a 21 gun salute on his birthday. Changes Rosalynn Carter's cat's litterbox when she is gone.

whoman69 03-24-2013 07:21 AM

If Reid and Dorsey stick to the apparent plan and do not draft a QB in the higher rounds, I have zero expectations of a championship. On the contrary, I have 100% confidence the Chiefs will not succeed with just another retread.

splatbass 03-24-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OrtonsPiercedTaint (Post 9525203)
Splatbass loved W and loves him some Obama too. Attends the flowers at Nixon's library. Watches Reagan movies with tears in his eyes. Cusses Mona Lewinski. Keeps righting Ford's tomstone. Gives LBJ a 21 gun salute on his birthday. Changes Rosalynn Carter's cat's litterbox when she is gone.

WTF you ranting about? You drunk?

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-24-2013 09:46 AM

We don't make a lot of the products you buy, we make a lot of the products you buy better. BASF, a chemical company.

patteeu 03-24-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9524913)
this is the rationale of failure that keeps the chiefs from getting a QB

Whats the definition of insanity again?

Oh yah: repeating the same behavior, but expecting a different result

The Chiefs have had success with retreads. Every QB the Chiefs have ever drafted has been a bust of one degree or another.

Discuss Thrower 03-24-2013 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patteeu (Post 9525435)
The Chiefs have had success with retreads. Every QB the Chiefs have ever drafted has been a bust of one degree or another.

Blackledge and Croyle: the only QBs they've drafted in the first 120 picks of the draft.

Rasputin 03-24-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

One first round pick 30 years ago. One 2nd round pick 20 years ago. Maybe if Brodie Croyle wasn't made of glass and PW from his wife at third round pick he was the only draft pick to start a game for the Chiefs in the first decade of 2000. I think we had a couple other late rounders but no one was groomed to take over to be starting QB.

So it's not that every draft pick QB was a bust it's that they didn't put any emphasis to make them successful or give them the opportunities like other teams by drafting and playing them.

Rasputin 03-24-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9525447)
Blackledge and Croyle: the only QBs they've drafted in the first 120 picks of the draft.

Don't forget Matt Blundin 2nd round pick that had four pass plays of his career.

Coogs 03-24-2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9525470)
Don't forget Matt Blundin 2nd round pick that had four pass plays of his career.

Mike Elkins, Steve Fuller, David Jaynes, and Mike Livingston are top 120 guys too.

patteeu 03-24-2013 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9525447)

It doesn't stop there though. Every quarterback they've drafted has been a failure, regardless of round. If we're going to live by the "insanity definition" that pawnbroker mentioned, we should probably never draft another QB in any round. Of course, I don't subscribe to that theory or, for that matter, to that definition of insanity.

patteeu 03-24-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 9525486)
Mike Elkins, Steve Fuller, David Jaynes, and Mike Livingston are top 120 guys too.

Just out of curiosity, I looked up the profootballreference.com weighted career average values of several Chiefs QBs. I included every QB since the move to KC who started a majority of games in a season or who was the starter going into a season. Here's how they lined up:

Len Dawson 110
Mike Livingston 43
Steve Fuller 29
Bill Kenney 51
Todd Blackledge 12
Steve DeBerg 79
Dave Krieg 98
Joe Montana 123
Steve Bono 32
Elvis Grbac 46
Rich Gannon 99
Trent Green 94
Damon Huard 19
Tyler Thigpen 10
Brodie Croyle 2
Matt Cassel 39

Gannon, Montana and Krieg's numbers are a little misleading since they all had their best years elsewhere (as did Matt Cassel to some extent).

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-24-2013 11:25 AM

What if you throw in trades for draft picks. Montana and Green where the best QBs in the last few decades. They gave firsts for them. Grbac, Cassel... **** it to lazy to waste the tiem.

BigRedChief 03-24-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 9525177)
Not to mention zero playoff wins since 93

Not a small insignificant stat.

whoman69 03-26-2013 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by splatbass (Post 9525152)
The Chiefs had the most wins of any team in the 90s. That is more than any of those other teams can say.

That's not even true. They had the most wins for a team without a championship. Chiefs had 101 wins. 49ers had 113, Bills 103, Cowboys tied us for 101. Those teams were all in the Super Bowl. Rams only won a third of their games but had a SB championship season.

whoman69 03-26-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Not one of those retreads took them to the Super Bowl. You can't go through your whole history hoping to get the second coming of Len Dawson, the ultimate retread.

whoman69 03-26-2013 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9525172)
And have about te fewest wins of any team since.

That's not true either. We're around 24th.

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2013 09:03 AM

The constant negativity is giving me a RAGING BONER!
Posted via Mobile Device

patteeu 03-26-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whoman69 (Post 9530009)
Not one of those retreads took them to the Super Bowl. You can't go through your whole history hoping to get the second coming of Len Dawson, the ultimate retread.

The only QB to get the Chiefs to the super bowl was a retread. You might call him the first coming of Len Dawson.

BigRedChief 03-26-2013 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9530106)
Posted via Mobile Device

please don't feel the need to post the pics.

OrtonsPiercedTaint 03-26-2013 08:17 PM

now in 3D...oh wait that's one G. Not ragging

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9531622)
please don't feel the need to post the pics.

Worthless without!
Posted via Mobile Device

DaneMcCloud 03-26-2013 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9530106)
Posted via Mobile Device

Herpes

NWTF 03-26-2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ceebz (Post 9498728)
I'm sorry, but, I just can't get excited about a team that's being led by Alex Smith. I've watched Smith play many times, and I just don't see what there is to like about him.

Trading what amounts to a mid first round pick for a veteran game manager, does not seem like a move a front office that's devoted to building a tradition of winning and challenging for championships makes. The move screams, "play it safe" and creep back to mediocrity to get asses back in the seats. Who the **** wants to root for that?

The move itself is all about that, get back to .500 ASAP. They can still try to draft a franchise QB and they might. just depends on how comfortable they are with mediocrity.

Mav 03-26-2013 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWTF (Post 9532129)
The move itself is all about that, get back to .500 ASAP. They can still try to draft a franchise QB and they might. just depends on how comfortable they are with mediocrity.

Its not about mediocrity. It also isnt the first time that Andy Reid will make a draft pick that isnt what the fan base wants. Remember the reaction to them drafting Donovan McNabb? BOOOOS...

If in their estimation, there was a franchise qb, they would draft him. You cant win without a great qb.....

Sweet Daddy Hate 03-26-2013 10:46 PM

There's no reason they can't achieve their beloved mediocrity AND draft a top QB prospect THIS YEAR. The roster as it stands can achieve the hallowed goal of true fannery uselessness. Use the goddamned pick like ANY OTHER NORMAL AND RIGHT-THINKING FRANCHISE WOULD THAT HAS NO FUTURE AND SHIT FOR DEPTH AT THE POSITION WHICH LANDED YOU THE PICK IN THE FIRST GODDAMNED PLACE.
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 04-26-2013 03:37 PM

Is everyone else ready to move on now?

Hammock Parties 04-26-2013 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9632220)
Is everyone else ready to move on now?

No....Alex Smith is still our shitty QB...and Eric Fisher is going to be under extreme scrutiny this year.

BigRedChief 04-26-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9632235)
No....Alex Smith is still our shitty QB...and Eric Fisher is going to be under extreme scrutiny this year.

I don't think an OT is evah under extreme scrutiny. Taken #1 is about the weak draft not because we passed RG III for him.

So all the NFL passing on Geno doesn't sway you that maybe just maybe your opinion doesn't have more value than the 32 other GM/Coaches/NFL clubs?

Hammock Parties 04-26-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9632329)
I don't think an OT is evah under extreme scrutiny.

He will be around here...

I'll see to it.

Rausch 04-26-2013 04:03 PM

Eh.....waiting to see how today goes first...

King_Chief_Fan 04-26-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9632235)

32 GM's and coaches who know far more than you could ever know says hi

Chiefaholic 04-26-2013 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9632336)

I'll see to it.

Who gives a ****? I'll take the over / under everyday that all 32 NFL GM's are smarter than you in player evaluations.

RealSNR 04-26-2013 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9632329)
I don't think an OT is evah under extreme scrutiny. Taken #1 is about the weak draft not because we passed RG III for him.

So all the NFL passing on Geno doesn't sway you that maybe just maybe your opinion doesn't have more value than the 32 other GM/Coaches/NFL clubs?

Dorsey raped this franchise into a hole by leaving us without a 2nd round pick.

He dropped the ball on trading down.

Now he dropped the ball on trading Albert.

He's a shitty negotiator. He better be the best damn talent evaluator in the goddamn league if he wants to be worth a squirrel shit

splatbass 04-26-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9632336)

I'll see to it.

lol at guy that thinks anyone cares about his opinion.

BigRedChief 04-26-2013 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9632415)
Dorsey raped this franchise into a hole by leaving us without a 2nd round pick.

JFC, Have you looked at our 2nd round picks every year for the last 20 years?
Quote:

He dropped the ball on trading down.

I disagree. We didn't need a top DE. We trade down, what would we get? To add the 2nd only like the Raiders? **** that.
Quote:

Now he dropped the ball on trading Albert.

How do you know that information? How do we know what they offered? A low 2nd rounder? **** that too. Keep him.
Quote:

He's a shitty negotiator.

How do you know this?

BigRedChief 04-26-2013 05:08 PM

Holy shit the Jet fans hate Geno.:D

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-26-2013 09:32 PM

I know whats coming as long as Alice is here. I think I'll just keep using CP to vent my hate. THX!
Posted via Mobile Device

Hammock Parties 04-26-2013 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9632756)
Holy shit the Jet fans hate Geno.:D

Did you watch the draft?

They were rejoicing like Jesus himself had come down from the clouds.

I dream of such a moment for our franchise.

lewdog 04-26-2013 10:21 PM

I am still so pissed off about getting Shitbag Alex Smith as our QB that I haven't watched any of the draft.

Yea for winning 7 games! **** these dumbasses.

Rausch 04-26-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9632340)
Eh.....waiting to see how today goes first...

Nope.

Nothing positive here...

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-26-2013 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9635650)
Did you watch the draft?

Keep dreaming as long as cHunt runs this show. Nothing but others teams trash and lowball QB picks for us!
Posted via Mobile Device

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-26-2013 10:29 PM

The Chiefs are nohing more than a strange social experiment to me anymore, as opposed to a traditional fan-team relationship. I dont necessarily hate them, but I dont love them either. And CP made me that way, just so you know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Psyko Tek 04-26-2013 10:48 PM

trying to like, but thinking we got morans in the front office

GordonGekko 04-26-2013 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9635811)
The Chiefs are nohing more than a strange social experiment to me anymore, as opposed to a traditional fan-team relationship. I dont necessarily hate them, but I dont love them either. And CP made me that way, just so you know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Watching Matt ****ing Cassel get 4 seasons made me this way

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-26-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9635887)

That'll get it done.
Posted via Mobile Device

007 04-27-2013 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9635887)

WAtching Vermeil ignore our Defense, Herm drafting good talent and having no idea how to coach it and Pioli piss 4 years away on Cassel made me this way.

New World Order 04-27-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9635650)
Did you watch the draft?

It will happen someday.

When we're dead.

New World Order 04-27-2013 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9636144)
WAtching Vermeil ignore our Defense, Herm drafting good talent and having no idea how to coach it and ***** piss 4 years away on Cassel made me this way.

Atleast the Vermeil games were exciting.

Rausch 04-27-2013 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9636153)
It will happen someday.

When we're dead.

Deep down, in my heart, I ****ing KNOW THIS.

I know it.

2 years after they bury me we'll win the whole thing...:#

007 04-27-2013 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636155)
Deep down, in my heart, I ****ing KNOW THIS.

I know it.

2 years after they bury me we'll win the whole thing...:#

We should all have an epitaph stating we never got to see the Chiefs win a superbowl because they ignored the most important position on the field every single year.

xztop123 04-27-2013 02:17 AM

The cowboys are stuck with a QB whos older than ours, and equally terrible. and they reached for a mid round C in the first round...

007 04-27-2013 02:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9636187)
The cowboys are stuck with a QB whos older than ours, and equally terrible. and they reached for a mid round C in the first round...

That was Raideresque

GordonGekko 04-27-2013 02:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 9636187)
The cowboys are stuck with a QB whos older than ours, and equally terrible...

Equally terrible? I disagree. Romo is decent while Alex Cassel sucks ass.

Rausch 04-27-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9636185)
We should all have an epitaph stating we never got to see the Chiefs win a superbowl because they ignored the most important position on the field every single year.

If we ever do tell the grandkids to spill some for a homie...

BigRedChief 04-27-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9636197)
If we ever do tell the grandkids to spill some for a homie...

We will win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. Print em!

Spott 04-27-2013 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9636822)
We will win a Super Bowl in my lifetime. Print em!

Not even if you live to be 100 will that happen.

chief4life 04-27-2013 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9498666)
I'm finding this constant negativity tiresome. We have sucked for years. We were an embarrassment. A big ****ing joke. I'm done with the negativity.

I wanted Geno. I think we overpaid for Smith. I'm scratching my head over some of their moves.

Reid and Dorsey obviously have a plan. For crissakes, Reid watched every down of every player for the whole ****ing year before he even met with Clark. I'm going to give them AT LEAST a half a season before I start calling them dumb-asses and screaming for their head.

I don't think I'm accepting mediocrity by choosing to not scream and yell and be totally pissed off by the moves so far. If you think so, you are entitled to you opinion.

I was an early and financial supporter of SOC. Season ticket holder for years. I think anyone would label me a hard core Chiefs fan. Just like most of the posters on this board. We deserve better than we have been given by our team. I will be a Chiefs fan until I become worm food. Lifes too short to go around pissed all the time. I did enough of that the last few years.

I'm going to chose to hope that Reid and Dorseys plan is sound and will result in the return of winning football and our first playoff win since the Montana era. Who's with me?

I am right there with you on this! I have seen more urgency with the new regime then i saw at anytime with Pioli. Just let them do there job and support there decisions. They have done this way longer than you have. Also can we shut up about Alex Smith. If the coach wanted him and thinks he can turn him into something great shut up about it. He is our quarterback deal with it! I like the picks we have made so far we were trash on offense last year. Could of get the steal of the draft in Kelce I watched him personally last year. My friend plays for Cincy so he should know. He said you are getting a stud and a tenacious blocker! So lets get behind this team and stop with all this negativity!

ThatRaceCardGuy 04-27-2013 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9637091)
I am right there with you on this! I have seen more urgency with the new regime then i saw at anytime with *****. Just let them do there job and support there decisions. They have done this way longer than you have. Also can we shut up about Alex Smith. If the coach wanted him and thinks he can turn him into something great shut up about it. He is our quarterback deal with it! I like the picks we have made so far we were trash on offense last year. Could of get the steal of the draft in Kelce I watched him personally last year. My friend plays for Cincy so he should know. He said you are getting a stud and a tenacious blocker! So lets get behind this team and stop with all this negativity!

"Real Fan" /\/\/\ o:-)o:-)

MIAdragon 04-27-2013 10:50 AM

Quote:

I am right there with you on this! I have seen more urgency with the new regime then i saw at anytime with *****. Just let them do there job and support there decisions. They have done this way longer than you have. Also can we shut up about Alex Smith. If the coach wanted him and thinks he can turn him into something great shut up about it. He is our quarterback deal with it! I like the picks we have made so far we were trash on offense last year. Could of get the steal of the draft in Kelce I watched him personally last year. My friend plays for Cincy so he should know. He said you are getting a stud and a tenacious blocker! So lets get behind this team and stop with all this negativity!

My god man.

BigRedChief 04-27-2013 10:53 AM

Quote:

since the draft its been back to the constant negativitsm. Its like they know for sure that this may all fail. We will will suck just as bad as last year. This era is going to suck balls, for sure. No doubt.

My point is that may be the way it turns out but I don't see any reason we to continue to have the constant negativism. I and most on here are stuck with this team, their decisions and being a fan of this crappy team that I hope someday turns into a winner.:thumb:

chief4life 04-27-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 9636193)
Equally terrible? I disagree. Romo is decent while Alex Cassel sucks ass.

Why do you keep comparing him to Cassel? Has Cassel won a playoff game? Go on ill wait! Secondly was Matt Cassel accurate when throwing the ball? From what i recall Matt Cassel checked down alot too. None of these things Alex Smith does actually last year he was the most accurate passer when throwing balls over 20 yards. Where was Cassel? Last in the QBR rating so hmmmm that is interesting! So i see people put up the stats of Matt and Alex for there whole career. You heard of the saying it isn't what you did for me in the past its what you did for me lately. Yes the stats our almost identical overall. I wont argue Alex started off rough for his first 3 years, but as you can see that he was the best QB before he got his concussion last year. Put him in a system he knows keep him healthy and you got a gamer. That never gives up and wins big games. If it wasn't for a fumble he would of been in the superbowl as well! So before you say he sucks get your facts straight because numbers never lie!

http://youtu.be/7rpkNW3yap8

Discuss Thrower 04-27-2013 10:58 AM

I'm not thizzing on Kansas City because they are prolonging an inevitable rebuild.

On January 1, 2013, the Chiefs were three years of solid drafting and sensible FA pickups away from becoming a contender. Hali, Johnson and JC and Bowe would be probably gone by then, sure, but hopefully a savvy GM could've reworked their contracts and dealt them away for more draft picks.

Instead, Dorsey and Reid have chosen to "win-now" with a proven game manager and a defensive core that is good, but not great, and is aging rapidly.

Bearcat 04-27-2013 11:07 AM

I don't know how people can watch regime after regime come in and make the exact same mistakes, yet sit back and say they have a master plan, they've been doing this longer than you have, blah blah, and not be at least a little pissed off. Sure, it doesn't do any good to throw stuff at your TV and kick the dog, but if you can't see that the formula of retread QB + draft OL high doesn't work in the NFL, you're really not paying attention.

Maybe this was REALLY the one year to play it safe and maybe this staff is the one that really know what they're doing, but I think it's pretty understandable that people are tired of watching the same old shit and being forced to sit back and hope it works out, as opposed to being given something to look forward to.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2013 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chief4life (Post 9637194)
From what i recall Matt Cassel checked down alot too. None of these things Alex Smith does

Alex Smith throws more short passes than Matt Cassel.

100 percent fact.

Only 1 QB in the league throws the ball short more than Alex Smith.

Enjoy those checkdowns, chief4life!

Valiant 04-27-2013 11:14 AM

Quote:

Why do you keep comparing him to Cassel? Has Cassel won a playoff game? Go on ill wait! Secondly was Matt Cassel accurate when throwing the ball? From what i recall Matt Cassel checked down alot too. None of these things Alex Smith does actually last year he was the most accurate passer when throwing balls over 20 yards. Where was Cassel? Last in the QBR rating so hmmmm that is interesting! So i see people put up the stats of Matt and Alex for there whole career. You heard of the saying it isn't what you did for me in the past its what you did for me lately. Yes the stats our almost identical overall. I wont argue Alex started off rough for his first 3 years, but as you can see that he was the best QB before he got his concussion last year. Put him in a system he knows keep him healthy and you got a gamer. That never gives up and wins big games. If it wasn't for a fumble he would of been in the superbowl as well! So before you say he sucks get your facts straight because numbers never lie!

You are a ****ing colossal idiot homer trufan. Alex is garbage and will revert back to form here. Just like cassel did, but ignore the fact that cassels only good year was against the easiest schedule in a decade and got raped against any other playoff teams.

Ignore the fact that besides their numbers being identical but alex throwing for less 300 yard games then limpdickarm cassel that alex only appeared to get better when they built an allstar team around him on both sides.

Good qbs elevate those around them. Not a ****ing team elevating the qb to look like a game manager.

Going to be so enjoyable watching some of you idiots in disbelief when we win 7 or less games this year ask why we keep losing. You better pray for charles and hali to have mvp like years.

lewdog 04-27-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 9637290)
I don't know how people can watch regime after regime come in and make the exact same mistakes, yet sit back and say they have a master plan, they've been doing this longer than you have, blah blah, and not be at least a little pissed off. Sure, it doesn't do any good to throw stuff at your TV and kick the dog, but if you can't see that the formula of retread QB + draft OL high doesn't work in the NFL, you're really not paying attention.

Maybe this was REALLY the one year to play it safe and maybe this staff is the one that really know what they're doing, but I think it's pretty understandable that people are tired of watching the same old shit and being forced to sit back and hope it works out, as opposed to being given something to look forward to.

Yup. We continue to make the same signings and drafting that we have in the 90's. We continue to desire playing some outdated brand of football. Retread QBs and taking lineman with 1st round picks. How anyone can sit back and say, well let's just give this regime a chance even though they are using the same failed formula for 20 years is beyond me? Nothing they are doing tells me this team is serious about winning a Superbowl, or even one measly playoff game.

New World Order 04-27-2013 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wonton Prejudice (Post 9637305)
Alex Smith throws more short passes than Matt Cassel.

100 percent fact.

Only 1 QB in the league throws the ball short more than Alex Smith.

Enjoy those checkdowns, chief4life!

Whenever I talk about this everyone always brings up his 7.9 ypa.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 9637331)
Whenever I talk about this everyone always brings up his 7.9 ypa.

Counter with his 24th ranked 11.4 YPC, which makes Cassel and Damon Huard look like gunslingers.

007 04-27-2013 03:01 PM

Quote:

It's hard to "deal with it" when we have seen this dog and pony show before. Several times. We keep hoping this time will be different but it never is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9637185)
since the draft its been back to the constant negativitsm. Its like they know for sure that this may all fail. We will will suck just as bad as last year. This era is going to suck balls, for sure. No doubt.

My point is that may be the way it turns out but I don't see any reason we to continue to have the constant negativism. I and most on here are stuck with this team, their decisions and being a fan of this crappy team that I hope someday turns into a winner.:thumb:

With the exception of my complete lack of faith in Alex Smith, I am done complaining about the franchise for now. I will say that Alex is going to have to seriously impress me this year to have any chance of winning me over. BUT, I support the franchise and hope they prove me wrong and win a bunch of games. My prediction for the season still stands though and that is not a negative thing, just my honest opinion of where the team is right now. Still an improvement over last year.

BlackHelicopters 04-27-2013 03:05 PM

Same as it ever was.

Spott 04-27-2013 04:10 PM

True fans gargle horse cum

BigRedChief 04-27-2013 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9637810)
It's hard to "deal with it" when we have seen this dog and pony show before. Several times. We keep hoping this time will be different but it never is.

I know. You get the feeling you have seen this movie before.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 9637810)
With the exception of my complete lack of faith in Alex Smith, I am done complaining about the franchise for now. I will say that Alex is going to have to seriously impress me this year to have any chance of winning me over. BUT, I support the franchise and hope they prove me wrong and win a bunch of games. My prediction for the season still stands though and that is not a negative thing, just my honest opinion of where the team is right now. Still an improvement over last year.

Just like I've been saying the whole thread.....It's not all rainbows and roses. However, why spend all of your time bitching and moaning about something that you can't change.

BigRedChief 04-28-2013 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 9637226)
Instead, Dorsey and Reid have chosen to "win-now" with a proven game manager and a defensive core that is good, but not great, and is aging rapidly.

Yep, my take too. In their opinion, there was no QOTF to build an NFL team around. So, they took more of a win now approach.

philfree 04-28-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 9638309)
I know. You get the feeling you have seen this movie before.
Just like I've been saying the whole thread.....It's not all rainbows and roses. However, why spend all of your time bitching and moaning about something that you can't change.

It's tough because we had the number one pick in the draft and there was no QB. And since we're the Chiefs it stings even more. That pretty much took the shine off of anything else good that could happen. However I'm feeling optimistic at this point. I feel pretty confident that this team will not come out and look like the Keystone Cops the first two weeks of the season.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-28-2013 03:10 PM

Boy I'm getting tired of that "no QB" myth.
Posted via Mobile Device

Kaepernick 04-29-2013 02:03 AM

Quote:

You make 2 arguments that were among the staples of the Alexsexuals over the entire Harbaugh era. For the trifecta, don't forget to cite the 2011 Saints Divisional game.

Your first argument is that Alex is accurate passing over 20 yards.

Alex is efficient passing over 20 yards. Don't mistake efficiency for accuracy. Drew Brees is accurate over 20 yards. Aaron Rodgers is accurate over 20 yards. Alex Smith is efficient over 20 yards.

Alex Smith is efficient over 20 yards because Alex Smith is selective over 20 yards. He generally won't throw the ball over 20 yards unless his intended receiver is wide open with Defenders playing well off him.

If a QB throws one pass in his career and it is caught over 20 yards away, he has a career efficiency of 100% completion ratio over 20 yards. That says nothing about how accurate he is. Mabye the receiver had to leap or slide for the ball. Efficiency is not accuracy.

Your second argument is from the vid, spouting QBR and again completion %. QBR is nice and accounts for Alex's exceptional ball security of late, which should be a huge asset toward Chiefs wins. Turnover ratio is the #1 indicator of wins and losses, and Alex doesn't turn it over. No wonder Reid likes that about him.

But again your argument is all about efficiency. What about production? What about yards per game? What about TDs per game? What about sustaining drives passing? 3rd down conversions? Red zone scores?

QBR takes some of that into account, better than the traditional passer rating does, but still rewards efficiency over production.

Yes, Alex is really efficient. Now if he was productive, if he completed 30 passes a game, if he could post 4,000 yards in a season, then his efficiency would be a wonderful asset. Maybe Andy Reid will get that from him.

Meanwhile, your argument is one we heard for 2 years under Harbaugh from the Alexsexuals on the 49er forum. They all wanted to proclaim his lofty efficiency but then make nothing but Alexcuses over his lack of production.

ChiefMojo 04-29-2013 04:54 AM

It is amazing reading the polls for everything. You would think reading CP all these years that everyone was Negative Nancies and thought the end of the world was here. Then you realize it is a just a vocal miniority that rule the roost here. They aren't the voice of the Chiefs fanbase but of CP. It drives them crazy that 90-95% of the fanbase are "True Fans". Funny I must say.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-29-2013 11:50 AM

Of course they are. In a any social paradigm, the masses are idiots. "A person is smart. People are stupid".
Posted via Mobile Device

BigRedChief 04-29-2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Dick Willie (Post 9643760)
Of course they are. In a any social paradigm, the masses are idiots. "A person is smart. People are stupid".
Posted via Mobile Device

I don't think the consistent naysayers are stupid or idiots. For the most part, they have legitimate opinions and reasons for their opinions.

But, we just don't need to hear that same opinion in every thread.