ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=240682)

CrazyPhuD 05-14-2011 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7627892)
Live Steam, I'm going to mull this over for a while and hope somebody else jumps on it and saves me from my **** YEAH BUY IT demons.

But I can only hold them at bay for so long. :D

ROFL when it comes to weapons purchases I don't have a good angel and a bad devil on my shoulders. Instead I have a bad devil and a ****ing evil devil on my shoulder. The debate is rarely if and usually who gets to use it first! :D

Bob Dole 05-14-2011 07:18 AM

In concealed carry class now.

(Bob Dole shouldn't have stayed out so late last night, though...)

chris 05-14-2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7618325)
I'm close to buying an on duty pistol. I need to sell my tactical mossberg shotgun first though. I never shot it anyways. I'm more into a gun I can actually take out to the range and have fun with. I'll get a Remington someday. So if anyone wants a mossberg 18.5" barrel w/ extra pistol grip it's for sale.

Anyways here's the pistol im seriously interested in.

http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...products_id=65

Thoughts?

Still available? If so, I will take it.

How can you ship to WI?

Thanks

LiveSteam 05-14-2011 11:56 AM

Anyone interested in a ATN 330 Aries night warrior/ Night vision scope? I dont use it anymore. Gave up tracking bad men in South America. So it needs a new home.
Its a first generation scope. works well out 130 yards or so. Has an illumination light that mounts to the top of the scope.

http://images1.opticsplanet.com/640-...rmkwarni-2.jpg

Specification
Total darkness tech Standard
Magnification 3x
Intensifier tube High res.1st Gen
Detection range 150 m
Recognition range 100 m
Lens system 6 element, F1.2, 85mm
FOV 14 deg.
Diopter adjustment +/- 5
Resolution 40 lp/mm
Power supply One 3 volt lithium
Range of focus 5' to infinity
Reticle Chevron or range finder
Controls Direct
Battery life 10-20 hours
Dimensions 230 x 100 x 105
9" x 4" x 4.1"
Weigh 1.1 kg (2.45 lbs

$200.00 plus shipping

BigOlChiefsfan 05-14-2011 02:14 PM

Yay me! I've got my order in for a Gen 4 Glock model 19. After years of poking spendy .45 holes in stuff, maybe I can afford to actually shoot this little sombeech.

When you quit smoking, you get to whiz away your cigareet money on guns, whiskey, & women who can 'suck the chrome off a bumper hitch' as Willie Nelson says. I'm just sayin'...

TrebMaxx 05-14-2011 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7639969)
Yeah, it's silly, but for $10 I had to have it. Zombie Killer ejection door. :D

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...ing-p-432.html

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/...Killer_LRG.jpg

LMAO Great find. I think I am going to get one for myself and a couple others for friends. Just imagine the fear something like that will give the zombies!

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7640319)
LMAO Great find. I think I am going to get one for myself and a couple others for friends. Just imagine the fear something like that will give the zombies!

This is the matching lower - I just found a picture and I'm not getting a lower just for this, but it thought it was pretty funny. :D

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/b...Picture092.jpg

TrebMaxx 05-14-2011 06:35 PM

Too funny! You know the shit is real when you have to select "undead" mode!

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:37 PM

BTW, I fell in love all over again today. Went pistol shooting, and one of my friends rented a Springfield Arms XD 9mm from the range. Holy shit, that is one sweet shooter. Because it's double action only I never even considered getting one, but the trigger pull is surprisingly easy, it's accurate and a blast to shoot, plus has a 19 round magazine.

If I hadn't just got a $600 ass-raping from the dentist earlier in the week for my new crown, and also if I hadn't just picked up a Magpul angled grip and Gunfighter charging handle for the AR, I probably would have bought one today. I liked it that much.

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7640557)
Too funny! You know the shit is real when you have to select "undead" mode!

Unfortunately, I don't have an "undead" mode. :sulk:

:D

TrebMaxx 05-14-2011 06:43 PM

My buddy has a SA XD 45 and yes it is one sweet piece. I actually have been considering getting one myself for awhile now. It's all in the timing for me at this point in getting a new firearm since the wife thinks I have too many already. I've been working on her though trying to explain that I need something light for a CCW.

CrazyPhuD 05-14-2011 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7640558)
BTW, I fell in love all over again today. Went pistol shooting, and one of my friends rented a Springfield Arms XD 9mm from the range. Holy shit, that is one sweet shooter. Because it's double action only I never even considered getting one, but the trigger pull is surprisingly easy, it's accurate and a blast to shoot, plus has a 19 round magazine.

If I hadn't just got a $600 ass-raping from the dentist earlier in the week for my new crown, and also if I hadn't just picked up a Magpul angled grip and Gunfighter charging handle for the AR, I probably would have bought one today. I liked it that much.

Interesting....I've generally never been a fan of DA because I just love the crisp pull of the SA. Probably why I fell in love with the 1911 the first time I shot one.

Frazod 05-14-2011 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyPhuD (Post 7640565)
Interesting....I've generally never been a fan of DA because I just love the crisp pull of the SA. Probably why I fell in love with the 1911 the first time I shot one.

I feel exactly the same way (primarily because of the Glock I used to have), and I LOVED THIS PISTOL. LOVED IT. The range guy actually had to come over and tell me to slow down my fire rate I was having such a blast shooting it.

SAUTO 05-14-2011 08:02 PM

Quote:

The wife wants this gun. Probably gonna pick it up in a couple of weeks.
Posted via Mobile Device

Dunit35 05-15-2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris (Post 7640148)
Still available? If so, I will take it.

How can you ship to WI?

Thanks

Crazycoffey has first dibs on it. It's his for the taking.
If he changes his mind, I'll let you know.

Frazod 05-15-2011 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7640563)
My buddy has a SA XD 45 and yes it is one sweet piece. I actually have been considering getting one myself for awhile now. It's all in the timing for me at this point in getting a new firearm since the wife thinks I have too many already. I've been working on her though trying to explain that I need something light for a CCW.

Bud's has both of these for $465 (I guess the avatar's appropriate, eh?). I have little doubt that one of them will be coming to a gun drawer near me shortly.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...9801HCSP06.jpg

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...9101HCSPO6.jpg
BTW, that e-mail never went through. I guess the attachment was too big.

TrebMaxx 05-15-2011 09:05 PM

Sweet looking SA XD's! I like the longer rail on the bottom picture. And yes, I followed the email and received a 554 message back that it was too large. I will burn it on CD and send it to you.

Frazod 05-15-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrebMaxx (Post 7641945)
Sweet looking SA XD's! I like the longer rail on the bottom picture. And yes, I followed the email and received a 554 message back that it was too large. I will burn it on CD and send it to you.

It's a difference between a 3" and 4" barrel. The extended mag for the subcompact will nullify the short grip, so that's not an issue. I really want the larger one, but as I already have a full sized pistol in the H&K and a mid-sized one in the Ruger, it probably makes more sense to get the smaller one.

I'll at least have to wait a month or two before I can justify picking this up in my mind.

Probably. :banghead:

As for the e-mail, I figured that was the problem. I appreciate your sending the CD. :thumb:

Dunit35 05-16-2011 01:48 PM

Put my 1st 20 rounds through the mosin nagant. That gun is awesome, loud, kicks fairly hard. My wife shot it (she spent the weekend shooting full auto M4 and M249) and bout shit herself when she pulled the trigger. I'm just glad I told her to hold the gun tight against her shoulder.

And I still can't aim for anything. It's driving me nuts. Breath out as I shoot, tip of the finger on the trigger, sites aimed top of the front site in line with the top of the rear site.

WV 05-16-2011 02:11 PM

Quote:

I still can't get used to the feel of those two piece triggers. It's the same reason I didn't care for the S&W M&P 9mm. I know it's nit picky, but I just don't care for the feel.

Frazod 05-16-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7642810)
I still can't get used to the feel of those two piece triggers. It's the same reason I didn't care for the S&W M&P 9mm. I know it's nit picky, but I just don't care for the feel.

Didn't notice it at all; however, I had a Glock previously so I was used to it.

kepp 05-17-2011 05:31 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Here's a couple pics of my Sig 556 with the Lucid red dot I got. I tried to get one looking down the sight...

TrebMaxx 05-17-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7645449)
Here's a couple pics of my Sig 556 with the Lucid red dot I got. I tried to get one looking down the sight...

:thumb:

Frazod 05-17-2011 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7645449)

Nice. Did you get one of the magnifiers? If you get the 3x, remember, you need to get either the rather pricey mount on the Lucid sight, or a tall mount. FYI, Primary Arms has a tall flip to the side mount that SHOULD work (because the standard one was too short). Here's the link.

http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=220

Personally, I found the 3x to be too bulky and the extra 1x magnification really didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Having a standard AR, mounting it would have been a bit of a pain as well, since I would have to put the sight so far forward to accommodate the 3x magnifier. Of course, with a Sig and its continuous rail you won't have that problem. But I really love the 2x and the fact that it screws in and takes up no rail space at all.

Frazod 05-17-2011 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
As long as we're posting photos, here's my Zombie Killer with its latest mods - the Gunfighter charging handle, Magpul trigger guard and Magpul angled grip. Doesn't work with the bipod, unfortunately, but they're both simple to remove.

The Zombie Killer ejection door should be here tomorrow or Thursday.

And that really should be it for a while. Especially since I've not got a hard on for that Springfield XD. :)

kepp 05-17-2011 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7645498)
Nice. Did you get one of the magnifiers? If you get the 3x, remember, you need to get either the rather pricey mount on the Lucid sight, or a tall mount. FYI, Primary Arms has a tall flip to the side mount that SHOULD work (because the standard one was too short). Here's the link.

http://primaryarms.com/product.sc?pr...categoryId=220

Personally, I found the 3x to be too bulky and the extra 1x magnification really didn't seem like that big of a deal to me. Having a standard AR, mounting it would have been a bit of a pain as well, since I would have to put the sight so far forward to accommodate the 3x magnifier. Of course, with a Sig and its continuous rail you won't have that problem. But I really love the 2x and the fact that it screws in and takes up no rail space at all.

I decided I'm going to wait for Lucid's 2x-5x variable magnifier. The mount for that one is expensive too - $149

Frazod 05-17-2011 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7645549)
I decided I'm going to wait for Lucid's 2x-5x variable magnifier. The mount for that one is expensive too - $149

That Primary Arms mount should work for that as well, at about a third of the price.

Personally, I'm hoping that they come out with a higher magnification screw in magnifier. I love the convenience of it.

Frazod 05-17-2011 06:30 PM

I'm also glad to see your Lucid sight has that slight obstruction on the left side as well - I sort of wondered if mine was defective or something. Apparently not.

rad 05-17-2011 06:32 PM

That SA XD looks sweet......That may have to be my "Rebound" piece after some lowlife scumbag stole my Glock 19 9mm out of my truck a couple months ago. I'm almost over it.

Frazod 05-17-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad (Post 7645569)
That SA XD looks sweet......That may have to be my "Rebound" piece after some lowlife scumbag stole my Glock 19 9mm out of my truck a couple months ago. I'm almost over it.

I'd take that over a Glock any day.

kepp 05-18-2011 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7645564)
I'm also glad to see your Lucid sight has that slight obstruction on the left side as well - I sort of wondered if mine was defective or something. Apparently not.

Yeah, that kind of surprised me. I didn't see anyone else mention it in any reviews so I assumed it was normal. I guess you get used to it after a while.

Dunit35 05-18-2011 07:28 AM

I shot my buddies Springfield xd 40 the other day. Put 6/7 rounds in the first two circles from 15 yards out. That gun is a sweet accurate shooting gun. Too bad it's $100-125 out of my range.

Frazod 05-18-2011 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7646391)
I shot my buddies Springfield xd 40 the other day. Put 6/7 rounds in the first two circles from 15 yards out. That gun is a sweet accurate shooting gun. Too bad it's $100-125 out of my range.

I think I'm going to start squirreling away a little cash every month in a gun fund for the XD, and hope that when I have enough Bud's will still have that $465 deal. I'll stick with the 9mm, though. I've already got my 40 cal home defender in the HK.

Frazod 05-18-2011 11:34 PM

Tip for the day for AR guys - if you ever, ever, EVER plan on removing the tiny, tiny, TINY little goddamn clip that secures the goddamn rod that connects your goddamn ejection port cover, make goddamn sure you are someplace where it won't get lost when it pops off and goes flying - like, for instance, right in the middle of the enormous mass of 20+ cords and cables behind your computer desk and TV.

I literally just spent an hour and a half taking everything connected to my computer, modem, Xbox and half the stuff going to the TV apart, searching (eventually successfully, thank God) for the clip, and then putting everything back together, concluding my efforts about five minutes ago.

Holy shit. Holy ****ing shit. Brutal. I could drink half a bottle of scotch right now I'm so jacked up.

At least I found it.

:cuss:

Frazod 05-19-2011 06:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Done with the ejection port cover replacement. It was a pain in the ass, but the end result is pretty cool.

LiveSteam 05-19-2011 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7650806)
Done with the ejection port cover replacement. It was a pain in the ass, but the end result is pretty cool.

Its awesome.
I had the same thing happen with the trigger spring on my

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...lerAndBurr.jpg

I had the brass frame in the vice on my Milling machine. Had the spring in place & was just trying to catch a thread with the screw that holds it all together.
PING! Sucker flew across the shop right into a big pile of scrap metal. Never to be found.

Frazod 05-19-2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 7650828)
Its awesome.
I had the same thing happen with the trigger spring on my

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/...lerAndBurr.jpg

I had the brass frame in the vice on my Milling machine. Had the spring in place & was just trying to catch a thread with the screw that holds it all together.
PING! Sucker flew across the shop right into a big pile of scrap metal. Never to be found.

Ouch. At least I found mine. I don't even want to think about how pissed I would have been if I hadn't.

Dunit35 05-19-2011 08:43 PM

Dear frazod, shot 4/6 in the middle/outter middle from 25 yards with the springfield xd 40 today. I am in love.

Frazod 05-19-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7651144)
Dear frazod, shot 4/6 in the middle/outter middle from 25 yards with the springfield xd 40 today. I am in love.

Nice. It's getting harder and harder pass up getting one.

Dunit35 05-19-2011 11:19 PM

No kidding. I am wanting try the smith and wesson mp40 and the Glock 22 before I decide which one. The XD shoots so good, going to be a tough decision.

rad 05-20-2011 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7646477)
I think I'm going to start squirreling away a little cash every month in a gun fund for the XD, and hope that when I have enough Bud's will still have that $465 deal. I'll stick with the 9mm, though. I've already got my 40 cal home defender in the HK.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7651144)

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7651385)
Nice. It's getting harder and harder pass up getting one.

Ran across this while researching the XD....apparently this guy had a problem with his striker retaining pin on 3 different XD's. Is this guy doing something wrong or just bad luck? Really the only bad review I found:

http://www.christiangunowner.com/springfield_xd.html

kepp 05-20-2011 10:39 AM

I just found a slightly-used Grip Pod (the $150, steel-reinforced version) for $45 at a local shop. I'm pretty pumped to pick it up and put it on tonight. The guy said it looks like new.

kepp 05-20-2011 09:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7652414)
I just found a slightly-used Grip Pod (the $150, steel-reinforced version) for $45 at a local shop. I'm pretty pumped to pick it up and put it on tonight. The guy said it looks like new.

I picked it up after work and slapped it on:

Fish 05-21-2011 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7653969)

$45? That's in great shape.

Very nice... good looking gun..

Frazod 05-21-2011 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 7653969)

That looks great. :thumb:

BigOlChiefsfan 05-21-2011 02:16 PM

For those of you leaving drool-trails about Springfields XD pistols - here's a fairly recent article about some of their recent developments. This 'level of refinement' all came about after I got my .45 model a few years ago. I like that .45acp, but it is a might thickish in the grip. If you've got a small to medium hand, the .45 XD might not be your best bet.

http://www.shootingtimes.com/handgun...809/index.html

Frazod 05-23-2011 11:22 PM

Once again, Bud's drops prices and brings me yet again to the brink of temptation.... :banghead:

$541 for an XDM 9mm compact.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=72142

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...1/72/72142.jpg

Frazod 05-24-2011 11:05 AM

I came thisclose to ordering that XDM just now - unfortunately, Bud's has a week backlog time for processing orders right now, and I wanted it by Friday so I could take it home to Kirksville this weekend. If I could have got it shipped quickly, it would be a done deal, but since there's no hurry now, I'll probably wait until next month and justify it as a birthday present to myself.

Kraus 05-24-2011 11:20 AM

I have the fullsize XDM 9mm. Love it.

Bob Dole 05-27-2011 12:30 PM

Was planning to try to pick up an XD in .40 cal, but just traded an old Colt .357 Trooper Mk III 8" straight across for a Sig 250 Compact with both .40 and .357 modules.

dmahurin 05-27-2011 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7659331)
Once again, Bud's drops prices and brings me yet again to the brink of temptation.... :banghead:

$541 for an XDM 9mm compact.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id=72142

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/i...1/72/72142.jpg

Do it, I love mine. One of my favorite guns.

Frazod 05-27-2011 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmahurin (Post 7666545)
Do it, I love mine. One of my favorite guns.

It's just a matter of time. Bud's is dropping prices on several different models, too. I'll get one at some point next month.

Dunit35 06-10-2011 07:08 PM

Nobody has any good gun stories lately?

I'm trying to sell a pistol, is it safe to put it in the local classifieds? I don't want to sell it to someone I don't know, they could be a felon, etc.

If we can sell the gun, we are upgrading to a Smith and Wesson M&P 40 and getting my wife a Smith and Wesson SD 40.

LiveSteam 06-10-2011 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7690573)
Nobody has any good gun stories lately?

I'm trying to sell a pistol, is it safe to put it in the local classifieds? I don't want to sell it to someone I don't know, they could be a felon, etc.

If we can sell the gun, we are upgrading to a Smith and Wesson M&P 40 and getting my wife a Smith and Wesson SD 40.

To purchase a hand gun hear in Nebraska. One needs a Nebraska hand gun purchase permit. That can only be obtained at the local sheriffs department.
Not sure what your laws are in Oklahoma, but your local sheriffs department can tell you what you need to obtain from a potential buyer.

PS yes I have a new bad! story. My 1847 Colt Walker had a chain fire, Memorial weekend. First chain fire ever. 1000s & 1000s of rounds shot out of my black powder revolvers. This is the first chain fire. I think a spark made its way to a cap on the nipple & set off the first chamber to the left. knocked the wedge lose & scared the hell out of me. Lesson learned? dont put # 11 caps on #10 nipples.

Dunit35 06-10-2011 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 7690577)
To purchase a hand gun hear in Nebraska. One needs a Nebraska hand gun purchase permit. That can only be obtained at the local sheriffs department.
Not sure what your laws are in Oklahoma, but your local sheriffs department can tell you what you need to obtain from a potential buyer.

It's a good thing I work for the sheriffs department. I'll ask my boss on monday.

I'm assuming the Sheriffs department would run a background check on the guy before giving the buyer a permit?

LiveSteam 06-10-2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7690579)
It's a good thing I work for the sheriffs department. I'll ask my boss on monday.

I'm assuming the Sheriffs department would run a background check on the guy before giving the buyer a permit?

Up here, that is exactly what it is. a back ground check.

Frazod 06-10-2011 08:02 PM

Still haven't got the XDM. Perhaps the end of the month.

I did finally get a 5X magnifier and the appropriate flip-to-the-side mount to work with my Lucid sight. Not sure when I'm going to get to a range again, though. I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow and the weather's supposed to suck all weekend long anyway.

Dunit35 06-10-2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 7690582)
Up here, that is exactly what it is. a back ground check.

Well, it doesn't look like they need a permit. I just have to make a receipt showing transfer.

Dunit35 06-10-2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7690615)

I did finally get a 5X magnifier and the appropriate flip-to-the-side mount to work with my Lucid sight. Not sure when I'm going to get to a range again, though. I've got a wedding to go to tomorrow and the weather's supposed to suck all weekend long anyway.

I was talking to a range instructor yesterday and he was saying many of departments are switching to the Smith and Wesson M&P from the Glock, saying they are more accurate than the Glock.

Side note: most accurate handgun I've shot so far was the XD40.

LiveSteam 06-10-2011 08:33 PM

I shot a Desert Eagle for the first time Memorial weekend.in 357 mag.
Taurus judge in 45 long colt-410 buck shot, nice HD gun for a lady
A micro desert eagle in 380. very uncomfortable. just to lil.
The 357 D-eagle was out standing on clay targets out past 75 yards. quick on follow up shots
Would really like to own one some day.

Dunit35 06-10-2011 10:16 PM

I could have and should have shot a full auto 1928 Thompson and MP40 yesterday.

$20 rental
$15 a 50 rnd box ammo.

I could have burned through a hundred dollars in seconds.

rad 06-11-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 7690615)

I finally went out and bought the XD-9 a couple weeks ago. The M (match) model looks a little too aggressive for my taste, although the nicer trigger and match bbl would be nice. Shoots real nice. I scored a Lasermax guide rod laser for it on Ebay for 88 bucks shipped (open box item) and a set of used Trijicon night sights for 43 bucks that the gunsmith is putting on for me right now. He said I may get it back within a couple weeks; he was cranking out a shitload of Uzi barrels when I dropped it off, said he was a few months behind and he'd get to it when he had a chance. I may fire him and pick it up early and have the sights mounted somewhere else because I didn't get a chance to shoot it with the new laser. I figure I'm already ahead of the game as far as upgrades go.

driver2 06-11-2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7691015)
I could have and should have shot a full auto 1928 Thompson and MP40 yesterday.

$20 rental
$15 a 50 rnd box ammo.

I could have burned through a hundred dollars in seconds.

You should have fired both.
the mp40 is actually a very good weapon it has enough barrel length the let the 9mm develop velocity that makes it an adequate caliber, if you ever have the chance to fire a Swedish K, do so you'll like it.
The thompson is the ONE. Nothing better for short range max firepower. CQB or heavy foilage there is nothing better. Be prepaed though even with a compensator she'll beat you up if you don't control your ROF.:thumb:

Dunit35 06-11-2011 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by driver2 (Post 7691563)
You should have fired both.
the mp40 is actually a very good weapon it has enough barrel length the let the 9mm develop velocity that makes it an adequate caliber, if you ever have the chance to fire a Swedish K, do so you'll like it.
The thompson is the ONE. Nothing better for short range max firepower. CQB or heavy foilage there is nothing better. Be prepaed though even with a compensator she'll beat you up if you don't control your ROF.:thumb:

Yeah, I kick myself for not spending the money.

If everything goes right with my wifes credentials (military, illegal to photocopy her ID). We are hoping budspolicesupply accepts her earnings statement and military email address as credentials. On Monday We will be buying her a Smith and Wesson M&P9 and I will be buying myself a Smith and Wesson M&P 40 pro for an on duty weapon. Mine already has night sights and hers has a front night sight.

Together, the guns will cost around $970 from buds. Her military discount saves us around $120. With the selling of 2 guns, rebates and money I already had tucked away for this we will only have to cut a check for $136. Pretty badass. Hoping it works out.

BigOlChiefsfan 06-12-2011 08:54 AM

Good luck on that. Bud's are usually good folks, I think I've bought 4 guns from them so far. If it comes down to it, remind them there are a lot of customer eyes on this deal.

Dunit35 06-12-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan (Post 7692733)
Good luck on that. Bud's are usually good folks, I think I've bought 4 guns from them so far. If it comes down to it, remind them there are a lot of customer eyes on this deal.

Yeah, I don't know what kind of military credentials they want when copying your military ID is illegal.

Frazod 06-12-2011 01:38 PM

I guess one thing I forgot to mention was firing the AR with the compensator. Almost no kick at all, but the damn thing sounds like a shotgun now. I actually had to get better ear plugs the second day we went shooting. Damn. :D

Dunit35 06-13-2011 05:53 PM

Hell yeah, just bought this bad boy today. We are also using my wifes military discount, dropping the price $50.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/19524

We also tried to buy the M&P 9 for her, but they sold out on their police website last night.

I'm trying to talk her into buying this bad boy and it's only $20 more than the M&P 9.

http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...products_id/39

Thoughts? The handle seems kind of long on the Springfield though.

HonestChieffan 06-13-2011 06:41 PM

I bought a Remington Nylon 66 at an auction Saturday. Not a flashy deal but it was a cool gun when it came out at like $69 bucks. I was a kid then. I bought a savage anchutz as my first 22 but i always wanted a Nylon 66.

Little things can have meaning. I got the bastard and its a sweet little shooter. I paid $240 and don't care.

LiveSteam 06-13-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 7696120)
I bought a Remington Nylon 66 at an auction Saturday. Not a flashy deal but it was a cool gun when it came out at like $69 bucks. I was a kid then. I bought a savage anchutz as my first 22 but i always wanted a Nylon 66.

Little things can have meaning. I got the bastard and its a sweet little shooter. I paid $240 and don't care.

Nice score.Nylon 66 are awesome lil 22s
Is it a Mohawk 66? I have a 1970 Rem Mohawk 600 in 223. far & away my most prized carbine.
The nylons & Mohawks both have quite the cult following with collectors.

The nylon Mohawk 66
http://picturearchive.auctionarms.co...thumbnail1.jpg

& the big brother Rem Mohawk 600
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j1...g?t=1268269871

Aint they pretttttttttttttttttttty

rad 06-13-2011 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunit35 (Post 7695985)
Hell yeah, just bought this bad boy today. We are also using my wifes military discount, dropping the price $50.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...ducts_id/19524

We also tried to buy the M&P 9 for her, but they sold out on their police website last night.

I'm trying to talk her into buying this bad boy and it's only $20 more than the M&P 9.

http://www.budspolicesupply.com/cata...products_id/39

Thoughts? The handle seems kind of long on the Springfield though.

See my post a few spots above........I didn't really touch too much on how it shoots in that post though. I put 150 rounds through it after I got it and tried to make it jam but it went bang every time. I emptied a 10 round magazine in 3 seconds smooth as a gravy sandwich. It has a kinda high bore axis that takes some getting used to, but not an major obstacle. Trigger isn't the smoothest I've felt, but pretty good. Takedown is easy, but you have to pull the trigger to do so. I don't really like that, but it is what it is. The grip safety is barely noticeable and a cool safety feature.

Mine came with a Kydex holster and dual mag holster and loader gizmo (I think all XD's do) If you go for the XDM, the differences are worth the extra cost IMO (trigger, barrel, 19 rd mags) if you like that aggressive look. I personally don't like it's looks, but even if I did, my state only allows me to have 10 rd mags, and the only XDM you can get under those guidelines is 45 cal. Good luck.

HonestChieffan 06-13-2011 07:02 PM

Its the basic Mohawk Brown Nylon 66 .22. I sighted it in Saturday afternoon...pretty sweet with basic open sights Should be a turtle killer.

Dunit35 06-13-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rad (Post 7696189)
See my post a few spots above........I didn't really touch too much on how it shoots in that post though. I put 150 rounds through it after I got it and tried to make it jam but it went bang every time. I emptied a 10 round magazine in 3 seconds smooth as a gravy sandwich. It has a kinda high bore axis that takes some getting used to, but not an major obstacle. Trigger isn't the smoothest I've felt, but pretty good. Takedown is easy, but you have to pull the trigger to do so. I don't really like that, but it is what it is. The grip safety is barely noticeable and a cool safety feature.

Mine came with a Kydex holster and dual mag holster and loader gizmo (I think all XD's do) If you go for the XDM, the differences are worth the extra cost IMO (trigger, barrel, 19 rd mags) if you like that aggressive look. I personally don't like it's looks, but even if I did, my state only allows me to have 10 rd mags, and the only XDM you can get under those guidelines is 45 cal. Good luck.

Thanks,

It's either the XD or the Smith and Wesson SD40. The SD is $320 with military and the XD is $420 with military.

LiveSteam 06-13-2011 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 7696191)
Its the basic Mohawk Brown Nylon 66 .22. I sighted it in Saturday afternoon...pretty sweet with basic open sights Should be a turtle killer.

Oh ya good lil frog flipper to

The grand daddy of both Mohawks. very space age for its time.The rem 600 with the vent rib.
http://gastatic.com/UserImages/10187...wm_2909143.jpg

yes im a 600 junk-E

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2523/rem66gh5.jpg

BAD ASS! ^

WV 06-13-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 7696120)

I have a friend who swears by their accuracy and there's been one in the corner of my Mom's room ever since I can remember. It's "her" only gun and it's a REM black nylon with Stainless barrel.

HonestChieffan 06-13-2011 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WVChiefFan (Post 7696266)
I have a friend who swears by their accuracy and there's been one in the corner of my Mom's room ever since I can remember. It's "her" only gun and it's a REM black nylon with Stainless barrel.

THOSE are pricey. Give ya 275. I know Im easy but its for yer mom.

WV 06-13-2011 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 7696330)
THOSE are pricey. Give ya 275. I know Im easy but its for yer mom.

I had no clue it was collectable, but I can't see them or me selling it. It has nostalgic value to me even though it's not technically mine as of yet.

Thanks for letting me know it's worth something though!

Dunit35 06-13-2011 10:38 PM

Just finished up our pistol purchases. Bought my wife a S&W SD40. I hope the trigger pull isn't outrageous. After rebates, past gun sales, spending 12 hours doing security work and a 8-10 week wait for our rebates, the two guns will cost us around $3.

Pumped right now.

Frazod 06-13-2011 11:32 PM

Damn you guys. Now I have to go test fire that S&W. :cuss:

HonestChieffan 06-15-2011 04:05 PM

Remington 1100 , Classic Gun, Great lines

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-UIMJP9q_uG...onus%2BJ15.jpg