ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

Sure-Oz 02-06-2008 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman
Toshiba isn't going down without a fight. They did the huge price cuts and a lot of stores are having trouble keeping them in stock. HD DVD will still probably lose, but it will be a little while before the fat lady sings.

ive stopped buying hd dvds for them, unless there is a reduced price on some movies. Most of the good movies are all on BR anyway

Bump 02-06-2008 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye
They shouldn't. I've replaced mine twice through them. The only stip. is that it has to show the problem when they hook it up there. So if you have the rings, it should show up.

well what's strange is, I was playing COD4 and it froze up and then I tried to restart it and the 3 red rings appeared. I turned it off for a bit and popped in a different game and it worked. Then I tried COD4 again, and it won't play the multiplayer. It will get to an online match and as soon as it starts it freezes. So far the red lights haven't appeared again, but COD4 is definately unplayable. So I may be out of luck if I took it to best buy now.

Swanman 02-06-2008 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump
well what's strange is, I was playing COD4 and it froze up and then I tried to restart it and the 3 red rings appeared. I turned it off for a bit and popped in a different game and it worked. Then I tried COD4 again, and it won't play the multiplayer. It will get to an online match and as soon as it starts it freezes. So far the red lights haven't appeared again, but COD4 is definately unplayable. So I may be out of luck if I took it to best buy now.

If Best Buy are pricks about it, you can always contact Microsoft to replace/repair it. All consoles sold have a 3-year warranty for free because of the huge failure rate (it's safe to say that a majority, if not all, consoles sold at launch failed at some point, some people have been through six consoles). Microsoft will pay for the shipping back and forth so it's completely free, it just may take a few weeks.

Dayze 02-06-2008 08:31 PM

anyone ever experience this:

played NCAA 08 FB and shut down around 11pm; next day, went to play again around 3pm; ....no ring of light; no power light on the console etc. Zero green lights typically seen when the console is on. however, the game and audio still showing up in HD. I figure, "ok...not that big of deal"

but then, I can not connect my controller; at all. Put brand new batteries in etc. Nothing.

I installed a new Sony hometheater w/ wireless rear speakers via IR from the last time I played until I tried again. Unplugged my surge protector during installation etc.. X-box has worked fine even with a 2.4Ghz wireless router within 3' for about 10 months; then all of a sudden it goes tits up.

Contacted x-box etc....they said they'd send me a box to send it in for repairs. Just curious; could an over-saturation of RF signals lead to this? I hooked the console up to our bedroom TV tonight to see if it was the RF over-saturation etc; but still couldn't connect to the console.

The only thing i haven't done is try to connect a differnt controller to it; but I think it's moot; given no ring of light on console; not even a green light indicating the power is on, despite the game showing up on the TV.

Just curious if anyone had experienced this. I'm planning on moving my router upstairs out of the cave the the replaced/refurbished console comes back. Zero problems so far wth the 360 - I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. Otherwise I'm going to PS3.

QuikSsurfer 02-06-2008 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
I got Overlord for Christmas and started playing it over the weekend. One of the more unique games I've played in a while. And definitely one of the most fun.

Other games (cough, Dungeon Keeper, cough) have tried to turn the RPF around and have you take the role of the villain instead of the hero, but none of them have been nearly as engaging. Nice balance of evil mayhem and flat-out humor - whether it's killing cute, cuddly halflings or your minions putting pumpkins on their heads as helmets. Speaking of minions - is that the coolest game mechanic ever? I think it might be.

I know i'm not alone when i tell you that i LOVE hearing the miniors say "FOR THE MASTA" "TREASURE".
I love the mechanics but it got to be slightly frustrating in the elf forest when you have to move them up roots while avoiding water. I lost so many reds that way. oh well, I would've sacrificed them for my health anyways :)
I had to run home to Mississippi - i've been forced to stay a few extra days and i'm really looking forward to getting back and playing this. I'll try the online portion when i get back.

QuikSsurfer 02-06-2008 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker
to the people that have played overlord: is there a way to set 2 waypoints for one group of minions? if I want to put 2 groups of reds in 2 spots, how do I do that?

only one stand point per group.

Fishpicker 02-06-2008 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer
only one stand point per group.

thanks.

Fishpicker 02-06-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

I know i'm not alone when i tell you that i LOVE hearing the miniors say "FOR THE MASTA" "TREASURE".
I love the mechanics but it got to be slightly frustrating in the elf forest when you have to move them up roots while avoiding water. I lost so many reds that way. oh well, I would've sacrificed them for my health anyways :)
I had to run home to Mississippi - i've been forced to stay a few extra days and i'm really looking forward to getting back and playing this. I'll try the online portion when i get back.

try the "pillage" multiplayer game. I thought that mode was the most fun since you can win by fighting or looting a lot more treasure than the other players.

kcxiv 02-07-2008 03:47 PM

EA Football

Quote:

Madden Lead Producer Leaves EA Tiburon
Will EA's football sim take a step back?
By Bryan Intihar, 02/06/2008
Since making the transition to this round of consoles, EA Sports' Madden NFL football franchise hasn't always looked like a playoff contender. But last year's edition on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 definitely reminded us of the good ol' days, earning high review scores from this here website. So yeah, our expectations are high for the upcoming football season; and we hope a recent departure within EA won't affect how Madden NFL 09 turns out.

We've confirmed that David Ortiz (no, not the Red Sox slugger), the lead producer on the Madden series for the PS3/360 platforms, has left development house EA Tiburon (which makes all of the company's pigskin titles). Our inside sources tell us that Ortiz cited family reasons for his leaving, but we've also heard rumblings that he grew frustrated with the inner workings of the studio. An EA spokesperson sent us this statement concerning the departure: "David's been a valuable part of our team at EA Tiburon, and we wish him the best. Dale Jackson, an EA veteran for more than a decade, continues to lead the Madden NFL development team."

We've also learned that longtime EA Tiburon producer Phil Frazier will take over Ortiz's role and head up development on the prettier versions of Madden. Frazier was a major player in making the series successful during the PS2/XB/GC days, and more recently was involved in NFL Tour's development. Speaking for all football fans, here's to Madden NFL 09 ending up looking more like Frazier's earlier works.

Maybe they can actually start making a football game thats worth playing.

Adept Havelock 02-07-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv
Maybe they can actually start making a football game thats worth playing.

I doubt it. If they could do that, they would not have needed to spend the cash on an exclusive license just to kill a competitor that was producing one.

Kraus 02-08-2008 12:44 AM

Hopefully there won't be a NFL exclusive license here in a few years. Somebody has to realize that competition helps make better games.

kcxiv 02-08-2008 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adept Havelock
I doubt it. If they could do that, they would not have needed to spend the cash on an exclusive license just to kill a competitor that was producing one.

I doubt it to, but imo competition brings or at least should bring out the best in the companies. Thank god we only have 1 more year of this exclusive bullshit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus
Hopefully there won't be a NFL exclusive license here in a few years. Somebody has to realize that competition helps make better games.

Its over after next years game i beleive. Rumor has it the NFL is not going to seek the exclusive this time around. By then the Chiefs should be a pretty good team. I am a online player and me playing 2k10 online with the Chiefs would be good. Playing with the Chiefs in 2k5 was fun, but my god did the defense suck on there.

htismaqe 02-08-2008 07:03 AM

If there even IS a 2K10.

Skyy God 02-08-2008 11:11 AM

I just signed on to Live for the first time last night... everything was impressive except for the caliber of play (COD2, TDM). I hadn't played this game since May 2006 and I was still the high scorer in every game where I didn't have to play as an American (hate the BAR, 20 rounds isn't enough).

Who plays COD2, and what's your handle? I'm debating between Chest Rockwell and Cannon Fragger.

Also, it reinforced the fact that I really need to bite the bullet and get COD4.

kcxiv 02-08-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

If there even IS a 2K10.

Why wouldnt there be one of they get the NFL license? Football is a money maker in the industry. Hell they are getting their hands on a boxing game now days.

htismaqe 02-08-2008 09:04 PM

Quote:

Why wouldnt there be one of they get the NFL license? Football is a money maker in the industry. Hell they are getting their hands on a boxing game now days.

I'm stoked their doing a boxing game, but I'm pretty apprehensive that they're using the same team that put out the awful Rocky game.

As for pro football, there's been alot of talk that they're done with it - 2K8 just didn't generate the revenue they needed it to. They're not gonna be able to afford the NFL license if and when it comes due. Hell, they had to get Don freaking King to endorse their boxing game...

kcxiv 02-08-2008 09:22 PM

Why wont they be able to afford it? they have in the past. Hell, they even were able to sell the game at 20 bucks. They have already went on record saying they are going to pursue the license to make a game. The NFL isnt going to cut the exclusive just so EA can still make the game and no one else will. Then we got GTIV dropping sioon. Thats going to bring in the big bucks. All owned by Take Two Interactive. 2k sports has even said they were going to make a 2k9, and they would make a price adjustment and add more features. While they game didnt sell great, it still sold well over 200k copies for a non NFL game.

QuikSsurfer 02-14-2008 02:55 PM

Vigilante 8 is coming to XBLA :)

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/852/852253p1.html

Activision announced today that the next installment in the classic vehicular combat series, Vigilante 8 will be coming to Xbox Live Arcade in the form of Vigilante 8: Arcade.

From the game's website: "V8: Arcade is a brand new re-imagining of the original themes and gameplay, engineered from the ground up for today's hardware by the original founders of Luxoflux and V8 developers."
The original was released in 1998 on the PlayStation and later spawned a version on the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy Color. A sequel called Vigilante 8: Second Offense was released a year later for the Dreamcast, Playstation and Nintendo 64. This latest Vigilante 8 incarnation will be a reimagining of both games.

Isopod Labs, a new development studio founded in January 2007, will be handling development on Vigilante 8: Arcade. The core team charged with bringing the series to XBLA includes Peter Morawiec, Adrian Stephens and Cary Hara; the same trio that helmed the original game's development at Luxoflux.

Kraus 02-14-2008 03:15 PM

Quote:

Why wont they be able to afford it? they have in the past. Hell, they even were able to sell the game at 20 bucks. They have already went on record saying they are going to pursue the license to make a game. The NFL isnt going to cut the exclusive just so EA can still make the game and no one else will. Then we got GTIV dropping sioon. Thats going to bring in the big bucks. All owned by Take Two Interactive. 2k sports has even said they were going to make a 2k9, and they would make a price adjustment and add more features. While they game didnt sell great, it still sold well over 200k copies for a non NFL game.

Well, all hope is lost until 2013 since EA signed an extension of the exclusive license.

F*** EA.

htismaqe 02-14-2008 03:33 PM

Quote:

Too bad the board was down. I'm sure you've been reading all the threads over at OS.

They definitely had a chance, even if it was small, of releasing 2009 to bridge the gap until they could bid on the license.

Now that it's wrapped up for another 5 years, there's no hope of that.

They've got a choice now - release a generic game and let us customize (or not customize, which is what I want) or just forget the whole deal.

kcxiv 02-14-2008 03:36 PM

I really do hope they say **** the NFL and let you go fully customizable. I am a online player, so i would be curious as to how they online would work. 2k sports is usually hush hush about every damned thing until the very last moment so we wont know anything about what they are going to do.

Its just a sad thing to happen for gamers though. It really is. EA has 0 motivation to seriously improve the game. All they do is throw worthless little features while not addressing the gameplay issues very much. Then again, they wont address them until people stop buying the ****ing game.

htismaqe 02-14-2008 03:50 PM

If they went completely generic, I'd be great with that.

Honestly, one of the reasons I play NCAA is because I like to play with small schools that I know very little about. It's easier to get into the game - ie. fantasy games are more fun than true "sims".

QuikSsurfer 02-14-2008 04:50 PM

Anyone have Fight Night Round 3?
just picked it up and i'm getting SMOKED!!

any tips for n00bs?

JBucc 02-14-2008 05:47 PM

Quote:

Anyone have Fight Night Round 3?
just picked it up and i'm getting SMOKED!!

any tips for n00bs?

I have it but I am no good. I went online a few times and never made it out of the first round.

Bump 02-14-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Third Eye
They shouldn't. I've replaced mine twice through them. The only stip. is that it has to show the problem when they hook it up there. So if you have the rings, it should show up.

yup, not problem whatsoever. They didn't even hook it up and test it. Plus I got a free arcade disc that I didn't have before. I was impressed with Best Buy on that one.

QuikSsurfer 02-14-2008 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBucc
I have it but I am no good. I went online a few times and never made it out of the first round.

i won my first online game.. my opponent elbowed me and was disqualified

kcxiv 02-14-2008 06:45 PM

Hehe, i would force mines into a redring if they tried to be bitches about it. lol

Skyy God 02-15-2008 12:54 PM

UP, when you get a chance could you please add me to the list.

http://card.mygamercard.net/Cannon+Fragger.png

COD4 is like the love child of my previous two favorites, CS:S and COD2. I can't wait to unlock the P90.

htismaqe 02-15-2008 02:03 PM

FNR3 was disappointing for me.

Fun game, but not realistic at all.

If you're trying to use the thumbsticks, don't bother. Button mashing (unfortunately) works much better.

QuikSsurfer 02-15-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie
UP, when you get a chance could you please add me to the list.

http://card.mygamercard.net/Cannon+Fragger.png

COD4 is like the love child of my previous two favorites, CS:S and COD2. I can't wait to unlock the P90.

the P90 with doubletap perk is almost unfair :)

Skyy God 02-15-2008 03:36 PM

Quote:

the P90 with doubletap perk is almost unfair :)

Isn't it a fast gun already, or at least faster than the MP5? I'd think stopping power would be a better match.

The Martyrdom perk is the one of the gayest things I've ever seen in a shooter.

QuikSsurfer 02-15-2008 03:53 PM

Quote:

Isn't it a fast gun already, or at least faster than the MP5? I'd think stopping power would be a better match.

The Martyrdom perk is the one of the gayest things I've ever seen in a shooter.

quickest fire rate of any gun in the game.. trust me, more bullets - more damage.

Skyy God 02-15-2008 04:19 PM

Quote:

quickest fire rate of any gun in the game.. trust me, more bullets - more damage.

What tier 3 perk do you match it with?

After playing the game a few times at a friends, I thought the SAW was teh coolest. It didn't take very many online games to prove that theory wrong.

QuikSsurfer 02-15-2008 04:23 PM

Quote:

What tier 3 perk do you match it with?

After playing the game a few times at a friends, I thought the SAW was teh coolest. It didn't take very many online games to prove that theory wrong.

for my p90 setup ** bandolier - doubletap - deep impact

my primary class is with the G36C ** bandolier - stopping power - extreme conditioning

Skyy God 02-15-2008 04:34 PM

Quote:

my primary class is with the G36C ** bandolier - stopping power - extreme conditioning

Yet another gun I want. The lower assault rifles (M16, AK, G3, M4) don't do anything for me. What's the best game to gain XP? I'm at 31 right now and mostly play Domination.

Fishpicker 02-15-2008 04:46 PM

Mini-Uzi w/Silencer

Bandolier
Sleight of hand
Steady Aim

^^^Great Vacant kit.

HC_Chief 02-15-2008 04:50 PM

Quote:

FNR3 was disappointing for me.

Fun game, but not realistic at all.

If you're trying to use the thumbsticks, don't bother. Button mashing (unfortunately) works much better.

Whoa there.... button mashers will get their ass handed to them by anyone even remotely competent with the thumbsticks. I was able to kick the hell out of the CPU using button-mashing, then went to a FN3 tourney & got schooled by a n00b who used the sticks. I could hit him a lot more times, but with nowhere the same amount of power. When his punches landed they did a lot more damage. Since that night I have used the sticks & found them to be the way to go.

QuikSsurfer 02-15-2008 05:39 PM

Quote:

Yet another gun I want. The lower assault rifles (M16, AK, G3, M4) don't do anything for me. What's the best game to gain XP? I'm at 31 right now and mostly play Domination.

depending on your skill - search and destroy can be great help in building xp.. you have to stay alive though :)

htismaqe 02-15-2008 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief
Whoa there.... button mashers will get their ass handed to them by anyone even remotely competent with the thumbsticks. I was able to kick the hell out of the CPU using button-mashing, then went to a FN3 tourney & got schooled by a n00b who used the sticks. I could hit him a lot more times, but with nowhere the same amount of power. When his punches landed they did a lot more damage. Since that night I have used the sticks & found them to be the way to go.

My experience was exactly the opposite. I started with the thumbsticks and after about 40 matches in single player found the difficulty to be too great to continue. I played a few online matches and a few games with friends, got whipped, and switched to buttons.

I cruised through single player (1 loss) and never lost a game against my buddies after that.

KcMizzou 02-15-2008 08:56 PM

I bought Lost Odyssey today. I'm only about two hours in. It's a beautiful game.

Linear, turn-based RPGs don't seem to be very popular anymore, but I love 'em. This is a Final Fantasy game through and through. The only thing it's missing is the name.

Don't get it if you don't like cut scenes. Like the recent FF games, you'll spend a lot of time watching them. Luckily the voice acting seems really solid.

So far so good. It beats the hell out of Blue Dragon and (especially) Enchanted Arms, anyway.

Fishpicker 02-15-2008 09:50 PM

Quote:

just wait till you try the M14, it has a lot of power. I put a silencer on it just to reduce recoil. it still has 2-hit-lethality with a silencer.

FFA is the quickest way to amass XP. just get on a roll early and try to maintain. 300 - 700 XP per game

unothadeal 02-15-2008 10:46 PM

Got the dreaded three red lights tonight. Gonna take it in on Sunday. How long does it usually take to fix or are they just gonna give me a new one?

007 02-15-2008 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Limpdick
Got the dreaded three red lights tonight. Gonna take it in on Sunday. How long does it usually take to fix or are they just gonna give me a new one?

Just curious, how long have you owned it?

Ceej 02-15-2008 11:03 PM

I like the p90. I usually use the Colt, M16 or AK. The only thing that really urks me while playing COD4 is that it seems like there's no skill whatsoever when using a certain gun. I'm an old CS nut and some of those guns took some skill. Obviously, I feel pretty dirty using the p90 because it's a great spray gun.

unothadeal 02-15-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru
Just curious, how long have you owned it?

August 06

Fishpicker 02-15-2008 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles
I like the p90. I usually use the Colt, M16 or AK. The only thing that really urks me while playing COD4 is that it seems like there's no skill whatsoever when using a certain gun. I'm an old CS nut and some of those guns took some skill. Obviously, I feel pretty dirty using the p90 because it's a great spray gun.

i really miss the IDF Defender, AKA the IMI Galil. the one thing I dislike about CoD4 is that all the guns "feel" the same. CoD4 only has one legitimate battle rifle (m14) the rest of the ARs are knockoffs of one another.

Kclee 02-16-2008 11:53 AM

Fishpicker 02-16-2008 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclee
If you are using the uzi or MP5, instead of bandolier equip the M9 handgun. They use the same ammo so it's like a mini bandolier.

nice! I hadn't noticed since i put the 1911 in every kit. I still need a bandolier though, I burn through the ammo fast with the uzi

Redcoats58 02-17-2008 07:02 AM

Any UFC fans see this?

It would be nice if it played like this, it looks awesome.

<div><object width="420" height="257"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2iw68&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2iw68&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="257" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iw68_ufc-video-game-e3-2007_sport">UFC video game E3 2007</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/bawzz">bawzz</a></i></div>

KcMizzou 02-17-2008 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcoats58 (Post 4589072)
Any UFC fans see this?

Wow, that does look cool. Is this the first UFC game? If so, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

As a side note... Lost Odyssey is really, really good. Better than the reviews it's been getting. I'm about 12 hours in now. Anyone who likes JRPGs and doesn't mind the old turn based RPG style should definitely pick it up. I'm enjoying is nearly as much as I enjoyed Mass Effect... it's right up there, IMO.

Fishpicker 02-17-2008 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 4589271)
Wow, that does look cool. Is this the first UFC game? If so, I'm surprised it hasn't been done before.

As a side note... Lost Odyssey is really, really good. Better than the reviews it's been getting. I'm about 12 hours in now. Anyone who likes JRPGs and doesn't mind the old turn based RPG style should definitely pick it up. I'm enjoying is nearly as much as I enjoyed Mass Effect... it's right up there, IMO.

the first one was released on dreamcast. updated versions came out for ps2 and xbox but they were basically the same game. I hope they scrapped the entire game engine and started over, it was more stale than Madden's gameplay. the graphics look great though.

kcxiv 02-18-2008 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redcoats58 (Post 4589072)
Any UFC fans see this?

<div><object width="420" height="257"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2iw68&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x2iw68&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="257" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2iw68_ufc-video-game-e3-2007_sport">UFC video game E3 2007</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/bawzz">bawzz</a></i></div>

Looks like they are using the new Europhia engine. Its going to be hitting all sports games very soon. Its the same engine that GTAIV is using.

007 02-18-2008 11:27 PM

BluRay add on in 3 months rumored....

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/18/ru...be-out-by-may/

kcxiv 02-18-2008 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 4591485)
BluRay add on in 3 months rumored....

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/02/18/ru...be-out-by-may/

Supposedly they may release a new SKU with the blue ray player inside, but right now its all rumored.

kcxiv 02-19-2008 02:26 AM

http://profile.mygamercard.net/kcxiv

I finally got my first 1000/1000 achievement points in a video game. Go me.

Fishpicker 02-19-2008 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4591627)
http://profile.mygamercard.net/kcxiv

I finally got my first 1000/1000 achievement points in a video game. Go me.

you're ranked 1st out of 39K. GJ! :thumb:

kcxiv 02-19-2008 05:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 4591654)
you're ranked 1st out of 39K. GJ! :thumb:

lol. I didnt even notice that. I think its becuase i was the latest person to 1000/1000 it.

Skyy God 02-19-2008 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 4587533)
depending on your skill - search and destroy can be great help in building xp.. you have to stay alive though :)

What's your K/D ratio? Mine started out really low due to a combination of factors (trying too hard to take flags in Domination, the learning curve on the maps and guns, not playing any FFA) but I'm almost back to 1.

Mr. Plow 02-19-2008 10:32 AM

Just got to level 40 for the first time last night in COD4. I think my K/D ratio is like .60 or something like that. It took me awhile to learn that you don't just run around every corner blindly thinking nobody is there waiting. Plus, I had to learn that you don't throw your grenade and then run into it.

Archie Bunker 02-19-2008 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 4587477)

IMO Headquarters is the best way to get XP. If you are with a good group you can get a lead, stop capturing, and rape anyone that gets close. Usually end up with 35+ kills and 500+ XP plus your match bonus.

Skyy God 02-19-2008 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archie Bunker (Post 4591921)
IMO Headquarters is the best way to get XP. If you are with a good group you can get a lead, stop capturing, and rape anyone that gets close. Usually end up with 35+ kills and 500+ XP plus your match bonus.

I'll have to try HQ, especially after if I opt for Prestige. After a solid weekend of playing, I jumped from 31 to 51, so the problem is moot at this point.

I think the highest Prestige level I've seen thus far is a level 5.

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pittsie (Post 4591887)
What's your K/D ratio? Mine started out really low due to a combination of factors (trying too hard to take flags in Domination, the learning curve on the maps and guns, not playing any FFA) but I'm almost back to 1.

i have 8k kills and 6k deaths.. my ratio rules! 1.37

htismaqe 02-19-2008 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 4591680)
lol. I didnt even notice that. I think its becuase i was the latest person to 1000/1000 it.

I thought it was because you were the official shill of APF2K8.

:thumb:

HC_Chief 02-19-2008 05:05 PM

Burnout: Paradise

Two words: BAD ASS! :thumb:

It took a few minutes to adjust to this one... I'm a huge fan of Burnout: Revenge, and not being able to plow through traffic in Paradise was a little off-putting at first. After a bit of play however, I'm a bigger fan of the new game than I was its predecessor! As you progress, you get better cars; cars that CAN plow through traffic :)

The map is HUGE. It's an open world with no levels. In the same vein as some of the newer Need For Speed series games, you drive around an expansive city/countryside looking for races & challenges. In between the races & challenges there is a lot to see... and crash.

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 4592492)

It took a few minutes to adjust to this one... I'm a huge fan of Burnout: Revenge, and not being able to plow through traffic in Paradise was a little off-putting at first. After a bit of play however, I'm a bigger fan of the new game than I was its predecessor! As you progress, you get better cars; cars that CAN plow through traffic :)

The map is HUGE. It's an open world with no levels. In the same vein as some of the newer Need For Speed series games, you drive around an expansive city/countryside looking for races & challenges. In between the races & challenges there is a lot to see... and crash.

I love this game. I LOVE how seamless you can jump online with two buttons and it will keep you in the same location you were in before jumping online. The microsoft cam adds some fun to it.. haven't had anyone pull the cock out yet, but me so far.

kcxiv 02-19-2008 06:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 4592051)
I thought it was because you were the official shill of APF2K8.

:thumb:

That would be awesome. I do have my 2k pom poms over here. Then again, kick ass games i will back up no problem.

Ceej 02-19-2008 07:12 PM

I don't know what to buy. Currently EBgames is having a small promotion where for every 2 360 games I trade in I get $10 credit. I was in the mall earlier and I would have somewhere around $100 in credit with the promotion and games included.

What should I buy? I've heard good things about Mass Effect and GH3.

The only thing that bothers me about ME is single player campaign and that's it. I'm an XBL nut. I'd also enjoy GH3, but i'm afraid remembering all the buttons would bother me.

Any help?

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4592681)
I don't know what to buy. Currently EBgames is having a small promotion where for every 2 360 games I trade in I get $10 credit. I was in the mall earlier and I would have somewhere around $100 in credit with the promotion and games included.

What should I buy? I've heard good things about Mass Effect and GH3.

The only thing that bothers me about ME is single player campaign and that's it. I'm an XBL nut. I'd also enjoy GH3, but i'm afraid remembering all the buttons would bother me.

Any help?

lol, remembering all the buttons?? There is a whole 5 of them ;) - you'd be fine.

what games do you own now?

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 07:18 PM

this is embarrassing - at GDC
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="http://blip.tv/scripts/flash/showplayer.swf?enablejs=true&feedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbbcnewstechnology%2Eblip%2Etv%2Frss&file=http%3A%2 F%2Fblip%2Etv%2Frss%2Fflash%2F684352&showplayerpath=http%3A%2F%2Fblip%2Etv%2Fscripts%2Fflash%2Fshowp layer%2Eswf" width="400" height="255" allowfullscreen="true" id="showplayer"><param name="movie" value="http://blip.tv/scripts/flash/showplayer.swf?enablejs=true&feedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbbcnewstechnology%2Eblip%2Etv%2Frss&file=http%3A%2 F%2Fblip%2Etv%2Frss%2Fflash%2F684352&showplayerpath=http%3A%2F%2Fblip%2Etv%2Fscripts%2Fflash%2Fshowp layer%2Eswf" /><param name="quality" value="best" /><embed src="http://blip.tv/scripts/flash/showplayer.swf?enablejs=true&feedurl=http%3A%2F%2Fbbcnewstechnology%2Eblip%2Etv%2Frss&file=http%3A%2 F%2Fblip%2Etv%2Frss%2Fflash%2F684352&showplayerpath=http%3A%2F%2Fblip%2Etv%2Fscripts%2Fflash%2Fshowp layer%2Eswf" quality="best" width="400" height="255" name="showplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed></object>

Ceej 02-19-2008 07:18 PM

Well, color scheme and whatnot. It seems nerveracking.

My game list includes:

Monster Madness, CH2k7, CH2k8, NBA2k7, MLB2k7, CoD4, WWE v. Smackdown 08, Dead Rising, Madden 08, Madden 07,

Ceej 02-19-2008 07:26 PM

What about that new Burnout game? Thoughts...

Kraus 02-19-2008 07:30 PM

This is one opinion on it from a little earlier in the thread:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 4592492)

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4592700)
Well, color scheme and whatnot. It seems nerveracking.

My game list includes:

Monster Madness, CH2k7, CH2k8, NBA2k7, MLB2k7, CoD4, WWE v. Smackdown 08, Dead Rising, Madden 08, Madden 07,

If you can play a game without multiplayer - Bioshock is a must have.. there are a number of great games without MP (Oblivion, Mass Effect, Bioshock, etc).
You don't have a racing game.. Burnout Paradise is AMAZING and does have excellent online play.
Do you like first person shooters?

Ceej 02-19-2008 07:40 PM

I love FPS and anything XBL. What sort of things do you do on XBL with Burnout? Is it just one player?

What about Area 51?

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4592744)
I love FPS and anything XBL. What sort of things do you do on XBL with Burnout? Is it just one player?

What about Area 51?

Area 51 Blacksite is shit.. forget about it.
You can have up to 8 people online with Burnout.. you drive around in a HUGE open world. You can create custom challenges or use the preset ones. there is a good review on ign

Ceej 02-19-2008 07:45 PM

So, a buddy of mine and I could go play on XBL? Or, is there two player without XBL? I'm a bit lost, be patient, lol.

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CJizzles (Post 4592752)
So, a buddy of mine and I could go play on XBL? Or, is there two player without XBL? I'm a bit lost, be patient, lol.

i'm not sure if there is split screen play offline... Can anyone confirm this?

QuikSsurfer 02-19-2008 07:49 PM

Okay, no there is no split screen play

Ceej 02-19-2008 07:49 PM

Anyway, heading off to EB now. May purchase ME, or Burnout Paradise. And possibly a Wii game. Be back later with some thoughts.

Demonpenz 02-19-2008 07:56 PM

there was a good ufc game for dreamcast