ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Rasslin is CHA CHA LA..LA,LA,LA,LA,LA (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=171830)

Reaper16 01-29-2008 11:08 PM

"Welcome to Cabo San Lucas, mother****er!"

keg in kc 01-29-2008 11:09 PM

All-in-all, excluding the fast-forward over the lost minutes known as the "diva segment" that was a pretty solid ECW.

Although I'm mixed on Colin Delaney. I'm not sure I liked the tease of him beating M&M, and I don't like Tommy Dreamer coming out.

Reaper16 01-29-2008 11:14 PM

Basically, I want to see more Kofi Kingston. An Elijah Burke/Kofi Kingston program would give me a stiffy.

keg in kc 01-29-2008 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper16
Basically, I want to see more Kofi Kingston. An Elijah Burke/Kofi Kingston program would give me a stiffy.

They need to form a stable and feud with CM Punk and Colt Cabana. Miz and Morrison (or at least Miz) need to disappear.

Reaper16 01-29-2008 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc
They need to form a stable and feud with CM Punk and Colt Cabana.

:drool:

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-30-2008 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca
In fairness the guy is their biggest draw and those guys rarely lose at Mania, faces almost always go over at Mania and top draws as well.

How many times did Hogan do a Mania job?

I like to take shots at Triple H because the guy in all fairness completely bucks things that everyone else went with. Here's an example...an incoming heel champion has only won at Mania 3 times in a mainevent match...H has 2 of those wins...

I've been to shows, Cena is the most over guy out there. He moves the most product he makes them the most money, so apparently a good majority of their audience doesn't reject him. He usually only gets that reaction in the smarky towns who think it's cool to boo the face wrestler.

I'm not even a Cena fan but he shouldn't be jobbing very often. His counterparts are Randy Orton who is a younger guy but isn't in his class..and a couple 40 year olds hangin on. Then there's Jericho who the WWE will never push as a top guy...Jeff Hardy who is major over but will probably always be stuck in the between spot and then there's JBL..the fat man titty havin guy that is treated like he was a huge star..that one I don't get.

You're right about Jericho, he's not big enough physically for Vince to ever push as *the* guy. He doesn't have "the look".

However, it's cherrypicking to say that HHH won the ME @ mania twice as a heel, because his match w/ Booker T at WM 19 was far more of a midcard match, and was one of those throwaway PPV matches that the champ needs to build his resume.

Angle-Lesnar, Hogan-Vince, and Rock-Austin were all built bigger and placed better on the card.

No, Cena shouldn't be jobbing often, but he's jobbed clean once in the last, what 4 years?? Hell, even Hogan would lay down for guys from time to time (I believe he was willing to job to the JYD @ one point but was overruled by a booker).

Seriously, he didn't lose clean to Edge when he lost the title (Elim. Chamber), or RVD (Edge). Michaels beat him with the Fluker Kick where he falls unconscious onto Cena, which basically replicates the finish from Rocky II every time.

Hardy shouldn't be champ. I'm sorry. The guy just can't talk at all. At all. It's embarrassing to hear him on the mic. He makes Benoit look like Santino in comparison. His inflection and voice are off the charts awful.

The fact of the matter, is that if they were smart, they'd build Cena and Orton up like Ali-Frazier. They are the two young guys who should be cornerstones of that company. If Cena ME's at 'Mania, it's a huge mistake, because Cena-Orton deserves a 4 month build, not this cobbled together, "Oh, shit WELLNESS" type of build they've done.

Oh, and JBL is the antithesis of Hardy. Slow, prodding, awful in the ring, gold on the mic.

keg in kc 01-30-2008 01:09 AM

It looks like we're going to have the best and worst of chamber matches at no way out:

(this is a spoiler for friday...)

Quote:

Long announced that No Way Out will feature an Elimination Chamber match with Undertaker vs. Batista vs. MVP vs. Finlay vs. Great Khali vs. Big Daddy V to determine who will challenge for the WWE World championship at Wrestlemania 24
Jesus, that just looks brutal.

keg in kc 01-30-2008 01:12 AM

Makes me wonder if we're getting an ECW extreme! elimination chamber.

keg in kc 01-30-2008 01:57 AM

I find this very interesting in the light of the ongoing Cena debate. It's from f4wonline.com:
Quote:

Cena tore his pec muscle completely off the bone on the October 1, 2007 edition of Raw. He was working a main event with Mr. Kennedy and did a routine sit-out hiptoss, and upon landing totally blew out the pec. It was very clear he was hurt as he executed a poor armdrag and immediately began talking to the ref. The decision was made for him to continue the match, which at the time seemed awfully stupid because he could have done even more severe and possibly permanent damage. He finished up with one arm, often using his left arm to hold his right in position (including during the STFU finish), and then afterwards was beaten up and laid out as scheduled by Randy Orton. At first they thought it was an injured shoulder, but then the next day during a visit to James Andrews they determined that he'd torn the pec. Cena had been the longest-reigning champion since Hulk Hogan in the 80s and he very much wanted to drop the belt in the ring at the PPV the following Sunday, but the doctor told him if he wanted it to heal right they had to do surgery immediately.
How ironic is that, if accurate.

keg in kc 01-30-2008 02:10 AM

Possible answer on Phil, too, from the same newsletter:
Quote:

Regarding his loss to Chavo, clean loss to Edge a few days later in the big revenge match, and elimination by Chavo in the Rumble, we're told that Punk is in the dog house of late. The story is that he isn't listening to the agents and his house show matches are considered "indy level sloppy". He's botched a lot of stuff and the agents claim he comes to the back and laughs about it. There also may have been another political issue of some sort recently involving hitting on the wrong person.

Mecca 01-30-2008 02:29 AM

Former TNA star since the company's inception in June 2002, Chris Harris, announced just minutes ago on his website that he has officially signed with WWE.

-- Meltz

Ultra Peanut 01-30-2008 05:29 PM

Okay, I was wrong. Hulk Hogan is awesome.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BEmiavw_-sE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BEmiavw_-sE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

keg in kc 01-30-2008 09:30 PM

God I hope they don't kill this angle:
Quote:

- Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney vs. The Miz & John Morrison has been announced for next week's ECW On Sci-Fi from Corpus Christi, Texas.

Swanman 01-30-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

God I hope they don't kill this angle:

Tommy Dreamer & Colin Delaney vs. The Miz & John Morrison has been announced for next week's ECW On Sci-Fi from Corpus Christi, Texas.

Looks like they're going back and re-doing the Mikey Whipwreck/Mick Foley angle from ECW's early days. Not a bad angle to re-hash.

keg in kc 01-30-2008 11:55 PM

It's classic booking, it's just the Tommy Dreamer part that I don't like. He's nothing special, really, as a wrestler, aside from the fact that he's a name so many people associate with "ECW". It worries me in that I hope that doesn't overshadow Delaney to the point that it becomes about Tommy Dreamer and not about the new geek...

BigRock 01-31-2008 01:26 AM

Quote:

I hope that doesn't overshadow Delaney to the point that it becomes about Tommy Dreamer

Dreamer is literally the last person that will ever happen with. He had to raise a stink in his column on WWE.com just to get added to the Royal Rumble match in his hometown.

Ultra Peanut 01-31-2008 03:56 AM

Honestly, D&D vs. M&M seems fine to me. Anything that gets Colin on my TV.

Also, I loved Mariachi Punk. The face wearing a costume to ambush the heel has been done to death over the years, but it was still worth it for the amazing mustache.

Mecca 01-31-2008 04:53 AM

Just so you guys know Colin isn't signed to a WWE deal and is just doing pay per appearance stuff so it's anyones guess where that goes...

Here's the whole F4W report this week...

Bobby Lashley is finished with WWE. We don't know the entire story yet because it's very complex, and of late Lashley has opted out of talking much about it because he has not officially been released and he wants to make sure he gets that release without any problems. This is what I know. Lashley was very upset with the handling of his girlfriend Krystal and her departure from the company several months back.

She had gotten a reputation as being difficult to work with, and in particular I believe she had ixnayed a storyline that would have put her in the Vickie Guerrero role as Edge's love interest. I know that Lashley is the one who wanted out of WWE and not vice versa, and he didn't want out to go to UFC or EliteXC or TNA or anywhere else, he just wanted out of WWE. On his website last week, he wrote: "I am sorry to everyone here but I am serious when I say I won't be back. Everyone wants to come here and hear the real story and I am telling you the real story. Circumstances which are out of my control left me no decision but to leave the WWE. I can't go into details of this now but like I said before sometimes people will hate you personally and try to destroy you which has happened here. Evil has prevailed however like I said before if you continue your struggle doors will open around these people. You have not scene the last of me so please don't stop your support. Add Bobby Lashley to the list of RECENTLY RELEASED!"

There were people who doubted that Lashley actually posted this, so he went on his message board and said if anyone didn't believe him they could PM him their number and he'd call them personally to verify it. Believe it or not, he called several people. The aspect of this that WWE does not want to talk about is that it may have had to do with an old-school "racist" mentality by some of the older agents and power brokers in the company. I put "racist" in quotation marks because, as someone who has been around this business in some form for over a decade, including in the ring and backstage, there is, dating back decades, a tendency for older wrestlers to really go heavy on the racial slurs. I don't know if any of these people are actually racist, although the odds are that some of them are.

But I have known older wrestlers who have flippantly thrown slurs around and I can tell you that they were not racist, it was just the way they were brought up on the road in the business. The point is that there are individuals in WWE who still throw slurs around, maybe not so much to people's faces but behind their backs, and a few of them when they get drunk got at it really hot and heavy. I'm told the original reason for Mark Henry being called the "Silverback" was because one of the writers was constantly referring to him as King Kong. Whether that was a racial jibe or not, who knows, but the writer in question is one of those known to throw these terms around. The belief is that the reason Krystal balked at the Edge storyline was because she was concerned that a racial element would be brought into the story, and she was vigorously against that. Shortly thereafter she was released, which did not sit well with Bobby.

I don't know if something was heard or said recently, but there is certainly a belief by some that this in some way, perhaps minor and perhaps major, played into the Lashley departure. It should be noted that Lashley was upset with a number of things for quite awhile now, and it may be a situation where a bunch of little things added up and something big may or may not have broken the camel's back. What he'll do now is anyone's guess. Had he come along a few years later he almost certainly would have gone into MMA instead of pro-wrestling. In fact, he was training at the American Kickboxing Academy in 2004, but that was before UFC exploded and so when he got the WWE offer he took it. He currently lives in Colorado and trains with the Army wrestling squads, and has also trained quite a bit in an Octagon with a friend who does MMA locally. He's a big UFC fan and would obviously be interested in giving it a shot, but unlike Brock Lesnar he doesn't have the name yet that would make such a thing financially viable at the start.

He'd have to pay for all of his own training, and even Brock has been training full-time for two years prior to his debut this Saturday. In two years, what will Lashley's name mean? He'd pretty much have to start at the bottom like anyone else for a few thousand bucks a shot and work his way up from there. Of course, there are all sorts of upstart groups, including the new YAMMA, who may want to throw big money at him, particularly if Brock destroys Mir on Saturday.

At 31 he's starting awfully late, though he does have the strong wrestling background (two-time Armed Forces champion, NAIA wrestling champion in 1997 and 1998, and a Missouri Valley College National Champion in 96, 97 and 98). TNA is obviously salivating at the chance to bring him in, but my gut tells me that would be a last-case scenario for him, although I could be wrong.

Among the tentative plans for WrestleMania, and I can guarantee that this will probably change 100 times: Cena vs. Hunter for the title, which means the plan right now is for Cena to win the belt from Orton at No Way Out. I have also heard it may end up a three-way with Orton, Cena and Hunter.

Either way, the chances of Hunter not fighting for the belt at WrestleMania appear to be about zero. It's said he has been politicking like crazy ever since Sunday night; Edge vs. Undertaker for the belts and the Mania streak, which has been the plan pretty much forever. They're doing TWO Elimination Chambers at No Way Out, so obviously Taker wins the other;

Flair vs. Kennedy, MVP vs. Matt Hardy for the US Title, which has been the plan forever; the remaining big stars (Hardy, Orton if he's not in the title match, etc.) in Money in the Bank; and something involving Vince and Finlay, though not necessarily a singles match. I have also heard Vince vs. Foley, Foley vs. Shane, or Finlay & Foley vs. Vince & Shane.

ECW writer David Lagana, who had been with the company for years and was at one point the head writer of Smackdown, was fired this past week. This had been something in the works for probably around two years or so. Stephanie fired him while he was on vacation and sent a one sentence terse e-mail to all the other writers saying that he had been terminated. It was said to be very cold unlike most e-mails where they at least put over the contributions of a dude who is leaving the company.

The gist of the story is that Stephanie believed that Lagana was responsible for leaking creative and management information to newsletters and websites. They had been watching him closely for years but could never prove it. The beginning of the end for him took place in May of 2006 during a creative meeting. The meetings take place at the building prior to TVs and PPVs, and the way it works is everyone gets together in a room with desks and such, very similar to a classroom layout.

Vince, Kevin Dunn, Steph and the lead writers are at the front of the class and all the low-level writers and agents sit at the desks. The writers go over the show and they do a read-through of the script, and then Vince makes all his comments/changes, etc. The agents also give their advice. So Lagana was sitting there at one of the desks on his laptop, and he usually sat in such a position where nobody could see his screen. But on this particular day there were people that could see his screen, and allegedly he was seen sending an e-mail with creative info to one of the major wrestling websites.

Nobody said anything at the moment, but after the meeting Stephanie was approached and told the entire story. She immediately confronted him and almost fired him on the spot, but he insisted he was innocent and managed to get off the hook. The key was, he was the tech guy in the company, where if anyone had a problem they went to him and he took care of it. He was very computer savvy and was able to permanently delete e-mails, likely hide IPs, whatever. The next week, however, he was immediately demoted from Smackdown to ECW. The picture that was painted was that it was a positive move, but it wasn't and he knew it.

He was working under Paul Heyman, who he'd known dating back to ECW. Still, he wasn't head writer and would basically just type up the scripts that Paul recited to him. Life got tough for him as he had a bad reputation from the Smackdown days of speaking down to the wrestlers (whether justified or not, that's what people believed), and people would make fun of him for his look (a dead ringer for the dude on Blue's Clues) and his voice ("Dr. Evil from Austin Powers").

Worse, when the Paul/Vince split went down he expected to be moved up to the head writer position of ECW but instead they moved Dusty into that spot. People said his confidence really started to erode at that point and things got really bad over the holidays. There were a great number of leaks, including stories about the viral campaign for Jericho and Mr. Kennedy being planned to be Vince's illegitimate son (and I should note, I got neither story from Lagana).

Stephanie blew a gasket and had a meeting with the agents saying there were to be absolutely no leaks and if you were discovered revealing information you would be fired on the spot. Without saying so directly, she said she thought she had a pretty good idea who was responsible and even looked directly at Lagana when saying it. That same afternoon, all the writers got laptop upgrades (everyone has a WWE-purchased laptop and Internet phone). The laptops, as it turned out, had shadowing software. Very shortly afterwards, Lagana was fired. The belief among the rest of the crew was that Steph had been feeding him false info on very specific information to see if it would get out, and it did.

There was also an incident a few weeks ago where Brian Gewirtz went into Lagana's office and sticking out of his laptop bag were a bunch of newsletters. Lagana tried to hide them but failed, then claimed that he wasn't actually reading them but they kept showing up because his subscription was yet to run out and he'd just happened to pick his mail up from home. Gewirtz then made snide remarks over the next several days about how he wasn't surprised that news kept getting leaked. Michael Hayes, who hates newsletters and websites, also began to really bury him right and left, apparently in a really demoralizing manner.

The level of paranoia in the company is truly astounding. Not sure if Stephanie realizes that people have home computers, home phones, private cell phones, pay phones, stamps and paper, etc. Still, because of the misinformation deal, writers are likely to be more leery about what information they share for the foreseeable future.

Regarding his loss to Chavo, clean loss to Edge a few days later in the big revenge match, and elimination by Chavo in the Rumble, we're told that Punk is in the dog house of late. The story is that he isn't listening to the agents and his house show matches are considered "indy level sloppy". He's botched a lot of stuff and the agents claim he comes to the back and laughs about it. There also may have been another political issue of some sort recently involving hitting on the wrong person.

American Gladiators goes to 90 minutes on February 4th

Nick Hogan had a pretrial hearing this week and the judge waived his right to a speedy trial. He's back in court on February 6th.

There are casting calls for the next season of Gladiators all this week and next week throughout America.

New announcer Mike Adamle, besides being part of the original season of American Gladiators, worked at WBBM in Chicago for four years and was said to be, and I quote, "TERRIBLE live." He was so bad that radio disc jockey Steve Dahl would encourage fans to tune in to see him mess up, and they actually had several compilation tapes of his smurf-ups on newscasts.

Torrie is still out with a back problem. She told Yahoo that she'd just gotten four big shots in her back for a nerve block. "I've got two herniated discs and a bulging disc. And that's just me. I'm just a girl that doesn't wrestle half the amount that the guys wrestle. Some people's bodies take it better than others. I guess I'm just a little more fragile than most people".

Apolo (German Figueroa), who signed recently with WWE, is in jail for a month after missing a court hearing in Puerto Rico regarding his domestic abuse case with wife Habana (who also works as a valet). This is a grand level of stupidity because both sides had agreed to dismiss the case and all Apolo had to do was show up to court. But he'd missed a few court dates and this one set the judge off, so he ordered him imprisoned until the next court date on February 25th.

credit:F4W Newsletter

BigRock 02-01-2008 02:31 PM

NSFW: http://www.sinsationpictures.com/movieinfo.php?id=697

Atta girl, Shelly. :thumb:

Now comes the next step: something in your butt.

unothadeal 02-01-2008 11:17 PM

What's the word on Taker at Wrestlemania? My guess is He defeats Big Daddy V and Mark Henry in a handicap match.

keg in kc 02-01-2008 11:26 PM

As far as I know, the word is still Taker/Edge, streak vs. streak. Who knows, though.

The bizarrity with CM Punk continued this week. He gets the shot on Chavo Tuesday and then gets in the pin to end a decent tag match tonight. And Cole was slobbering all over him early on, building him up as a guy good enough to headline not just ECW, but Smackdown, and pointing to his Rumble appearance as justification (?). All this within a couple weeks of losing clean to Edge, losing his title to Chavo and then getting eliminated by Chavo at the Rumble.

I have no idea where they're heading with him. And I'm not sure they do, either.

Mecca 02-01-2008 11:29 PM

They're not going to bury Punk, I think his jobs were just a way to show "look cut it out" like a quick punishment but also not to take away his entire push.

Mecca 02-01-2008 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRock
NSFW: http://www.sinsationpictures.com/movieinfo.php?id=697

Atta girl, Shelly. :thumb:

Now comes the next step: something in your butt.

If you type her name into google you can get way better pics than that my man.

Zeke Ziggle 02-01-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

As far as I know, the word is still Taker/Edge, streak vs. streak. Who knows, though.

The bizarrity with CM Punk continued this week. He gets the shot on Chavo Tuesday and then gets in the pin to end a decent tag match tonight. And Cole was slobbering all over him early on, building him up as a guy good enough to headline not just ECW, but Smackdown, and pointing to his Rumble appearance as justification (?). All this within a couple weeks of losing clean to Edge, losing his title to Chavo and then getting eliminated by Chavo at the Rumble.

I have no idea where they're heading with him. And I'm not sure they do, either.

I think the problem with their lack of ideas is that he wasn't meant to be pushed heavily. He is very Jericho-like in the way that he doesn't have the build that vinny mac likes but just has so much charisma that it is impossible for him to not get a reaction

Mecca 02-01-2008 11:38 PM

They've always pretty much planned to push Punk he just tends to rub people the wrong way...

BigRock 02-01-2008 11:47 PM

Quote:

If you type her name into google you can get way better pics than that my man.

Oh, sure. But those are just teaser pics for the video. Which, if the trailer is accurate, features things like Jewel licking Shelly's big ol' pancake nipples.

And I think Shelly's boobs are quite a bit bigger now than when she did her pre-WWE topless stuff.

Mecca 02-01-2008 11:52 PM

Well she has fake boobs now where as she didn't before...

I enjoy how she was very much denying that the vid she was was porn...it's pretty close I'd say...

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-02-2008 12:57 AM

Seriously, how stupid are some people?

If you are Lagana, and you're tech savvy, and you are leaking info, wouldn't you know that disinformation is the easiest way to catch a rat?

Secondly, wouldn't you find it a little odd that all of a sudden you all get new laptops and phones after you've been accused of leaking shit? Besides, if he was that savvy, he'd just wipe the HD with a program like WipeDrive, and then reinstall XP Pro (most likely) back onto it.

Mecca 02-02-2008 02:09 AM

So anyhow, who's everyones favorite indy worker?

Zeke Ziggle 02-02-2008 03:17 AM

Quote:

Can we consider TNA indy? If not probably Bryan Danielson, Chris Hero and the Briscoes

Jim Jones 02-02-2008 05:23 AM

Bryan Danielson.

And heck yeah TNA is Indy.

Mecca 02-02-2008 05:27 AM

I like most of those guys..

I like Human Tornado but that's mostly because of his gimmick.

Mecca 02-02-2008 11:09 PM

Bobby Lashley hasn't yet agreed to the terms of the release WWE sent him. He had been medically cleared to return, but asked to be let go after talking to Johnny Ace. There's some heat on Ace for all the people who've left under his tenure with bad things to say about him.

Lashley was upset about the size of his Mania payoff which was 250,000 dollars because the match brought in big money and he'd heard stories about other wrestlers getting over a million for Mania ME payoffs. A lot of workers felt he was just lucky to be on that spot on the card to begin with at that point of his career though. It also says he was mad that the company supported Michael Hayes, who had issues with Kristal.

The stories about Kristal being upset about potential "racial overtones" in the Edge storyline was likely blown out of proportions, and whether there would have been racial elements to a Edge-Kristal pairing is unknown.

Also, company souces said Lashley had become a PR problem for the company in the sense that local promoters were claiming he was difficult to work with when asked to do PR stuff and promote shows.

His contract is a long term one, so WWE is in a position of power when it comes to Lashley's immediate future. Since he's the one who asked to be released and he had a long term contract, he'll probably have to sit at home and do nothing athletically for a while once he gets his release, which is why some think he may have to consider returning to the company.

wrestling observer newsletter

It's great how a new guy who worked 15 minutes actually complained about getting 250 grand.

keg in kc 02-02-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

It's great how a new guy who worked 15 minutes actually complained about getting 250 grand.

Seriously. And does he really think that he had much to do with the draw of that match?

Mecca 02-02-2008 11:16 PM

Someone forgot to tell him that he isn't Hogan, or Rock or Austin or Cena and really has no place bitching about money at this point in his career..

Ah well good riddance he was just another overpushed undertalented roid head.

Have you guys seen the new pics of him? He seriously looks 100lbs lighter and he also bitched about the wellness policy..I wonder if that plays into him not coming back.

keg in kc 02-02-2008 11:18 PM

That's no shock. It was always funny looking at the shots at him wrestling in college next to his pro wrestling shots. It's like Bruce Banner and the Hulk.

Mecca 02-02-2008 11:21 PM

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ashleythin.jpg

http://www.bobbylashleyonline.com/ga...LashleyNik.jpg

Those are some recent pics, he looks well doesn't he?

BigRock 02-02-2008 11:21 PM

Quote:

And does he really think that he had much to do with the draw of that match?

I know I was sold on buying the PPV when I heard Donald Trump talk about "my large black friend Lindsey" in several media interviews he did.

Mecca 02-02-2008 11:23 PM

Quote:

I know I was sold on buying the PPV when I heard Donald Trump talk about "my large black friend Lindsey" in several media interviews he did.

He was facing a big beastly man named UTERUS.

Reaper16 02-03-2008 02:00 AM

Wow, Bobby does look quite a bit smaller in those pics.

BigRock 02-04-2008 06:10 PM

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle762131.ece

Paul Heyman's first interview of any real merit since he left WWE. If nothing else, it's interesting the way he talks about Stephanie McMahon, since the sheets have always pitted them against each other. According to Paul, she was the one trying to get him to stay.

Of course, he is a huge liar, so who knows.

jlscorpio 02-04-2008 08:22 PM

"For example, a finish in most every match. Simple thought. A winner and a loser. And a story with it that makes sense."

This sentence states perfectly everything that was right about the REAL ECW (and World Class and Mid-South in the 80's), and everything that is so wrong in modern day WWE, and too an infinitely greater degree, TNA. What also made ECW great was that it never forgot that it was always essentially an indy promotion, ala always developing new stars, and giving fans great storylines with a real payoff at the end. Heyman was a genious/visionary, and the biz is tremendously worse off without him.

Swanman 02-04-2008 08:48 PM

Quote:

Bryan Danielson
El Generico
Kevin Steen
Jimmy Jacobs
Davey Richards
Jigsaw
Mike Quackenbush (wish he had more open dates to work ROH)

Mecca 02-04-2008 08:53 PM

Observer put the kay-bosh on the Punk in the doghouse rumors, saying that in actuality Punk is in a better position now that Lagana was fired as he was his main detractor and was pushing for Morrison to get the title back right away before and was the person who put the title on Chavo. Dusty is a big Punk fan and Hayes has been trying to get him on SD! for awhile. Ed Koskey(sp) is booking ECW now, with Dusty's help, however Hayes has a TON of political power right now and is likely overseeing both ECW and SD!

BigRock 02-10-2008 08:58 PM

Quote:

The movie is probably at your favorite torrent site by now, assuming your favorite torrent site has porn on it. Pretty lame, really, but Shelly gets spanked and licked and whatnot. So it has that going for it.

Ultra Peanut 02-10-2008 10:54 PM

So apparently, TNA once again failed to provide a clean finish for their PPV main event.

I've gone from actually hoping for improvement to not even considering the idea of looking for a stream. What a worthless ****ing company.

unothadeal 02-17-2008 09:22 PM

Well, Big Show's back

Marty Mac Ver 2.0 02-17-2008 11:05 PM

Big Show got bloodied pretty bad by Pretty Boy Floyd. It was a work, supposedly, but damn it was real. The Orton-Cena match was bullsheet. They are booking the HHH-Orton-Cena for Mania but they went about it wrong with Orton and Cena.

Ultra Peanut 02-18-2008 02:02 AM

No Way Out sounded like it was pretty nice. I can't wait to see the Mayweather-Show footage and fallout, because it seems awesome and it's going to be such a great angle for everyone involved.

Also, with Smackdown! leaving the CW this fall, TVweek is reporting that the two leading candidates to pick it up are MyNetwork TV (which you would have to think would be a last resort for the E) and WGN.

For some bizarre reason, I've always wanted WGN to have wrestling programming of some sort.

BigRock 02-18-2008 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty Mac Ver 2.0 (Post 4590036)
Big Show got bloodied pretty bad by Pretty Boy Floyd. It was a work, supposedly, but damn it was real. The Orton-Cena match was bullsheet. They are booking the HHH-Orton-Cena for Mania but they went about it wrong with Orton and Cena.

If they're doing a 3-way, they may as well just throw in Hardy. And then he'll end up winning, ala Rey a few years ago, when he wasn't originally planned to be involved.

I figured Mayweather would do some boxing thing with Big Show, since Show was training for boxing during his time off. But the new prowrestling.net site (offshoot of the Torch) says Mayweather is actually going to wrestle. Probably a tag match with Rey against Big Show and maybe Shane McMahon, assuming Rey can go.

Valiant 02-18-2008 11:27 AM

Umm yeah.. This thread needs to be moved to the media section where it belongs.. Unless you want to bring out the Lost and Heroes threads from there..

Ultra Peanut 02-18-2008 08:53 PM

GET THE **** OUT OF MY HOUSE

unothadeal 02-18-2008 09:21 PM

lol-Floyd-lol

unothadeal 02-18-2008 09:46 PM

Midget tossing is back!

Reaper16 02-18-2008 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 4590475)
Umm yeah.. This thread needs to be moved to the media section where it belongs.. Unless you want to bring out the Lost and Heroes threads from there..

Wrestling is sports-entertainment. OK, that wasn't a very good excuse. And I agree that the popular Heroes and Lost threads shouldn't have been moved. Which means I think this thread shouldn't be moved either.

Mecca 02-18-2008 10:22 PM

Lindsay Lohan is/was backstage at Raw, there's some kind of humor in that.

Ultra Peanut 02-18-2008 10:37 PM

Finlay made the destruction of Hornswoggle disturbing, rather than ridiculous. Amazing.

Also, these new themes ****ing suck.

Bowser 02-18-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4591400)
Lindsay Lohan is/was backstage at Raw, there's some kind of humor in that.

Great. What's the over/under on how long until she's in the ring against Stephanie?

Ultra Peanut 02-18-2008 10:55 PM

OH GOD TRIPLE H IS SO AWESOME HE TRULY IS THE GAAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ugh.

Hardy was red ****ing hot, but no, Triple H just has to be main eventing WrestleMania.

unothadeal 02-18-2008 10:57 PM

Triple H really showed Cena with that Pedigree....Even though he gave him his shot at WM......But he really showed Cena!

Mecca 02-18-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 4591454)
OH GOD TRIPLE H IS SO AWESOME HE TRULY IS THE GAAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Ugh.

Hardy was red ****ing hot, but no, Triple H just has to be main eventing WrestleMania.

No matter what the WWE is never going to thrust someone like Hardy into the mainevent spot at Mania. He'll probably get the MITB win however.

unothadeal 02-18-2008 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4591460)
No matter what the WWE is never going to thrust someone like Hardy into the mainevent spot at Mania. He'll probably get the MITB win however.

Speaking of which, what's the point of these "qualifying" matches. Let's see, Mr. Kennedy vs. Val Venis. Hmmmmmmm. Tough call.

Mecca 02-18-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Limpdick (Post 4591466)
Speaking of which, what's the point of these "qualifying" matches. Let's see, Mr. Kennedy vs. Val Venis. Hmmmmmmm. Tough call.

To make it "seem" important, because they had to win a match to get in it. Generally it's pretty easy to see which guys will get in it, like Shelton Benjamin likely has a spot in it also.

Bowser 02-18-2008 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4591472)
To make it "seem" important, because they had to win a match to get in it. Generally it's pretty easy to see which guys will get in it, like Shelton Benjamin likely has a spot in it also.

I kind of lost track of wrestling when Shelton Benjamin was coming on. IIRC, he and Triple H had the beginnings of a rivalry where SB was getting the best of HHH. Did Benjamin get hurt at some point? The little bit I watched in, he was never shown or mentioned, that I noticed.

Ultra Peanut 02-18-2008 11:32 PM

Shelton, you say? He's currently in a program with Kane on ECW/Smackdown, and he's getting a bit of a push. He's a bit of a botcher, but he can be so, so good.

<div><object width="420" height="336"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x33q1r&v3=1&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x33q1r&v3=1&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="336" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x33q1r_hbk-vs-shelton-benjamin-gold-rush-t_sport">HBK vs Shelton Benjamin - Gold Rush Tourny Match - *****</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/SheltonSplash644">SheltonSplash644</a></i></div>

Mecca 02-18-2008 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 4591474)
I kind of lost track of wrestling when Shelton Benjamin was coming on. IIRC, he and Triple H had the beginnings of a rivalry where SB was getting the best of HHH. Did Benjamin get hurt at some point? The little bit I watched in, he was never shown or mentioned, that I noticed.

If you cant memorize and cut pages worth of promo the WWE doesn't like to push you at the top of the card. He's gotten in the doghouse for that and they think he's lazy and doesn't work that hard.

Bowser 02-18-2008 11:55 PM

Heh. Nice match. "He's quick as a hiccup", plus a Ricky Steamboat reference!

Hopefully they don't screw him around, and move him on up. He's exciting enough a wrestler to pull off being a headliner, imo.

Bowser 02-18-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 4591514)
If you cant memorize and cut pages worth of promo the WWE doesn't like to push you at the top of the card. He's gotten in the doghouse for that and they think he's lazy and doesn't work that hard.

Too bad ability in the ring doesn't weigh more heavily into that thought process, eh? But I guess I understand that sentiment, from their point of view.

Ultra Peanut 02-19-2008 12:05 AM

Shelton really was godawful on the mic until he moved over to ECW. Now, he's not great or really even good, but he's a LOT better.

Then again, Morrison was horrendous as Johnny Nitro. Now he's the Goddamn Lizard King; the Shaman of Sexy; the Portal to the Infinite. So there's hope for young Shelty yet.

'Hamas' Jenkins 02-20-2008 09:51 PM

I really, really fucking hate Triple Haitch.

keg in kc 02-24-2008 11:08 PM

Colin Delaney officially signed!

Rasputin 02-26-2008 11:38 AM

Just heard on ESPN that Floyd Mayweather broke Big Shows nose.

& they are suppose to fight at Wrestle Mania

:thumb:

Ultra Peanut 02-29-2008 05:42 PM

So where do you guys go for the latest and greatest in TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION news and results?

Me, I always choose WWE.com!

BigRock 02-29-2008 07:41 PM

Sucky scans of Maria's naked pics: http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=180982

Ultra Peanut 03-10-2008 08:00 PM

CHRIS JERICHO IS ONCE AGAIN THE KING OF THE MIDCARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simply Red 03-10-2008 08:05 PM

I love me some Mexican Rasslin! Caught some this w.e. on deportes.

Simply Red 03-10-2008 08:06 PM

Correction, It was actually on the Espanol channel.

Ultra Peanut 03-14-2008 08:37 AM

Tuesday's ECW was OUTSTANDING. Seriously, if you skipped it you should watch it on WWE's site.

- Hot crowd throughout (Chicago, natch).
- Great Miz-n-Morrison vs. Colin/Dreamer street fight that actually had me rooting against the Shaman of Sexy.
- Kofi vs. Deuce (BO! BO! BO!)
- Elijah Burke!!! vs. Festus, thankfully not a squash and some really nice stuff from Elijah.
- Punker vs. Big Daddy Five in a MITB Qualifier.

I'm ashamed of myself for waiting three days to watch it. It was, however, a much-needed tonic after exposing myself to the continuous reerunation of TNA. The crowd made me look forward to Smackdown for the first time in months, too.

eazyb81 03-14-2008 07:55 PM

When the hell did Vickie Guerrero become GM of Smackdown? Damn it's been awhile since I've watched. It's sad that she can't let this go.

I wonder if Flair's forehead busts open when his wife kisses him on it? The dude juices like none other.

Mecca 03-14-2008 08:09 PM

Let what go? She's basically employed by them as a favor to her by Vince so she can continue to bring in a good amount of money since Eddie died.

Also everyone should be watching the dirt sheet segments Miz and Morrison do online they are great.