ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****The Kareem Hunt Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=307438)

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-29-2017 10:20 AM

Dorsey really really really likes him so I'm going with Dorsey.

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2017 10:26 AM

Love it....zero fumbles lost is a nice stat in 700+ carries

Thats natural born desire....

Kareem needs more carries

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:26 AM

Just seems like we've become "suck Dorseys dick planet" since the Mahomes pick.

He's still gonna miss on occasion and I think the euphoria of the Mahomes pick has people looking for reasons to be laudatory of everything. We have some confirmation bias as a result.

Like, y'know, ignoring the fact that this dude is getting run down from behind by linemen in his HIGHLIGHT film. Suddenly being slow doesn't matter because Priest Holmes wasn't a burner, as though outliers are a good reason to defend a pick. Or even worse, trying to argue that he isn't slow, which is just wrong. I would imagine he'd lose a foot race to Ware and West.

Eh

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2017 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848432)

He's still gonna miss on occasion and I think the euphoria of the Mahomes pick had people looking fur reasons to be laudatory of everything. We have some confirmation bias as a result.

Like, y'know, ignoring the fact that this dude is getting run down from behind by linemen in his HIGHLIGHT film. Suddenly being slow doesn't matter because Priest Holmes wasn't a burner, as though outliers are a good reason to defend a pick. Or even worse, trying to argue that he isn't slow, which is just wrong. I would imagine he'd lose a foot race to Ware and West.

Eh

Its called hope..... Maybe he is more of a ware than a west...?

Coach 04-29-2017 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848343)
So he says that Hunt is the 5th best RB in this class.

And he gave up a 3rd and 4th for him.

I'm supposed to be happy about that?

Well at least he'll make the team so there's some progress. And for third rounders, 'steady contributor' is a fair expectation. I suspect Hunt will manage that. I just don't see the upside here that some do.

As long as Hunt doesn't get cut during pre-season (think Russell), it's pretty much a win.....

Russell was a 3rd rounder and he got cut like in the middle of pre-season. That one was a bad pick all around.

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12848438)
Its called hope..... Maybe he is more of a ware than a west...?

If hope replaces analysis, we become the Star board again.

Hope is fine, but getting fired up about a smaller, slower version of Ware - a person who appears to combine the warts of the backfield duo we presently have - just seems strange.

But hey, at least he doesn't fumble.

Ming the Merciless 04-29-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848454)
If hope replaces analysis, we become the Star board again.

Hope is fine, but getting fired up about a smaller, slower version of Ware - a person who appears to combine the warts of the backfield duo we presently have - just seems strange.

But hey, at least he doesn't fumble.

Its been like 36 hours, i dont think a couple of days of hope is gonna turn this place into the star board....

Who was getting that fired up about Hunt that it caused you concern? Dude weighs 225 ...he isn't some midget 4.2 speed guy , hes got some bulk..it is what it is...

Chiefshrink 04-29-2017 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848379)
His teammates also improved at the senior bowl.

I see a slightly undersized north-south runner who lacks starting RB speed. He does have good balance but I don't think it will matter as much when larger, faster, more polished people are hitting him.

I just don't see skills that are going to translate well because he lacks the physical tools to put them to their best use. He has a great foundation to build a RB on. The problem is all you got is a 1700 sq. foot single story slab. The foundation; vision and balance - isn't gonna get us much IMO. He'll get what is blocked, may occasionally make someone miss and if he finds himself in space he'll get run down within about 15 yards.

I don't see what makes him an appreciably better player than West.

I like Dorsey's first two picks but I ain't compelled to like everything he does. I don't like this pick.

Definitely a "wait and see" for sure. I am not all that excited as well. The backs I really like are as follows"

Elijah McGuire - JC like

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/IOaL8xRCdkM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Joe Williams - JC like as well but he quit during the season and then returned.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VnkQQhISL1Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Brian Hill - a poor man's Fournette.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/GbONj24BVKc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

burt 04-29-2017 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848432)

Eh

I live there....

DJ's left nut 04-29-2017 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pawnmower (Post 12848469)
Its been like 36 hours, i dont think a couple of days of hope is gonna turn this place into the star board....

Who was getting that fired up about Hunt that it caused you concern? Dude weighs 225 ...he isn't some midget 4.2 speed guy , hes got some bulk..it is what it is...

When Clay is polishing knob over a slow tailback, I'm gonna take notice.

His weight is interesting in that it varies. I was referring to his SR bowl tape where he was evidently at 210ish and still looked slow.

Put 225 on him and he's Darrin Reaves with better vision. Huzzah.

suzzer99 04-29-2017 10:45 AM

I heard Hunt caused some missed tackles and has good balance. Can anyone confirm?

Easy 6 04-29-2017 10:49 AM

This is the time of year for hope and blind devotion, nothing wrong with that

Its not a hot take, but lets wait and see what develops in camp and the preseason

Hammock Parties 04-29-2017 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848480)
When Clay is polishing knob over a slow tailback, I'm gonna take notice.

I'm not polishing knob.

It's stupid to dismiss a mid-round pick at RB just because of his 40 time, though. It's not like he runs a 4.75....that would be damnable. 4.6? I bet there are a dozen reasonably effective NFL backs who ran 4.6 coming out.

I trust Dorsey at this position.

hometeam 04-29-2017 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 12848343)
So he says that Hunt is the 5th best RB in this class.

And he gave up a 3rd and 4th for him.

I'm supposed to be happy about that?

Well at least he'll make the team so there's some progress. And for third rounders, 'steady contributor' is a fair expectation. I suspect Hunt will manage that. I just don't see the upside here that some do.

You do understand that we have 49 stay overs from the 53 man roster last year. What are we going to do with 9 rooks? Draft and cut? Who cares!

bevischief 04-29-2017 11:01 AM

Can't wait to see this kid play.