ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Music Aerosmith’s Steven Tyler just released his first country single (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293279)

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2015 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FishingRod (Post 11597894)
Too many of the rock stars thought it was cool to show disdain for the very people giving their hard earned dollars to see their shows and buy their music.

Recording artists and bands from the 1950's to the end of the "Hair Metal" bands in the late 80's should not be included in your statement.

Say what you will about the MTV era of "Hair Metal" but it was an absolute blast and there was a ton of interaction between the band members and fans (especially the girls).

After "Grunge" took over, there was a lot of apathy (and a lot of clones) and the genre quickly died out, leaving rock music very splintered.

wasi 07-14-2015 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11597885)
Why was there a piano just out in the middle of the sidewalk?

It's a City Parks Dept. tourism program called Piano's in the Park. They put in about 10 pianos in the downtown parks. That spot is Stuart Park, on our waterfront.

Nzoner 07-14-2015 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon (Post 11597562)
Tom Petty said it best. "Todays country music is just really bad rock and roll."

:thumb:

srvy 07-14-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boon (Post 11597562)
Tom Petty said it best. "Todays country music is just really bad rock and roll."

I like Tom Petty but hate when artists cross genres and rip on the music. I dont like the pop country now but many do. I also think the OP song sucks but it will probably sell due to the artist and his popularity.

RollChiefsRoll 07-14-2015 11:48 AM

In response to "rock is dead" -- no. Just have to look hard sometimes to find it.

J. Roddy Walston & the Business
My Morning Jacket
Stone Foxes
Steepwater Band

And contemporary blues rock artists are ****ing awesome.

Gary Clark, Jr.
Kenny Wayne Shepherd
L.A. Blues Alliance
Kentucky Headhunters

There's great new music out there.

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2015 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 11598281)
In response to "rock is dead" -- no. Just have to look hard sometimes to find it.

How hard did you have to look for rock music in the 60's? 70's? 80's? 90's?

If you "have to look hard" for entertainment of any kind, the public has lost its fascination and the genre has lost its appeal.

RollChiefsRoll 07-14-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11598304)
How hard did you have to look for rock music in the 60's? 70's? 80's? 90's?

If you "have to look hard" for entertainment of any kind, the public has lost its fascination and the genre has lost its appeal.

Maybe I'm playing semantics here, but "lost its appeal" =/= "dead."

DaneMcCloud 07-14-2015 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RollChiefsRoll (Post 11598313)
Maybe I'm playing semantics here, but "lost its appeal" =/= "dead."

Check out the Billboard charts or Soundscan sales. New rock bands aren't selling millions of units or even hundreds of thousands of units, it's more like low five figures.

Check out touring receipts. New rock bands aren't playing stadiums or arenas, they're playing little clubs, if it all.

Millennials don't care about rock music. They're into to EDM, Indie/Folk and singer/songwriters like Ed Sheeran.

Mainstream rock is dead.

ChiefsCountry 07-14-2015 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11598335)
Check out the Billboard charts or Soundscan sales. New rock bands aren't selling millions of units or even hundreds of thousands of units, it's more like low five figures.

Check out touring receipts. New rock bands aren't playing stadiums or arenas, they're playing little clubs, if it all.

Millennials don't care about rock music. They're into to EDM, Indie/Folk and singer/songwriters like Ed Sheeran.

Mainstream rock is dead.

Radio stations as well. Mainstream rock stations are being shut down and replaced all across the board.

aturnis 07-15-2015 07:29 AM

First impression. It was shit. The type of stuff my country living friend eat on up. It will probably do very well.

Deberg_1990 08-05-2015 07:45 PM

Caught them in Vegas the other night. They put on a great show. Cant believe Tyler is 67.
Posted via Mobile Device

Saccopoo 08-05-2015 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11598335)

Mainstream rock is dead.

Corporate rock is relatively dead because it sucks.

Indie/Folk is rock. And it's really ****ing good right now. Amazing music being put out in that genre.

Times change, flavors change. Anyone still listening to the Andrew Sisters or Glenn Miller?

I think listeners have become increasingly more adept at identifying quality music versus stuff that the corporations have shoved at them for decades through their mass owned radio networks.

Bandcamp is utterly fantastic for finding some amazingly good music that you'd never had a chance of listening to on the corporate radio stations as are the music services such as Spotify, Rhapsody, Pandora, etc.

DaneMcCloud 08-05-2015 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11641131)
Corporate rock is relatively dead because it sucks.

Indie/Folk is rock. And it's really ****ing good right now. Amazing music being put out in that genre.

Times change, flavors change. Anyone still listening to the Andrew Sisters or Glenn Miller?

I think listeners have become increasingly more adept at identifying quality music versus stuff that the corporations have shoved at them for decades through their mass owned radio networks.

Bandcamp is utterly fantastic for finding some amazingly good music that you'd never had a chance of listening to on the corporate radio stations as are the music services such as Spotify, Rhapsody, Pandora, etc.

:facepalm:

Radio is about advertising. Stations want to appeal to audiences that purchase items being advertised and do their best to appeal to people that will spend money on said products.

Radio has nothing to do with music or album sales or singles.