ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The Long, Slow, Arduous Bataan Death March To Drafting OL On May 8th (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=280387)

Direckshun 03-27-2014 11:15 PM

Milkman had fun once.

It was awful.

htismaqe 03-28-2014 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10521597)
Actually, I believe that the dude posts here.

Said he and his buddies were total shit faced and they were going to whoop it up even if they took Leon Sandcastle.

Just a room full of Chiefs fans having fun.

There was 2 pages of conversation on it...

YESTERDAY

ROFL

planetdoc 03-30-2014 12:44 PM

I'm not an advocate of drafting an offensive lineman in round 1. That being said, if somehow Taylor Lewan was available when the chiefs pick than I would grab him. He is really a tremendous athlete, and a mauler in the run game.

planetdoc 03-31-2014 09:55 AM

Tim Grunhard on KC Chiefs o-line

Quote:

LT Eric Fisher

"You know [Chiefs offensive line coach] Andy Heck and I played together at Notre Dame. We went out to dinner and Andy really likes the kid. A lot of ups and downs, but very athletic. He's got great length. He thinks the game moved a little too quick for him last year." "I'm not sold ... He has to get a lot more physical and mentally he has to get stronger. He's got the athleticism. The kid has great feet. He has John Alt feet."
Quote:

RT Donald Stephenson

"I think Stephenson's going to be OK ... I think that's a good move."
Quote:

C Rodney Hudson

"I like Hudson ... I think keep him at center. The kid is starting to feel comfortable there. That's a position where even though there isn't a lot of one on one blocking -- although with the 3-4 defense teams are starting to run, there's more of that -- but there's not a lot of one-on-one. He's a pretty smart kid. He's got a good relationship with all the quarterbacks. Why mess with that? Go find yourself a guard. You can find a guard in the draft and then he can come up and play."
Quote:

G Jeff Allen
"I think you need to find an upgrade. I'm just not sold on the kid. I'm just not ... I'm not sure about his punch, I'm not sure about his finish. I think the kid gets a good position, a fairly smart player, but you don't see that explosion from him coming off the ball. You don't see that second level ability."

OldSchool 03-31-2014 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by planetdoc (Post 10529439)

So we need an upgrade at both OG positions. Hello Xua'Filo in the 1st plus Brandon Thomas in the 3rd, lol.

htismaqe 03-31-2014 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10529549)
So we need an upgrade at both OG positions. Hello Xua'Filo in the 1st plus Brandon Thomas in the 3rd, lol.

I find it funny that Grunhard didn't even mention RG.

Should tell you something about what he thinks about Rishaw Johnson.

duncan_idaho 03-31-2014 10:32 AM

Quote:

To the championship!

planetdoc 03-31-2014 10:36 AM

Quote:

from the same linked article

Quote:

But the answer to the Chiefs guard questions is not in the first round of the draft, according to Grunhard.

"I think you can find somebody," Grunhard said. "I don't know the logistics of who's there. I haven't looked at the top 10 guards coming out.... There are some guys that played tackle that might move into the guard position. I think you can find a guy who played tackle in college and move him inside."

The first round of the draft should be a receiver, Grunhard said. "Chiefs are going to get a playmaker in the first round."

Direckshun 03-31-2014 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 10529563)
I find it funny that Grunhard didn't even mention RG.

Should tell you something about what he thinks about Rishaw Johnson.

Keep ****ing doubting Rishaw Johnson.

Saccopoo 03-31-2014 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 10530698)
Keep ****ing doubting Rishaw Johnson.

I think we, as a collective, pretty much are.

htismaqe 04-01-2014 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 10531561)
I think we, as a collective, pretty much are.

Rightfully so, IMO.

RunKC 04-01-2014 09:28 AM

I don't see OL especially since Zack Martin should be gone by our pick. I also think ODB is gone too. He's gaining steam.

I would say Lee or Cooks are great bets at this point.

OldSchool 04-01-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10532033)
I don't see OL especially since Zack Martin should be gone by our pick. I also think ODB is gone too. He's gaining steam.

I would say Lee or Cooks are great bets at this point.

Cooks won't make it to us. The Jets are in love with him apparently.

RunKC 04-01-2014 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldSchool (Post 10532045)
Cooks won't make it to us. The Jets are in love with him apparently.

Then Lee it is. One of those 3 will be there

htismaqe 04-01-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10532052)
Then Lee it is. One of those 3 will be there

Why settle?

Lee isn't in the same time zone as Cooks and Beckham...