ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs ***OFFICIAL TYLER BRAY QBOTF HOPE THREAD*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272606)

penbrook 04-30-2013 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaj22 (Post 9645451)
it's good to see that this dude, even after being shit on and being undrafted, was able to man up and WANT to play somewhere, and he picked KC to do it. I dont know the last time I heard a player WANT to play in KC.

He has to got to know his god given talents give him the best chance to walk right in and beat the inferior athleticism on the roster in Chase Daniel, Stanzi, Tanney, Whoevery. All he has to do is stay humble and give it hell and Ill drink the kool aid first and say he can absolutely win that #2 job in preseason.

And then when Alex Smith inevitable fails because hes terrible, Tyler Bray will be there to save us

Bray has all the talent in the world to be the next Brett Favre but he needs to do it consistently. He can throw a 80 yard bomb. Problem is his mentality. He always wants to throw deep. He needs to know that a 10 yard slant is better than to throw it into double coverage 50 yards down field.

Also he needs to put the work into studying and improving. If he actually puts in the time and film study my god watch out. He could easily suplant A Smith as the starter.

Abba-Dabba 04-30-2013 01:51 AM

Eh, not a bit intrigued by Bray. Benefited from the best recievers in the SEC.

mdchiefsfan 04-30-2013 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9645465)
Bray has all the talent in the world to be the next Brett Favre but he needs to do it consistently. He can throw a 80 yard bomb. Problem is his mentality. He always wants to throw deep. He needs to know that a 10 yard slant is better than to throw it into double coverage 50 yards down field.

Also he needs to put the work into studying and improving. If he actually puts in the time and film study my god watch out. He could easily suplant A Smith as the starter.

When was the last time I heard that about a KC QB?

Mr_Tomahawk 04-30-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 9645365)
Sorry no. This is my thread and Tyler is no longer a Vol or a prospect. He is a Chief. The only highlights I will put in the OP are preseason gifs. Only Chief hghlights. We all know about his talent. This thread isn't trying to prove to anyone his skill. It's to discuss his progress. You have ZERO say regardless. You gave me crap about him too.

Please link to said crap....

Pretty sure I had a bray signature too.

Enjoy Matt Scott.

KChiefs1 04-30-2013 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penbook (Post 9645465)

If Al Davis was still alive he would have been drafted #3.

Mr_Tomahawk 04-30-2013 05:45 AM

By the way.....Q.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/newre...te=1&p=9335851

Saccopoo 04-30-2013 07:21 AM

Absolute max upside:

http://www.deuceofdavenport.com/wp-c...eff-george.jpg

If he has the longevity of George in the NFL, I'll eat my hat.

Kid has an arm, but it's not an Elway arm by any stretch. And he's inaccurate and doesn't seem to have a very good feel for the game.

IMO - he's a poor man's version of Ryan Mallet.

jspchief 04-30-2013 07:24 AM

I'm not the least bit excited about Bray. Not gonna pin my hopes on an UDFA

KCUnited 04-30-2013 07:32 AM

I can't buy in until I get some still photos of his 3 step drop from camp.

mdchiefsfan 04-30-2013 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 9645555)
I can't buy in until I get some still photos of his 3 step drop from camp.

:clap:

Saul Good 04-30-2013 07:42 AM

This is a guy who was expected to challenge for the top pick in the 2014 draft, and we just got him for nothing.

Suppose there had been a run on QBs in the mid-late first round... If we had traded Albert and our third to grab the last pick in the first round to grab Bray, CP would have been celebrating.

If he had stayed in school, but we were assured that the Chiefs were going to draft him in the first round next year even if it meant trading away an RGIII type bounty, Dorsey would be seen as a visionary.

Get him for nothing? Meh...should have drafted Geno a round and a half early...and the Bills are dumb for drafting the QB they wanted a round early.

MahiMike 04-30-2013 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 9644583)
Seriously? He's got zero chance of seeing the field this season anyways.

This is a long term project. He won't see the field for 2 years if they do it correctly.

ptlyon 04-30-2013 08:15 AM

So is this project labeled the Stanzi Part Deux Project?

Mother****erJones 04-30-2013 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubberSponge (Post 9645470)
Eh, not a bit intrigued by Bray. Benefited from the best recievers in the SEC.

Thanks for sharing. He also had terrible coaching. Dooley wasn't his coach, lane left after Tyler went there. He's only 21 and will be good under Reid.

MahiMike 04-30-2013 08:28 AM

We have to remember that these are KIDS. How mature were we at 21? If I had been a stud QB in college, I'da been a drunked-out partier bangin' all the chicks I could. Last thing I'da been thinking was how to memorize the playbook. Especially if I had a 59 mph fast ball to go deep with.

Take 2 years for him to mature while getting coached up by Andy and he can be something. Going undrafted may have been the best thing for him.