ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Vick to KC? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268510)

AussieChiefsFan 01-05-2013 02:30 AM

Doubt it

Jiu Jitsu Jon 01-05-2013 03:15 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgXuflGtMlI

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocknrolla (Post 9284056)
Seeing how Reid sat McNabb for until he was ready to start. I don't see him starting any QB we draft, hopefully Geno. And no to Vick. He is broken. And a NO to any QB on this team right now.

NFL is a different beast now than it was in 1999. As my sig says, 6 of the 12 QBs in the playoffs are 1st or 2nd year players. Reid also said in a video posted tonight that he wasn't putting McNabb behind that offensive line. Assuming we sign Albert, we have a pretty solid Oline that is only going to get better as it grows up.

dmahurin 01-05-2013 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Detert (Post 9283848)
I Will never cheer for Atlanta or Philadelphia ever again just because Vick played there.
I have been a Chief fan since the mid 60s, gone to more than 10 training camps, worn a KC Chiefs wrist watch daily for almost 15 years etc. etc. If Vick comes to KC I will never be a Chiefs fan again.

It makes me sad that people who post here would overlook Vick's deficient moral character and actually want him associated with our Chiefs. We should not sell our souls just to win football games. The price is too high.

I don't want him here because his play has declined to a point he's not worth having around. He paid his debt to society and if he still played at a high level I'd have no problem with him here. I want to see winning football. I don't care if a guy is blowing lines off hookers asses and killing them afterwards as long as he performs at a high level and can contribute to winning games.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 05:36 AM

I will probably have my teeth kicked in for this, but I would rather have Alex Smith as our vet than Vick. Smith is suited for the WCO and is younger. That being said, I still want Geno drafted and Smith as his backup.

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 9284309)
I will probably have my teeth kicked in for this, but I would rather have Alex Smith as our vet than Vick. Smith is suited for the WCO and is younger. That being said, I still want Geno drafted and Smith as his backup.

Smith will find someone to take him. As for him vs. Vick, I don't know. I don't want either of them and fully expect us to go after a QBOTF.

mdchiefsfan 01-05-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9284311)
Smith will find someone to take him. As for him vs. Vick, I don't know. I don't want either of them and fully expect us to go after a QBOTF.

I can see us offering Smith the chance to compete for the starting position (on a side note: it really grated my skin to type those words, "Compete for the QB starting position." It was followed by a rush of relief that if that does happen, there are no favorites anymore). Maybe someone will offer him a starting gig, if that's the case; fine, adios.

If it all boils down to Vick is the only vet QB available, I would take him. The man has had a tough road and could probably share a thing or two about being humble and appreciating every day you're in the league to a rookie qb.

NJChiefsFan 01-05-2013 06:19 AM

I just want them to start the guy they draft. The NFL is changing. Again, I defer to my signature. I don't really think Vick is worth all the trouble that would come with him from the media and fans. And that's taking out of the equation my opinion of him and what he did.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-05-2013 08:31 AM

City's Animal Control Warden?

SAUTO 01-05-2013 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9283900)
What kind of thinking are you referring to? I'm being realistic when I'm saying I don't think he'll be ready to be an NFL starter in week one. I'm not saying don't draft the kid BUT I think he would be of more value if he spent a year or two learning the system rather than throw him out there when he most likely won't be ready.

Out of curiosity... have you followed Geno's performance this year or just watched highlights? I'm curious what you've seen in him that you would be glad to throw him out there as a starter game one.

JFC, there is a search function around here and multiple threads where all these guys give their thoughts.
Posted via Mobile Device

KChiefsQT 01-05-2013 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 9284491)
JFC, there is a search function around here and multiple threads where all these guys give their thoughts.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was asking a ? ... No need to be a smart ass. I'm very clear on the definition of a message board but thank you for your clarification! Ha!

In58men 01-05-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefsQT (Post 9285068)
I was asking a ? ... No need to be a smart ass. I'm very clear on the definition of a message board but thank you for your clarification! Ha!

He's a douche

O.city 01-05-2013 12:59 PM

If you bring in Alex Smith or Vick, you're lessening your window. We've talked over and over about building thru the draft, but I guess that means players other than the QB?

The best QB's in the league, were drafted by the teams they play for. Save for Manning, but come on.

You draft and develop your QB same as you do every other player.

kcfanXIII 01-05-2013 01:03 PM

The only way i'll be alright with bringing Vick in is if we get to drown him or electrocute him when he is done. **** him.

jd1020 01-05-2013 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9285073)
The best QB's in the league, were drafted by the teams they play for. Save for Manning, but come on.

Brees says **** you!