ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Official: Andy Reid Signs His Contract (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268503)

Chief Henry 01-05-2013 11:27 AM

I hope Coach Andy Reid is as hungry for a Super Bowl title as he is for KC Bar B Q !

Sassy Squatch 01-05-2013 11:29 AM

You can tell Clark is as giddy as a kid on christmas. ****ing smiling all over the place and what not.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9284807)
The last two seasons are a direct result of him being there too long. If a coach can't win a championship in the first 5 years, it's time to move on.

No excuses. The NFL is a league of "win the big one or you are a failure."

R8RFAN 01-05-2013 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9284701)
No, Kyle Orton didn't even give the Chiefs a chance. He bolted for Dallas the minute they told him Cassel was the starter going forward.

Cheap owners don't shell out nearly 2.5 million for Haley to go away, 4 million for Romeo go to away and 15 million for Pioli to go away.

Sorry, the Clark is cheap bullshit is garbage. The Hunt family spent a ton on free agent contracts in the 2000s. He spent a ton of money in 2010 to get Weis and Romeo on staff as well.

Reid is going to cost 40 million. He's hiring a new GM that's going to get at least 3-5 million a year and have to hire a cap guy.

I am not saying you didn't get an upgrade, I personally like Reid. You people like to Judge the Raiders for how they were when Al was alive and you still think the same system is going to be run as usual... Wild erratic trading and money spending.... Raiders will prove it in the coming years, Historically the Chiefs have been cheap, until they show me otherwise, they are still going to be cheap...

milkman 01-05-2013 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9284954)
I am not saying you didn't get an upgrade, I personally like Reid. You people like to Judge the Raiders for how they were when Al was alive and you still think the same system is going to be run as usual... Wild erratic trading and money spending.... Raiders will prove it in the coming years, Historically the Chiefs have been cheap, until they show me otherwise, they are still going to be cheap...

No, the Chiefs have not historically been cheap.

Through most of the Carl era, he had to manipulate the cap numbers in order to get under the cap and bring in free agents and sign draft picks.

In '08, Herman ****ing Edwards sold Hunt on a plan to rebuild, and the result of that plan had the Chiefs millions under the cap.

But at the same time the Chiefs were third in the league in actual money spent last year.

tk13 01-05-2013 12:18 PM

Orton didn't want to come here in the first place. People still don't understand this. Before they even claimed him, Orton was floating that he might not report to KC to the media, because he wanted to go to Chicago. John Clayton openly reported this. He did not even want to be in KC, but he showed up, played the good employee and got out as fast as he could.

KCSPORTSNUT 01-05-2013 12:29 PM

Wow 2013 looking good with the Chiefs 13th head coach.Its a sign.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 12:32 PM

12-20 the past two years. No playoff wins since 08. Other than poor draft picks...

-horrible time management

-doesn't have a clue when to call timeouts or challenge a call

-unable to make in-game adjustments

-Poor play calling

-throwing 60 plus times a game and ignoring the run game he's a great coach.

mnchiefsguy 01-05-2013 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R8ers (Post 9284954)

Dude, Clark is paying Scott Pioli ****ing millions to go away. He is paying Andy Reid close to 8 million a year to coach the team, and whomever Reid brings in as GM is gonna get paid too. Clark has been worthy of criticizing in the past, but given how many millions he has spent this week, calling him cheap is a pretty weak argument.

Rausch 01-05-2013 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 9284614)
I believe that as team building is concerned, that Scott Pioli had the right approach.

You build championship teams through the draft, and dip into free agency for a couple of key additions when the time is right.

Where Pioli failed is n the actual choices he made in the draft.

The SB hasn't been won by teams that just spend money.

It's won by teams that make good picks in the draft.

Completely agree.

That said, Clark has been the ugly girl at the school dance.

Far, FAR too passive.

The last decade our approach to FA was "well, if we can get guy X at a good price lets do it!"

Reid identified his targets and said "these are the people I think we need. Do what we have to so we can get them."

Did Reid get burned?

Yes, clearly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by T. S. Eliot
Should I, after tea and cakes and ices,
Have the strength to force the moment to its crisis?
But though I have wept and fasted, wept and prayed,
Though I have seen my head (grown slightly bald) brought in upon a platter,
I am no prophet—and here’s no great matter;
I have seen the moment of my greatness flicker,
And I have seen the eternal Footman hold my coat, and snicker,
And in short, I was afraid.

Reid may be wrong but he won't be too timid to attempt...

Pin Head 01-05-2013 01:11 PM

I hope Andy finds the second coming of Jim Johnson for defense.

Andy Reid...

-Lost an NFC championship game AND a SB purely on time management.

-Lost 3 NFC championship games at home to teams they dominated that season and seasons before.

-Had two great RB's but refused to run the ball while opting to throw 90% of the time to 3rd rate WR the best of which was Freddie Mitchell. (lol)

chiefzilla1501 01-05-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 9284984)
Orton didn't want to come here in the first place. People still don't understand this. Before they even claimed him, Orton was floating that he might not report to KC to the media, because he wanted to go to Chicago. John Clayton openly reported this. He did not even want to be in KC, but he showed up, played the good employee and got out as fast as he could.

I feel like we've heard just as much smoke that the main reason he left Kansas City was because Pioli made it clear that Cassel was his guy no matter what.

Rausch 01-05-2013 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Narrow Head (Post 9285094)
I hope Andy finds the second coming of Jim Johnson for defense.

Andy Reid...

-Lost an NFC championship game AND a SB purely on time management.

-Lost 3 NFC championship games at home to teams they dominated that season and seasons before.

-Had two great RB's but refused to run the ball while opting to throw 90% of the time to 3rd rate WR the best of which was Freddie Mitchell. (lol)

In that same amount of time the Chiefs won two division titles and ZERO playoff games.

Baby steps.

****ing baby steps...

ChiefMojo 01-05-2013 01:36 PM

Raush you are correct, baby steps.

Hell we will just be happy to get around .500 next season.

Pin Head 01-05-2013 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9285116)
In that same amount of time the Chiefs won two division titles and ZERO playoff games.

Baby steps.

****ing baby steps...

The Giants won two SB's during Andy's time. Reid was in Philly 14 years and has been to one SB in 2004 and lost. He's had Philly in many playoff games and back in the day contending year after year, yet no SB win and teams are clamoring for him?

Agreed. We did'nt get this way overnight and the fix isn't going to happpen overnight either.