ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Jamaal Charles as trade bait? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=268492)

WhiteWhale 01-05-2013 08:27 AM

Yes, we should trade a back who will easily get 2000+ scrimmage yards and fits, perfectly, with what Reid does on offense when we have the #1 pick in the upcoming draft. Who needs Charles when we have McCluster!?

Brilliant. Just... wow.

Pablo 01-05-2013 08:58 AM

Well, it's all been said already.

Just an awful, awful idea.

Charles will dominate and I want to give whoever our new QB is as many weapons as possible when he gets here.

patteeu 01-05-2013 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 9281854)
Charles is the exception, not the rule. You don't trade away players like Peterson, Charles, ect. And with your own point, since this is passing league... teams aren't going to trade all that much for a "dime in a dozen" position.

You do if you can get enough in return.

30yr fan 01-05-2013 07:41 PM

terrible idea

scho63 01-06-2013 08:54 AM

I'm starting to see more and more idiots asking about trading our BEST player Jamaal Charles. Will someone please shoot these useless jackass so-called fans?

Remember Tony G, Jared Allen, and Brian Waters to name just a few? Guys we traded that are doing great elsewhere while we suffer with lesser talent!

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

%(/

htismaqe 01-06-2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteWhale (Post 9284470)
Yes, we should trade a back who will easily get 2000+ scrimmage yards and fits, perfectly, with what Reid does on offense when we have the #1 pick in the upcoming draft. Who needs Charles when we have McCluster!?

Brilliant. Just... wow.

Exactly.

Charles will not only excel in Reid's system but he provides a SUPERB safety blanket for a rookie QB.

CaliforniaChief 01-06-2013 08:58 AM

Stop doing Madden trades.

bsp4444 01-06-2013 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 9287538)
I'm starting to see more and more idiots asking about trading our BEST player Jamaal Charles. Will someone please shoot these useless jackass so-called fans?

Remember Tony G, Jared Allen, and Brian Waters to name just a few? Guys we traded that are doing great elsewhere while we suffer with lesser talent!

STOP THE INSANITY!!!

%(/

Wasn't it the Jared Allen trade that gave us the ammo to take Charles? I'm not in favor of trading Charles, but if you get the right return...

TEX 01-06-2013 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I'mAlwaysRight (Post 9281360)
Since Reid is a pass-happy kind of HC, and the old saying is that RBs are a dime a dozen, and (pasted from WIKI) He is currently the NFL's all-time leader in yards-per-carry average among running backs with 5.82 YPC.

His trade value will never be higher than right now, and the draft picks we'd get could go a long way toward rebuilding the O Line to protect GENO!!!

What ya think?

:facepalm:

I think with all the new people on this board the posts are getting increasingly stupid. This is 1 of them.

htismaqe 01-06-2013 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bsp4444 (Post 9287558)
Wasn't it the Jared Allen trade that gave us the ammo to take Charles? I'm not in favor of trading Charles, but if you get the right return...

We traded Allen because he had 1 year left on his deal and he wasn't going to sign because of Carl Peterson.

COMPLETELY different situation than Charles.

notorious 01-06-2013 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red And Yellow (Post 9282841)
He has a career average of 5.8 ypc who else did that?

I love Charles, but he is about 10th on my "importance" list when it comes to this team winning the ultimate game.

InChiefsHeaven 01-06-2013 09:19 AM

I doubt Hunt would sign off on trading the lone bright spot in an otherwise abysmal roster. If you plan on drafting a QB and using him right away, you NEED a top tier RB. In the AFC, there is none better than Charles.

Not gonna happen.

htismaqe 01-06-2013 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 9287583)
I love Charles, but he is about 10th on my "importance" list when it comes to this team winning the ultimate game.

If we draft a QB, Charles could be the difference between playing a wildcard playoff game and sitting at home...

mdchiefsfan 01-06-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9287591)
If we draft a QB, Charles could be the difference between playing a wildcard playoff game and sitting at home...

This. Not to mention we haven't even seen what Charles can do when defenses can't stack 8-9 in the box or how a QB that can take advantage of 8-9 in the box will play alongside Charles. God it will be glorious!

threebag 01-06-2013 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9287591)
If we draft a QB, Charles could be the difference between playing a wildcard playoff game and sitting at home...With a first round bye.

Improved your post with Homervision.