ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Peter King: Scouts not impressed with 2013 QB class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=266090)

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9079502)
Smith hasn't handdled the press well at all this year. Saying things like "I don't take anything away from the loss" and telling a reported when put on the spot "That's a stupid question.". He needs to grow up quick if he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

I haven't heard about this stuff. So he is acting worse or similar to the way Cam Newton has acted this year?

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:24 AM

Geno Smith could take his clothes off and start teabagging all the reporters in the room. I wouldn't give a ****ing shit, and neither should you.

Who cares how he handles the media?

Rausch 11-03-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079527)
And Dan Marino used naughty words when he was having a bad practice at Arrowhead.

Dan Marino is the biggest asshole to ever play QB.

Period.

He's a screaming, blame-laying, self-entitled, braggart POS.

I have NONE respect for him.

None.

And he has NONE super bowls.

Perhaps there's a correlation...

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9079533)

Period.

None.

None of those are characteristics of Geno Smith

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR (Post 9079509)
Nothing cute about it. He has shown immaturity in handling the media. Not a good sign when things are going rough.
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah if he is having trouble with the pressure and media at the college level then he is very likely to have those same problems in the NFL. The QB has to be able to always say the right things no matter what. They need to be able to say those things with out much sign of emotion. We don't want Ryan Leaf.

Rausch 11-03-2012 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9079533)

Period.

None.

Just had to get that out there...

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 9079549)
Just had to get that out there...

yeah your use of the word NONE was astounding. LOL

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079537)
Yeah if he is having trouble with the pressure and media at the college level then he is very likely to have those same problems in the NFL. The QB has to be able to always say the right things no matter what. They need to be able to say those things with out much sign of emotion. We don't want Ryan Leaf.

Once again, a QB can handle the media any way he chooses within reason.

I have yet to see a link or actual evidence that Geno said "That's a stupid question" in a press conference. If he did, guess what? I don't care. Tell me how that reflects poorly on his ability to lead a team or be a great character figure just because he told off some slimy snot-nosed reporter.

Rausch 11-03-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079557)

I have yet to see a link or actual evidence that Geno said "That's a stupid question" in a press conference. If he did, guess what? I don't care. Tell me how that reflects poorly on his ability to lead a team or be a great character figure just because he told off some slimy snot-nosed reporter.

McNabb was constantly lambasted for his remarks in the media.

But he won.

****ler is having the bricks thrown at him now.

But he's doing ok.

And most players will talk up Payed-a-ton in the media and go home and tell their wives how much of a slave-driving prick he is.

But, the goofy doucebag wins...

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079557)

Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control.
You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team. You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.
The good ones can always handle themselves in these situations by being calm, cool, and collected.

ILChief 11-03-2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079573)
Because it is a sign of immaturity. It is a sign that he can't handle the situations without losing control.
You don't see the best QB's losing control ever. If you can't handle the media how are you going to be able to handle getting your ass handed to you by a pass rush. You going to act like Jay Cutler and trash your team. You going to act like Ryan Leaf and yell at the media. Or are you going to act like Brady, Manning and so on.
The good ones can always handle themselves in these situations by being calm, cool, and collected.

What did Geno say to the media?

RealSNR 11-03-2012 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 9079573)

The misstatements and stretches in this post are so comical I'm not even going to dignify a response.

In the meantime, you and your buddy TRR can help your case by finding proof that Geno Smith said those things. I keep up to date on my Geno stuff, and have never ever come across those words that he said in a press conference.

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ILChief (Post 9079575)
What did Geno say to the media?

Quote:

Smith hasn't handdled the press well at all this year. Saying things like "I don't take anything away from the loss" and telling a reported when put on the spot "That's a stupid question.". He needs to grow up quick if he's going to be the #1 pick in the draft.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sorter 11-03-2012 11:51 AM

Quote:

Posted via Mobile Device

Sauce?

Chief Roundup 11-03-2012 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9079579)
The misstatements and stretches in this post are so comical I'm not even going to dignify a response.

In the meantime, you and your buddy TRR can help your case by finding proof that Geno Smith said those things. I keep up to date on my Geno stuff, and have never ever come across those words that he said in a press conference.

I never said he said it. I just pointed out the problems if he did say those things and has that type of attitude.

How did I stretch anything or make any misstatements?