ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Path Of Exile (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257971)

jd1020 01-27-2013 09:48 PM

just started killing act 2 boss on my remake, down to half hp and all of a sudden my guy wont stop attacking him and I die. When I tried to use my portal to get back in I get kicked from the server because "Instance does not belong to the owner."

WTF???????????????????????

Now I have to clear all 15 or so of those ****ing stair levels just to get back.

Setsuna 01-29-2013 02:37 PM

Been getting kicked periodically today. Was in the Brutus dungeon and just got kicked. Foresee me doing it all over again with a different style room. Awesome.

Setsuna 01-29-2013 03:12 PM

Back into the Prison. Got booted AGAIN. Done for now.

Bump 01-30-2013 01:44 AM

Almost level 50.

My guy is panning out alright, I still need more survivability and in the middle of Act 2, cruel.

2h mace, I use ground slam and heavy strike mostly. I need better gear with linked sockets. I have ground slam linked to added fire damage and thats pretty awesome and heavy strike linked to +melee damage. It's pretty clear that this game is all about them linked sockets, it's pretty awesome.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-s...8O8i_z3fZI974=

Mr. Laz 01-30-2013 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9363843)
Almost level 50.

My guy is panning out alright, I still need more survivability and in the middle of Act 2, cruel.

2h mace, I use ground slam and heavy strike mostly. I need better gear with linked sockets. I have ground slam linked to added fire damage and thats pretty awesome and heavy strike linked to +melee damage. It's pretty clear that this game is all about them linked sockets, it's pretty awesome.

You can make a character really good by making/upgrading a quality full set of equipment.

Bump 01-30-2013 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9364275)
You can make a character really good by making/upgrading a quality full set of equipment.

ya, I just refuse to spend any of my orbs until I feel like I absolutely need to. Like if I'm dying or too much. I'm sure some of these harder to find orbs will be more common in the next level, but I don't like wasting shit.

Imon Yourside 01-30-2013 01:23 PM

Haven't had a chance to play much lately, lvl 31 and kind of stuck on the act 3 chick that throws lightning balls...Can't do enough damage fast enough to kill her.

Mr. Laz 01-30-2013 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9364908)
ya, I just refuse to spend any of my orbs until I feel like I absolutely need to. Like if I'm dying or too much. I'm sure some of these harder to find orbs will be more common in the next level, but I don't like wasting shit.

:thumb:

Setsuna 01-31-2013 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN (Post 9364978)
Haven't had a chance to play much lately, lvl 31 and kind of stuck on the act 3 chick that throws lightning balls...Can't do enough damage fast enough to kill her.

All about dat lightning resist. The items are around I'm sure. Just grind till you get some? Or reset skill points to elemental resist. I'm going to invest pretty heavily in those for all my characters. I don't like getting raped before I get a chance to swing my weapon on an enemy.

Imon Yourside 01-31-2013 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandusksuna (Post 9368109)
All about dat lightning resist. The items are around I'm sure. Just grind till you get some? Or reset skill points to elemental resist. I'm going to invest pretty heavily in those for all my characters. I don't like getting raped before I get a chance to swing my weapon on an enemy.

Ya i'm just leveling up but at lvl 32 in a lvl 28 area it's slow going. May need to open the game up to help to keep going.

NewChief 01-31-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 9363843)
Almost level 50.

That skill tree is insane.

Despite that skill tree, do players, in practice, end up with very similar builds? I mean, are there agreed upon "best" builds that most people choose, or have they done a good job of balancing?

Fishpicker 01-31-2013 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9368249)

Despite that skill tree, do players, in practice, end up with very similar builds? I mean, are there agreed upon "best" builds that most people choose, or have they done a good job of balancing?

builds are pretty diverse. there are strategies to keep in mind but a player can do whatever they want regardless of where (determined by class) they start. the one thing that most builds have in common is that they focus on defensive/life/resist skills and supplement that with a few offensive points. Dabbling in multiple offensive areas doesn't work well. players need to decide on a path and commit to it to be effective.

the builds can be altered later with re-spec points. So if you make a minor mistake you can subtract points that have been allocated to nodes and put them elsewhere.

Bump 01-31-2013 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 9368249)

there are definitely best skills for each class. Right now I'm pretty sure all Marauders are going for the same things for the most part. I watched some builds of the week on youtube and there are some cool things you can do that I never would have thought of. It's still early as most players are in mid game probably.

Setsuna 01-31-2013 06:06 PM

It all depends on the dungeon shards you acquire in end game. If you are fire based, lightning based, etc and there is a boss with 50% fire, lightning, etc resist you just can't go. Unless you have more than 2 people in your group. I feel like all endgame shards will have some kind of elemental debuff. Might as well spend points in as many resist talents as you can. That's what I'm doing.

Fishpicker 01-31-2013 09:37 PM

is there still a cap on resist percentages?

the real killers are the chilled/frozen, burning, and shocked states. stunned is a problem too