ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV What's the scariest movie you've ever seen? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=251423)

Frosty 10-22-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8031179)
The book is terrifying...

Until the end, and then it's... WTF?

Fairplay 10-22-2011 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8031179)
The book is terrifyingly... long. had to take a few breaks from it that summer..

FYP

Rausch 10-22-2011 11:44 AM

For me it was Communion and The Day After.

otherstar 10-22-2011 07:21 PM

The Hitcher (1986 version) with Rutger Hauer, and The Handmaid's Tale (1990) have always scared me shitles. The Hitcher because it leaves so much to the imagination, and The Handmaid's Tale because it's believable.

Setsuna 10-22-2011 09:18 PM

The Ring

BigMeatballDave 10-22-2011 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Setsuna (Post 8037626)
The Ring

Ugh. HATED that movie. SOOO ****ing stupid. Not scary at all, just reeruned.

How do you not get away from a wet girl crawling out of your TV? ****ing run, dumbasses.

Bambi 10-23-2011 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nzoner (Post 8023331)
Posted some thoughts on some of your choices and would also suggest checking out.

Man Bites Dog

SPOORLOOS-the original of The Vanishing that starred Keifer Sutherland.

The Flock

I haven't seen any of these but have heard good things.

Going to check them out

Bambi 10-23-2011 03:29 AM

IT, the stephen king mini-series really scared me too when i was a kid

Bambi 10-23-2011 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 8023510)
Dude you have ****ed-up taste in movies. You just named most of the movies I refuse to watch.

Cannibal Holocaust? How can you watch a film where they kill real animals onscreen? That shit is sickening.

They do kill and mutilate a large turtle onscreen in that movie which I found to be very distasteful. Not only that, it really had nothing to do with the context of the film.

However Cannibal Holocaust showcases some of the most innovative filmmaking the world has ever seen.

The concept of "found footage" started here and really makes the victims seem completely helpless ala Blair Witch. I'm actually surprised CH hasn't been given more praise and recognition over the years...

But the obvious reason why that is, is that so much of the content of the film is so objectionable.

Easy 6 10-23-2011 12:47 PM

The Shining, best horror movie of all time.

frankotank 10-27-2011 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scott free (Post 8038949)
The Shining, best horror movie of all time.

I'll bet I'm gonna get slammed for saying this....but as a huge Stephen King fan....although I DID like The Shining....I was disappointed because it strayed so much from the book. Jack Nicholson is absolutely awesome in that movie, so it is with much regret that I say, The Shining mini series with the dude from Wings (Stephen Weber??) is better and hangs to the book. If you like the Nicholson version, they you should check out the Weber version. It is really good. Complete with mobile hedge animals instead of a stupid maze. Also, his wife is hot - Shelley Duvall is not....

PS - the movie ending of The Mist really pissed me off! why does hollywood insist on ****ing up a good thing. dammit!

Johnny Vegas 10-27-2011 02:10 PM

The Poughkeepsie Tapes. Its a small budget film.

QuikSsurfer 10-27-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 8036176)
FYP

All stephen king novels are ridiculously long, IMO -- Number of chapters that I just skimmed through.

Frosty 10-27-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frankotank (Post 8053196)
PS - the movie ending of The Mist really pissed me off! why does hollywood insist on ****ing up a good thing. dammit!

Man - this! I hated that ending (other then the Dead Can Dance song). If I rewatch it now, I just shut it off when they drive off from the store.

frankotank 10-27-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QuikSsurfer (Post 8053229)
All stephen king novels are ridiculously long, IMO -- Number of chapters that I just skimmed through.

agreed, but sometimes that's not so bad.....sometimes. The Stand is imo one of the best books ever, and that is one big sob. then they came out with The Stand Expanded which is an even BIGGER sob, it's like Bible big! but it's a good read. gotta say the minis series really did it justice. but a movie can never capture the book.....the book always takes you much deeper.

my son was watching Pet Semetary last night (which has been discussed in here). just so damn creepy seeing that little boy play dead demon thing....