ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV 'Star Wars' saga set for 3D release starting 2012 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=234369)

Frazod 01-23-2012 12:27 AM

I might - MIGHT - go see the original Star Wars in 3D for old times sake. As for the last three overblown shitfests? Forget it.

Hammock Parties 01-23-2012 12:36 AM

Come on, bro.

Seeing the lightsaber duel and the podrace in DLP and 3D is gonna be awesome.

Bowser 01-23-2012 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8320506)
Come on, bro.

Seeing the lightsaber duel and the podrace in DLP and 3D is gonna be awesome.

ANOTHER reason to be pissed - they should not have offed Darth Maul, at least not in th efirst prequel. Easily the best villian since Vader. And a badass, to boot. To get cut down by a padawan? Come on! [/nerd rant]

Hammock Parties 01-23-2012 12:52 AM

Darth Maul was a cool villain because he looked cool. He had zero depth, which is not surprising because he was written by Lucas.

He could have been ****ing awesome if someone else had fleshed him out but as it stands, he's just the Boba Fett of the prequels. Cool looking with little substance.

Swanman 01-23-2012 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Claytex (Post 8320517)
Darth Maul was a cool villain because he looked cool. He had zero depth, which is not surprising because he was written by Lucas.

He could have been ****ing awesome if someone else had fleshed him out but as it stands, he's just the Boba Fett of the prequels. Cool looking with little substance.

There was a book written after the movie that fleshed out his character a little bit more with stuff that happened pre-Episode 1. All in all he was just a big badass, not really a deep backstory like Han Solo or the like.

I just wished they would have fleshed out Dooku a lot more, given he played the central role in the Clone Wars plot. You'd think they would tell us in the movies that Dooku was at one point Yoda's star padawan and deserted the Jedi because he didn't agree with the light side limitations, but they didn't because the script was written by a reeruned chimp.

007 01-23-2012 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swanman (Post 8320739)
There was a book written after the movie that fleshed out his character a little bit more with stuff that happened pre-Episode 1. All in all he was just a big badass, not really a deep backstory like Han Solo or the like.

I just wished they would have fleshed out Dooku a lot more, given he played the central role in the Clone Wars plot. You'd think they would tell us in the movies that Dooku was at one point Yoda's star padawan and deserted the Jedi because he didn't agree with the light side limitations, but they didn't because the script was written by a reeruned chimp.

You are giving too much credit

Huffmeister 01-23-2012 10:53 AM

I must be the only one that enjoyed the prequels.

Was the story as good as episodes 4-6? No.
Were there things that annoyed me in episodes 1-3? Sure.
Were episodes 1-3 fun to watch? Yes, absolutely.

I understand that people are disappointed by the lack of depth, because I was a bit disappointed, too. But the bottom line is that they're fun movies to watch. I think they get bashed way more than they deserve. I think it's a combination of: (a) people's childhood memories of the originals make them seem deeper than they actually are, (b) the originals set the bar extremely high, and (c) prequel hating is the popular thing to do.

007 01-23-2012 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8320884)
I must be the only one that enjoyed the prequels.

Was the story as good as episodes 4-6? No.
Were there things that annoyed me in episodes 1-3? Sure.
Were episodes 1-3 fun to watch? Yes, absolutely.

I understand that people are disappointed by the lack of depth, because I was a bit disappointed, too. But the bottom line is that they're fun movies to watch. I think they get bashed way more than they deserve. I think it's a combination of: (a) people's childhood memories of the originals make them seem deeper than they actually are, (b) the originals set the bar extremely high, and (c) prequel hating is the popular thing to do.

No, really if Lucas hadn't insisted on directing they would have been tons better.

Brock 01-23-2012 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Huffmeister (Post 8320884)

d) Inane, idiotic dialogue that no actor can salvage.

keg in kc 01-23-2012 05:53 PM

I didn't find them fun to watch at all. They were bad movies, plain and simple. Poorly written and poorly executed.

DMAC 02-08-2012 09:27 AM

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=500&h=666

Deberg_1990 02-08-2012 09:41 AM

im curious to see how this does at the box office this weekend. My guess is, not very well. I wonder why they didnt start out with the more highly regarded orginal trilogy??

Frazod 02-08-2012 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8358226)
im curious to see how this does at the box office this weekend. My guess is, not very well. I wonder why they didnt start out with the more highly regarded orginal trilogy??

Because Darth Lucas is a ****ing douche.

Hammock Parties 02-08-2012 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 8358226)

Bullshit. It will be the hottest ticket this weekend, just so parents can take the kids to see Star Wars on the big screen.

DMAC 02-08-2012 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Han Solo (Post 8358273)
Bullshit. It will be the hottest ticket this weekend, just so parents can take the kids to see Star Wars on the big screen.

I'm not. Hopefully my kids will never know about the newer ones.