ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs KCTV Metro sports reported (rumor) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=194043)

AreYouSerious 10-12-2008 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice (Post 5110360)
hope they bring the chicken wings and cold weather...I hear Favre plays pretty well in it. And the Dolphins have probably taken equal strides with the Bills this year. Sorry Bills fans, you're seeking the exact relevance most of us Chiefs fans have been seeking the last ten.

OK, your talking about the AFCE and that's something I know a lot about being a Pats fan.

First, the Dolphins did NOT make equal strides with the Bills. The Bills have been building this team over the last couple of seasons... the Phins just started building this year and have to rely on gimmick plays to win games... they lost today against the winless Texans.

They went 7-9 last season which isn't good... but they did it with 17 guys on injured reserve, and one of them getting paralyzed before making a full recovery. Half of their defense was second and third stringers, and the Pats took FULL advantage of that.

The Jets are not that good of a team either... I say for the next couple of years the Bills and Pats will be battling for the number 1 spot in the east... and if Kraft doesn't do something about this defense they might take the east even when brady is healthy, gulp.

You, my friend, have no idea what your talking about. The Bills will make the playoffs this year and, any team that makes the playoffs has a shot at making the superbowl... last year the Giants snuck into the playoffs and won the SB... I know, I cried about it for hours. Tom Brady's first superbowl, nobody had the Pats going, but we did, and we won.

The Bills didn't just come out of nowhere, they have been building for a few years now, and with their guys healthy and off the IR they have a chance at going deep into the post season.

Hootie 10-12-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5110370)
No way do I have them as any favorites.

They play too inconsistent. If Addai is down for a while, they are screwed against teams that actually have an offense.

I disagree...Addai isn't really anything that special...this was their coming out party. I'll be willing to sig bet with you, or anything, that they win at least 11 games.

GoTrav 10-12-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5110445)
You spin more than Proctor.

give me a bet, Mr. Bad Guy, and I'll take it. I'll say the Dolphins finish with a better record than the Bills....you have a 2 game lead. I need something to root for this season

The Bad Guy 10-12-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice (Post 5110480)
give me a bet, Mr. Bad Guy, and I'll take it. I'll say the Dolphins finish with a better record than the Bills....you have a 2 game lead. I need something to root for this season

I don't bet with screen names.

Hootie 10-12-2008 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 5110439)
If this deal is JP Losman and a 3rd, would you be dissapointed?

Why would they trade J.P. Losman when Trent Edwards has never really had a clean bill of health?

Sure-Oz 10-12-2008 11:13 PM

So the latest rumor is to the bills for a 3rd? What happend to the rumor of Moss and a 4th from the Giants?

aturnis 10-12-2008 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Ice (Post 5110480)

Wow. You are an idiot. Bills are a good team. Phin's are a lucky team.

Mecca 10-12-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie (Post 5110486)
Why would they trade J.P. Losman when Trent Edwards has never really had a clean bill of health?

Actually Losman is the one that gets hurt Edwards got a concussion last week outside of that he's pretty durable.

007 10-12-2008 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5110490)
So the latest rumor is to the bills for a 3rd? What happend to the rumor of Moss and a 4th from the Giants?

3rd and a 6th

Giants supposedly are not interested now.

Hootie 10-12-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 5110496)
Actually Losman is the one that gets hurt Edwards got a concussion last week outside of that he's pretty durable.

I thought Edwards missed some time last year with some injuries...no?

TrickyNicky 10-12-2008 11:15 PM

This just in from a source close to my uncle's barber: The Eagles are offering a sixth and 2010 seventh for Gonzo and a vial of Vermeil tears. I think we should take it.

GoTrav 10-12-2008 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 5110491)

ok

AreYouSerious 10-12-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 5110491)

their luck ran out today against the texans.

The wildcat offense isn't going to work every week. They are grasping at straws and well, it won't last long.

Sure-Oz 10-12-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5110498)
3rd and a 6th

Giants supposedly are not interested now.

Interesting....maybe Cleveland can pull the upset tomorrow and get the Giants back into the hunt. 3rd and a 6th sounds like the best we'll get at this point.

triple 10-12-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 5110490)

i read Glazer's column and it said the giants talked initially but the talks were not productive