ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   WHITLOCK - IT’S TIME TO LOSE FOR THE FUTURE (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=176315)

MahiMike 12-10-2007 10:51 AM

“Our strength is our defense, and we can’t give up 14 points to start out the game and expect to win,” Edwards complained.

And therein lies the fallacy of Herm Edwards and any defensive minded coach. Once a grind-it-out team gets 2 TDs behind, they're done. Game over.

svuba 12-10-2007 11:21 AM

"The Preacher will be preaching this week. He’s embarrassed. If he’s going to lose a game, he’d prefer to lose in the fourth quarter after making everyone suffer through two hours of field-position football." - perfect--- screw herm I hope we get manhandled both of the final 2 games.

Herms mantra should be:

"Win or Loose - You play to be within 3 points of your opponent at the end of the game."

duncan_idaho 12-10-2007 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svuba
"The Preacher will be preaching this week. He’s embarrassed. If he’s going to lose a game, he’d prefer to lose in the fourth quarter after making everyone suffer through two hours of field-position football." - perfect--- screw herm I hope we get manhandled both of the final 2 games.

Herms mantra should be:

"Win or Loose - You play to be within 3 points of your opponent at the end of the game."

:clap:

ChiefsCountry 12-10-2007 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX
Right - and I suppose Herm just sat there with his thumb up his ass while all this was going on. He went to TWO camps with this TURD O-LINE. He knew what we had or didn't have. He was okay with it all. It's time he's held accountable for some issues as well because he's been here long enough.

You know they went into camp last year with Roaf, Shields and company intact. Roaf retired on the day they left for River Falls.

Redrum_69 12-10-2007 11:55 AM

Chiefs will take a kicker in the first, waterboy in the second, towelboy in the third, benchwarmers in the fourth, and the fifth will be traded off to miami for trent green to come back to KC next year.

SBK 12-10-2007 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redrum_69
Chiefs will take a kicker in the first, waterboy in the second, towelboy in the third, benchwarmers in the fourth, and the fifth will be traded off to miami for trent green to come back to KC next year.

The only way we take a towelboy that high is if your mom is in the locker room again and we need someone to clean up the skeet stat.

penguinz 12-10-2007 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
You know they went into camp last year with Roaf, Shields and company intact. Roaf retired on the day they left for River Falls.

They knew well in advance that he was seriously considering retirement. In this case you draft or sign a player to fill the position even if you think the chance of losing him is minimal.

Coogs 12-10-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho
If the Chiefs get into position to get Long in the first and Oher in the second, I would do backflips.

They'd be set at the bookends for the next decade.

Oh, and Carl and Herm must go. They would make me do backflips with a half twist.

I got this bit over at GBN. Does not sound like Oher is going to be available this draft.

Junior rumblings… At least according to his mother, Illinois junior RB Rashard Mendenhall is leaning toward entering the 2008 NFL draft. Mendenhall still has to get a report from the NFL’s special draft advisory committee, but according to his mother "We might want to strike while the iron is hot." And Mendenhall may have an unusual extra motivation to turn pro this winter: if Mendenhall indeed leaves the Illini his older brother Walter would be one of the leading candidates to inherit his job as the starting tailback at Illinois. On the other hand, Mississippi junior OT Michael Oher says he is now “leaning toward coming back" to school or his senior season. Oher had been thought to be leaning the other way, however, has reportedly been inspired to stay in school for another year with the arrival of former Arkansas coach Houston Nutt who has moved over to take over at Ole Miss. Same story for Oklahoma junior MLB Curtis Lofton, the Big XII defensive player of the year, who also will check out his potential draft status but says he would only likely enter the draft if he were rated as a possible top 10-15 prospect which he concedes isn’t likely.

duncan_idaho 12-10-2007 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs
I got this bit over at GBN. Does not sound like Oher is going to be available this draft.

Junior rumblings… At least according to his mother, Illinois junior RB Rashard Mendenhall is leaning toward entering the 2008 NFL draft. Mendenhall still has to get a report from the NFL’s special draft advisory committee, but according to his mother "We might want to strike while the iron is hot." And Mendenhall may have an unusual extra motivation to turn pro this winter: if Mendenhall indeed leaves the Illini his older brother Walter would be one of the leading candidates to inherit his job as the starting tailback at Illinois. On the other hand, Mississippi junior OT Michael Oher says he is now “leaning toward coming back" to school or his senior season. Oher had been thought to be leaning the other way, however, has reportedly been inspired to stay in school for another year with the arrival of former Arkansas coach Houston Nutt who has moved over to take over at Ole Miss. Same story for Oklahoma junior MLB Curtis Lofton, the Big XII defensive player of the year, who also will check out his potential draft status but says he would only likely enter the draft if he were rated as a possible top 10-15 prospect which he concedes isn’t likely.

Damn. Guess I don't need to work on my backflips then, huh?

ChiefsCountry 12-10-2007 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by penguinz
They knew well in advance that he was seriously considering retirement. In this case you draft or sign a player to fill the position even if you think the chance of losing him is minimal.

And if we would have took a tackle in the first two rounds of the 2006 draft this place would have went apeshit.

HemiEd 12-10-2007 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry
And if we would have took a tackle in the first two rounds of the 2006 draft this place would have went apeshit.

I doubt too many people would have been upset not picking Pollard, except Gunther.

Coogs 12-10-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho
Damn. Guess I don't need to work on my backflips then, huh?

:) Guess not. Might not hurt to practice them a bit though, as it didn't say he is staying in school for certain.