ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Tamba Hali? MOTHER F*** you CARL!! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=139909)

banyon 04-29-2006 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
Whatever. You had people whining about picking Derrick Johnson last draft, and trading a 2nd round pick for a Pro Bowl CB in Surtain. .

I was not one of those people. Last year was the first good draft we've had in a long time.

I've got nothing against Pollard personally, he just duplicates positions that we already have (SS) and doesn't fill our extreme need (CB)

banyon 04-29-2006 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe
ROFL

You post sacks, tackles, and tackles for loss.

And then you IGNORE the last 2 stats and focus solely on sacks.

ROFL

earlier in the thread someone explains that he switched from DT to DE.

that makes some sense I guess.

Just think we could've had him 10 picks later, and even if we couldn't have, we would've gotten someone of similar talent to fill a need.

Bwana 04-29-2006 08:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by banyon
Just think we could've had him 10 picks later, and even if we couldn't have, we would've gotten someone of similar talent to fill a need.

How in the hell do you know that? I think I just figured out who you really are.

banyon 04-29-2006 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
How in the hell do you know that? I think I just figured out who you really are.

I think you missed this post the 1st time too.

Quote:

And even if her were somehow snapped up, then we still could've landed Jimmy Williams, Santonio Holmes, Chad Jackson, or Winston Justice, who I bet will all turn out to be better pros than Hali

Coach 04-29-2006 08:37 PM

Let me point out that I remember seeing this same exact thing when we drafted Larry Johnson a few years ago.

I also notice that some of those same people were riding his dick towards victory lane several times last season.

TRR 04-29-2006 08:48 PM

Quote:

I was not one of those people. Last year was the first good draft we've had in a long time.

I've got nothing against Pollard personally, he just duplicates positions that we already have (SS) and doesn't fill our extreme need (CB)

I'm not sure CB is more of a need than a safety is. Even if KC were to draft Youboty, he would be lucky to play as a dime CB. I'm not sure he could beat out Walls, Battle, Sapp, Johnson, Hodge, etc. At least not immediately. Same goes for Pollard. Obviously there was a need for some CB depth, and a need for some safety depth. The KC war room must have felt that Pollard as the safety depth was better than Youboty being a Dime or Quarter CB.

You have to understand that Pollard is a phenom on special teams according to most. Maybe they felt Pollard brings more instant impact to the present?

Bwana 04-29-2006 08:50 PM

Quote:

I think you missed this post the 1st time too.

No, no I didn't. I just want to give the guy a chance before sticking a fork in him. :shrug:

Coach 04-29-2006 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana
No, no I didn't. I just want to give the guy a chance before sticking a fork in him. :shrug:

Exactly. I learned my lesson when LJ did got his chance.

banyon 04-29-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
I'm not sure CB is more of a need than a safety is. Even if KC were to draft Youboty, he would be lucky to play as a dime CB. I'm not sure he could beat out Walls, Battle, Sapp, Johnson, Hodge, etc. At least not immediately. Same goes for Pollard. Obviously there was a need for some CB depth, and a need for some safety depth. The KC war room must have felt that Pollard as the safety depth was better than Youboty being a Dime or Quarter CB.

You have to understand that Pollard is a phenom on special teams according to most. Maybe they felt Pollard brings more instant impact to the present?

We shouldn't be drafting special teamers in the 2nd round. That's what the fifth round is for.

TRR 04-29-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

We shouldn't be drafting special teamers in the 2nd round. That's what the fifth round is for.

Most 2nd rounders always come in and play Special Teams. You missed the point however....Youboty or Pollard, they both are just depth for the time being.

Simply Red 04-29-2006 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can
40 doesn't mean shit..no runs a 40 during a football game...believe your eyes, not a workout in shorts

that's what Edwards said he would do...I give him credit for being consistent, we'll see how it works out...I'm excited

Well Done t.T.C!

banyon 04-29-2006 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRR
Most 2nd rounders always come in and play Special Teams. You missed the point however....Youboty or Pollard, they both are just depth for the time being.

moving up like ATL did and taking Jimmy Williams wouldn't have been depth. He'd have started for us, hell he'll probably start for ATL.

MahiMike 04-29-2006 09:06 PM

What's your problem dude? We pick #20. Reach or not, I'm stoked we got this guy. I'm glad they went D-line first instead of CB.

htismaqe 04-29-2006 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike
What's your problem dude? We pick #20. Reach or not, I'm stoked we got this guy. I'm glad they went D-line first instead of CB.

This happens every year.

It's usually deserved, but I really think they did well this year.

J Diddy 04-29-2006 09:09 PM

Quote:

Did you happen to watch our special teams last year?