ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs [KC taking a QB #1] "I say absolutely no chance of that happening." -Mel Kiper (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269805)

KCrockaholic 02-08-2013 02:46 AM

So how did we manage to get 2 Jags fans here in the first place? Of all teams.

NJChiefsFan 02-08-2013 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fairplay (Post 9386677)
Good answer (liked you passed a test), Ultimately I do trust Dorsey and Reid on this matter like you and understand that they know what they are looking for and coming up with a plan.
I would like to see Cassel gone actually with Stanzi packing his bags as well.

That poses the question, say we draft Geno or Wilson, we need to fill in the second and third string positions. Preferably with some experience but with who?

I like the model that WAS did this year with RG3 and then Cousins. If a guy like Bray or Manuel dropped I would be happy with that. I don't see them dropping anywhere near the late 3rd though. In a perfect world one of them would be there for our comp pick in the 3rd because I think our 2nd and 3rd round pick need to go towards some combo of CB, S, and LB. Still have a lot of holes to fill.

I would rather go that route honestly than a vet backup, but I would also be cool with a guy like Hasselbeck coming in for a year. The third year guy can be anybody Reid thinks has a chance to at least develop into a decent backup someday. 1 of the three is going to have to come from FA you would imagine, unless they plan on keeping Stanzi at 3.

B14ckmon 02-08-2013 03:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9386695)

I came here to discuss Geno Smith, who went to my highschool.

Setstuna came here literally, because he got laughed off the Jaguars board.

Setsuna 02-08-2013 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCrockaholic (Post 9386695)

One is here because he wanted to find a football forum that had the least amount of rules possible and actually like the Chiefs. Another wanted to come here to troll. Can you guess which one is which?

Hint: Post count

Second hint if you're dumb: Rep

Third hint: CC get a clue

Quote:

Originally Posted by B14ckmon (Post 9386705)
I came here to discuss Geno Smith, who went to my highschool.

Setstuna came here literally, because he got laughed off the Jaguars board.

Sigh. Don't embarrass yourself more than you already have.

Rasputin 02-08-2013 07:58 AM

I blame the ozone and global warming on Mel Kiper use of hair spray.

the Talking Can 02-08-2013 08:13 AM

my "Chiefs Will Draft A QB" confidence meter just rose 10 points....

Three7s 02-08-2013 08:32 AM

How in the world does the OP still have positive rep? He should be negged into obliviion by now for this joke of a thread.

MahiMike 02-08-2013 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9386259)
When have we had this situation before? Who is like Reid that the Chiefs have had?

Vermiel.

Jayhawk Chief 02-08-2013 09:21 AM

It's a foolish thing to say. If he's wrong, he looks like an ass forever. Just like some of his other dumbassery statements.

Messier 02-08-2013 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 9386863)
Vermiel.

I thought Vermeil too at first. But his style was to delegate, and let his coordinators run the game. Vermeil wasn't an offensive guru, he was a CEO. And really when he was an assistant, he specialized in special teams.

Reid is the first real offensive mind we've had as coach. An offensive mind that's focused on the QB.

DC.chief 02-08-2013 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9386698)
I would rather go that route honestly than a vet backup, but I would also be cool with a guy like Hasselbeck coming in for a year. The third year guy can be anybody Reid thinks has a chance to at least develop into a decent backup someday. 1 of the three is going to have to come from FA you would imagine, unless they plan on keeping Stanzi at 3.

I wouldn't mind having hass for a year too but he's already stated that he's willing to take a pay cut to stay in TN. We can scratch that off the list.

Demonpenz 02-08-2013 10:32 AM

Vick

Sorter 02-08-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DC.chief (Post 9387035)
I wouldn't mind having hass for a year too but he's already stated that he's willing to take a pay cut to stay in TN. We can scratch that off the list.

Yup.

MahiMike 02-08-2013 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9386442)
I was 100% right about Damon Huard being a better QB for that Chiefs team than Trent Green. 100%.

100% right.

Blasphemy! Trent Green is the best QB this team has ever had. 100% right.

King_Chief_Fan 02-08-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9386672)
I have the view that many here do. That you aren't anything without a QB and that it's worth taking one even if it's a bit of a leap at 1.1. I don't actually think it is a leap at 1.1 to be thinking about Geno, Wilson, or hell, Barkley. I want Geno. I would be OK with Wilson. Hell, to be honest, I do trust Reid and Dorsey. I know I did that with ***** as well but I do think this is different.

There are certainly things Reid and Dorsey could do to make me question them right away. They stick with Cassel they can **** themselves but they aren't going to do that. I'm not big on Alex Smith, so if they bring him in I'm going to be disappointed. They pass on a QB in the first I'm going to be disappointed because I don't see the ones worth it lasting until our next pick.

Are you absolutely sure about that? Can you see Cassel staying as a back up? He knows there isn't another team in the world that would make him a starter so, maybe he lucks out and stays put.
Excuse me, I need to leave I just made myself ill.