ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Misc I don't want to panic anyone, but Ebola may be coming to a town near you (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285305)

htismaqe 08-22-2014 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10840071)
Plus Atlanta isn't exactly the middle of the continental US.....

To be fair, it's one of the busiest airports in the country.

Mr. Laz 08-22-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 10840071)
. It was simply the fact that there was never any danger

not true

low isn't the same as no danger

considering the potential disaster if something did go wrong, i just didn't think we should take the risk

Plane crash,nature disaster ... anything at all and we could have an outbreak just like they do in Africa

Total arrogance that the doctors think they could control every possibility

glad it seems like nothing went wrong, although we won't know for sure for awhile

Mr. Laz 08-22-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 10840080)
What part of Ebola is hard to catch dont you understand?

I don't give a single ****ing shit how difficult it is to catch

You don't invite a potential medical disaster into the country if you don't have to

doctors cared more about getting to play with their disease than they did the thousands of lives they put at risk

Donger 08-22-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10840091)
Plane crash,nature disaster ... anything at all and we could have an outbreak just like they do in Africa

I'd say that's just a tad of an exaggeration, since we have slightly superior medical care and facilities here.

Fish 08-22-2014 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 10840091)
not true

low isn't the same as no danger

considering the potential disaster if something did go wrong, i just didn't think we should take the risk

Total arrogance that the doctors think they could control every possibility

glad it seems like nothing went wrong, although we won't know for sure for awhile

The entire point is that there was never any potential for disaster. You're still going on about some risk, but there was never any risk to begin with. That's what you're not understanding. It's not that the got away with something risky, it's that the risk was never there. There was no way this could have turned into an outbreak epidemic like it Africa simply because our country is not Africa. Even a plane crash or natural disaster would not have resulted in an outbreak. That's what the medical professionals tried to explain.

Mr. Laz 09-02-2014 11:22 AM

Another American Doctor in Liberia Tests Positive for Ebola
BY COLIN DAILEDA & AMANDA WILLS
5 minutes ago

An American doctor working as a missionary in Liberia has tested positive for Ebola, says SIM (Serving In Mission), a Christian ministry organization based in North Carolina.

The doctor, who remains unidentified, was treating obstetrics patients at SIM’s ELWA hospital in Monrovia, but was not working directly with Ebola patients. According to SIM, it's unknown how he contracted the virus.

SEE ALSO: What Life Is Like in a Country Haunted by Ebola

Ebola has killed more than 1,500 people in Sierra Leone, Guinea, Liberia and Nigeria and has now appeared in a fifth West African country, Senegal, in the worst outbreak ever recorded.

This is a developing story. We will continue to update as more information becomes available.

Mr. Laz 09-04-2014 02:57 PM

Missionary infected with Ebola while working in Liberia to get treatment at Nebraska hospital

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
September 04, 2014 - 4:55 pm EDT

CHARLOTTE, North Carolina — A North Carolina-based charity says the missionary who was infected with Ebola while serving in Liberia is being flown to a Nebraska hospital for treatment.

A statement from SIM on Thursday says Dr. Rick Sacra is being flown to The Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha. He is expected to arrive on Friday and begin treatment in the hospital's Biocontainment Patient Care Unit.

SIM president Bruce Johnson says Sacra was receiving excellent care from staff at a care center in Liberia, but he says the Nebraska facility provides advanced monitoring equipment and a wider availability of treatment options.

Sacra, a doctor from the Boston area, opted to head to Liberia after hearing that two other missionaries were sick. He was infected by the virus that has killed about 1,900 people.

L.A. Chieffan 09-04-2014 03:42 PM

Are we all dead yet?

Skyy God 09-30-2014 03:57 PM

And it's Dallas. Step right up Dallas and claim your prize.

lcarus 09-30-2014 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10963512)

Damn it. I'm 4 hours away from Dallas.

BWillie 09-30-2014 04:02 PM

Still don't quite understand how people are able to freely fly back and forth from Liberia to the United States...but whatever, who cares if we introduce Ebola to the US...

ShowtimeSBMVP 09-30-2014 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 10963512)

Sounds like he was just in the U.S to visit.

thecoffeeguy 09-30-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsandO'sfan (Post 10963526)
Sounds like he was just in the U.S to visit.

send him back....

loochy 09-30-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10963515)

Damn it. I'm 30 minutes away from Dallas

Skyy God 09-30-2014 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 10963515)

Ebola AND a 3-1 Cowboys team? Prayers sent.