ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life Well, Bye, Kansas City... (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=308263)

The Franchise 06-14-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12916428)
LMAO

You must have a pretty sweet van.

Rain Man 06-14-2017 01:00 PM

What's the cost per hour for Uber? You could get an uber every night and give them a destination that's eight hours away, and then sleep in the back seat. Edit: four hours away, and then pin a note to your shirt telling them to bring you back when you arrive.

Halfcan 06-14-2017 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 12916381)
NoCal is fantastic, loved Yosemite and have spent several vacations in Lake Tahoe. Would love to get back out there again sometime. Never been to SoCal and don't really have any desire to visit there.

One of the best places we ever camped in California was in Chula Vista. It has probably changed for the worst since we were there, but it used to be a very nice place. I liked the beautiful weather, the small town feel of the square, the little one movie theater and the very friendly folks that lived there.

Yosemite is on my list as one of the National Parks I have not been too.

Good to see California has finally had some rain. Last time I was there, most of the state was dry, brown and ugly. A lot of the forest had burned in the southern part.

One thing they will never beat my hometown on is the water from the tap. We have the best water in the country. California water sucks. It would get expensive buying bottled water all the time.

DaneMcCloud 06-14-2017 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 12916449)
What's the cost per hour for Uber?

Unlike traditional Taxi's, Uber charges from destination to destination, regardless of the time passed during the commute.

DaneMcCloud 06-14-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 12916456)
California water sucks. It would get expensive buying bottled water all the time.

A 24 pack of 16oz bottles costs $3 dollars at Costco.

Furthermore, filters for water through a refrigerator cost $18 dollars for 300 gallons of water or six months usage.

BWillie 06-14-2017 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12916428)
LMAO

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...nap-story.html

DaneMcCloud 06-14-2017 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12916540)

And I hope you realize that there are more than 11 million people living in LA County and another 10 million in the LA Basin.

More than 4,600 cars and RVS were in use as living quarters this year in Los Angeles

tooge 06-14-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12916156)
If I had my druthers, we'd live in Marin as opposed to the heart of Hollywood but all of the studios and production companies are located here.

My children are also planning to be in the entertainment business as well, so it would make it much harder for them if we moved 400 miles north, when Disney, Uni and Warner Brothers are 12 minutes away.

Marin County is gorgeous. I lived in downtown SF a couple of summers while in college. Loved it. Got across the bridge often. Also lived across the bay in the San Mateo area and liked that also.

DaneMcCloud 06-14-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tooge (Post 12916558)
Marin County is gorgeous. I lived in downtown SF a couple of summers while in college. Loved it. Got across the bridge often. Also lived across the bay in the San Mateo area and liked that also.

Agreed. My wife's from NorCal so I've been there several times and even proposed on Pier 39.

I lived in Berkeley during the summer of '93 and that was a blast.

BWillie 06-14-2017 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 12916542)
And I hope you realize that there are more than 11 million people living in LA County and another 10 million in the LA Basin.

More than 4,600 cars and RVS were in use as living quarters this year in Los Angeles

I'm just saying it's a trend. Tons of vlogs and even a reddit sub category for van dwellers in SoCal. 4,600 is just an estimate. It's hard to point out a van dweller. I'm sure they don't go around bragging about it.

DaneMcCloud 06-14-2017 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12916582)
I'm just saying it's a trend. Tons of vlogs and even a reddit sub category for van dwellers in SoCal. 4,600 is just an estimate. It's hard to point out a van dweller. I'm sure they don't go around bragging about it.

Good ****ing god, Dude. It's not a "trend".

Do you know why there are people living in their vehicles at the beach or around town? Because many CHOOSE to do so.

Also, you're not going to die in the climate when it rarely even reaches 50 degrees at night.

And 4,600 out of 11 million people is 0.000418182%.

lewdog 06-14-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 12916582)

People have been living in vans for a long time, especially in that part of the country where there isn't much winter. Also why the homeless population is so big there.

Just because it gets some ****ing press doesn't mean it's something that's new or a "trend."

KCUnited 06-14-2017 05:23 PM

Don't care how healthy you're trying to convince everyone you are, 6 months from now you're going to get a hankerin' for some QuikTrip.

TribalElder 06-14-2017 05:44 PM

Does California pay everyone like 300k or something? How is it even possible financially?

Clyde Frog 06-14-2017 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 12916798)
Does California pay everyone like 300k or something? How is it even possible financially?

I wish. Roommates, rent control and the further East or away from the major cities you live, the cheaper it gets.