ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

kcxiv 04-03-2012 05:42 PM

Got massive ratings 3.9 millin and a 2.0 in the demo.

Not bad GOT

BigRedChief 04-03-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 8513833)
Good lord man, how many GoT threads do we need???

At least one more. :rolleyes:

keg in kc 04-03-2012 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8515887)
At least one more. :rolleyes:

Not sure if serious.

mnchiefsguy 04-03-2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fruit Ninja (Post 8515795)
Got massive ratings 3.9 millin and a 2.0 in the demo.

Not bad GOT

Pretty much guaranteed another season, maybe two with that strong showing. GOT smoked Mad Men and The Killing that night, hopefully they can keep it up all season long.

NewChief 04-03-2012 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 8516125)
Pretty much guaranteed another season, maybe two with that strong showing. GOT smoked Mad Men and The Killing that night, hopefully they can keep it up all season long.

They won't, imo. They were offering HBO for free on most providers that night. I was able to watch on the TV, which I usually can't.

mnchiefsguy 04-03-2012 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8516133)
They won't, imo. They were offering HBO for free on most providers that night. I was able to watch on the TV, which I usually can't.

Yeah, I doubt they can keep up that rating. I was saying that hopefully they can continue to outperform Mad Men and The Killing...those two shows are on non-premium cable channels, so if GOT can continue to outpace them, it will be good for the show.

underEJ 04-03-2012 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 8516133)

Just an fyi, in the past, no viewers from a free preview were counted by nielsen's for a premium cable show. I have an hbo producer friend and can try to confirm that remains the same today.

NewChief 04-03-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 8516160)
Just an fyi, in the past, no viewers from a free preview were counted by nielsen's for a premium cable show. I have an hbo producer friend and can try to confirm that remains the same today.

Ahh, interesting.

mnchiefsguy 04-03-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by underEJ (Post 8516160)

Wow...that would make that number even more impressive.

keg in kc 04-03-2012 08:23 PM

I don't think they need to artificially increase their numbers. It was more viewers than last season's finale, but not a crazy number.

If the first four eps are as good as purported, they shouldn't have any problems with their audience.

BigRedChief 04-03-2012 09:20 PM

Watched the first episode. How many different factions can be at war with everyone else? Makes no sense. It's not logical. They need to band together and qucik ****ing around. Lannisters vs. Starks. Let the heads roll.

And we need more titties, not babies being killed, too damn bibical for me,

KcMizzou 04-03-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8516368)
Watched the first episode. How many different factions can be at war with everyone else? Makes no sense. It's not logical. They need to band together and qucik ****ing around. Lannisters vs. Starks. Let the heads roll.

It's a power vacuum. Nobody's sure who's in charge, so every faction decides they should be. Meanwhile, the real threat is up north of the wall.

keg in kc 04-03-2012 09:29 PM

The ironic thing about it making no sense is that (this doesn't spoil anything in any way...) Martin based much of the intrigue on real life events in medieval england. So it may not make sense in what we're used to seeing in fantasy or fiction in general, but it makes total sense in real world terms.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-04-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 8515729)
Give this man a hand!

:)

Hawk 04-04-2012 08:06 AM

It makes sense, people will make a power grab if they can, that's human nature. Plus the seven kingdoms in the show used to be separate until the Targaryans and their dragons defeated them all and made them into one kingdom. Not surprising that there might be different people vying for power when the named king (Joffrey) is rightly suspected of being a bastard and not a true heir or king. As the poster above mentioned, if you read English medieval history, there is much real world precedent for these types of events and civil wars, especially the War of the Roses.