ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs Are "Begging" To Get Out Of 1st Pick (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=272119)

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richard_Cuckold (Post 9589859)
God our organization is ran by idiots.

Have a chance to draft a young talented QB, but instead we'll most likely trade it. FML

Bunch of people said the same thing when they passed on Mark Sanchez.

It was meltdown city.

Taking a QB just to take one is stupid.

If we pass on Geno and he turns out to be great THEN they are idiots.

RNR 04-15-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589846)
You say that like it's a bad thing.

If Geno lands with the right team, he's going to be a star in this league. And unfortunately, that team won't be my Kansas City Chiefs.

At least I'll have Alex Smith. Whoopee. :grr:

As I have said before I don't think this kid is the answer. I am not a huge fan of Alex Smith either. I do think the Smith you already have is enough to make a run at the west~

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589872)

It was meltdown city.

Not really. There was something else at work for why people were pissed about not drafting Sanchez.

I'll give you a hint. It starts with a T and rhymes with "Bryson Jackson"

Rasputin 04-15-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589872)

It was meltdown city.

Not stupid to take a glorified chance at a sollid QB prospect.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9589905)

ESPECIALLY when we already have a pretty good LT, two pass rushers, and have used free agency to fill as many holes as possible.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589896)
Not really. There was something else at work for why people were pissed about not drafting Sanchez.

I'll give you a hint. It starts with a T and rhymes with "Bryson Jackson"

which was also twisted because Tyson Jackson has turned out to be a solid player.

Not worth the high pick, but solid

If Alex Smiths is 'meh' and Geno Smith turns out to be great then Reid and Dorsey will both probably get fired eventually for it.

Their evaluation about Geno Smith MUST be right.

If they think Geno Smith sucks then they should pass on him.

Getting a good player is more important than getting a certain position.

cabletech94 04-15-2013 07:14 PM

10 more days. just. 10. more. days.

Mr. Laz 04-15-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 9589905)

say whatever you want, but if they draft Geno Smith and he sucks then it's a big problem and will cost them.

Gravedigger 04-15-2013 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589927)
say whatever you want, but if they draft Geno Smith and he sucks then it's a big probably and will cost them.

It'll give them more time than just having Alex Smith suck for three or four years. If you take the chance with a QB in the first round, something you haven't done since I was born, and you fail, you'll get another chance because at least you took that chance for the first time in three decades. If you fail on a retread QB, like the last regime failed bigtime on Matt Cassel, then didn't pull him when he clearly didn't deserve the job, THEN you find yourself with banners flying in the sky and fans wanting blood.

DTLB58 04-15-2013 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9589846)
You say that like it's a bad thing.

If Geno lands with the right team, he's going to be a star in this league. And unfortunately, that team won't be my Kansas City Chiefs.

At least I'll have Alex Smith. Whoopee. :grr:

Just like how Alex Smith finally got the right coach/system to play under?

I have said for years that it is so important where a player goes coming out of college ie. coaches/system.

You are already putting the caveat out there that Geno has to go to the right team, so then why doesn't the same apply for Smith? Unless you feel Smith either wasn't successful under Harbaugh and or Reid isn't going to come close to what Jim did with him?

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Laz (Post 9589921)
which was also twisted because Tyson Jackson has turned out to be a solid player.

Not worth the high pick, but solid

If Alex Smiths is 'meh' and Geno Smith turns out to be great then Reid and Dorsey will both probably get fired eventually for it.

Their evaluation about Geno Smith MUST be right.

If they think Geno Smith sucks then they should pass on him.

Getting a good player is more important than getting a certain position.

This is COMPLETE revisionist history.

The Chiefs didn't select Harvin, Matthews, Cushing or Maclin. They chose a shitbag 5 tech that finally, after four years in the league, proved he wasn't a completely worthless sack of shit.

Justified or not, Mario Williams received a $100 million dollar contract: Tyson Jackson got $4 million.

He was as bad a selection as it gets in the Top 3.

patteeu 04-15-2013 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9589824)
So you are saying because he doesn't regret it, it was the right move?

No. Someone said he regrets it. I said he doesn't regret it and linked to an article where he says he'd do it over and over. You and a few others entered the picture and went off half-cocked.

DaneMcCloud 04-15-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 9589924)
10 more days. just. 10. more. days.

Oh, it won't end there, Dude.

This shit will rage for years, or at least until the Chiefs win something of note.

RealSNR 04-15-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTLB58 (Post 9589946)
Just like how Alex Smith finally got the right coach/system to play under?

I have said for years that it is so important where a player goes coming out of college ie. coaches/system.

You are already putting the caveat out there that Geno has to go to the right team, so then why doesn't the same apply for Smith? Unless you feel Smith either wasn't successful under Harbaugh and or Reid isn't going to come close to what Jim did with him?

I don't expect Geno to go to the New York Jets, start from Day One, and not only make everybody around him better as early as his first year but also turn into the kind of player he could be if he had been drafted by Andy Reid and surrounded by the players he has in Kansas City. Like it or not, those factors play ESPECIALLY into a QB's development.

I know of very few QBs who get drafted that can perform the expectations that will be placed upon Geno. He probably won't get a full year. People are going to say, "UHP SEE ALL THE QBS SUCK! DITCH HIM AND MOVE ON." Stafford got a long time to buck up (and he still isn't that good in my opinion). Geno will not have what Stafford had, even though he should.

I really think had Geno gone to the Chiefs it would be close to a surefire homerun for the Chiefs. At least a year on the bench to get acquainted plus Reid and Pederson plus the offensive talent is EXACTLY what he needed to achieve his full NFL potential. There is no other team in the NFL I can think of that would have been better for a young QB than KC this year.

That's just kind of sad that we didn't even try to take advantage of that. WHENEVER the time comes that we want to draft a QB in the first round, the environment and setting I guarangoddamntee you will not be as cushy and nice as it was in 2013.

patteeu 04-15-2013 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9589836)
Haha

So, he didn't let him walk...but he is currently a Ram.

Got it.

It's widely believed that the Rams and the Dolphins were both bidding for his services. If you call that "letting him walk", that's fine. On a related note, I don't know why we let Denver steal Peyton Manning from us last year.