ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

O.city 01-15-2013 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9321804)
Since he started his losing streak against Texas Tech on October 13th, Geno has converted 56/139 on 3rd down.

40% of the time he's converting 3rd down. Even against Texas when he had a good game, he was 3/12 on 3rd down.

No concern? Idk the other QB's 3rd down % but it seems fishy to me.

The best team in the NFL converted 48 percent of third downs. 40 would put us about 10. I'd take that.

O.city 01-15-2013 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9321807)
Geno had a great 4th quarter, but Tavon played a huge role.

So we should hold that against him? He can't use Charles when he gets here?

Chiefnj2 01-15-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9321809)
It's more than offset by his Orange Bowl performance.

Why does an irrelevant exhibition game in miserable conditions mean so much to you people?

He didn't play well. But we've seen him crush the opponent in a far larger Bowl game the year before.

Thank God he had that bad game, though. It helped flush out the idiots that were just laying in the weeds desperately waiting for the kid to be something less than superhuman.

I don't think a QB's final college game should be viewed as an "irrelevant exhibition game". Teams want to win their bowl games. Smith made it a point of saying how much he studied Syracuse and wanted to beat them. No college player wants to leave scouts with a sour taste in their mouth.

2 iffy weather games for Smith (Tx Tech wind and Syracuse) and he wasn't able to show that he could drive the ball very well.

Chiefnj2 01-15-2013 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9321820)
So we should hold that against him? He can't use Charles when he gets here?

It wasn't "single handedly" if Tavon Austin did a lot of the heavy lifting.

O.city 01-15-2013 05:27 PM

What about he Iowa State game, where he did drive the ball?

duncan_idaho 01-15-2013 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9321801)
Joeckel is not Ogden. Ogden was a road-grater and a monster of a human being with TE athleticism.

Joeckel is a big guy that's athletic for a big guy. He's a longer-armed version of Jake Long. He's a top 10 LT in the league that probably doesn't project as much of a run blocker.

Hell, he's Ryan !@#$ing Clady.

He's NOT Jonathan Ogden.

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9321799)
Also, what kind of genius compares Luke Joeckel to Jonathan Ogden?

The same type that compares Geno Smith to Tim Tebow?

I mean, come on. Ogden was a physical monster/freak of nature at 6'9/300+ who was clearly going to be dominant in both phases of the game because he had elite LT athleticism in a road grader body, a combo that no DL can really match in either phase of the game.

Joeckel is NOWHERE close to that. He's NOT a physical specimen (for an OT).

Insane.

Get out of my head, demon David Blaine.

O.city 01-15-2013 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9321826)
It wasn't "single handedly" if Tavon Austin did a lot of the heavy lifting.

In the fourth quarter he threw 3 TD passes not to Austin.

Cephalic Trauma 01-15-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_AM_Chief (Post 9321795)
629 pages on Geno freaking Smith really shows how far this organization has fallen. Christ what a fail. Chiefs will continue to be the Chiefs if we draft Geno.

See, this is where I think a lot of angst came from when I asked questions about Geno. D-bags like you who bust in and insult everyone in the thread. Then I get lumped in with people like you.

O.city 01-15-2013 05:33 PM

Just curious, but you guys that don't like Geno as a prospect, what kind of prospect do you want? What kind of prospect would you take at 1 overall?

Prospect, not what they have become, but at the draft time.

Cephalic Trauma 01-15-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Joeckel is not Ogden. Ogden was a road-grater and a monster of a human being with TE athleticism.

Joeckel is a big guy that's athletic for a big guy. He's a longer-armed version of Jake Long. He's a top 10 LT in the league that probably doesn't project as much of a run blocker.

He's NOT Jonathan Ogden.

I think around draft time, it's trendy to refer to prospects as potential first ballot HOFers because it builds excitement for the draft. The problem is people don't consider the facts when making statements like that.

If Dorsey said it, I'd be worried. Since it came from NFL Philosophy, fock 'em

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9321736)
Ogden was a first ballot HOF'er.

I mean, it would be hard to turn that down.

So was Willie Roaf.

And we won how many playoff games with him along with fellow Hall of Famer Will Sheilds and three All-Pro's at the other line positions?

And there is no ****ing way that Joeckel is even remotely close to Ogden. That's deranged shit right there.

O.city 01-15-2013 05:47 PM

IMO, the "right" QB, is all about the perfect match. He has to match up perfectly in the correct system.

So, thats what we have to identify.

Jerm 01-15-2013 05:48 PM

And Geno is a PERFECT fit for Reid's WCO...

htismaqe 01-15-2013 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 (Post 9321807)
Geno had a great 4th quarter, but Tavon played a huge role.

Well no shit. He can't throw it to himself.

htismaqe 01-15-2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9321866)
So was Willie Roaf.

And we won how many playoff games with him along with fellow Hall of Famer Will Sheilds and three All-Pro's at the other line positions?

And there is no ****ing way that Joeckel is even remotely close to Ogden. That's deranged shit right there.

On a 5 man line, we had two HoFers and 2 MORE perennial All Pros. We won exactly ZERO ****ing playoff games.

**** LUKE JOECKEL.

**** TAKING A LT FIRST.

AND **** ANYBODY THAT ACTUALL WANTS TO.

Cephalic Trauma 01-15-2013 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9321896)
On a 5 man line, we had two HoFers and 2 MORE perennial All Pros. We won exactly ZERO ****ing playoff games.

**** LUKE JOECKEL.

**** TAKING A LT FIRST.

AND **** ANYBODY THAT ACTUALL WANTS TO.

RAGE!!! ANGT!!!!

htismaqe 01-15-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9321906)
RAGE!!! ANGT!!!!

**** YOU!

:D

HolyHat 01-15-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

He's NOT Jonathan Ogden.

:clap:

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Three7s (Post 9321805)
I'd never even heard of Joeckel before he started getting pub for helping Tannehill''s performance. This fanbase is nuts.

You must not follow college then

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus (Post 9321914)
You must not follow college then

Beat it Knowmo.

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9321831)
Get out of my head, demon David Blaine.

No shit.

I'd like to think you and I aren't the dumbest people on this board. I'm thinking when we're literally parroting each other, that should probably carry a little bit of weight.

RunKC 01-15-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9321888)
IMO, the "right" QB, is all about the perfect match. He has to match up perfectly in the correct system.

So, thats what we have to identify.

Would not be surprised to see Tyler Bray to be honest. I think he has a higher ceiling of anyone in the draft. He is clearly a boom or bust pick though.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-15-2013 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9321918)
Beat it Knowmo.

We think we have him defeated and he turns into 100 Agent Smiths

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9321866)
So was Willie Roaf.

Remember when Joeckel was a Heisman finalist? Oh yeah...that didn't happen.

This isn't Orlando Pace. He hasn't played football in a month but suddenly Joeckel went from an obscure lineman in front of the most mobile QB in college football to being on par with a guy that absolutely abused college football for 2 seasons in Pace. Why? Because Mel !@#$ing Kiper said so and people are too lazy to think for themselves.

This isn't even Joe Thomas. Hell, I don't think the guy is Ryan Khalil.

Idiots. Wall to wall idiots.

ARROW2 01-15-2013 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmTheWalrus (Post 9321792)
Top 3 OT in the league or a guy who can barely win a playoff game with superior talent all around him....very tough question:rolleyes:

And how many playoff games has Long won? Roll your eyes to that shit.....Matt Ryan just won a playoff game and is one game away from the SB. How many playoff games has Jake Long even PLAYED in? Roll those eyes.....ROFL

ARROW2 01-15-2013 06:07 PM

We already have an excellent LT...A bunch of scared pussies on this board...

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9321935)
Would not be surprised to see Tyler Bray to be honest. I think he has a higher ceiling of anyone in the draft. He is clearly a boom or bust pick though.

I've seen mocks that have him falling to the 3rd round - that's a no-brainer of a selection.

But there's no way it happens.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9321935)

Nassib is a very talented QB.
Glennon is the new name in the media.
Dysert is a man child.
Scott needs to learn some things

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:10 PM

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.

Done with this guy

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:10 PM

Double post for the tard on twitter

duncan_idaho 01-15-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9321932)
No shit.

I'd like to think you and I aren't the dumbest people on this board. I'm thinking when we're literally parroting each other, that should probably carry a little bit of weight.

Especially considering I am not typically a QB-lover. In fact, I think Hamas still hates me because I pooh-poohed Matthew Stafford.

Molitoth 01-15-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9321953)

If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.

Done with this guy

I like Mallet, but a 1st overall pick? What a ****ing reerun.
Geno Smith is twice the prospect.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2013 06:15 PM

Also, regarding Tyler Bray:

He's an incredibly spoiled, entitled person who has problems accepting responsibility, lacks maturity and isn't obsessed with football.

There's a chance he pulls a Brett Favre and overcomes that. I think it's more likely he JaPorky/Ryan Leaf or even Jeff George clone. Someone who has a rocket right arm and could be an elite QB if he wasn't such a douchebag.

And if that doesn't turn you...

He was confounded for AN ENTIRE HALF by the defensive group piloted by DAVE FREAKIN STECKEL of Missouri. The defensive group that hasn't had an entire, good half against a legitimate passing attack in his entire time as the DC. The defensive group that got clown shoes hung on it BY THE PASSING OF CONNOR SHAW.

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silver5liter (Post 9321958)

Done with this guy

I don't think he's making a suggestion, I think he's taking the most absurd example possible and making a point of it.

He's saying that if Reid and Dorsey think there's a perfect guy out there for him and are willing to give up their #1 overall for him...well they kinda have a decent track record in this regard.

I've followed the guy for awhile; he knows better than that. I don't think anyone would ever argue that Mallet is even a remotely tolerable fit for Andy Reid's system. It would essentially be like playing with a drunken Michael Vick on 2 broken legs. He's just a massive, stationary arm with accuracy issues and a ten-cent head.

It's essentially the exact opposite of what Reid would look for, but that's this guy's point.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9321973)
Also, regarding Tyler Bray:

He's an incredibly spoiled, entitled person who has problems accepting responsibility, lacks maturity and isn't obsessed with football.

There's a chance he pulls a Brett Favre and overcomes that. I think it's more likely he JaPorky/Ryan Leaf or even Jeff George clone. Someone who has a rocket right arm and could be an elite QB if he wasn't such a douchebag.

And if that doesn't turn you...

He was confounded for AN ENTIRE HALF by the defensive group piloted by DAVE FREAKIN STECKEL of Missouri. The defensive group that hasn't had an entire, good half against a legitimate passing attack in his entire time as the DC. The defensive group that got clown shoes hung on it BY THE PASSING OF CONNOR SHAW.

Bray reminds me of Jay Cutler...he pouts a lot and acts like a dumby face. He's got all the talent in the world though, but he's a nutjob.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/a...fs/stunned.gif

What the **** is that shit?!

You got to be absolutely ****ing kidding me...

silver5liter 01-15-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9321978)
I don't think he's making a suggestion, I think he's taking the most absurd example possible and making a point of it.

He's saying that if Reid and Dorsey think there's a perfect guy out there for him and are willing to give up their #1 overall for him...well they kinda have a decent track record in this regard.

I've followed the guy for awhile; he knows better than that. I don't think anyone would ever argue that Mallet is even a remotely tolerable fit for Andy Reid's system. It would essentially be like playing with a drunken Michael Vick on 2 broken legs. He's just a massive, stationary arm with accuracy issues and a ten-cent head.

It's essentially the exact opposite of what Reid would look for, but that's this guy's point.

Well hes arguing on there right now about how mallet is a much better prospect than any QB in this draft.

SAUTO 01-15-2013 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 9321703)
So, many ****ing troll/mult n00bs lately

Almost makes this place unbearable
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho 01-15-2013 06:22 PM

Quote:

Done with this guy

Oh, now it's clear... NFL Philosophy is Bill Belichick's Twitter account.

duncan_idaho 01-15-2013 06:24 PM

Quote:

That was my first thought. Read the guy's responses, though.

He seems to think Mallet is head-and-shoulders above any QB in this class and worthy of a No. 1 overall pick.

It's weird, because he also tweeted today about not making excuses for guys who can't handle pressure. Umm, what is Ryan Mallet's kryptonite (other than running like he has shit in his pants?)

SAUTO 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9321792)
Top 3 OT in the league or a guy who can barely win a playoff game with superior talent all around him....very tough question:rolleyes:

Who is a top three OT?

Jake long? JFC, even Austin , his homer boy, doesn't think that iirc.
Posted via Mobile Device

HolyHat 01-15-2013 06:25 PM

“@NFLosophy: If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.”

This guy just lost all credibility

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9322003)
That was my first thought. Read the guy's responses, though.

He seems to think Mallet is head-and-shoulders above any QB in this class and worthy of a No. 1 overall pick.

It's weird, because he also tweeted today about not making excuses for guys who can't handle pressure. Umm, what is Ryan Mallet's kryptonite (other than running like he has shit in his pants?)

Oh.

Uh....

Well that's not very bright.

Cephalic Trauma 01-15-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

I think you're normally spot on, but you missed the boat on this one. You're giving that guy way too much credit.

SAUTO 01-15-2013 06:28 PM

Quote:

Done with this guy

All credibility down the shitter on that quote
Posted via Mobile Device

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:30 PM

Can we finally start ignoring the draft experts talking about this draft now?

FFS, people are actually trying to argue that Matt Flynn, Ryan Mallet and Kirk Cousins would be better prospects than anyone in this draft.

So that's the key - eh? Draft guys and squirrel them away so they can't prove they suck. Then go ahead and trade them for first rounders.

Jesus - we've been looking at the Stanzi debacle all wrong. Pioli was just setting us up for great success through a Stanzi for 1st trade but was fired before he could fully implement his fiendish plan.

COME BACK, SCOOTER!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9322028)

FFS, people are actually trying to argue that Matt Flynn, Ryan Mallet and Kirk Cousins would be better prospects than anyone in this draft.

So that's the key - eh? Draft guys and squirrel them away so they can't prove they suck. Then go ahead and trade them for first rounders.

Jesus - we've been looking at the Stanzi debacle all wrong. ***** was just setting us up for great success through a Stanzi for 1st trade but was fired before he could fully implement his fiendish plan.

Ryan Mallet is ok, but given our history with retreads or trades or the such, I'd stay away.

Nightfyre 01-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9320803)
Has this been posted yet?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FTZZh4cKfXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

This video is epic. The point is to clearly illustrate that he possesses NFL characteristics and it succeeds marvelously.

DJ's left nut 01-15-2013 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephalic Trauma (Post 9322017)
I think you're normally spot on, but you missed the boat on this one. You're giving that guy way too much credit.

Yup. Foiled by expecting a normally sane person to remain sane while talking about the 2013 QB class.

This is the strangest damn thing I have ever seen in a draft. Well that and the meteoric rise of Danny Watkins among draftnicks. That one was almost as confusing (and as it turns out, he still sucks).

HolyHat 01-15-2013 06:34 PM

I want you guys to read this again. This is absolutely disgusting talk

“@NFLosophy: If the Chiefs believe Ryan Mallet is the guy for them, I'd have no problem if they gave up their 1st round pick to the Pats for him.”

O.city 01-15-2013 06:37 PM

I don't get it, he says this:

Don't make excuses for a QB. If he's bad with pressure, he's bad with pressure. He's likely always going to have to deal with pressure
Expand

Retweet
Favorite
More

Then this:

FL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy

@Wardamus @KCsporting Just because he struggles with pressure in college doesn't mean he always will. It's fixable.

Sorter 01-15-2013 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 9322028)

Jesus - we've been looking at the Stanzi debacle all wrong. ***** was just setting us up for great success through a Stanzi for 1st trade but was fired before he could fully implement his fiendish plan.

This is a philosophy Andy believes in (Kolb :) )

BigBeauford 01-15-2013 08:50 PM

Frustrating night of trying to spread the good word on Geno. Got the equivalency of being stoned to death on facebook. Anyone else have trouble trying to convince morons about Geno?

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9322463)
Frustrating night of trying to spread the good word on Geno. Got the equivalency of being stoned to death on facebook. Anyone else have trouble trying to convince morons about Geno?

you'll have a hard time convincing me he can be elite and be worthy of the #1 pick.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322466)
you'll have a hard time convincing me he can be elite and be worthy of the #1 pick.

And again reerun, who is worthy of the #1 pick?

Put up or shut up.

BigBeauford 01-15-2013 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322466)

I have no issues with a stance like that. I have issue with just being told he is terrible, and then I am referenced to the pinstripe bowl.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9322477)
I have no issues with a stance like that. I have issue with just being told he is terrible, and then I am referenced to the pinstripe bowl.

Well I've been arguing that I don't like him at #1 and the Pinstripe bowl wasn't that great of a performance IMO.

BigBeauford 01-15-2013 09:02 PM

But I will always counter: Who is your guy?

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322484)
Well I've been arguing that I don't like him at #1 and the Pinstripe bowl wasn't that great of a performance IMO.

Keep ignoring it dipshit...

Who is worthy of the #1?

Still waiting.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9322497)
Keep ignoring it dipshit...

Who is worthy of the #1?

Still waiting.

Answered that already...Star or Joeckel. Depending (this is a big if) Mingo comes in and blows the combine away and is carrying himself at 260, maybe him.
Warmak is the best player in the draft, but you can't draft a G #1 overall.
I don't like DL from FSU, but Werner is an interesting kid as well.

Whether Geno is worth that pick is gonna depend on how he does during interviews. The closest we'll get to see is if Gruden does his QB camp with him.

Saccopoo 01-15-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322539)
Answered that already...Star or Joeckel. Depending (this is a big if) Mingo comes in and blows the combine away and is carrying himself at 260, maybe him.
Warmak is the best player in the draft, but you can't draft a G #1 overall.
I don't like DL from FSU, but Werner is an interesting kid as well.

Whether Geno is worth that pick is gonna depend on how he does during interviews. The closest we'll get to see is if Gruden does his QB camp with him.

First off, Warmack wasn't even the best offensive line player on his college team. He wasn't even the best guard on his team. Neither was Joeckel.

Warmack most certainly isn't the prospect that David DeCastro was last year, and he went #24. And he wasn't the player that Rod Hudson was in 2011, and he went in the second round. And you think he's the best player in this draft? Wow.

Joeckel isn't close to being the prospect that recent top OT picks like Kalil, Okung, Long and Thomas were, let alone generational guys like Ogden, Pace, Roaf and Munoz.

And tell me, how many times have you seen Starlite play?

And you are going to put Mingo on top because of combine performance? Over Jordan and Moore?

Those are the guys you think are better than Geno in this draft? Really?

AussieChiefsFan 01-15-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Done with this guy

My god.....:facepalm:

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 9322570)
First off, Warmack wasn't even the best offensive line player on his college team. He wasn't even the best guard on his team. Neither was Joeckel.

Warmack most certainly isn't the prospect that David DeCastro was last year, and he went #24. And he wasn't the player that Rod Hudson was in 2011, and he went in the second round. And you think he's the best player in this draft? Wow.

Joeckel isn't close to being the prospect that recent top OT picks like Kalil, Okung, Long and Thomas were, let alone generational guys like Ogden, Pace, Roaf and Munoz.

And tell me, how many times have you seen Starlite play?

And you are going to put Mingo on top because of combine performance? Over Jordan and Moore?

Those are the guys you think are better than Geno in this draft? Really?

You are nucking futs!!! N yes if Mingo actually gained the weight he says he did he'll be up there with Jordan. Moore is nice, but idk where he fits.

I live on the west coast so I watch a lot of Utah games.

What OG or even interior lineman was better than Warmak on Bama's line this year? And don't you even try to say Jones....

I agree that Matthews was the best OL on A&M though.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 09:44 PM

You're welcome.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/...er_nfln_videos

Harbinger 01-15-2013 09:47 PM

I will be beyond pissed if we draft a lineman with the first overall pick.
I did not cheer all year for the Chiefs to lose for to draft another lineman.
We had the 7th ranked O-line last year, and why waste the pick for Star we already have Poe?
How is a lineman going to lead a forth quarter comeback ? We need a QB damn it and Geno's the best one out there this year.
There are no clear cut number #1 QB every year we were spoiled by last years set of QB's. Draft our QB the move the f*** on to round 2.

-King- 01-15-2013 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9322665)

:clap:

Priest31kc 01-15-2013 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9322665)

I like Bucky.

I hope he's right, he sounds real confident about it...

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 9322682)
I will be beyond pissed if we draft a lineman with the first overall pick.
I did not cheer all year for the Chiefs to lose for to draft another lineman.
We had the 7th ranked O-line last year, and why waste the pick for Star we already have Poe?
How is a lineman going to lead a forth quarter comeback ? We need a QB damn it and Geno's the best one out there this year.
There are no clear cut number #1 QB every year we were spoiled by last years set of QB's. Draft our QB the move the f*** on to round 2.

To be fair...Star can play DE/NT and OLB (in a pinch), he's a man child. For the most part you're right. At least you're liking a QB and latching on. Hope some peoples hearts don't get broken.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Priest31kc (Post 9322690)
I like Bucky.

I hope he's right, he sounds real confident about it...

He used to be a scout. I would think he wouldn't be the only scout to have that opinion. It gives me confidence that our scouts probably see it like that as well.

NJChiefsFan 01-15-2013 09:59 PM

3 QB's in the top 8. Even if you put everything else aside and say Nassib will end up the best, how can you risk waiting to get him? The Chiefs could very well be sitting there in the 2nd round with no QB's to select worth a damn. To me, even under the argument that Geno isn't worth it, it's just such a massive risk.

Mr_Tomahawk 01-15-2013 10:00 PM

Blackbob likes Bucky.

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9322718)
3 QB's in the top 8. Even if you put everything else aside and say Nassib will end up the best, how can you risk waiting to get him? The Chiefs could very well be sitting there in the 2nd round with no QB's to select worth a damn. To me, even under the argument that Geno isn't worth it, it's just such a massive risk.

Pretty much. We may not want to pick a QB at #1 but we don't have a choice if we really want one.

NJChiefsFan 01-15-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones (Post 9322729)
Pretty much. We may not want to pick a QB at #1 but we don't have a choice if we really want one.

And if you argue that you can trade up, you are now not only wasting the #1 pick, but you are paying extra to get the QB.

Ebolapox 01-15-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322703)
To be fair...Star can play DE/NT and OLB (in a pinch), he's a man child. For the most part you're right. At least you're liking a QB and latching on. Hope some peoples hearts don't get broken.

OLB? are you ****ing kidding me?

you're the worst troll ever.

Harbinger 01-15-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IAmABabySeal (Post 9322703)

We have Powe and Poe two NT who could probably play DE with ease.
We have Hali and Houston, its unthinkable to draft a lineman now, we've stocked piled the line on both sides of the ball for the past 2 years already. We have all the pieces in place and Reids west coast offense is a spin off of West Virginia's Raid offense. Its almost the perfect fit for Geno to come here

Chiefs Pantalones 01-15-2013 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9322735)
And if you argue that you can trade up, you are now not only wasting the #1 pick, but you are paying extra to get the QB.

Yep, I don't see how people can say it's ok to not draft a QB with the first pick and wait until later...THERE WON'T BE ANY LEFT.

RealSNR 01-15-2013 10:17 PM

FIRE PIOLI - DRAFT A LT - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Hmm.... doesn't have the same ring to it

NJChiefsFan 01-15-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 9322763)
FIRE ***** - DRAFT A LT - SAVEOURCHIEFS.COM

Hmm.... doesn't have the same ring to it

Rings pretty TRUE to me.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harbinger (Post 9322747)
We have Powe and Poe two NT who could probably play DE with ease.
We have Hali and Houston, its unthinkable to draft a lineman now, we've stocked piled the line on both sides of the ball for the past 2 years already. We have all the pieces in place and Reids west coast offense is a spin off of West Virginia's Raid offense. Its almost the perfect fit for Geno to come here

This is where the value of Star falls for you guys. He would fit nicely in the 2 gap system and would be a terror rushing the passer or collapsing the pocket on 3rd down.

IAmABabySeal 01-15-2013 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ebolapox (Post 9322742)
OLB? are you ****ing kidding me?

you're the worst troll ever.

He's a dancing bear. I'm not saying full time, but he could in a few packages.