ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones *Spoiler* Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=257986)

Bowser 04-14-2014 12:47 PM

Agreed. This season will be about Tyrion getting rode like a rented mule by Cersei and his eventual escape (the infamous episode9), Jon Snow fighting off Mance Rayder, and Dany learning the ruling isn't all it's cut out to be, not a subtle "you think you know but you really don't know" season long tease.

And Buck was being a bit overdramatic. He needs to go eat more pot brownies or something.

Pepe Silvia 04-14-2014 01:30 PM

Great episode, I'm suprised they killed him off this early in the season.

duncan_idaho 04-14-2014 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10562124)
I don't think she dropped the strangler in until immediately before Joff died. Margaery took his cup and put it down near Olanna at about that point IIRC.

It's amusing looking at the spoiler-free thread and Buck freaking out that somebody may have spoiled the potential "season long whodunit" for him. I have a feeling the show will handle it exactly like the books did: everything is there in plain sight, but they'll never actually make it obvious.

Now it's all about the chain of events with Tyrion, turning Jamie into an even more sympathetic character, turning Cersei into an even more vile harpie and ultimately killing Tywin (and Shae). I don't think there's any way the show turns it into a murder mystery, it's got to be a public demonization of the imp.

From the trailer, it looks like Margaery lights into Queen of Thorns next week, complaining that "She was going to be queen." Might reveal it right there.

Plus, the Tyrion tragedy angle (which started this week with him being forced to drive away the one he loved by hurting her) is played up if everyone but the folks in Westeros know he is innocent.

Side note on Tyrion/Shae: Is it possible they will NOT be driving her into the crucial confrontation in Tywin's chambers? That maybe Shae is the girl that got away (that Tyrion constantly asks about once exiled)?

They would have to do the trial without the brutal betrayal of Shae... (and in the TV series, they've given her much more time and made her much more sympathetic).

Bowser 04-14-2014 01:45 PM

Remember, Bronn is a sellsword through and through, and if Tywin heard of Tyrion's attempt to sneak her out, he could have just paid more gold to Bronn to bring her to the Tower?

AndChiefs 04-14-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10562302)
From the trailer, it looks like Margaery lights into Queen of Thorns next week, complaining that "She was going to be queen." Might reveal it right there.

Plus, the Tyrion tragedy angle (which started this week with him being forced to drive away the one he loved by hurting her) is played up if everyone but the folks in Westeros know he is innocent.

Side note on Tyrion/Shae: Is it possible they will NOT be driving her into the crucial confrontation in Tywin's chambers? That maybe Shae is the girl that got away (that Tyrion constantly asks about once exiled)?

They would have to do the trial without the brutal betrayal of Shae... (and in the TV series, they've given her much more time and made her much more sympathetic).

I wouldn't think so but maybe. He has talked about his past marriage before.

keg in kc 04-14-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 10562302)

I don't think there's any chance of that.

Last week he yelled at her for calling him her "Giant of Lannister", which I thought was foreshadowing the eventual betrayal in court as is making Cersei (who bribes her into her confession in the book....) aware of her, and I think finding her in his father's bed is what they'll use to push him into finally killing Tywin in the shitter.

I thought the entire scene last night was set up so that his trying to save her would ultimately be what turns her against him.

NewChief 04-14-2014 02:17 PM

I think they've got to use Shae in some way in order to make it realistic for Tyrion to kill Tywin. The only other possibility, other than how it plays out in the books, would be to make Tywin kill Shae in front of Tyrion or something like that... that might also drive Tyrion to kill him. Otherwise, I think it will play out like it does in the books (I really hope it does).

petegz28 04-14-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 10562389)
I think they've got to use Shae in some way in order to make it realistic for Tyrion to kill Tywin. The only other possibility, other than how it plays out in the books, would be to make Tywin kill Shae in front of Tyrion or something like that... that might also drive Tyrion to kill him. Otherwise, I think it will play out like it does in the books (I really hope it does).

They have to play it out as it did in the books. Not only to fuel the reason for Tyrion to kill Tywin but also to fuel the sparking feud between Cersei and Jamie. Remember, Jamie helps Tyrion escape.

Hawk 04-14-2014 02:58 PM

It think we will hear more about Tyrion's wedding and Tysha as the season goes on to remind folks about it, so I hope that they don't change it up too much from the books by having Shae live and go missing to replace Tysha. That would suck, he needs to kill Shae and to pine for Tysha.

SAUTO 04-14-2014 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorter (Post 10561378)
Werd.

But if you read carefully, Oberyn might have dispatched of Tywin before Tyrion.

Yep, he was going to shit himself to death. Poisoned
Posted via Mobile Device

Hawk 04-14-2014 10:36 PM

NSFW for language:

Image: Not Safe for Work
NSFW Image

Hawk 04-14-2014 10:40 PM

King Joffrey's tweets from Sunday:

King Joffrey @King_Joffrey_

Thinking of making Ned's head my best man at my wedding tonight.
2:40 PM - 13 Apr 2014

Good news: I made it into heaven.
Bad news: Starks are everywhere.
9:14 PM - 13 Apr 2014

What does Joffrey say to the God of Death? "Not Tod--...damnit" ��
9:04 PM - 13 Apr 2014

When you play the Game of Thrones you either die or ****ing die there is no middle ground, you just die.
8:12 AM - 14 Apr 2014

KcMizzou 04-20-2014 10:23 PM

Not a big fan of Jamie raping Cersei next to her dead son. I cringed a LOT in that scene.

keg in kc 04-21-2014 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou (Post 10575474)
Not a big fan of Jamie raping Cersei next to her dead son. I cringed a LOT in that scene.

Yeah, that scene felt all kinds of wrong. Jamie's pretty much a sympathetic character in the books by this point and doing the scene in that way for the TV series makes him look like an even bigger villain than Cersei.

"Oathkeeper" is next week's title, so I'm guessing the Jamie redemption tour gets right back on track.

The scene in the dungeon was one of the best of the series I thought.

Really a lot of good scenes tonight for relatively little happening.

Chief Gump 04-21-2014 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10575598)
Yeah, that scene felt all kinds of wrong. Jamie's pretty much a sympathetic character in the books by this point and doing the scene in that way for the TV series makes him look like an even bigger villain than Cersei.

"Oathkeeper" is next week's title, so I'm guessing the Jamie redemption tour gets right back on track.

The scene in the dungeon was one of the best of the series I thought.

Really a lot of good scenes tonight for relatively little happening.

They have been trying to take a few characters in different directions then I remember at this point. These two are the most notable. I almost feel sorry for Cersei right now when I know I shouldn't... at all.