ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Bambi 05-13-2012 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sedated (Post 8611521)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...to-that-option

Florida State Board of Trustees: Not happy with new ACC TV deal, "How do you NOT look into [the Big 12]"

like Alnorth said...to much fire.

I think it's FSU and Notre Dame. Maybe Clemson and Louisville after but first things first.

baitism 05-13-2012 07:18 AM

Notre Dame isn't going to the Big 12. The Big 10 would extend them an invite before that would ever happen.

Wickedtard up at 5:08 to troll. Must live a real exciting life.

Al Bundy 05-13-2012 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8612091)
like Alnorth said...to much fire.

I think it's FSU and Notre Dame. Maybe Clemson and Louisville after but first things first.

If it's anyone it is Florida State and Clemson. Notre Dame will be Big 10 bound. I personally would love to see Florida State join the Big 12, I root for them and would love to hear/see local coverage on them.

Saul Good 05-13-2012 07:26 AM

Notre Dame is going to want to join a conference where it can rub elbows with such fine academic institutions as West Virginia, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma State while mingling with the likes of Baptists (Baylor) and Protestants (TCU). That makes much more sense than joining the B1G.

Saul Good 05-13-2012 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UCF Knight (Post 8612136)
If it's anyone it is Florida State and Clemson. Notre Dame will be Big 10 bound. I personally would love to see Florida State join the Big 12, I root for them and would love to hear/see local coverage on them.

Louisville and Cincy have got to be PISSED right now. They aren't nearly as attractive as FSU and Clemson, even if they are a much better fit geographically. I really don't think FSU will join the Big XII if they can avoid it, but they may not have much choice.

tredadda 05-13-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wickedson (Post 8612088)
If that happens then the SEC can just fall back into the cheating southern conference they've always been.

Imagine you put all this work in and only managed to gain schools like MU and Texas A&M?

wow, lol

Big 12 might just be running show. Couldn't say I didn't warn ya

The only thing keeping the SEC from getting FSU or Clemson is the SEC. If they want them they will get them. The SEC wont just stand pat while the Big XII picks and chooses whomever they want in spite of your hopes and dreams.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2012 07:49 AM

Quote:

If that happens then the SEC can just fall back into the cheating southern conference they've always been.

Imagine you put all this work in and only managed to gain schools like MU and Texas A&M?

wow, lol

JFC ROFL

Saul Good 05-13-2012 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8612151)
JFC ROFL

The Big XII is going to run show. Poor old SEC will have to settle for winning all the titles.

Al Bundy 05-13-2012 08:07 AM

Quote:

wow, lol

I'm not even an SEC guy, but you're out of your ****ing mind.

notorious 05-13-2012 08:15 AM

Wow, FSU (if they return to former glory) would be a huge upgrade over AM or Mizzou in football.

FSU is a shell of what they once were, though. Clemson is the somewhat attractive chick with the hot body that ends up just laying motionless when it's time to ****. It sounds good, but in the end it's just disappointing.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-13-2012 08:35 AM

It's going to be hilarious when Bevo and Boomer sneak out the back door.

Mr. Plow 05-13-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PGM (Post 8612176)
It's going to be hilarious when Bevo and Boomer sneak out the back door.

Why?

Saulbadguy 05-13-2012 08:59 AM

The only facts on the table right now are that the new ACC television deal isn't as good as the Big XII deal.

notorious 05-13-2012 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8612194)
The only facts on the table right now are that the new ACC television deal isn't as good as the Big XII deal.

Since when have facts mattered on CP?

Infidel Goat 05-13-2012 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saulbadguy (Post 8612194)

That and the ACC can renegotiate in five years (or when they expand to 16).

I don't see FSU leaving the larger East coast market when it's a short term deal and the buyout makes it cost prohibitive.