ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games *** Official Diablo III Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=212603)

chasedude 06-28-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8708348)
I'd get it but I have a mac :( and I don't think they are doing a mac version. And I'm not installing windows and parallel or whatever the **** it is.

Yeah, Arenanet has no plans for a Mac release. They did beta tested using parallel on the Mac and it ran fine.

Bump 06-28-2012 09:53 PM

lol my friend who is also in hardcore died at level 59. He's so ****ing arrogant and thinks he knows everything and I cant help but laugh my ass off. Could you imagine dying at level 59? hahahaa

suds79 06-29-2012 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8708256)
Im still having fun for the most part. Progressing now through act 4 inferno.

Yeah I'll echo that thought since there's a large crowd here hating on the game. (although some of the youtube vids are funny)

I think it just depends on where you're at. I imagine a lot of people who are angry are all lvl 60s, have either beat the game on inferno or can't. Either way, you've had your fill of the game, done just about everything and just tired of it. It happens for every game. I don't think that's a game flaw. It's just the reality of fatigue for every game.

Perhaps I'll feel the same way when I'm there. (currently trying to clear as much as I can with every class on HC) in nightmare with them all). But when I do get there I have the feeling that I'll still think it's a great game... Just tired of it. Time to hang it up for a while when that point comes.

hometeam 06-29-2012 09:31 PM

I think of it like this,

I have about 200 hours in d3.

Most games I pay 60 bucks for (besides a few like dragonage and skyrim) and I get roughly half out of decent games, and less out of plenty.

Plus, I made a couple bucks, and I can pick it up any time and play or not, since its free.

The Franchise 07-05-2012 08:20 PM

Well that was fun. Just beat Diablo on Normal with my DH. Now onto Nightmare.

Oh....and also beating Diablo with my Barb on Normal as well.

The Franchise 07-05-2012 08:21 PM

Most annoying thing of this game IMO?

The ****ing cool down on health potions. That's bullshit.

Gravedigger 07-05-2012 10:39 PM

It's pretty sad when the company that makes the game says there is no sustainable end game experience in it. You know it's a bad game when the company tries to sell you on the end game treasure grind only to say "Yeah, we know it wont keep your attention and we don't have any immediate plans to make the game better..." two months later.

jd1020 07-05-2012 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8721424)
It's pretty sad when the company that makes the game says there is no sustainable end game experience in it. You know it's a bad game when the company tries to sell you on the end game treasure grind only to say "Yeah, we know it wont keep your attention and we don't have any immediate plans to make the game better..." two months later.

Maybe it's just me but I thought the end game was the best part. Best time I ever had with D3 was at the end and searching for Diablo 3 on the Program Uninstall list.

jd1020 07-05-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hometeam (Post 8710579)
I think of it like this,

I have about 200 hours in d3.

Most games I pay 60 bucks for (besides a few like dragonage and skyrim) and I get roughly half out of decent games, and less out of plenty.

Plus, I made a couple bucks, and I can pick it up any time and play or not, since its free.

Meh. You could probably put that many hours into just about any single player game if you wanted to play it on easy, normal, hard, and expert.

Mr. Laz 07-06-2012 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 8721424)

I can't believe Blizzard with just throw away a gold mine like this.

How many gaming companies would give their left nut for such a huge following ... a ready-made fan base? In the gaming world, the name Diablo meant instant millions and they are flushing it down the shitter.

Bump 07-06-2012 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8721858)
I can't believe Blizzard with just throw away a gold mine like this.

How many gaming companies would give their left nut for such a huge following ... a ready-made fan base? In the gaming world, the name Diablo meant instant millions and they are flushing it down the shitter.

ya they are. You would have thought they would have done something to make the game a little more exciting and less stale. Throw in a weekend event where you go to some cave to fight something and maybe get something cool. No pvp 2 months later and still no word on it. This is pretty pathetic. Like you said, a ready made fanbase and they take it for granted.

Mr. Laz 07-06-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8721977)
ya they are. You would have thought they would have done something to make the game a little more exciting and less stale. Throw in a weekend event where you go to some cave to fight something and maybe get something cool. No pvp 2 months later and still no word on it. This is pretty pathetic. Like you said, a ready made fanbase and they take it for granted.

more than just taking it for granted ... they are dismissing it.

It's like the plan was to 'throw the game out there, squeeze as much money out as they can and then move on'

Diablo III should of rivaled WoW for expanse and duration. People should still be playing it at an eye-bleeding level and drooling over the rumors of a possible expansion pack. The expansion pack(s) should already be ready ... PVP should already be ready. Blizzard should just be holding their release for the next marketing blitz.

10 ****ing years and plenty of company level online gaming experience and DIII looks like a rookie release by some 3rd rate company.

I'm still playing POE closed beta for 10 bucks while 60 bucks DIII sits in the drawer collection dust. POE > DIII.

sad

Valiant 07-06-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 8721977)

Pvp would kill it further. Just like wow.

Pvp needs to be balanced and not a gear score to work.

The ah's would win you matches.
They would introduce pvp gear, but make the grind a pain to where most could not get it. Especially if they add ratings.

Mr. Laz 07-06-2012 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 8722037)
Pvp would kill it further. Just like wow.

Pvp needs to be balanced and not a gear score to work.

The ah's would win you matches.
They would introduce pvp gear, but make the grind a pain to where most could not get it. Especially if they add ratings.

you could make PvP a completely different set of gear

Hell you could even engine PvP gear drops or something

i'm not a PvP guy but tons of people love it

Bump 07-06-2012 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laz (Post 8722032)
more than just taking it for granted ... they are dismissing it.

It's like the plan was to 'throw the game out there, squeeze as much money out as they can and then move on'

Diablo III should of rivaled WoW for expanse and duration. People should still be playing it at an eye-bleeding level and drooling over the rumors of a possible expansion pack. The expansion pack(s) should already be ready ... PVP should already be ready. Blizzard should just be holding their release for the next marketing blitz.

10 ****ing years and plenty of company level online gaming experience and DIII looks like a rookie release by some 3rd rate company.

I'm still playing POE closed beta for 10 bucks while 60 bucks DIII sits in the drawer collection dust. POE > DIII.

sad

is it really that much better? I'm actually strongly considering paying the $10 for it right now. I might just do it... it seems a lot of people are digging it.

edit: nevermind, it doesn't appear to have a mac client