ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Disney buys Lucasfilm for $4 billion (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265934)

keg in kc 10-26-2013 12:44 PM

As long as Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof don't come within a thousand miles of the script.

Chiefspants 10-26-2013 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10124790)
As long as Orci, Kurtzman and Lindelof don't come within a thousand miles of the script.

Can't wait to see what Lindelof's twist will be on the Star Wars saga.

Hammock Parties 10-26-2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Yes. This is my greatest fear. They are unfit.

keg in kc 10-26-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 10124802)
Can't wait to see what Lindelof's twist will be on the Star Wars saga.

Expanded take on midi-chlorians!

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2013 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10124811)

LMAO

Dane is ALL-IN.

Chiefspants 10-26-2013 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10124811)

A Black-Hole that takes the series back to the events of the Phantom Menace. Can't wait for the renewed focus on Jar-Jar, Medi-Chlorians, and Lens-flared' pod-racing.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

This times a quadrillion

listopencil 10-26-2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10124720)
I can't say conclusively that my peeps are wrong and they're right, or vice versa.

At this point, I'm not even sure that it matters because Abrams is clearly in full control and will likely do whatever he pleases.

That may not be all bad. I enjoyed the reboot of Star Trek, and I've been a fan since the original series was in syndication. I was looking through his IMDb page though. Man...I liked Fringe and the new Star Trek movies. That's about it. And I thought the second Star Trek movie was a bit weak. I enjoyed it, but it don't think it was as good as the first one. ****. I really, really, hope he has some good writers helping him.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2013 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 10125624)
That may not be all bad. I enjoyed the reboot of Star Trek, and I've been a fan since the original series was in syndication. I was looking through his IMDb page though. Man...I liked Fringe and the new Star Trek movies. That's about it. And I thought the second Star Trek movie was a bit weak. I enjoyed it, but it don't think it was as good as the first one. ****. I really, really, hope he has some good writers helping him.

You're missing the point here, Dude.

Michael Arndt is an Oscar-winning screenwriter. He was fired. Now, Abrams and Kasdan will be writing the script.

keg in kc 10-26-2013 07:41 PM

I wasn't entirely sure why they hired him in the first place. I get that he won an academy award for his first screenplay. So did diablo cody. I'm not sure either one screams "Star Wars". But who knows.

DaneMcCloud 10-26-2013 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 10125823)
I wasn't entirely sure why they hired him in the first place. I get that he won an academy award for his first screenplay. So did diablo cody. I'm not sure either one screams "Star Wars". But who knows.

From my understanding, it was more Disney than Lucasfilm.

listopencil 10-26-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 10125677)
You're missing the point here, Dude.

Michael Arndt is an Oscar-winning screenwriter. He was fired. Now, Abrams and Kasdan will be writing the script.

Aaargh.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-26-2013 09:40 PM

Welp, that settles it; time for ME to write the screenplay.

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-29-2013 05:02 PM

Quote:

Dear fan of the Star Wars universe,
As you may already know, Lucasfilm Ltd. and its related entities ("we" or "Lucasfilm") are now part of The Walt Disney Company ("Disney").
As a registered user on one of our sites, we are notifying you that we will be adopting Disney's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, effective on November 24, 2013.
If you wish to accept the new Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, you do not need to take any action. However, we advise you to review the new Privacy Policy and Terms of Use, and become aware of Disney's data collection and sharing practices (including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information). Starting November 24, 2013, your use of and activity on any of the Lucasfilm websites will be governed by Disney's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use. You can review the new Privacy Policy and Terms of Use by clicking on the links provided at the bottom of this e-mail.
If you do not wish to accept either the new Privacy Policy or Terms of Use, click here no later than November 24, 2013, to cancel your account. After submitting your request, you will receive an e-mail confirmation. Please understand that if you make this choice, we will delete your account and all associated information from all Lucasfilm-owned sites.
We hope that you will keep coming back and continue to enjoy the entire Lucasfilm family of websites.
bleh

Hammock Parties 10-30-2013 03:23 PM

Ford wanted to see the synopsis for his character’s development over more than just Episode 7. He saw this in August and is happy with the story arc.

Ford wanted a commitment to Indy 5. He did not get this as there is no plot line or script in place. What did happen was an agreement was made wherein an outline would be developed by the end of calendar year 2014, and if all parties can agree to it moving forward, efforts would be made to move on Indy 5 for release before the end of 2016.

Disney wanted a multi film deal with Ford which transcends Episode 7. This has now been agreed.