ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs *****OFFICIAL Draft Geno Smith Thread***** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=269031)

htismaqe 02-05-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Pink (Post 9379207)
I'm telling you, Miller has a hidden agenda with this Joeckel stuff. Nobody was higher on Geno than Matt Miller, and literally out of nowhere he's climbing Joeckels fuk stick. He gets very defensive about Joeckel. I was glad to see someone else finally disagree with him.

THANK YOU.

Somebody else noticed it.

Something shady going on.

BigBeauford 02-05-2013 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9379448)
OH SHITS

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy
I've seen a lot of talk about Joeckel being the "safest" pick this year. Aaron Curry was considered the "safest" pick, too.

Wait a sec. Wasnt this guy the turd burglar who was going on about "inside info on Alberts back being career ending" and how we will draft Joekel and that Geno isnt worthy?

-King- 02-05-2013 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbsacker93 (Post 9379525)
Wait a sec. Wasnt this guy the turd burglar who was going on about "inside info on Alberts back being career ending" and how we will draft Joekel and that Geno isnt worthy?

Was just about to post this.
Posted via Mobile Device

duncan_idaho 02-05-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 9379499)
THANK YOU.

Somebody else noticed it.

Something shady going on.

Yeah, I don't quite get it.

I still am blown away by the Ogden comparisons. That's really no different than saying he's as good as Orlando Pace. I just don't buy his evaluation there (And obviously, other people don't, either).

Saying a LT who struggles against power/strength guys at DE in college will be able to out-athlete them in the NFL doesn't quite make sense to me. The NFL is filled with DEs who are strong/powerful and can match Joeckel's athleticism.

htismaqe 02-05-2013 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9377423)
No, I'm not.

But saying the majority are afraid to draft a QB 1 overall is not true at all.

I didn't say anything about fear.

The majority absolutely do prefer Alex Smith and Luke Joeckel over drafting a QB. It's the truth.

duncan_idaho 02-05-2013 09:25 AM

Perfect breakdown of Luke Joeckel's warts: KABOOM.

Dude nails it. And also is echoing the "Geno crowd"'s take on No. 1 overall on Twitter. If there's no truly obvious elite guy (cough... JaDaveon Clowney) and everybody grades about the same, take the QB over the LT (over the DE over the CB etc.)

He's also a member of the Football Writer's Association. Eat it, Matt Miller!

BigBeauford 02-05-2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 9379583)
Perfect breakdown of Luke Joeckel's warts: KABOOM.

Dude nails it. And also is echoing the "Geno crowd"'s take on No. 1 overall on Twitter. If there's no truly obvious elite guy (cough... JaDaveon Clowney) and everybody grades about the same, take the QB over the LT (over the DE over the CB etc.)

He's also a member of the Football Writer's Association. Eat it, Matt Miller!

Nice. Someone should tweet this to Matt Miller, and tell Miller he should demand a refund from Joekel's agent.

The Bad Guy 02-05-2013 09:42 AM

Joekel was protected at A&M. Manziel's tendency to get the ball out fast, and how defensive ends had to hold contain on Manziel instead of straight rushing absolutely helped his numbers.

-King- 02-05-2013 10:35 AM

Danny Parkins was talking about Joeckel and according to him the text line blew up with people being pissed about not taking a QB.

So once again, I'm not buying the BS about people wanting Smith and Joeckel.
Posted via Mobile Device

Messier 02-05-2013 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bad Guy (Post 9379616)
Joekel was protected at A&M. Manziel's tendency to get the ball out fast, and how defensive ends had to hold contain on Manziel instead of straight rushing absolutely helped his numbers.

Joekel was really good before Manziel. Not saying draft Joekel, just that's one of the reasons he's rated so high. That he excelled in two systems.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9379448)
OH SHITS

NFL Philosophy ‏@NFLosophy
I've seen a lot of talk about Joeckel being the "safest" pick this year. Aaron Curry was considered the "safest" pick, too.

I like this statement, but this NFLosophy guy has lost ALL credibility. Total doucheclown.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messier (Post 9379741)
Joekel was really good before Manziel. Not saying draft Joekel, just that's one of the reasons he's rated so high. That he excelled in two systems.

I'd go as far as to say Joeckel will be a major bust. He gets pushed around a lot. He also ends up on the ground a lot. He may be able to hide some of this in college, but having DE's and LB's from the NFL coming at you...he's going to get exposed.

O.city 02-05-2013 10:51 AM

Anyone listen to Matt Miller on 810 this morning.

HolyHat 02-05-2013 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 9379772)
Anyone listen to Matt Miller on 810 this morning.

Forgot all about it, damn.

the Talking Can 02-05-2013 11:11 AM

i don't have time to listen, but the podcast is up

http://www.810whb.com/page.php?page_id=140