ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

RustShack 02-15-2013 01:55 AM

Can't wait until LeBron gets bored after winning three in a row then comes back to Cleveland to help Irving reverse the curse!

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2013 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9404385)
Have you watched the Pacers play the Heat this season?

Umm.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9404447)
The better question is, why would anybody care about the results of meaningless regular season contests between one vastly superior team and the Pacers?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9404450)
The Bulls crushed Miami in the regular season two years ago and Miami beat them like red headed step children in the playoffs...

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9404489)
Again, regular season means shit. The Heat beat the Pacers in the playoffs with Granger, and without Bosh.

All of this.

dirk digler 02-15-2013 07:42 AM

Let me respond before people misconstrue what I was saying. I think the Heat have a 90-95% chance of winning it all again if they keep playing the way they are.

If I were to speculate\guess which teams have a fighters chance against them I would probably pick the Spurs and the Pacers. I might throw in the Knicks but I have to see them perform in the playoffs first. I just don't see OKC giving them much trouble, Miami is in their head and they aren't a particularly good matchup with the Heat.

Spurs are obviously an offensive machine, 4th in the league in scoring, and they play pretty good defense ranking 9th. Tony Parker is having an MVP type season and Duncan\Splitter if healthy can cause Miami problems off the boards.

Pacers are the best defensive team in the NBA and the top rebounding team as well. They also have a young stud in Paul George that can and will guard Lebron all over the court. Their downside is they are one of the worst scoring teams in the NBA.

MIAdragon 02-15-2013 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaKCMan AP (Post 9404788)
Umm.....

All of this.

Yes the Heat are unbeatable, I forgot.

DaKCMan AP 02-15-2013 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9404870)
Yes the Heat are unbeatable, I forgot.

Is that what those said?

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 10:05 AM

Oh yeah. **** yeah.

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2013/2/...modern-players

Quote:

"JORDAN PLAYS his new favorite trivia game, asking which current players could be nearly as successful in his era. "Our era," he says over and over again, calling modern players soft, coddled and ill-prepared for the highest level of the game. This is personal to him, since he'll be compared to this generation, and since he has to build a franchise with this generation's players.

"I'll give you a hint," he says. "I can only come up with four."

He lists them: LeBron, Kobe, Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki."

the Talking Can 02-15-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoWalrus (Post 9405020)

random comment...i'd like to see someone like McHale playing against today's stretch 4s (Amari) or soft euro's like Gasol...kill

the Talking Can 02-15-2013 10:27 AM

there's an excellent article on jordan turning 50 up at espn

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page...-left-building

Quote:

Back when they used to shoot a lot of commercials, Jordan's security team would wait for him in his trailer while he was on set. A woman named Linda cooked Michael's meals, and he loved cinnamon rolls. She'd bake a tray and bring it to him. When it came time to film, he'd see the guards eyeing the cinnamon rolls and he'd walk over and spit on each one, to make sure nobody took his food.

edit...the link is in gowalrus's post also

Pitt Gorilla 02-15-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9405028)
random comment...i'd like to see someone like McHale playing against today's stretch 4s (Amari) or soft euro's like Gasol...kill

id like to see McHale (or bird) guard a player like Durant.

the Talking Can 02-15-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9405091)
id like to see McHale (or bird) guard a player like Durant.

durant is already a great player...

and a wing anyways

Pitt Gorilla 02-15-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9405105)
durant is already a great player...

and a wing anyways

who were the 3s with the celts prior to Reggie? I can't recall.

Hammock Parties 02-15-2013 11:35 AM

Worst FT ever.

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2170501/deairdre.gif

KevB 02-15-2013 12:05 PM

With all the Jordan talk, I went back to look at his stats to remind myself just how damn good he was. I do this periodically, and I'm amazed every time. It seems that Jordan's mystique now is about the championships, and that's obviously well-earned. But the guy's stats are off the damn charts.

Jordan stats

Check that 87-88 season for example.

82 games played; 40 minutes per game
35 ppg average on 54% shooting
He averaged 5.5 boards, 5.9 assists, 3.2 steals and 1.6 blocks per game. That's just straight up filthy. 1.6 blocks? Are you kidding me?

If LeBron puts up that line in one game, we swoon. MJ's season averages are just amazing.

the Talking Can 02-15-2013 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 9405162)
who were the 3s with the celts prior to Reggie? I can't recall.

ha...me neither

i have very sharp memories of a few players...mchale and his weird ass body being one of them

he would surely get smoked by the athleticism of today's players, but literally no one plays that kind of post game anymore...except for maybe the other gasol in memphis

RustShack 02-15-2013 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KevB (Post 9405348)
With all the Jordan talk, I went back to look at his stats to remind myself just how damn good he was. I do this periodically, and I'm amazed every time. It seems that Jordan's mystique now is about the championships, and that's obviously well-earned. But the guy's stats are off the damn charts.

Jordan stats

Check that 87-88 season for example.

82 games played; 40 minutes per game
35 ppg average on 54% shooting
He averaged 5.5 boards, 5.9 assists, 3.2 steals and 1.6 blocks per game. That's just straight up filthy. 1.6 blocks? Are you kidding me?

If LeBron puts up that line in one game, we swoon. MJ's season averages are just amazing.

He was also playing against lesser athletes. This generation is just much more athletic with improved workouts, supplements, and all that jazz.