ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIAdragon (Post 9404385)
Have you watched the Pacers play the Heat this season?

The better question is, why would anybody care about the results of meaningless regular season contests between one vastly superior team and the Pacers?

Hootie 02-14-2013 10:54 PM

The Bulls crushed Miami in the regular season two years ago and Miami beat them like red headed step children in the playoffs...

okcchief 02-14-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9404439)
Not really but I am basing my thoughts on what has happened in the regular season. For example the Pacers have dismantled the Heat in both games so far and this was without their best player in Granger. Knicks I could see possibly they can score and rebound with Melo and Chandler.

I am not saying it is going to happen but if it did it wouldn't be a shocker IMO.

Again, regular season means shit. The Heat beat the Pacers in the playoffs with Granger, and without Bosh.

Admittedly, I don't see LeBron continuing to play at the ridiculous level he's played at the last few weeks, and they are beatable. I just think anyone beating a healthy Heat team in the playoffs will be an upset. Indiana or NY beating them is a substantial upset IMO.

dirk digler 02-14-2013 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peyton's Princess (Post 9404450)
The Bulls crushed Miami in the regular season two years ago and Miami beat them like red headed step children in the playoffs...

No they didn't. They beat them 3 times by a combined total of 8 points. I wouldn't call that crushing.

I am not saying the Heat will lose in the East but if they did lose the Pacers will probably be the team that beats them.

AdumbGuy 02-14-2013 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9404489)
Again, regular season means shit. The Heat beat the Pacers in the playoffs with Granger, and without Bosh.

Admittedly, I don't see LeBron continuing to play at the ridiculous level he's played at the last few weeks, and they are beatable. I just think anyone beating a healthy Heat team in the playoffs will be an upset. Indiana or NY beating them is a substantial upset IMO.

I didn't think they would beat OKC last year. 2nd best player in the league, 2 very good all stars, defensive player of the year, defensive ace in sefolosha, and still dispatched in 5.

Lebron's world.

dirk digler 02-14-2013 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9404489)

Like I said I am basing my opinion on what they have done in the regular season. I have watched alot of their games and they aren't the 95 Bulls by any means.

dirk digler 02-14-2013 11:22 PM

And speaking of the Bulls Rose may sit out the year and come back next year. Still says he is a long ways off and still can't dunk

okcchief 02-14-2013 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9404510)
Like I said I am basing my opinion on what they have done in the regular season. I have watched alot of their games and they aren't the 95 Bulls by any means.

I believe that is your mistake. They definitely no show in some games, but when are ready to play they are the same team. The regular season means shit to them.

dirk digler 02-14-2013 11:29 PM

What an alley oop from Paul to Griffin..wow

dirk digler 02-14-2013 11:30 PM

Kobe still has it what a move and dunk on Crawford

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9404510)

That's called not giving a full effort every night because it's the regular season. It's meaningless and isn't reflective at all of playoff basketball.

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 11:36 PM

Break up the Lakers...they suck.

dirk digler 02-14-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9404519)
I believe that is your mistake. They definitely no show in some games, but when are ready to play they are the same team. The regular season means shit to them.

Yeah but they get up for big regular season games like tonight, against the Celtics, Lakers, Pacers and Knicks. You can tell when they are trying hard vs half-assed.

O.city 02-14-2013 11:39 PM

Dwight Howard just is awful completely fallen off the face.

okcchief 02-14-2013 11:50 PM

I'm not sure if Kobe called Howard or the ref a ****ing asshole at the end of the 3rd when he got that 3 second call. It made me chuckle either way.