ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Game of Thrones (spoiler-free zone) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=244344)

RustShack 04-18-2014 10:52 AM

Didn't that god of light lady or whatever it is hint at going after King Jeoffry last season?

RustShack 04-18-2014 10:57 AM

http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...s?cmpid=ABC724

There is a cool picture on there "what good is an empty cup" that made me think of that.

Bowser 04-18-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RustShack (Post 10571198)
Didn't that god of light lady or whatever it is hint at going after King Jeoffry last season?

Stannis did. She used Gendry's blood to make a spell that would kill the three usurpers claiming to be King (Robb Stark, Balon Greyjoy, and Joffrey Baratheon). Gendry was Robert Baratheon's bastard son, so there is power in his blood, being the son of a king.

Hawk 04-18-2014 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10571251)
Stannis did. She used Gendry's blood to make a spell that would kill the three usurpers claiming to be King (Robb Stark, Balon Greyjoy, and Joffrey Baratheon). Gendry was Robert Baratheon's bastard son, so there is power in his blood, being the son of a king.

Two down, one to go.

Baby Lee 04-19-2014 05:19 PM

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u6KLzjXAV3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

KcMizzou 04-19-2014 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 10573708)
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/u6KLzjXAV3s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Got a good laugh out of that. Good stuff.

KC_Connection 04-19-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jspchief (Post 10570854)
I don't follow this thread, so if this is a repost I apologize..

Game of Thrones interactive map with spoiler controls

That was definitely posted at some point in this thread, I remember it. Cool website, though. Provides a pretty good scale of just how far Dany is still away from all the main action.

Buck 04-20-2014 08:09 PM

They kept saying that every episode was action packed this season, but this one wasn't. Still a good episode.

GloucesterChief 04-20-2014 08:12 PM

I was right about Littlefinger. Now, the question is who else was involved. The show seemed to hint at Tywin a lot.

KC_Connection 04-20-2014 08:28 PM

Yeah, if he wasn't the mastermind, Littlefinger at least knew about the plot. And Tywin certainly had all the reason to remove Joffrey.

I'm still wondering how Tyrion gets out of this predicament. It looks like Jaime is his only ally left. I'm not sure it's a good thing that his father is essentially going to control the verdict.

BigRedChief 04-20-2014 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 10575224)
They kept saying that every episode was action packed this season, but this one wasn't. Still a good episode.

this will be the best season. It's my favorite part of the whole book series. A shitload of stuff is coming. Patience grasshopper.

KcMizzou 04-20-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 10575505)
this will be the best season. It's my favorite part of the whole book series. A shitload of stuff is coming. Patience grasshopper.

SPOILER!

(kidding)

KCUnited 04-21-2014 07:07 AM

The forced sex scene at the deathbed of your incestual son was pretty great tv.

Kidd Lex 04-21-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 10575633)
The forced sex scene at the deathbed of your incestual son was pretty great tv.

I don't know, just about nothing makes me uncomfortable, but that scene was awkward. Something about incest, rape, deathbed of incest child, fear of getting caught, her reaction to his stump moments earlier... HOT!!

Now onto who killed King Joffrey....

I predicted Tywin & Grandma worked together to arrange his death, but now Im not sure. It was almost too obvious the way Tywin gave the speech to the new king... Is it possible by the end of this journey we will be cheering on the Lannister led 7 kingdoms fighting the white walkers?

AndChiefs 04-21-2014 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The God Hypothesis (Post 10575686)
I don't know, just about nothing makes me uncomfortable, but that scene was awkward. Something about incest, rape, deathbed of incest child, fear of getting caught, her reaction to his stump moments earlier... HOT!!

Now onto who killed King Joffrey....

I predicted Tywin & Grandma worked together to arrange his death, but now Im not sure. It was almost too obvious the way Tywin gave the speech to the new king... Is it possible by the end of this journey we will be cheering on the Lannister led 7 kingdoms fighting the white walkers?

I don't think this is a spoiler so I'll post this. The scene wasn't rape in the book (or at least didn't come off like that to me). From comments in the spoiler thread I think others feel the same way. All the rest of the uncomfortable part was pretty true to book though.