ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games XBox 360 General Discussion thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=150892)

TrickyNicky 09-24-2008 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 5051423)
I hope they revive the myth series. I've played all the Halo I can take

They sold the rights to another company. Eidos or Ubisoft maybe? I can't remember. A shame, Myth deserves a relaunch by the original creators.

Ultra Peanut 09-24-2008 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZootedGranny (Post 5051360)
Same as it is here.

So GFW Radio died.

I'ma cry.

QuikSsurfer 09-24-2008 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5051518)
So GFW Radio died.

I'ma cry.

Yes, these are dark times.

Loved that podcast and I don't even play PC games.

ZootedGranny 09-24-2008 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultra Peanut (Post 5051518)
So GFW Radio died.

I'ma cry.

Yeah, it sucks, but Jeff & Shawn have great gigs now, and once the magazine shut down, I expected the podcast to die. It actually lasted a lot longer than I thought it would.

Other than missing that 1-2 hours of great entertainment a week, I'm slightly bummed they never recorded a new GFW Radio rap for the beat I sent them. Jeff's lyrics were a lot more foul than I expected them to be.

Basileus777 09-25-2008 08:12 AM

So Bungie's new project is a Halo 3 add-on?

The trailer says "Halo 3, prepare to drop."

007 09-25-2008 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basileus777 (Post 5051861)
So Bungie's new project is a Halo 3 add-on?

The trailer says "Halo 3, prepare to drop."

Seemed like a pretty pointless trailer. Made no sense.

okcchief 09-25-2008 07:25 PM

gamertag NOLAVDOP

Kraus 09-25-2008 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5053297)
Seemed like a pretty pointless trailer. Made no sense.

Seemed to make sense to me.

ODST's dropping in to New Mombasa right as the ship jumps (seen during Halo 2).

I bet you play as an ODST for this.

007 09-25-2008 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraus (Post 5054054)
Seemed to make sense to me.

ODST's dropping in to New Mombasa right as the ship jumps (seen during Halo 2).

I bet you play as an ODST for this.

Hmmm, Halo 3 with a Call of Duty 4 style format. Interesting.

Frazod 10-01-2008 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5031166)
Force Unleased Update:

I've played through most of the third area (I think).

I see what they mean about the annoying parts of the game dragging it down - not that much, but it's definitely a problem. This is one of those games where you have to hunt for the exact right spot to jump to the next spot, with places where if you step just a hair in the wrong direction you'll die. And, due to the inherently imprecise nature of the hand-held controller, there are some spots where you tend to die over and over. Even with the game guide, parts of it are a real pain in the ass.

Still, I'm enjoying it. Mostly.

Probably won't be playing much over the weekend as I've got company coming in from out of town. Will follow up more later.

Well, here's an update.

This game sucks.

The story is wonderful. The gameplay is lame, annoying and confusing. So many places where you get hung up on some stupid annoying jump that will either hold you up or kill you over and over until you figure it out, and even with the game guide, it's still a pain in the ass. I've had this for a couple of weeks now and still haven't finished it, primarily because I can't stand to play it for long periods of time. I plan on finishing it, but ONLY to see how the story turns out. You'd have to put a gun to my head to make me replay it. I'll trade the sonofabitch in for Fable 2 the day Fable 2 comes out.

I would dearly love to hit the people who created this game in the nuts with a spiked baseball bat.

FORCE UNLEASED SUCKS DICK. IF YOU MUST PLAY IT, RENT IT.

007 10-01-2008 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5071300)
Well, here's an update.

This game sucks.

The story is wonderful. The gameplay is lame, annoying and confusing. So many places where you get hung up on some stupid annoying jump that will either hold you up or kill you over and over until you figure it out, and even with the game guide, it's still a pain in the ass. I've had this for a couple of weeks now and still haven't finished it, primarily because I can't stand to play it for long periods of time. I plan on finishing it, but ONLY to see how the story turns out. You'd have to put a gun to my head to make me replay it. I'll trade the sonofabitch in for Fable 2 the day Fable 2 comes out.

I would dearly love to hit the people who created this game in the nuts with a spiked baseball bat.

So... you are saying you didn't like it. Got it. :D

Frazod 10-01-2008 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guru (Post 5071306)
So... you are saying you didn't like it. Got it. :D

Yeah, just a little.

Part of the reason it pisses me off such much is because the story is so engaging. It's like having to dig through a pile of stinking shit to find a cool prize. They could have just given us the cool prize and kept the stinking shit.

007 10-01-2008 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5071314)
Yeah, just a little.

Part of the reason it pisses me off such much is because the story is so engaging. It's like having to dig through a pile of stinking shit to find a cool prize. They could have just given us the cool prize and kept the stinking shit.

Agreed. Glad I don't need to waste my money on it now.

Mr Luzcious 10-01-2008 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5071314)
Yeah, just a little.

Just get the book. :D

Kraus 10-01-2008 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frazod (Post 5071300)
Well, here's an update.

This game sucks.

This seemed to be what most the reviews said. I didn't like the gameplay from the demo.

BTW I'm playing Mercs 2 right now...pretty fun, but somewhat glitchy. 8/10