ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

philfree 10-19-2012 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9030677)
:spock:

Define this "talent" that you speak about.

Berry, Lewis and Houston to name a few on D. On the O side we drafted what were considered to be the best interior linemen three years in a row. :shrug: There's a few more but it doesn't matter because if you don't win then everybody sucks.

The Franchise 10-19-2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9030716)
Berry, Lewis and Houston to name a few on D. On the O side we drafted what were considered to be the best interior linemen three years in a row. :shrug: There's a few more but it doesn't matter because if you don't win then everybody sucks.

Berry and Houston.....I'll give you those two.

Lewis is worthless.

Best interior linemen 3 years in a row? Hardly.

This year....David DeCastro was considered the best lineman.
2011.....Mike Pouncey was the best.
2010.....Mike Iupati or Maurkice Pouncey was the best.

Buckweath 10-19-2012 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9030677)
:spock:

Define this "talent" that you speak about.

The QBs and coaching staff are dreadful on this team but there is plenty of talent on this team.

Pioli has brought Berry, Poe, Lewis, Houston, Winston, Hudson, Asamoah,Breaston, McCluster, Moeaki...

That's plenty of talent really, it's just its useless without a QB and coaching staff, I mean especially for the guys on offense.

Buckweath 10-19-2012 12:24 PM

Forget the QBs and coaching staff for a second and a lot of Chiefs fans will criticize Pioli for not having brought talented players to this team through the draft, something which I disagree. The fact is those criticizing him would do much worse at drafting. Now, I understand you're not the ones getting paid, but the truth is the draft is in great part a crapshoot as evidenced by many great players having been drafted after their respective team selected scrubs in the earlier rounds, and fact is plenty of analysts acknowledge this Chiefs team is stacked with talent.

philfree 10-19-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 9030731)
Berry and Houston.....I'll give you those two.

Lewis is worthless.

Best interior linemen 3 years in a row? Hardly.

This year....David DeCastro was considered the best lineman.
2011.....Mike Pouncey was the best.
2010.....Mike Iupati or Maurkice Pouncey was the best.

I guess I should have said not in the 1st round. Asamoah, Hudson and Allen are all very talented interior linemen. Lewis we'll have to disagree on.

the Talking Can 10-19-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9030743)
The QBs and coaching staff are dreadful on this team but there is plenty of talent on this team.

Pioli has brought Berry, Poe, Lewis, Houston, Winston, Hudson, Asamoah,Breaston, McCluster, Moeaki...

That's plenty of talent really, it's just its useless without a QB and coaching staff, I mean especially for the guys on offense.

outside of houston and berry (pre-injury), it's just a list of names...wearing a chiefs jersey doesn't make them talented

and none of them are impact players, as our record over the last two season should make clear....

you can't run with this 'we have a superbowl roster' myth and be the worst team in the league

Buckweath 10-19-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9030774)
outside of houston and berry (pre-injury), it's just a list of names...wearing a chiefs jersey doesn't make them talented

and none of them are impact players, as our record over the last two season should make clear....

you can't run with this 'we have a superbowl roster' myth and be the worst team in the league

OK, Hudson and Asamoah have been good to great 2-3 round OL picks.

Kendrick Lewis was a terrific 5th round pick. He's a been a good FS for this team despite what you'll hear some say.

Poe, well we can't judge yet.

Moeaki was a great draft pick... you know you can't blame Pioli for not knowing the guy was going to get an ACL after a great rookie season and take time to get back to the form he had in year one.

I personnally love McCluster but I know I'm in the minority. He sure could use better QB play though, just like Baldwin.

Really, the difference between a top 10 and a bottom 5 team in this league is not that big and if the Chiefs can get a top QB prospect for next season and good OC and HC, I swear Chiefs fans will stop saying McCluster and the likes are all scrubs.

DaKCMan AP 10-19-2012 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9030797)
OK, Hudson and Asamoah have been good to great 2-3 round OL picks.How can you all Hudson a good-great pick? I think he'll be good, but he's started a grand total of 4 games in his career.

Kendrick Lewis was a terrific 5th round pick. He's a been a good FS for this team despite what you'll hear some say. WRONG! I was a Lewis fan when he came out of SCar, but he has disappointed. He takes bad angles and doesn't tackle well.

Moeaki was a great draft pick... you know you can't blame Pioli for not knowing the guy was going to get an ACL after a great rookie season and take time to get back to the form he had in year one. Moeaki was not a great draft pick. 1. It was known he was always injured in college. 2. He can NEVER be considered a great draft pick when Jimmy Graham, Aaron Hernandez, and Dennis PItta were taken (in order) after him.

I personnally love McCluster but I know I'm in the minority. He sure could use better QB play though, just like Baldwin.

Really, the difference between a top 10 and a bottom 5 team in this league is not that big and if the Chiefs can get a top QB prospect for next season and good OC and HC, I swear Chiefs fans will stop saying McCluster and the likes are all scrubs.

the Talking Can 10-19-2012 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buckweath (Post 9030797)
OK, Hudson and Asamoah have been good to great 2-3 round OL picks.

Kendrick Lewis was a terrific 5th round pick. He's a been a good FS for this team despite what you'll hear some say.

Moeaki was a great draft pick... you know you can't blame Pioli for not knowing the guy was going to get an ACL after a great rookie season and take time to get back to the form he had in year one.

yeah, they're all 'great'....

jesus...

Sweet Daddy Hate 10-19-2012 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the Talking Can (Post 9030857)
yeah, they're all 'great'....

jesus...

The talent is overflowing after Pioli's awesome drafts.

The Bad Guy 10-19-2012 02:30 PM

Hudson was getting his ****ing ass kicked every week. Good to great 2nd round pick? Get the **** out of here.

The Bad Guy 10-19-2012 02:30 PM

Lewis is afraid of contact, can't tackle and is average in pass coverage. He was a value pick where he was selected, but his best role is as a 3rd safety.

AussieChiefsFan 10-19-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King_Chief_Fan (Post 9030210)
you Geno fans (i like him to) will shit the bed when Geno says...nope, not going to KC and pulls an Eli or Elway and goes where he want to. Not sure where that is, but why would anyone come to KC?

If Pioli isnt here I dont see why Geno wouldnt be happy to come to KC. We have many better players than any other team that would be drafting a 1st round QB next year.

Saccopoo 10-19-2012 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woodsponge Chuckpants (Post 9030053)
I like Geno. I really do but, I want to see him carry the team in a bad situation. This won't be popular but it's a valid point imo. When they get down and are playing like shit, I want to see him step up. I haven't seen that yet. The best QBs can do this and this is one of the most important qualities to me. Kansas State will be their toughest test to this point in my opinion.

He does compare to Aaron Rodgers in this area. Most of his success has come when he's played with the lead. Odds are he will never go through another playoff run without trailing in a game.

Are you still ****ing here?

Tard.

Saccopoo 10-19-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philfree (Post 9030248)
So Pioli inherited a bunch of talent when he came here? Yeah that team that won eight games in 3 years was loaded. There's enough real reasons to want Pioli gone without going full reerun.

This is the same team, with more talent now than then, that went to the playoffs two seasons ago.

Pioli fail.

His coaches suck. His handpicked players suck. He sucks.

This guy is a lame duck, already fired piece of monkey shit.

If not, I'm done.

I don't want this guy making one more pile of goat turd pick in the draft. I don't trust him making my next QBOTF pick in the first round, because he's already come out and said he's a chicken shit to make that pick.

**** that.

Marc Ross and Geno Smith.

You hear me Clark?!

Serious.