ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Repository *** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=306961)

lewdog 06-02-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12898642)
He was mid-90s with a great slider. Touched 96-97. And was regarded as the best RH pitching prospect in the draft.

Latest buzz is it's a case of the yips. He's lost his mechanics and is in the mid-80s.

He's headed to bustville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus.

Dayton must have ****ed someone's daughter shortly after our 2015 World Series win.

Prison Bitch 06-02-2017 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12898658)
Jesus.

Dayton must have ****ed someone's daughter shortly after our 2015 World Series win.

Fine by me. He said he'd build a winner thru the system, that our window would be 2014ish, and that we'd compete for a title. And damn if he didn't do it exactly as he said he would.

If only our other sports team could live up to its promises to the fans.

SBInfinity 06-02-2017 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12898220)
How early should I get to family fun day at the K Sunday? Any chance the 2 guys signing autographs at 1145 are worth the wait in line for my kid, or are we talking guys like Young and Moylan? Any advice or suggestions are welcome.

Early. You want to be among the first to enter the stadium.
There's two lines and they take about 100 people in each line.You pick a line and you get who you get.
It is usually the newer guys signing although I did see Holland a couple years ago.
I'd say the chances of the veterans Salvy/Hoz/Moose/Gordon/Esky/Cain are very slim
If they are starting the game they probably aren't coming out early to sign

I think they really should limit it to kids.
Every time I've seen it the line is loaded with adults w/o kids and there's always a handful of kids walking away crying because they didn't make it to the line in time.

BigCatDaddy 06-02-2017 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SBInfinity (Post 12898788)
Early. You want to be among the first to enter the stadium.
There's two lines and they take about 100 people in each line.You pick a line and you get who you get.
It is usually the newer guys signing although I did see Holland a couple years ago.
I'd say the chances of the veterans Salvy/Hoz/Moose/Gordon/Esky/Cain are very slim
If they are starting the game they probably aren't coming out early to sign

I think they really should limit it to kids.
Every time I've seen it the line is loaded with adults w/o kids and there's always a handful of kids walking away crying because they didn't make it to the line in time.

I agree regarding kids...was hoping for less.crowds being a down year.. thank you sir!

Sure-Oz 06-02-2017 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 12898642)
He was mid-90s with a great slider. Touched 96-97. And was regarded as the best RH pitching prospect in the draft.

Latest buzz is it's a case of the yips. He's lost his mechanics and is in the mid-80s.

He's headed to bustville.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unbelievable that the kid just loses it ...another busted 1st rounder :(

DaneMcCloud 06-02-2017 03:17 PM

Quote:

Jesus.

Dayton Moore is the Carl Peterson of drafting

SBInfinity 06-02-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12898811)
I agree regarding kids...was hoping for less.crowds being a down year.. thank you sir!

Crowds are down overall of course
but something like this when you only need 200 people lining up the line is going to fill up pretty quickly regardless

lewdog 06-02-2017 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12898787)
Fine by me. He said he'd build a winner thru the system, that our window would be 2014ish, and that we'd compete for a title. And damn if he didn't do it exactly as he said he would.

If only our other sports team could live up to its promises to the fans.

Oh I definitely LOVE Dayton with every piece of my heart. I can't say I blame this on him either. Seems quite unlucky if nothing else. Lots of love for many of his picks but they either under-perform or get injured. Makes you wonder about coaches and development at the minor league level over just making draft pick mistakes.

Pitt Gorilla 06-02-2017 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12899061)
Oh I definitely LOVE Dayton with every piece of my heart. I can't say I blame this on him either. Seems quite unlucky if nothing else. Lots of love for many of his picks but they either under-perform or get injured. Makes you wonder about coaches and development at the minor league level over just making draft pick mistakes.

I'd like to understand what he was thinking with the Gordon contract.

Fansy the Famous Bard 06-02-2017 04:08 PM

Quote:

Jesus.

ya, God's.

BigCatDaddy 06-02-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12899076)
I'd like to understand what he was thinkinotg with the Gordon contract.

It was a fair contract based on what someone would have expecteded his performance to be over the course of the contract. Obviously nobody expected this type of fall off so quickly. I also think they were sticking their flag in the ground and making a statement they were willing to pay to keep good players as opposed trading them off or letting them walk year after year.

Pitt Gorilla 06-02-2017 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 12899082)
It was a fair contract based on what someone would have expecteded his performance to be over the course of the contract. Obviously nobody expected this type of fall off so quickly.

I think you can even read on here and see many who expected his performance to drop off fairly quickly, as the drop had begun well before the contract was signed.

Chiefspants 06-02-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12899084)
I think you can even read on here and see many who expected his performance to drop off fairly quickly, as the drop had begun well before the contract was signed.

Gordo hadn't started to "drop" well before 2015. If anything his performance was suggesting Zobrist levels of longevity.

Ah well.

tk13 06-02-2017 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 12899104)
Gordo hadn't started to "drop" well before 2015. If anything his performance was suggesting Zobrist levels of longevity.

Ah well.

Plus he keeps himself in amazing shape. There's not a player who works harder or prepares more than him. If you'd made me bet money, I'd bet on 32 year old Gordon over 32 year old Cain every time. If you look at his resume at the time, it didn't seem like a bad contract, but hindsight is hindsight.

Prison Bitch 06-02-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 12899084)

You're right, and there are many of us who know you're right and agreed with you, so I'd ignore the doubters.

Joe Poz has a rule: always bet on youth in pro sports. My rule: never pay anybody shit. (Ok I'd be a terrible GM who would lose a lot)