ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Knowmo's Homer Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274917)

mr. tegu 10-27-2013 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10127065)
I'm not sure why Chiefs fans are so excited about Denver's weak pass defense. It doesn't apply to KC, similar to how a running QB weakness doesn't apply to Manning. You don't have the players to exploit it, even if Alex does manage to have the fourth 300 yard game of his career.

You just don't get it. We don't need a Romo to pass on your defense. They are so bad that even a QB like Alex can have a career day against them. That is the reason for excitement. Charles is going to have so much space to run on that defense. He might average 20 YPC.

RealSNR 10-27-2013 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10127069)
I agree with the vast majority of this post. Your D is incredibly aggressive, and so far that is working wonders in the pass game, but seems to be failing in the run game. Pass defense is much more important than run defense in the NFL right now, so your defense is doing very well.

However, I don't think it will last. I think the poor showing in run defense is indicative of your success being more scheme-based than talent-based, and schemes get figured out. Houston and Poe both have absurd numbers of sacks per total pressure. Basically, if they aren't sacking the QB, they aren't having much effect in pass rush. This also points to scheming, that offenses aren't sure who is coming from where, and are getting confused. When the blocking is set up and executed properly, they have much less effect on the play. The effect of schemes like this is diminished as the season goes on. I've experienced this many times as a Broncos fan.

If KC's D was as talented as the ppg makes it seem, I don't think there'd be such a gap between yards per pass play (1st in the NFL) and yards per run play (29th in the NFL).

Then again, I could be wrong. I've been wrong plenty of times.

LMAO

You're scared, dude. Just admit it. You wouldn't be posting this inane bullshit if you weren't.

Explain how Romeo's defenses were excellent at stopping the run. We had basically the same players apart from Houston and Poe. Are old dick Vrabel and Ron ****ing Edwards the difference in "talent" that it takes to stop the run?

No, they're not. Of course they're not. It's entirely 100% scheme based. Romeo's 2-gap principles placed a premium on stopping the run, so they did.

You're officially as dumb as Knowmo, dude. Christ, man. Get it together.

Ceej 10-27-2013 07:03 AM

Still waiting on MagicQueef to let us know how the KC D ranks in PPG.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-27-2013 07:39 AM

Hef with the full reerun post of the day....yeah this D isn't talented...only about 5 allpros and 8 pb quality guys ROFL

FlaChief58 10-27-2013 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10127112)

But, but it's yards that wins games, points don't mean shit /MQ

Pasta Little Brioni 10-27-2013 07:57 AM

Same buffoon that compared us to thst POS Brownco defense

Mother****erJones 10-27-2013 08:12 AM

Quote:

I agree with the vast majority of this post. Your D is incredibly aggressive, and so far that is working wonders in the pass game, but seems to be failing in the run game. Pass defense is much more important than run defense in the NFL right now, so your defense is doing very well.

However, I don't think it will last. I think the poor showing in run defense is indicative of your success being more scheme-based than talent-based, and schemes get figured out. Houston and Poe both have absurd numbers of sacks per total pressure. Basically, if they aren't sacking the QB, they aren't having much effect in pass rush. This also points to scheming, that offenses aren't sure who is coming from where, and are getting confused. When the blocking is set up and executed properly, they have much less effect on the play. The effect of schemes like this is diminished as the season goes on. I've experienced this many times as a Broncos fan.

If KC's D was as talented as the ppg makes it seem, I don't think there'd be such a gap between yards per pass play (1st in the NFL) and yards per run play (29th in the NFL).

Poor run defense LMAO

Mother****erJones 10-27-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Wut?

Lucy, you got some splainin' to do!

Hmmm...let's see DJ pro bowler, Hali pro bowler, Houston pro bowler, Poe pro bowler, Berry pro bowler

Pasta Little Brioni 10-27-2013 08:19 AM

By watching the games, anyone can see the KC run D is not a liability...donco pass D on the other hand...don't need stats to tell me what I see.

TimBone 10-27-2013 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ceej (Post 10127112)

Dey furst.

Mother****erJones 10-27-2013 08:43 AM

@mortreport: Both of P. Manning's ankles are sprained, including a high right ankle sprain aggravated by Robert Mathis' 2nd sack. Pain killer for today.

Gona bust his ankles baby

Quesadilla Joe 10-27-2013 09:00 AM

Bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

TimBone 10-27-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10127206)
@mortreport: Both of P. Manning's ankles are sprained, including a high right ankle sprain aggravated by Robert Mathis' 2nd sack. Pain killer for today.

Here's to hoping Orakpo can finish the job. :toast:

Pasta Little Brioni 10-27-2013 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10127206)

I said this earlier a couple days ago before it was ever reported. Let's just say I got scooped and Knowmo better be concerned a bit.

Pasta Little Brioni 10-27-2013 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Von Dumbass (Post 10127228)
Bye week couldn't have come at a better time.

Going to that glorified Lil Richard concert at Pile High today? What was Baba O'Reilly by the Who taken for TD music?