ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Official 2012-2013 NBA Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=265784)

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 09:57 PM

Can't they just play a few more games of this instead of the boring AS competition and game? Waiting for the playoffs is too long.

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 10:02 PM

It's incredible how poorly this Lakers team has utilized Steve Nash this season, especially considering they seemed to specifically hire their current coach just because Nash was on the team.

okcchief 02-14-2013 10:06 PM

Now that LeBron has removed the pressure it's going to be a monumental upset to take out a team led by him in the playoffs. I appreciate that type of excellence though. ****ing cock sucker :)

dirk digler 02-14-2013 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9404296)
LeBron is too good for this league these days. It's like everyone else is one level slower than he is.

I agree. I thought Melo was going to be MVP this year the way he started out but right now it is Lebron's to lose. Tony Parker deserves 2nd place

It is:

1. Lebron

2. Durant

3. everyone else

okcchief 02-14-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9404333)
I agree. I thought Melo was going to be MVP this year the way he started out but right now it is Lebron's to lose. Tony Parker deserves 2nd place

It is:

1. Lebron

2. Durant

3. everyone else

If anyone votes for anyone, but LeBron they should not be allowed to have anything to do with the NBA ever again.

dirk digler 02-14-2013 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9404332)
Now that LeBron has removed the pressure it's going to be a monumental upset to take out a team led by him in the playoffs. I appreciate that type of excellence though. ****ing cock sucker :)

I don't think it would be that big of an upset if for say the Pacers or maybe the Knicks beat the Heat.

okcchief 02-14-2013 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9404344)
I don't think it would be that big of an upset if for say the Pacers or maybe the Knicks beat the Heat.

So you wouldn't be surprised if Indiana or NY beat Miami in a 7 game series?

San Antonio because of coaching and Duncan if they can get past OKC and the Clips would be the only team I would give a decent shot of beating Miami. I'd still give the Thunder and Clips a better shot. Regular season success doesn't necessarily equal playoff success against a team. The Bulls have shown that already.

okcchief 02-14-2013 10:21 PM

I'll be rooting for Indiana and NY though. I would live to give you props on that call lol

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9404332)

Bosh is playing way better this year too now that the pressure is off, too. They're all playing with so much freedom and calmness.

KC_Connection 02-14-2013 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9404344)

Unless LeBron gets hurt or something, that won't happen.

okcchief 02-14-2013 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9404367)

This or an injury to Bosh or Wade. They are still a hell of a lot more likely to lose in the Finals than the East.

MIAdragon 02-14-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 9404367)

Have you watched the Pacers play the Heat this season?

AdumbGuy 02-14-2013 10:43 PM

I think Pacers are the best bet to beat Miami too, but that just means they have like a 20% chance? Is Roy Hibbert still in the league?

So I guess the new narrative is that now that Lebron is so comfortable with himself, he can do anything. Also, the power of love can turn evil robots good.

Dude's been doing this forever, he's just doing it more efficiently now, which is expected.

dirk digler 02-14-2013 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9404359)
So you wouldn't be surprised if Indiana or NY beat Miami in a 7 game series?

San Antonio because of coaching and Duncan if they can get past OKC and the Clips would be the only team I would give a decent shot of beating Miami. I'd still give the Thunder and Clips a better shot. Regular season success doesn't necessarily equal playoff success against a team. The Bulls have shown that already.

Not really but I am basing my thoughts on what has happened in the regular season. For example the Pacers have dismantled the Heat in both games so far and this was without their best player in Granger. Knicks I could see possibly they can score and rebound with Melo and Chandler.

I am not saying it is going to happen but if it did it wouldn't be a shocker IMO.

Hootie 02-14-2013 10:52 PM

no one is beating Miami...they may lose less than 3 games in the entire postseason.

Once the postseason hits and they treat every minute like it's the final minute of the game...it's over.

They are too good, LeBron is too good.