ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****The official NEW new conference realignment thread.**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255691)

Saul Good 10-14-2013 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 10085080)
9. Bob Stoops helped prove the Big 12 was "bottom heavy" by getting whipped by Mack Brown and Texas.

Is it worth mentioning that the tenth best team in the SEC, Ole Miss, beat the same Texas team that Oklahoma just lost to by 16 at a neutral site, by 21 in Austin? Or is that just rubbing it in?

I'd love for a reporter to mention the SEC's eight top 25 teams, Ole Miss's 21 point road win over Texas, and then ask, "So do you still think the SEC is top heavy?"

LMAO

http://outkickthecoverage.com/starti...ve-in-2013.php

It is fair to ask the question of whether or not the best teams in the Big 12 could finish in the top half of the SEC.

The SEC had been the best conference for years. What did they do for an encore? They ripped two teams from the Big 12 that, a year later, would be the two best teams in the Big 12.

How incompetent was Dean Beebee, by the way? If Mizzou and aTm hadn't left, that guy would still be in charge.

Discuss Thrower 10-14-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10085113)
This 100 years of frustration finally being relieved is good for my MU friends. Should be interesting to see where things take them. I feel good for them.

Garcia Bronco is envious at your attempt at reverse mojo.

Mosbonian 10-14-2013 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085195)
It is fair to ask the question of whether or not the best teams in the Big 12 could finish in the top half of the SEC.

The SEC had been the best conference for years. What did they do for an encore? They ripped two teams from the Big 12 that, a year later, would be the two best teams in the Big 12.

How incompetent was Dean Beebee, by the way? If Mizzou and aTm hadn't left, that guy would still be in charge.

I liked #8....

Can you imagine how much Mike Slive is sitting in his office right now laughing at those who said he made a mistake with aTm and Mizzou? If I was that guy I would find the people who gave him crap about it and ask, "so, how do you like me now?"

Saul Good 10-14-2013 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 10085219)
I liked #8....

Can you imagine how much Mike Slive is sitting in his office right now laughing at those who said he made a mistake with aTm and Mizzou? If I was that guy I would find the people who gave him crap about it and ask, "so, how do you like me now?"

Hard to argue with 11-1.

Meanwhile, Baylor and Texas Tech are the Big 12's golden children.

Bambi 10-14-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 10085209)
Garcia Bronco is envious at your attempt at reverse mojo.

Not at all. I was at the Ritz in Sarasota this weekend and during the games and the valet guy started talking to me cause I was wearing my game day KU shirt. He had on a mizzou shirt under his uniform and he wasn't allowed to look at his phone or go inside so I kept running out from the bar to tell him that the Tigers were winning.

I also won $10 from a bet I made the night before against an Alabama fan because I knew MU would cover the 9 point spread.

warpaint* 10-14-2013 12:44 PM

Both were as good of adds last yr as they are this year. LOL'g at MU last yr in spite of our injuries is just as shortsighted as talking us up just b/c we're having a good yr (so far). Both expanded the league's footprint & are large state schools.

SEC $ is going to do for MU long term what's done for Ark. Similarly to the Hogs we aren't winning the league anytime soon if ever but we will add to the leagues overall depth long term and are capable of competing and being pretty good.

IDK if they ever will but aTm has the infrastructure to win championships and compete on an elite level both in league and nationally. Neither can be said for TCU or WVA but if you can get them consistently matched up w/ Big Ten schools in the bowls simpletons won't know the difference.

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10084746)
The league's perception is hurt right now big time w/ OU & Texas not both being among the elite. In fact it looks as though there are no elite teams in the Big 12 at the moment although Baylor has yet to play anybody of consequence so they are still somewhat of an unknown. Struggling at Kst doesn't necessarily alarm me unless we see them do it again in conference play.

True.

Quote:

I don't think there's any question that the league was hurt by expansion. Smaller footprint, Fewer "name" programs.

True. But I'm only speaking to quality of play, not reputation. If someone argues the perception weakened then of course it did. But surely you'd agree that Nebraska and Colorado are bigger names than they are quality programs right now.

Quote:

Those things speak to perception, which is important and will drive TV $ long term. The #'s they are throwing around right now for the SEC are mind boggling.
I'm not certain the perennial bottom feeders in the SEC have good "perception" - I'd argue it's terrible. They are welfare queens feeding off the popularity and success of your Big 6.

Quote:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...eases/1836389/

Also, recruiting is down across the board

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/footbal...k/2014/all/all

although that is likely due to multiple reasons.
True but we'll wait and see on that. USC is terrible with the best players.

Quote:

I am w/ the others that think TCU was a terrible add. They don't bring anything to the table the league didn't already possess.

True. But we are talking only quality of football, which vis-a-vis the programs that left, isn't much of a drop.

Quote:

I would have taken Louisville.
Couldn't, Fox dictated the WVU selection.

Quote:

Spinning #'s notwithstanding. WVA OTOH was an excellent choice given available options. They will be fine long term they are just adjusting to not getting to play South Florida and UCONN every other week.
They are going to have a long, tough slog now given their travel situation esp for basketball. I don't know where they recruit but they really don't have any new pipeline to Texas opened up since they're so remote. They're a really odd duck in the Big 12.

Quote:

All that said, the other thing that's important to remember is that the reality is that we've just hit the pause button on expansion. IDK about the where or when but I don't believe for a second that it's over.

Realignment has happened since the beginning of time, there's no reason for anyone to assume it's ever over because technology, population shifts, etc always change.

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085226)
Hard to argue with 11-1..

And it's equally hard to argue with 1-16 from the SEC bottom feeders.

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2013 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085242)
Both were as good of adds last yr as they are this year. LOL'g at MU last yr in spite of our injuries is just as shortsighted as talking us up just b/c we're having a good yr (so far). Both expanded the league's footprint & are large state schools.

Agree with this completely. Without Franklin, Mizzou will very likely lose several games this year (including some they'd likely win with Frank).

The incredible start is nice, but 8-4 isn't out of the real of possibility given Frank's arm.

eazyb81 10-14-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 10085368)
Agree with this completely. Without Franklin, Mizzou will very likely lose several games this year (including some they'd likely win with Frank).

The incredible start is nice, but 8-4 isn't out of the real of possibility given Frank's arm.

8-4 would be a disappointment after this start, but still might be enough to get a Gator Bowl slot against a Big Ten opponent.

Before the season started, any of us would have called that a successful season.

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2013 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eazyb81 (Post 10085377)
8-4 would be a disappointment after this start, but still might be enough to get a Gator Bowl slot against a Big Ten opponent.

Before the season started, any of us would have called that a successful season.

Given the injury, I still would. It would stink to sit through 4 losses and only two more wins, but that very easily could happen with a freshman QB. I hope I'm wrong.

warpaint* 10-14-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10085336)
True.

True. But I'm only speaking to quality of play, not reputation. If someone argues the perception weakened then of course it did. But surely you'd agree that Nebraska and Colorado are bigger names than they are quality programs right now.

I'm not certain the perennial bottom feeders in the SEC have good "perception" - I'd argue it's terrible. They are welfare queens feeding off the popularity and success of your Big 6.

True but we'll wait and see on that. USC is terrible with the best players.

True. But we are talking only quality of football, which vis-a-vis the programs that left, isn't much of a drop.

Couldn't, Fox dictated the WVU selection.

They are going to have a long, tough slog now given their travel situation esp for basketball. I don't know where they recruit but they really don't have any new pipeline to Texas opened up since they're so remote. They're a really odd duck in the Big 12.

Realignment has happened since the beginning of time, there's no reason for anyone to assume it's ever over because technology, population shifts, etc always change.

Sure but taking snapshots of football programs is always a bad idea. Over the long haul Neb/CU/aTm/MU is a heck of a lot better than TCU/WVA. They are down but Neb was a critical loss and the most damaging of all. The fact they aren't doing as well as they have historically at this moment is irrelevant. It was a bad move for them to boot as far as football is concerned. They effectively are out of Tx now and resigned to recruiting slow white guys w/ an excessive amount of consonants in their last name. They'll compete in the Big Ten long term w/ the other blue bloods in that league & get embarrassed in bowl games against the Pac12/SEC.

WVA will work to get into Tx the same way MU did. Whether they are successful remains to be seen that will come down to coaching. That takes time regardless. Much to the same token MU is hitting the SE heavier than ever before.

The problem is depth, there aren't any more helmet schools to step in when OU/Tx are down. Perception eventually becomes reality over the long haul as it pertains to the effect on recruiting and the on field product. But when they are both up again which is more often than not things will be alright.

Looking around many Tx fans already have buyers remorse over what's transpired. Nothing scientific, I'm just seeing an increasing # of comments to that effect reading fan boards. There was nary a one two years ago they were a unified camp as it pertains to that issue.

My comment about adding TCU was w/ respect to Louisville. I would have added Louisville & WVA. If Fox was responsible or whatever, I still view it as a mistake nonetheless.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10085344)
And it's equally hard to argue with 1-16 from the SEC bottom feeders.

Who are these "bottom feeders"? Last year, you called Auburn a bottom feeder two years after they won a national title. Today, they are top 25.

Last year, you called Mizzou a bottom feeder after going 5-7 and barely missing out on a bowl game for the first time in nearly a decade. Now, they are 6-0 and ranked 14th. Hard to call that a bottom feeder.

You continue to call Ole Miss a bottom feeder less than a month after they crushed Texas in Austin. They've also got the number 1 recruiting class in the country.

You call Vanderbilt a bottom feeder, but they won 9 games last year including a bowl game.

You call Tennessee a bottom feeder, but they won a national title in the BCS era and have the number 2 recruiting class next year.

You call Arkansas a bottom feeder, but they just finished off a top 5 season two years ago by blowing out KSU in a bowl game. After a terrible season last year, the coach who just took Wisconsin to three straight Rose Bowls jumped at the opportunity to coach in the big leagues.

There are 14 teams in the SEC, and someone has to come in 13th and 14th place every year. This is a mathematical fact.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you finish 10th in the Big 12 you aren't a bottom feeder. Not having enough teams to have anyone finish 11th and 12th in the Big 12 is not a testament to the strength of your conference. It's a tribute to years of mismanagement.

The Big 12 is a dying mall. Just because you got a youth group and a Dippin' Dots vendor in WVU and TCU to lease a couple of spots, that doesn't make you Rodeo Drive.

warpaint* 10-14-2013 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085447)
Who are these "bottom feeders"? Last year, you called Auburn a bottom feeder two years after they won a national title. Today, they are top 25.

Last year, you called Mizzou a bottom feeder after going 5-7 and barely missing out on a bowl game for the first time in nearly a decade. Now, they are 6-0 and ranked 14th. Hard to call that a bottom feeder.

You continue to call Ole Miss a bottom feeder less than a month after they crushed Texas in Austin. They've also got the number 1 recruiting class in the country.

You call Vanderbilt a bottom feeder, but they won 9 games last year including a bowl game.

You call Tennessee a bottom feeder, but they won a national title in the BCS era and have the number 2 recruiting class next year.

You call Arkansas a bottom feeder, but they just finished off a top 5 season two years ago by blowing out KSU in a bowl game. After a terrible season last year, the coach who just took Wisconsin to three straight Rose Bowls jumped at the opportunity to coach in the big leagues.

There are 14 teams in the SEC, and someone has to come in 13th and 14th place every year. This is a mathematical fact.

Don't fool yourself into thinking that just because you finish 10th in the Big 12 you aren't a bottom feeder. Not having enough teams to have anyone finish 11th and 12th in the Big 12 is not a testament to the strength of your conference. It's a tribute to years of mismanagement.

The Big 12 is a dying mall. Just because you got a youth group and a Dippin' Dots vendor in WVU and TCU to lease a couple of spots, that doesn't make you Rodeo Drive.

5-7 & 2-6 in league Mizzou beating 8 win AzState OOC is a perfect example. We also came w/in an eyelash of beating another bowl team in terms of Syracuse w/o Big Shel & DGB.

Tenn who went 1-7 in the league beat an ACC bowl team in NCState by 2 tds on a neutral field.

Vandy, another school outside that top 6 hammered that same NCState team in their bowl.

And Auburn beat that same LaMonroe team that gave Baylor, an 8 win Big 12 school fits in their game.

Now we all know the ACC & Big East are terrible and all but the point is simply this, the notion that there is no depth beyond that top 6 isn't true as these schools did alright competing w/ bowl teams from other leagues. It just seems that way b/c those top SEC 6 schools were all great.

Ironically the SEC fraud last yr was Miss St who won 8 games. They dodged a buncha heavies, got hammered by everyone w/ a pulse & got further exposed in their bowl.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 02:24 PM

ESPN breaks down the SEC

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...eason-overview

Saul Good 10-14-2013 02:27 PM

ESPN beaks down the Big 12 (spoiler alert: it's not a glowing report)

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...eason-overview

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085445)
Sure but taking snapshots of football programs is always a bad idea. Over the long haul Neb/CU/aTm/MU is a heck of a lot better than TCU/WVA. They are down but Neb was a critical loss and the most damaging of all. The fact they aren't doing as well as they have historically at this moment is irrelevant. It was a bad move for them to boot as far as football is concerned. They effectively are out of Tx now and resigned to recruiting slow white guys w/ an excessive amount of consonants in their last name. They'll compete in the Big Ten long term w/ the other blue bloods in that league & get embarrassed in bowl games against the Pac12/SEC.

I said then and will say now, ATM was definitely the biggest loss given where they're located. Regardless of how they struggled in the Big 12 that's a name program set up for the future better than Nebraska. If OU was still playing Nebraska every year that's one thing but when that died and when Nebraska collapsed, their appeal dropped significantly.

Quote:

The problem is depth, there aren't any more helmet schools to step in when OU/Tx are down. Perception eventually becomes reality over the long haul as it pertains to the effect on recruiting and the on field product. But when they are both up again which is more often than not things will be alright.
So long as Texas & OU are excellent programs (which they'll be over the long-term that you referenced), the Big 12 will be a major player in college football. Slive isn't pairing up with them for no reason - he's not stupid.

Quote:

My comment about adding TCU was w/ respect to Louisville. I would have added Louisville & WVA. If Fox was responsible or whatever, I still view it as a mistake nonetheless.
Sure. You can imagine how much Kansas fans wanted Louisville in the conference for obvious reasons.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10085640)
You can imagine how much Kansas fans wanted Louisville in the conference for obvious reasons.

And in the end, Texas got who they wanted...for obvious reasons.

Bambi 10-14-2013 02:44 PM

Quote:

I said then and will say now, ATM was definitely the biggest loss given where they're located. Regardless of how they struggled in the Big 12 that's a name program set up for the future better than Nebraska. If OU was still playing Nebraska every year that's one thing but when that died and when Nebraska collapsed, their appeal dropped significantly.

So long as Texas & OU are excellent programs (which they'll be over the long-term that you referenced), the Big 12 will be a major player in college football. Slive isn't pairing up with them for no reason - he's not stupid.

Sure. You can imagine how much Kansas fans wanted Louisville in the conference for obvious reasons.

Called for Louisville to join back when they were banging down the door to get in. It would be great if KU had them on the conference schedule but they don't.

Not sure I understand all hate/anger towards the Big 12. It's a down year in football. Something all conferences experience from time to time. There's more money being poured into the Big 12 than ever before so if that's the goal I'm sure everyone's happy.

Bambi 10-14-2013 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085654)
And in the end, Texas got who they wanted...for obvious reasons.

Texas vetoed Louisville's invitation to the Big 12? Do you have a link for that?

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10085701)
Texas vetoed Louisville's invitation to the Big 12? Do you have a link for that?

Does he ever have a link for any of his nonsense?

warpaint* 10-14-2013 02:52 PM

I have no idea why Tx would want TCU over Louisville. Moreover I just think the league thought it needed to move fast and quickly added someone they knew would say yes to stop the bleeding so to speak. There's no question to me conference leadership (Beebe) was lacking for a time.

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085730)
I have no idea why Tx would want TCU over Louisville. .

They didn't, Fox did. More desirable market for them than BYU, Cinci, Louisville, etc and immediately available.

Pitt Gorilla 10-14-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10085711)
Does he ever have a link for any of his nonsense?

You referring to his posts as "nonsense" is rich. LMAO

warpaint* 10-14-2013 02:58 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying or will say the league's going to be irrelevant or anything like that, just that realignment hurt it. That's all. They still have anchor schools in one of the big 3 states for talent (CA/Tx/Fla) which is critical. As long as they have OU/Tx they will be fine in that sense. But when one or both are down it will hurt the league's perception more than it would have previously.

Neb was hiring bad coaches and failed to capitalize on Tx talent. We can agree to disagree about them.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10085701)

Did I say they vetoed it, or did I say they got their way. There's a reason you have to change what I say in order to argue.

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085749)
I'm not saying or will say the league's going to be irrelevant or anything like that, just that realignment hurt it. That's all. They still have anchor schools in one of the big 3 states for talent (CA/Tx/Fla) which is critical. As long as they have OU/Tx they will be fine in that sense. But when one or both are down it will hurt the league's perception more than it would have previously.

Neb was hiring bad coaches and failed to capitalize on Tx talent. We can agree to disagree about them.

So you believe they'll be more like OU and Texas long term, rather than Wisconsin?

Saul Good 10-14-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085749)

I'll say it. The league is irrelevant. The Texas vs Oklahoma game was the worst case scenario for the conference.

If Texas hires Briles, I'm going to laugh until I shit myself.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10085808)
So you believe they'll be more like OU and Texas long term, rather than Wisconsin?

What are Texas and OU in the long term? They are both declining programs.

warpaint* 10-14-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10085808)

Who? Neb? Wisconsin but that's b/c of the league they play in, the whole lot of them are irrelevant. If they were still in the Big 12 and had their blue blood history to go w/ a coach that knew what he was doing w/ access to Tx players they'd be capable of winning a National Championship along w/ CC's. That's a huge loss for the Big 12.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 03:26 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoot...tcukansas-game

warpaint* 10-14-2013 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085818)
What are Texas and OU in the long term? They are both declining programs.

Mack is well past his prime. Stoops might be but I suspect he just needs to shake up his staff and get some fresh blood in there.

You are kidding yourself if you don't think Saban would be raking at Tx.

Their issues have more to do w/ that than anything else.

warpaint* 10-14-2013 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085811)
I'll say it. The league is irrelevant. The Texas vs Oklahoma game was the worst case scenario for the conference.

If Texas hires Briles, I'm going to laugh until I shit myself.

If Tx hires Briles and hires a DC who knows what he's doing they will be just fine.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085858)
Mack is well past his prime. Stoops might be but I suspect he just needs to shake up his staff and get some fresh blood in there.

You are kidding yourself if you don't think Saban would be raking at Tx.

Their issues have more to do w/ that than anything else.

Nick Saban is not walking through that door. Texas is suffering from a crippling lack of self-awareness.

They should hire Art Briles, but I don't know if they will.

warpaint* 10-14-2013 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085865)
Nick Saban is not walking through that door. Texas is suffering from a crippling lack of self-awareness.

They should hire Art Briles, but I don't know if they will.

Of course not. That's not the point. The point is merely that their issues are coaching related, not realignment related.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085873)
Of course not. That's not the point. The point is merely that their issues are coaching related, not realignment related.

Of course not. Texas is bigger than the conference. Texas doesn't suffer from being in a shitty conference...but the shitty conference suffers from a shitty Texas.

Bambi 10-14-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085794)
Did I say they vetoed it, or did I say they got their way. There's a reason you have to change what I say in order to argue.

OK. They got their way. Who didn't get their way? Which school wanted Louisville in that Texas "got their way over"?

Or are you making some random fans desires/opinions carry the same weight as the University of Texas?

Bambi 10-14-2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085880)
Of course not. Texas is bigger than the conference. Texas doesn't suffer from being in a shitty conference...but the shitty conference suffers from a shitty Texas.

Again, how is the conference suffering from having a down year in football? Each school is making more money than ever before thanks to TV deals struck based on a 10 team league.

Kansas, which sits at the bottom of the football side of things is poised to have one of the greatest money making seasons in the history of college basketball.

Where is all this suffering?

warpaint* 10-14-2013 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085880)

It's down at the moment but the league is not irrelevant as long as OU and Tx are in it.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 04:01 PM

Since Bitch wouldn't answer my question about "bottom feeders", I did a little research onmy own. In the 20 years since the SEC expanded to add Arkansas, there have been 14 instances of an SEC team going winless in conference. No team has ever gone more than 2 seasons without a win in conference.

Bambi 10-14-2013 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085947)
It's down at the moment but the league is not irrelevant as long as OU and Tx are in it.

Only SG can find a way to call a league that sent 90% of it's teams to bowls last year "irrelevant".

It's akin to saying Auburn is "irrelevant" a year after going winless in the conference. Oh wait! Now they're in the top 25! Incredible!

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10085838)
Who? Neb? Wisconsin but that's b/c of the league they play in, the whole lot of them are irrelevant. If they were still in the Big 12 and had their blue blood history to go w/ a coach that knew what he was doing w/ access to Tx players they'd be capable of winning a National Championship along w/ CC's. That's a huge loss for the Big 12.

Nebraska being a power once again. Saying they'll be more like WI going forward implies you think they lost out by moving too.

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10085986)
Only SG can find a way to call a league that sent 90% of it's teams to bowls last year "irrelevant".

It's akin to saying Auburn is "irrelevant" a year after going winless in the conference. Oh wait! Now they're in the top 25! Incredible!

Who cares what the mouth-breather thinks, just look at what Slive thinks of the Big 12.

warpaint* 10-14-2013 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10086033)
Nebraska being a power once again. Saying they'll be more like WI going forward implies you think they lost out by moving too.

I do.

And it would have been a disaster for MU to have gone to that dump of a league too. Thank the good Lord they didn't want us (enough to offer us at that time) b/c we would have joined up.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10085943)
Again, how is the conference suffering from having a down year in football? Each school is making more money than ever before thanks to TV deals struck based on a 10 team league.

Kansas, which sits at the bottom of the football side of things is poised to have one of the greatest money making seasons in the history of college basketball.

Where is all this suffering?

Congrats on the money. Sorry about the whole not winning any games and breaking negative attendance records.

TribalElder 10-14-2013 04:32 PM

How long is the record losing streak in big 12 football, is it 25 or 28?

Saul Good 10-14-2013 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10085986)

Auburn won a title three seasons ago. I said they aren't a bottom feeder...and they aren't. Kansas is the very definition of a bottom feeder...just look at your post about all the money you're slurping up.

The Big 12 wouldn't have placed a team in the playoff last year, and they don't even have a top ten team this year. Explain to me how they are relevant...perhaps in a way that doesn't involve the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10086060)

Who knows? The Big 12 can't count.

TribalElder 10-14-2013 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10086071)
Who knows? The Big 12 can't count.

K state currently holds it. I think it is 25 conference losses but I read 28 somewhere. I just wondered how many more games before KU football shatters the record

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10086052)
I do.

And it would have been a disaster for MU to have gone to that dump of a league too. Thank the good Lord they didn't want us (enough to offer us at that time) b/c we would have joined up.

I agree fully from the football perspective (although I think MU will be in the Arkansas-comparable purgatory of that league long term). But colleges exist for many more reasons than football matchups. The BIG is probably the best all around conference in the US. Probably by a good margin. Outside of football I don't see anything better about the sec

WhawhaWhat 10-14-2013 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10086085)
Outside of football I don't see anything better about the sec

Baseball.

Saul Good 10-14-2013 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 10086095)
Baseball.

Basketball championships

warpaint* 10-14-2013 05:12 PM

Quote:

I agree fully from the football perspective (although I think MU will be in the Arkansas-comparable purgatory of that league long term). But colleges exist for many more reasons than football matchups. The BIG is probably the best all around conference in the US. Probably by a good margin. Outside of football I don't see anything better about the sec

Yep that's fair. I think we could have won the Big 12, that's something we were capable of b/c we only need to jump a couple powers in a given year. There are too many powers in the SEC making it virtually impossible to jump them all, which is why the big 6 has won the last 50 SEC titles or whatever the # is. But it's either that or slip into irrelevance in the Big Ten and get our asses kicked w/ a roster full of slow white guys by Big 12 and SEC schools in our bowl game.

Those other sports you reference pale in comparison to football from my POV. Plus you can make final four runs from any major league and even some of the lesser ones so in that sense I don't see it as a harbinger to hoops success although it definitely makes for a less entertaining regular season.

The SEC is the best conference in the country in baseball as well as football more years than not.

Also, I don't follow really any sports outside football, men's hoops, and baseball so I really have no idea but I did a little googling and while it's just one year it appears the SEC more than holds it's own in some of those other sports...

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf--...m-is-best.html

...at least in terms of champions. No idea about depth in those other sports. I actually would have figured it was the PAC 12, for some reason I have the perception that's the league winning titles in all those other sports most years. But again, I'm very uninformed b/c I honestly don't care. I get that others do and am not out to put that POV down.

BryanBusby 10-14-2013 05:14 PM

Quote:

The BIG is probably the best all around conference in the US. Probably by a good margin.

Yeah but Penn State is in the Big 10, so I don't think so Tim.

Eleazar 10-14-2013 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10085447)

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-conte...ad-me-like.gif

Bambi 10-14-2013 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10086058)
Congrats on the money. Sorry about the whole not winning any games and breaking negative attendance records.

Oh we're just fine. There's enough winning in our history to weather some rough years.

You on the other hand...

Bambi 10-14-2013 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10086069)
Auburn won a title three seasons ago. I said they aren't a bottom feeder...and they aren't. Kansas is the very definition of a bottom feeder...just look at your post about all the money you're slurping up.

The Big 12 wouldn't have placed a team in the playoff last year, and they don't even have a top ten team this year. Explain to me how they are relevant...perhaps in a way that doesn't involve the Meineke Car Care Bowl.

Whew! Good thing there wasn't a playoff last year! The Big 12 will just have to get it together.

TribalElder 10-14-2013 06:58 PM

Dippin Dots for the 12 who are only 10 ROFL

Dippin Dots smack

Bambi 10-14-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10086060)

Eh, does it really matter?

Can you name me the longest NCAA football losing streak of all time?

Can you name me the longest losing streak in NFL history?

People remember winning. Losing? Not so much

TribalElder 10-14-2013 06:59 PM

KU might not win another conference football game ever ROFL

Dippin Dots LMAO

Bowser 10-14-2013 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10086639)

Jesus LMAO

Bambi 10-14-2013 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 10086656)
Jesus LMAO

Don't wear out google on that one.

But you can guess I suppose.

The Tampa Bay Bucs?

Bambi 10-14-2013 07:04 PM

In college it's Northwestern. 34 games.

Shoot, Northwestern ain't all that bad now huh?

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10086646)
KU might not win another conference football game ever ROFL

We all thought that of Mizzou in the 80s and 90s until Pinkel came along to deliver you to mediocrity. So things always change

TribalElder 10-14-2013 07:15 PM

You will set the record for consecutive big 12 football losses this season

All time

Hell yeah

Rock chalk dippin dots

Bambi 10-14-2013 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10086720)
You will set the record for consecutive big 12 football losses this season

All time

Hell yeah

Rock chalk dippin dots

Why can you not deal with success? Why are you still making everything about Kansas?

Are you that insecure with winning anything?

I understand your university has never won.

It's a scary thing to go and grab success. But it's fascinating to me that there are so many of you that are sitting basking in the difficulties KU is having at the moment instead of concentrating on what could be a great year for you.

TribalElder 10-14-2013 07:37 PM

Hahaha

How many basketball games you think charlie will be at this year LMAO

warpaint* 10-14-2013 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10086639)

I remember it's Prarie View A&M only b/c they made SC every week back in the 90s. Don't remember the #. 27 comes to mind for some reason but that's all games not just conference.

As for NFL.....Tampa w/ McKay?

warpaint* 10-14-2013 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bambi (Post 10086667)
In college it's Northwestern. 34 games.

Shoot, Northwestern ain't all that bad now huh?

Really? I thought for sure I had it.
Meh oh well.

Eleazar 10-14-2013 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 10086834)
Hahaha

How many basketball games you think charlie will be at this year LMAO

Depends, do they serve ribs there?

warpaint* 10-14-2013 07:50 PM

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_streak

Okay so the Prarie View streak was 1aa but I thought you meant all levels. I was way off on the #! Check out the d3 school that lost 200+ games in a row....sheesh I'm surprised at some point they didn't just quit.

TribalElder 10-14-2013 07:52 PM

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/food...ow-Ice-611.jpg

Bambi 10-14-2013 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warpaint* (Post 10086930)
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Losing_streak

Okay so the Prarie View streak was 1aa but I thought you meant all levels. I was way off on the #! Check out the d3 school that lost 200+ games in a row....sheesh I'm surprised at some point they didn't just quit.

In the 70's Florida State lost 20 in a row. Imagine going from that to one of the most powerful programs in college football.

BryanBusby 10-14-2013 08:32 PM

It generally helps when you're located in Florida.

notorious 10-14-2013 08:36 PM

Please stop arguing over this shit.

The Big 12 sucks ass this year and the SEC is good. Enough is enough.

Prison Bitch 10-14-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 10087150)
Please stop arguing over this shit.

The Big 12 sucks ass this year and the SEC is good. Enough is enough.

The awesome thing about KSU? like this Spring, theyre going to claim another tie with Kansas in the standings.

notorious 10-14-2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 10087237)
The awesome thing about KSU? like this Spring, theyre going to claim another tie with Kansas in the standings.

Why would they? Ksu is going to suck at basketball, too.

Prison Bitch 10-15-2013 08:55 AM

The new Bill Snyder statue didn't survive the 0-3 start:

http://pkuncensored.files.wordpress....m-statue-1.jpg

Pasta Little Brioni 10-15-2013 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saul Good (Post 10086107)
Basketball championships

THAT will sting the buckled beak

Pasta Little Brioni 10-15-2013 08:58 AM

Who the **** cares more about "raking in money" than winning ROFL Sooooo dumb. Yeah we've been embarrased for years and our fans don't care enough to show up, but look at that fat cash yo ROFL