ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Eric Berry ‘a bit surprised’ on lack of extension progress (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=300780)

kccrow 02-24-2017 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12755729)
The only tag I could see them doing is the Transition tag. I believe that's worth $10 million....and even then....I still wouldn't do it.

Yeah it was 10.875 last year. I'd gather it's going to go up a tad, probably around 11. I agree, too much.

Sweet Daddy Hate 02-24-2017 06:30 PM

Berry will be paid, Chiefs will draft Mahomes, Alex will tear both ACL's, tears of ass-hurt shall flow, and Tigger will be run over by a milk truck.

All in all, a very wonderful 2017 season.

BossChief 02-24-2017 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 12755729)
The only tag I could see them doing is the Transition tag. I believe that's worth $10 million....and even then....I still wouldn't do it.

That's not how a transition tag works.

If KC transition tags a player (each team has 2 transition tags per year iirc ..but they may only have 1.. so I can see KC using them on Berry AND Poe) every team can negotiate with that player and if Berry accepts the offer from another team, KC has a limited time (iirc a week) to either decline the offer or to match the offer.

If KC matches the offer, that's his new contract in KC.

If KC declines to match, they get nothing in compensation. (Not sure if that factors into comp picks)

It's basically a right of refusal and without the draft pick compensation involved with the franchise tag, it should allow teams to truly set the market for the player.

John Elway used the tag on CJ Anderson last offseason. Another team made him a good contract offer and Denver matched it to keep CJ.

I have mentioned that I think the fairest tag would be the transition tag for both Poe and Berry.

That explaination of the tag probably makes sense to why I think that.

Smed1065 02-24-2017 11:04 PM

Fudge Berry. Always been great here. Great player but the best with cancer. No he is not Batman. Many here said best ever but never proved. Many must like Tenn cause he cant cover. Love EB but he sucks at coverage... Was a weak link then improved but he sucks @TE and is not the top safety IMO. LB maybe. LOL truth is not popular here. This site says most fans want a QB change? Why? Its a CP BS item. Pay top money for what. A leader but there R limits.

BryanBusby 02-24-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12755772)
Berry will be paid, Chiefs will draft Mahomes, Alex will tear both ACL's, tears of ass-hurt shall flow, and Tigger will be run over by a milk truck.

All in all, a very wonderful 2017 season.

I'm down with this.

Smed1065 02-24-2017 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12756063)
I'm down with this.

Nice Avy.
Ruled the NFL like U said. :hmmm:

BossChief 02-24-2017 11:36 PM

Smeds hammer drunk in the front row of a Leonard Skynard concert right now.

Pasta Little Brioni 02-25-2017 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe (Post 12755712)

You could cut Ward and the other turd, sign Berry, and it would be an upgrade.

TigeRRUppeRRcut 02-25-2017 08:43 AM

Imagine all the excuses this place will have if Smith and Reid wins next year and people retracting their comments like they didn't mean it. I doubt some people will even be happy for the team if it happened. Sad bastards.

ThaVirus 02-25-2017 08:50 AM

No one gives a shit about regular season wins

Pasta Little Brioni 02-25-2017 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TigerUppercut (Post 12756218)
Imagine all the excuses this place will have if Smith and Reid wins next year and people retracting their comments like they didn't mean it. I doubt some people will even be happy for the team if it happened. Sad bastards.

Turnover differe wins games, so yeah they will win more than they lose again. The problem is, your boy leaves too many plays on the field to overcome the elite teams. He's served his purpose....time to move on.

This is also another example of baiting. Something Hoot was just romperized for. Inconsistency at it's finest folks

SAUTO 02-25-2017 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 12756236)
Turnover differe wins games, so yeah they will win more than they lose again. The problem is, your boy leaves too many plays on the field to overcome the elite teams. He's served his purpose....time to move on.

This is also another example of baiting. Something Hoot was just romperized for. Inconsistency at it's finest folks

report the posts when he trolls or baits

BryanBusby 02-25-2017 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO (Post 12756238)
report the posts when he trolls or baits

Is it really necessary for a user to thumb through a collection of shit posts to determine what we all already know?

Pasta Little Brioni 02-25-2017 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12756248)
Is it really necessary for a user to thumb through a collection of shit posts to determine what we all already know?

For some reason turds like knowmo and tigger are exempt from the rules. They will continue to allow the shit posts to flow.

SAUTO 02-25-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BryanBusby (Post 12756248)

No, when he trolls report it.