ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals *** Official 2017 Royals Offseason Repository (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=303381)

suzzer99 02-01-2017 09:46 PM

On a gut level, losing Dyson hurts worse than anyone since Beltran.

Chiefspants 02-01-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 12721950)
On a gut level, losing Dyson hurts worse than anyone since Beltran.

Oh man, I was pretty freaking devastated about Wil Myers. I had to pretty much be talked from the ledge after that one.

SAUTO 02-01-2017 09:48 PM

I was that way about odorizzi

C3HIEF3S 02-01-2017 11:14 PM

Myers had his fair share of flaws that were apparent enough for me to not get worked up over trading him. Though, at that point in time I wanted the Royals to fire Dayton Moore so I viewed it as a win-win. If the trade worked out, then great, if it didn't then GMDM would've been fired. I, and many others, had the sense that DM was skipping ahead in "the process" just to get the Royals to relevance and save his job.

Fast forward to now and I'll defend Dayton to my grave dammit.

Chiefspants 02-01-2017 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 12722102)
Myers had his fair share of flaws that were apparent enough for me to not get worked up over trading him. Though, at that point in time I wanted the Royals to fire Dayton Moore so I viewed it as a win-win. If the trade worked out, then great, if it didn't then GMDM would've been fired.

Fast forward to now and I'll defend Dayton to my grave dammit.

It was especially hard for me because I watched him, Hos and Moose transition from boys 2 men on 124p video at minor league games.

I was okay with trading Wil, but not for two years of a pitcher who had the mileage that James Shields did.

Luckily, I am a dumbass, and GMDM is not.

Prison Bitch 02-02-2017 08:20 AM

I thought the trade was fine in terms of fair value. I didn't want us doing it tho because we won 72 games and weren't a contender. Apparently DM felt we were and the rest is history

Fansy the Famous Bard 02-02-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12722251)
I thought the trade was fine in terms of fair value. I didn't want us doing it tho because we won 72 games and weren't a contender. Apparently DM felt we were and the rest is history

This.

The other piece was that we had such a gaping hole in RF... and GMDM was trading away our future RF of the millennium (in our minds).

lewdog 02-02-2017 03:02 PM

Somewhere deep down inside me, I've never cared for Dyson much. Even though he's valuable to the Royals more than other teams, he's still just a 4th OF at best. I'm definitely not upset about losing him like some are here. It kinds blows my mind some are that torn up about it.

Scaga 02-02-2017 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12722822)
Somewhere deep down inside me, I've never cared for Dyson much. Even though he's valuable to the Royals more than other teams, he's still just a 4th OF at best. I'm definitely not upset about losing him like some are here. It kinds blows my mind some are that torn up about it.

ditto

Prison Bitch 02-02-2017 03:16 PM

Quote:

Man, I think every pt you made is false

lewdog 02-02-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prison Bitch (Post 12722854)
Man, I think every pt you made is false

Tell me why he wasn't a starting OF everyday then please.

Yes, I realize his WAR was good but why didn't he start then with the shit we've played in RF over the years?

Nightfyre 02-02-2017 03:57 PM

Quote:

Dyson swiped some critical bags. He was a part of the high pressure we put on teams late game. He also had some epic quotes. I named my dog after him and got my wife his custom jersey. He epitomizes the Royals, imo. Unconventional, fun to watch, and creates pressure.

Prison Bitch 02-02-2017 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12722863)

Yes, I realize his WAR was good but why didn't he start then with the shit we've played in RF over the years?

I don't know why you said "shit". Gordon and Cain made AS games, Cain playing *some* RF when Dyson came in. When they were hurt he did play, even in LF for Alex at times.

Point: if we didn't have both of them, he would've started regardless who was RF

I don't know why he didn't play over Alex Rios in 2015. I'm guessing the 10M paycheck forced that.

Dyson could've played CF every year for us the past 3-4 seasons, and we'd not have missed a beat. He could play CF for just about any team, bat 9, make no $, and be valuable.

Sure-Oz 02-03-2017 11:18 AM

@JeffPassan: Royals are a file-and-trial team but settled in arb with Kelvin Herrera for $5.325M. Didn't want a fight in aftermath of Ventura tragedy.

ChiefsCountry 02-03-2017 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 12722863)

Dyson is example where the eye test and WAR numbers don't add up.