ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Knowmo's Homer Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=274917)

MagicHef 10-26-2013 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10126809)
Vick had a 61 yard run and like a 30 yard run, McCoy had a 50 yard run. That skews it.

Take all those huge, embarrassing runs out, and KC is still giving up more rushing yards on fewer carries than Denver.

Bowser 10-26-2013 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10126950)
Take all those huge, embarrassing runs out, and KC is still giving up more rushing yards on fewer carries than Denver.

no1curr

We're on a historic pace for QB sacks, and no team has scored more than 16 on us all season. Congrats on having a better run D, I guess. Now learn to cover someone.

RealSNR 10-26-2013 11:51 PM

Quote:

The scheme is more naturally inclined to putting pressure on the pass instead of the run. This makes sense when you consider how the defensive linemen are asked to attack, and in all the weird and complex different packages. Sorry, but lining up Allen Bailey over center with Poe, Hali, and Brandon Flowers off the edges may not be the most conducive package to holding the RB to no gain. It might allow 5 or 6 yards.

The point is it's getting the job done in terms of POINTS. That's where it matters. What you're arguing with this YPC bullshit is meaningless.

It's not like our offense is blowing teams out early so they're forced to abandon the run. We've faced some pretty damn good RBs and run-heavy teams, and the damage on the scoreboard has been minimal.

I'll take that over your defense's supposed superior run-stopping ability. We'll see who gives up 39 points to the Colts and who doesn't.

Hint: It's not us.

RealSNR 10-26-2013 11:54 PM

If the run is our defense's weak point, I'm sure Manning will be content to hand it off to Knowmo and Ball far more often than he drops back to pass, right? After all, handing it off negates our strength, which is the pass rush, and it puts up a damn good fight in terms of winning TOP and field position, which is how our offense operates and contributes to the game the best.

Do you think Peyton is ready to do that? He's welcome to try it out. A run-heavy offense certainly appears to be the best way to neutralizing and perhaps even cracking our defense.

RunKC 10-26-2013 11:55 PM

Quote:

Chiefs have given up 769 yards rushing (22nd in the league).

If you take out the 99 yards rushing from Vick, 50 from Fitzpatrick and 56 from Pryor (your QB is not running for any rushing yards), that's 205 yards taken out and it puts us at 564, good for 5th in the NFL.

Yes we got torn up by McCoy, but he had 4.6 YPC against you as well, so it's not like you held him down either.

Difference is, our pass D, pass rush, and overall defense is better than yours, and Knowshon Moreno is not even close to the talent that McCoy is, so I doubt he'll go off on us like McCoy did, whereas we are a top 10 rushing team and Jamaal is the most dangerous RB in the AFC.

RunKC 10-26-2013 11:59 PM

Also funny that we give around 12 PPG on D and the Broncos give up 28 LMAO

Bowser 10-27-2013 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10126969)

If you take out the 99 yards rushing from Vick, 50 from Fitzpatrick and 56 from Pryor (your QB is not running for any rushing yards), that's 205 yards taken out and it puts us at 564, good for 5th in the NFL.

Yes we got torn up by McCoy, but he had 4.6 YPC against you as well, so it's not like you held him down either.

Difference is, our pass D, pass rush, and overall defense is better than yours, and Knowshon Moreno is not even close to the talent that McCoy is, so I doubt he'll go off on us like McCoy did, whereas we are a top 10 rushing team and Jamaal is the most dangerous RB in the AFC.

http://verastic.com/site/wp-content/...s-Away-Gif.gif

Mother****erJones 10-27-2013 12:27 AM

Jax scored 19 IN Denver.

AussieChiefsFan 10-27-2013 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10126972)
Also funny that we give around 12 PPG on D and the Broncos give up 28 LMAO

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 10126996)
Jax scored 19 IN Denver.

Nice.

MagicHef 10-27-2013 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 10126969)

I love when you guys do this. It makes no sense.

In related news, it turns out that Denver is just susceptible to passes thrown by guys named Romo or Manning. Take those out, and we have a top 5 pass defense.

RunKC 10-27-2013 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagicHef (Post 10127013)

In related news, it turns out that Denver is just susceptible to passes thrown by guys named Romo or Manning. Take those out, and we have a top 5 pass defense.

It makes perfect sense. Manning is not a threat that those QB's are with their feet, so why should our rush D be concerned about that when that has been a weakness?

And yes Alex Smith is not Romo or Eli, but my God if Romo can throw 500 on you then I would bet Alex can get 300.

Your pass D is literally that awful.

vailpass 10-27-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Luck?

Mother****erJones 10-27-2013 12:51 AM

Quote:

Lol your own fellow fan just called your bullshit. STFU

Mother****erJones 10-27-2013 12:52 AM

Quote:

Henne was lighting you up. STFU

MagicHef 10-27-2013 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vailpass (Post 10127018)
Luck?

Had 213 yards.