ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Geno Smith fans roll call (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=263890)

CaliforniaChief 10-18-2012 09:54 PM

I feel more strongly about "Blow for Geno" than I did "Suck for Luck."

Geno Smith is un-freakingbelievable, and it would slay me if he ends up with the Browns or Raiders instead of with us.

With a new head coach/GM, we could build a championship team around Geno Smith within a year or two.

Ebolapox 10-18-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029649)
Your race card is insulting.

But let's compare Geno Smith to Aaron Rodgers even though Rodgers has a ****ing rifle while Geno has a bee bee gun.

and rodgers doesn't have the gun that jeff george or jamarcus russell had. would you like one of those, you ****ing idiot?

BossChief 10-18-2012 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029791)
I agree, but who has he played?

Right now I like Tyler Wilson the most. The kid showed a ton of potential last year against the best defenses. He even looked pretty good against the LSU, Bama and South Carolina defenses.

I know he looks awful now, but his coach is flat out terrible and his WR's are all in the NFL now.

I would love to have Geno on this team though. I think he has the ability to be a great QB. I really want to see him rebound this week though (I want him to throw at least 3 TD's in a loss because I want K-State to go to the ship).

And I don't get the Russell Wilson hate? Wilson was ****ing awesome his last year in college and completed 73% of his passes with 33 TD's to 14 INT's. He also has completed 63% of his passes with below average WR's in the NFL and beat Tom Brady last week, so forgive me if I don't hate him like some of you guys seem to.

Geno Smith threw for 463 yards against LSU last year, dumbass.

Caseyguyrr 10-18-2012 10:41 PM

add me to the list

RunKC 10-18-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029844)

293 of those yards were in the 2nd half when LSU was up by 3 TD's and the game was over.

Saccopoo 10-18-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029869)
293 of those yards were in the 2nd half when LSU was up by 3 TD's and the game was over.

And all 463 of those yards were getting tossed against Tyrann Matthieu and Morris Claiborne, with Brockers, Montegomery and Mingo draped all over him.

That's an NFL first round pick at nearly every position level defense.

Sorry, but your "garbage time" theory doesn't hold water.

BossChief 10-18-2012 11:11 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qvrXu9Fsvpk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RunKC 10-19-2012 02:16 AM

This mock draft just gave me chubby. :eek:

1. Geno Smith QB West Virginia
2. Eric Reid S LSU
3. Tavon Austin WR West Virginia (bye Dexter)

AussieChiefsFan 10-19-2012 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 9029983)

2. Eric Reid S LSU

This would be infinitely awesome.

Unsmooth-Moment 10-19-2012 02:30 AM

Quote:

2. Eric Reid S LSU

in.

AussieChiefsFan 10-19-2012 02:32 AM

Quote:

2. Eric Reid S LSU

Quote:

Originally Posted by AussieChiefsFan (Post 9029985)
This would be infinitely awesome.

Although i like DMC.

acesn8s 10-19-2012 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief (Post 9029805)
I feel more strongly about "Blow for Geno" than I did "Suck for Luck."

Geno Smith is un-freakingbelievable, and it would slay me if he ends up with the Browns or Raiders instead of with us.

With a new head coach/GM, we could build a championship team around Geno Smith within a year or two.

I am hearing that Oakland wants to retain Palmer and go for a CB in the draft.

acesn8s 10-19-2012 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 9029844)

I will say it again, if garbage yardage is a deciding factor as to how well a QB is then Cassel is what Pioli thinks he is. But we all know that Cassel is shit and his numbers are inflated because of the catching up he must do because of falling behind in games. Geno Smith only put 463 yds against LSU because they fell behind so quickly in the game. LSU went into the half up 27-7. He threw the ball 65 times! This should not be the game that you all hang your hat on when supporting Geno.

Woodchuck 10-19-2012 06:29 AM

I like Geno. I really do but, I want to see him carry the team in a bad situation. This won't be popular but it's a valid point imo. When they get down and are playing like shit, I want to see him step up. I haven't seen that yet. The best QBs can do this and this is one of the most important qualities to me. Kansas State will be their toughest test to this point in my opinion.

He does compare to Aaron Rodgers in this area. Most of his success has come when he's played with the lead. Odds are he will never go through another playoff run without trailing in a game.

30yr fan 10-19-2012 06:37 AM

Far better than what we've had around here for decades