ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs' Player Jevon Belcher involved in murder-suicide, shoots self at Arrowhead (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=267244)

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMc (Post 9169880)
Monday December 13, 2010. NY Giants v Minnesota Vikings. Ford Field, Detroit.

Originally scheduled for 12 December in Minnesota.

LMAO

Yeah, because the ROOF COLLAPSED at the stadium!

They didn't postpone it because some ****ing douchebag offed himself.

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169776)
Dude, if an employee at your place of business killed his girlfriend, then offed himself, would the owner shut it down the next day?

What am I missing here Dane?

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9169879)
Its easier to play the game to little consequence to who wins than not play it and cause bigger issues.

Exactly.

Wow, my first time ever for agreeing with you.

And it only took Jovan Belcher to off himself.

MoreLemonPledge 12-01-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169878)
Yeah, I should really feel sorry for Jovan Belcher.

:rolleyes:

If I were his teammate, I'd be ****ing pissed that he killed himself and his girlfriend. I certainly wouldn't feel any pain.

**** him.

Oh, and **** you.

This has nothing to do with your feelings toward Belcher. It has to do with you being a total asshole like usual and being wrong. Man up and don't deflect the issue.

DeezNutz 12-01-2012 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 9169879)
9/11 games were postponed 1 week.

Here is the deal, its KC and Carolina, 2 bad teams that playing each other have little impact on the big picture when you look at who wins.

If they don't play it causes bigger issues long term.

Its easier to play the game to little consequence to who wins than not play it and cause bigger issues.

Yep. This game is about the greater good (the league) coming before the local concern.

dirk digler 12-01-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169874)
MULTI-BILLION

What the **** is wrong with people?

Does Multi-million count? :Poke:

HMc 12-01-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169883)
LMAO

Yeah, because the ROOF COLLAPSED at the stadium!

They didn't postpone it because some ****ing douchebag offed himself.

Yet the wheels of NFL commerce continue to turn.

Turns out you were wrong, though.

okcchief 12-01-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169865)
So you're going to pull this shit?

First off, you're WRONG. Name the last time NFL games were postponed.

Secondly, go **** yourself.

There have been games moved to Monday because of weather. There was a game in Philly a few years back. The Chiefs and Dolphins moved a game to Friday in 2002. Not the same circumstance, but not unprecedented. Considering the teams didn't get their normal preparation time in today it wouldn't have been shocking to see them move it back a day.

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 9169885)
What am I missing here Dane?

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169824)
Really?

So, how many times have huge, multi-billion business been shut down this year because an employee committed suicide?

I'll be really anxious to hear the numbers.

This

philfree 12-01-2012 10:57 PM

They're going to play the game. They're men. I'm not close to young but one thing I remember about my dad growing up is no matter what happened he went to work. That's what men did back then and that's what men should do today. Men go to work.

MoreLemonPledge 12-01-2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169865)
So you're going to pull this shit?

First off, you're WRONG. Name the last time NFL games were postponed.

Secondly, go **** yourself.

A game was postponed a couple of years ago and played on a Wednesday due to the weather.

HMc 12-01-2012 10:58 PM

are we due for another Dane meltdown when he takes his ball and goes home because the mods don't do his bidding?

mdchiefsfan 12-01-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 9169674)
The Chiefs and the NFL said they would make grief counselors available to the players. On Saturday night, the players association dispatched former Chiefs player Brian Waters to the team hotel to counsel players.

Define irony

DaneMcCloud 12-01-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okcchief (Post 9169897)
There have been games moved to Monday because of weather. There was a game in Philly a few years back. The Chiefs and Dolphins moved a game to Friday in 2002. Not the same circumstance, but not unprecedented. Considering the teams didn't get their normal preparation time in today it wouldn't have been shocking to see them move it back a day.

It's not the Giants-Patriots or the 49ers or Baltimore or any teams that a national audience wants to see.

There are many issues, too many issues to list, that would affect Fox broadcasting this particular game on a Monday Night, not to mention it's direct affect the already scheduled ESPN Monday night game.

How can this be so difficult for people to understand?

NJChiefsFan 12-01-2012 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 9169901)
This

And I agree with your point about that. I just read the question you asked what someone with a business would do in this situation and what they would do and another person and I answered that. Answering that question with "yes we would close" doesn't mean I would if I was the NFL.